• Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon group.

I applied 8-6-2019
    took written: 8-13-2019 (Passed)
    medical: 9-6-2019 (Further review)
    PT Test 1: 9-11-2019 (Passed)
    SI: 9-12-2019 (Passed)

Has anyone else had "further review" for their medical?

I submitted my Poly waiver because I'm active duty with a TS/SCI.

Just waiting now. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and good luck to all during this stressful process.
    Last edited by bchalmers; 09-17-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 12-23-2019, 06:46 PM.

• chriscain13
      chriscain13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had further review on my medical as well. After about two months I got an email with some paperwork for my Doctor to fill out and send back. I was on chantix to quit smoking so they wanted the reason from my Doctor. If you know everything was good on your physical as far as hearing and vision it’s most likely gonna be a prescription or a past surgery or procedure that you will likely get an email for.

• bchalmers
      bchalmers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Gentlemen very much for the info.

I know I didn't fail anything.

I had surgery so that makes sense.

• It’s a three year recruitment incentive. So you get that percentage increase to the base salary at each level on the GS scale you are in. Basically the locations listed for the recruitment incentive either have issues filling spots because it’s in the middle of nowhere or because it’s so damn expensive to live in the area applicants are t applying.

Comment

• Staerr
      Staerr commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told that the incentive was given as 1 Payment for each year? Or is it just added onto the salary?

• Turffs18
      Turffs18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Staerr you get your incentive in a lump sum at the begining of each year depending on when you EOD. It is based off of your STARTING salary and doesn't increase. If you are GS-5 you will get the 25% of that each year for 3 years. Also to answer your previous question, I am extremely familiar with Maine/Jackman area. It has a good AWS schedule and I'm also not married and don't have kids. I like to hunt and fish. It's the closest port to my family of about 3 hours and also had the incentive.

• Staerr
      Staerr commented
      Editing a comment
      Turffs18 Okay, thank you! Yeah this is when I wish I had qualified for gs7, that would have definitely help. Ah okay, I was just curious, I’m considering moving all the way from NY to the south border and there isn’t much to offer down there.

• 18-3.
    got the green check mark last Saturday for my poly, now received the email to go tomorrow for the drug screen. How long after this i have to wait for an investigator to contact me?

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds like you got a provisional

• assembly-jef
      assembly-jef commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 Do you know if granted provisional the bar changes to green in the app or does it stays as processing?

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Should say in progress since technically background is not done. They just gave you a chance to enter duty without having background cleared. Only turn green once background fully completed.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      assembly-jef what V_AntCBP said.

• Turffs18 when I took the poly the examiner updated all the information I needed and told me that he uploaded it to E-Quip, do they also send you a different email to recertify after they already updated it? The background stage still says processing in the app.

Lapantoja11 your background is cleared? Or you got the provisional ?

Comment

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      My background is cleared, took 4-5 months

• So I applied in November 2018

Test (Passed)
    Fitness (Passed)
    Medical asked for addtional info (Passed)
    Structured Interview (Passed)
    Poly Reciprocity sent in from Former Agency (Passed)
    Sep 15th

Awaiting

Drug Test
    Background

JFK DUTY LOCATION

Comment

• Waiting at 50% for both 19-9 gs7 OFO, and 19-10 gl9 BPA. My eqip was only submitted to OPR on 8-02-19, but was hoping since I've already had one background done in the last 8 months with TSA it would help move things along. No in person interview that go around with a BI, just a few phone calls to clear up a few things. Can't wait to move forward with everything.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        How you only qualified gs7 ofo but qualified gl9 bpa? Should you apply gs9 ofo? Just curious. TsFost

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        i've thought about that. I applied gs7 because I knew with my background at a SO i should be able to qualify but i'm not sure if just having LE experience works for gs9. The requirements on the job site say at least a year of specialized work if i recall. Maybe I should apply for it and see if it takes?

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost, might as well.... the worse that will happen is you are non-referred and your Gs7 keeps rolling. Best case scenario, your Gs9 is referred and everything carries over. Now you'll have the option of Gs7 or Gs9.

• Does being on public assistance affect my chances on getting the job?
      Last edited by Albax0385; 09-18-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        No, but having bad debts, bad credit may affect Albax0385

• Albax0385
        Albax0385 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok that's good news,my credit is good, I have some debts but no delinquency or collection.

• Hello Fam, 18-12applicant. Anyone here have to retake their PFT1? I'm nearly finished with the process just waiting for the background to clear. I'm assuming this is good news since I may be approached the finishline.

Comment

• MissAmitious
        MissAmitious commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I reapplied for the El Paso announcement. Everything else has transferred with exception of the PFT1. Even the medical transferred over. V_AntCBP

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        MissAmitious right, if you reapplied, and PFT1 already expired.. You gotta do it again. They will be contacting you to schedule your PFT1, I have a friend who has to retake because he reapplied. When I reapplied, it was only 11 months since I took it, so my transferred over.. I had to retake entrance though because I took before August 5th 2018.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        MissAmitious what is your announcement? And are you trying to get el paso?

