Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royalty9290 yes, if u got accepted for gs9. Just focus on that application. No exam needed. I am on the gs9 application myself. Just waiting for poly.
    any questions feel free

Comment

• pissedoff
      pissedoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Really? I will not be scheduled a written exam because I qualified for the GS-9? (I hope you are correct)

• Royalty9290
      Royalty9290 commented
      Editing a comment
      im waiting for the poly and the drug test

• 18-8,
    Just touched base with investigator, he said he submitted the field portion of background investigation on Sept 10,
    I asked for the background case manager email to follow up Down the road, he said he is not allowed to give that info???
    Let see how long I have to wait for background to completely cleared.

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP ok I see. I’ll send her a text on Monday if no response by Wednesday I’ll give her a call and ask. Thank you

• JimmyW777
      JimmyW777 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to be very patient waiting for your background to clear. As soon as it clears, it will turn green in the cass app. Unfortunately, the process can take anywhere between 2 months to 12 months depending on your background case.
      BG investigators just make a report and when its completed and approved it goes to CBP for adjudication. So my best advice is just be patient and your time will come. It's a waiting game as this point. raudy06 knows very well about the wait.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4 JimmyW777 hopefully it doesn't take 12 months plus... I'm 16 months already. Can't imagine 28 plus months...

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP mine took 8 months from November 27 (date submitted) to first week of July BUT the shutdown had a say on my process, that month and change of no work delayed it, still would've been like 6-7 months wait in my case.

• Does anyone know if el paso tx or santa teresa nm are still available?

Comment

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 only santa teresa is available? How do you know?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's in new job announcement. Santa Teresa and one other in new Mexico. Two in Texas. Presidio and one other. I don't think it was el Paso.

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 it says el paso is one of them

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Southern Border: Douglas, Lukeville, Nogales and San Luis, AZ; Andrade, Calexico, Otay Mesa and San Ysidro, CA; Columbus and Santa Teresa, NM; El Paso and Presidio, TX.

• 18-3
    Took the continuation of the poly on Wednesday and got the green check on the app today no email nor a call telling me I passed just the green check. So excited!! now let see how long this background takes.

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      assembly-jef congratulations!! I’m in the background phase as well.

• zombiemap
      zombiemap commented
      Editing a comment
      assembly-jef. Did you fail the first time?

• assembly-jef
      assembly-jef commented
      Editing a comment
      David1984 Thank you! Hope I everything go faster now.
      @zomiemap Not at all. The first one I didn’t got to finished it, it took about 7 hours I passed it on the second try.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      awesome news.

• So is anyone who is currently a cbp officer able to share the experience in FLETC? How was it like? Did you like it? Would you do it again?

Do you like where you are stationed now?
    Anyone in Nogales?

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Swsports22, is there a lap pool available at FLETC? I'm looking into options to PT during the lunch break, if possible. Hoping to use my time there to refocus on kicking back into early 20's level fitness again. :P

• Swsports22
      Swsports22 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was there in 17 it was agency use only. Capitol Police user it for extra PT, however it was mainly used by CBP Air & Marine guys. They don’t have a lifeguard present so that is probably why it’s not allowed for recruits. Things could of changed since then too.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Swsports22, thank you.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      The Taj at the top of the hill has a pool between two of the dorms.

• CBPO 19-1 DH
    I met with my Background Investigator on 8/20, so roughly about 3 and half weeks ago, and haven't heard anything back from him. Do you think it is too early or if it would seem pushy if I texted and asked him if he has submitted the field portion?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Text or call him to follow up... Some won't let you know even that they submitted your background already jdop7 did he met your references, came to your work place yet?

• jdop7
      jdop7 commented
      Editing a comment
      He met with my parents, a past employer, neighbors, and some references before he even met me haha. He met me on a Tuesday and said he wanted to submit everything by that Friday, but never confirmed whether or not he actually did. I think I'll send him a text later on today.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet He definitely did submit, jdop7 shoot him a text to confirm that, my investigator was bad of that too

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine did the same thing. Met everyone before meeting me. Then physically went to my work and one other reference. Did all this and submitted next day.

• Why do some people have to go in and take 2nd poly? Do they say you failed the first one or ran out of time?

Comment

• Turffs18
      Turffs18 commented
      Editing a comment
      zombiemap normally they just can't get a clear reading or result if you're lieing or trying to hide information the results they are getting are not clear. Some people also run out of time also, resulting in a inconclusive result, needing further testing

• My buddy took his last week and the polygraph told him he failed some parts but not all. He got called Friday to come back again next week. Don’t lose hope people. Usually the 2nd retest people pass cuz they know how the format is. So If they tell you, you fail but would come back in for a retest might give you a little hope. Polygraph has a lot to do for recommendation for a retest

Any questions you guys might have I’ll ask him. Not what they ask in the polygraph but general.
    Last edited by zombiemap; 09-14-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Right, unless you get a failing email, don't give up hope... Don't let examiner scares you, that's just their strategy...

• Hello, so I signed a provisional and I’m at 75% , just waited for the background to clear. The BI already sent in his report, any idea or guess of how much longer? Tia

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      So you already took your drug test?