• Leon0215
        Leon0215 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP same thing with medical (eye, ekg etc...)? if it expires after 2 yr mark but you are not reapplying, they won’t ask you to take it again?

• as long as your announcement is active, you don't need to retake PFT1, 2ndGenFed if you reapply after pft1 expired, then you would need to retake. That is my understanding. The medical and Eqip you just need to recertify. My PFT1 expired 2 months ago, its still Green on CASS.

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
        2ndGenFed commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

• Hey y'all, I reapplied to 19-8 announcement but Montana wasn't offered. I'm the new announcement they have 4 ports available. Can I still ask for those ports now that they are available?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        you can surely ask, when i got my call the port I elected wasn't part of my announcement but since it was made available in other announcements i asked for it ans they said yes.

• I’ve followed this since I applied and figured I’d post finally.

19-9 JFK GS-7

7/8/19: Tentative offer

7/9/19: Eqip Submitted

7/10/19: Medical Scheduled

7/18/19: Medical Completed (Green Check on 7/22/19)

7/22/19: Fitness Scheduled

7/24/19: SI Scheduled

7/26/19: Fitness Completed (Green Check on 7/29/19)

8/21/19: SI Completed ( Verbal Pass & Green Check Next Day )

8/26/19: Update Eqip

9/14/19: Eqip Submitted

CASS: 50% (Eqip, Medical, Fitness SI)

What comes first, polygraph or meeting with a background investigator? I know its a waiting game now but just wanted to know the answer lol

Also, if I wanted to add another location would I have to completely reapply or just wait towards the end for “the call” & let them know then? Not a big deal but JFK is backed up and I know other locations move a bit faster which I wouldn’t mind moving.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        poly first, than meet with background investigator, than drug test and the call.
        Depend of what your announcement is? is it direct hire or regular or Vet?
        If you are a Regular or Vet, just wait for the call and ask for the location you want, if its available, you will mostly get it,
        If you are a Direct Hire, you are going to the South West Border, AZ, CA, TX,
        If you want something else, have to reapply zTiger
        You just applied in July, the way it goes now, you are looking at to have poly scheduled next summer sometimes... unless you are super lucky that they somehow pick you....Good luck with your process
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-19-2019, 07:10 PM.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        From my understanding the location is irrelevant if you're taking the polygraph in a HIGHLY populated area such as Newark etc.

• zTiger
        zTiger commented
        Editing a comment
        Regular announcement. & not sure if I understand that polygraph part. I thought people in other locations were getting their polys faster which is why i was wondering if I could take it at a different location but still keep my same work location I applied too

• I just submitted my 2nd round of "Additional Medical Documentation"
      Anyone else pass medical after a 2nd eval? I don't know how picky they are.

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
        ChrisQuirolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I passed after my second request for additional paperwork. Total time was about 4 months to clear and get the checkmark.

• AMMO2071
        AMMO2071 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, so it looks like i'm not alone. My CBP med eval was just over 4 months ago, so hopefully they will look over this new packet I sent up and give me the thumbs up!

• 17-11 GS9 CBPO

6 months after passing the poly, I am finally meeting with the background investigator for the 1st time on Saturday. He said his deadline to turn in my background is next Thursday.

Comment

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        6 months!? Must be very busy at your location. Background can take anywhere from 2 months to 12 months depending on your background file. Goodluck you are almost to the finish line.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, that's very long. Usually a month or two after poly you get to meet investigator,
        Yeah they all have deadline to submit their investigation and usually very tie deadline now.
        tell your boss yet? jamoranto good luck, hopefully everything is moving quick from now on for you

• jamoranto
        jamoranto commented
        Editing a comment
        I originally applied October 2017. My announcement was negotiable when offered but originally selected SFO. I prefer LAX, if available.

• anyone on this forum awaiting for polygraph and is in announcement 19-2 for JFK. Wondering if anyone received a date for the polygraph exam.

Comment

• hey, I’m leaving on 09/26/2019 to start my EOD but on USA staff it says I have tasks for my paperwork for direct deposit and taxes are due 09/25/2019.. isn’t the reason for the 2 weeks of training at the port before FLETC to help you on filling out all the information HR requests.. Do I fill out the tasks to the best of my abilities or do I wait until my first start date EOD and fill everything out with everyone?

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          what do you mean by taxes are due?

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          " paperwork for direct deposit and taxes" must be submitted before you EOD. Part of the onboarding process to make sure you start getting paid your first day.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          oh ok, i thought you had to submit like copies of your filled taxes from previous years. its just probably like the exemptions and that stuff (w4)

• Danieldv9
          Danieldv9 commented
          Editing a comment
          On my final selection letter it states to not sign, certify or submit any paperwork until you EOD. Yours might be different, just try to read your emails carefully

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4652 users online. 283 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X