• BeachGirl670
      BeachGirl670 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also at 75%. My drug test just cleared today. I met with my BI last week at work, he also met with my manager and talked to few of my coworkers, neighbor (who's also a coworker), and one of my references. He told me that I was on the priority list but I am not sure what does that mean. I also signed provisional awhile back. Hopefully we get the call soon!

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      BeachGirl670 priority list probably refers to NBIB case service. Options are standard or priority. Priority means NBIB charges the customer, in this case CBP more for the investigation than the standard service. I believe this job calls for a T5 investigation.

An initial T5 if you dont have a current BI/Clearance costs $5596 standard/$6043 priority. A 5year review which for alot of people is being pushed to 6years due to the back log is a T5R and costs $3065/$3310.

• So I met with my Background Investigator on 8/20/19 and I just texted him and asked if there was any update on whether or not he still needed to meet with anyone or if he had sent it in already. This is his response:
    "Mr. 'jdop7', they approved your background on September 6, 2019, now you just have to wait until they contact you, I have no control or an idea when that will occur, sorry I don't have any other information for you!"
    So I'm assuming this means I'm in the adjudication phase of the BI?

Comment

• Roninjin
      Roninjin commented
      Editing a comment
      Government background typically goes like this:
      Sponsering agency request background on an applicant.
      Opm investigator does the background.
      Once completed, Investigator submits the background for internal review.
      Internal review approves the background and submit to sponser agency (this is where I think you are at).
      Sponser agency adjucated your file.

Expect the adjucation to take several more months.
      Last edited by Roninjin; 09-15-2019, 02:59 PM.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah we are in adjudication phase. I'm on the same boat, same time line, hopefully we can eod same time brother... Adjudication takes months... Let the wait begins....

• Update for my progress:

I applied for the GS-9 VRA announcement a few weeks go and was excepted for the GS-9 with duty location negotiable at time off appointment. They sent me an e-mail about the physical and a separate email the same day to log on the OPM e-Qep site. I will be filling out the info on the OPM site tomorrow and it should be easy considering I just inputted the info a week ago for another agency.

So I am at the very beginning of the process. The only bad news is the move. If I do get the job I will have to move and I have a wife who has a full time job and 3 kids. It will be a very hard decision if and when I get the job.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you talk to your wife and have her on board before or after applying? Expecting what is coming? You are GS9 VRA, so you should be moving fairly quicker than regular... be prepared... It could be coming faster than expected...
      Also, as a VRA, you can request locations...try to find a location near you... you may get lucky and get one close by...
      I'm somewhat in the same situation with you, I would have to move, wife is already on board and aware that we will be moving after i get the call... Her job is flexible and she hates the Hot and Hurricane Florida so moving is not really a hard decision for us. ****edoff

• Oh man. First off, this forum is a wealth of knowledge. I’ve been following it for awhile, but finally decided to actually post something.
    I am a 19-7 GS9 VRA Applicant.
    Currently collecting info for my 2nd medical follow-up.
    Once that clears, the long wait for the polygraph.

Comment

• It seems like the process is flowing through again. Anyone from 19-2 for JFK port has received email or phone call for the polygraph exam.

Comment

• Cxp1137
        Cxp1137 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 19-3 I haven’t received anything yet passed my SI in April that’s the last I heard from anyone

• Royalty9290
        Royalty9290 commented
        Editing a comment
        nope im on the 19-2 and nothing yet

• Passed fitness for Bpa this morning, the steps test was definitely no joke. Got 5 mins rest between sit ups and push ups, and 3 mins between push ups and steps test. Whoever is scheduled to take it, practice hard... I did 26 sit ups, 21 push ups... I could have done few more but saved energy for the steps and glad I did.
      I failed 8 weeks ago and thanks God passed this time.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 right, after 3 mins, my feet started feeling it so I started talking to my mind, can't give up, can't give up...lol I failed once already... can't fail another .... 5 mins is definitely eternity... AMMO2071 which ever calls first... i will take it.
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-16-2019, 03:29 PM.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP Lol I was training for that at one point, but it really is just doing one to two more pushups on your first set every other time you do push ups. I switched from push ups to heavy weights gets really boring after 50(per set three sets) pushups to be honest and I dont see the benefit.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I practiced on a bathtub for my step test. it has a 16' side so it really made both the BPA and OFO step tests easier. If you haven't taken the step test yet I recommend trying that method out.

• Patriot91
        Patriot91 commented
        Editing a comment
        is there a video somewhere that shows the speed in which the test is done?

• Hey guys, so after nearly 1 month of meeting with the Background investigator and her submitting all of my paperwork, I just received another call from her wanting to meet tomorrow a.m for a follow up interview. Is this normal? Thanks in advance

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        So she submitted the paperwork and wants to meet again? That's Strange. First time I heard it. But don't worry, probably they just have a few things they want to follow up, clarify with you. Please let us know what they want? I'm in the background phase just like you... Appreciate it....

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not unheard of. When they submit their report, it gets reviewed by higher, then forwarded up the chain. In some cases as its being reviewed it gets kicked back to the investigator because the reviewers generated additional questions, needed clarification, or felt it was missing something that would be needed for adjudication.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9800 users online. 470 members and 9330 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X