Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone from announcement 19-3 receive their polygraph appointmrnt rt ?

Comment

• Fog682
      Fog682 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m announcement 19-3 & had my polygraph mid May

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      Fog682 how did you get your poly so fast??

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      Original app August 201818-12 and reapplied in March 2019 19-6. Polygraph Cleared August 9th 2019

• I've accepted the fact it will take at least one year from passing my SI to be scheduled for my poly - that being said 184 days down 181 more to go!

*assuming one year to be scheduled :P
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was wondering where you had been, waiting game strong !

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been hiding from the forum - I find the days go by faster not checking in here every day.

• Just met with the Background Investigator earlier and everything is looking good

Comment

• Anyone here signed up for provisional. My friend took his polygraph after one week he got drug treated and got the call

Comment

• Turffs18
        Turffs18 commented
        Editing a comment
        zombiemap I got a provisional. Met with investigator a month ago. Got my drug test 7 days after poly and EOD 9 days after that. Original 18-12 announcement EOD December 20th

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        I signed a provisional also but I still have to wait for my background to get cleared. I just don’t how they pick who gets granted a provisional and who doesn’t. 19-2 regular announcement.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        David1984 I'm convinced that they drop Plinko chips like on Price is Right and if lands in the middle slot then provisional is granted, any other slot and they put you in the pile that says wait for BI to complete.

• BeachGirl670
        BeachGirl670 commented
        Editing a comment
        I signed a provisional too! My drug test just got cleared today as well!

• Ok........
      Last edited by Lastchance2017; 10-08-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Turffs18
        Turffs18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Minimum 1 year I'd imagine just like everyone else

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im 39, his age is fine. Yes they have a need for arizona. It will take over a year.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well...it's border...not boarder. It won't take long to make six figures in Arizona...assuming that's the goal and one is willing to work at it.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Lastchance2017, as a veteran he will receive age waivers and can buy back time spent in the Army towards his federal retirement. When it comes to money, within a very short time he will be making close to that much, if not more.

Cost of living in Arizona may be a bit lower than where you currently live, just basing this off a LEO 6-figure salary. So your money would go a lot farther. I'd say reach out and see if you can talk to anyone that has left the road and gone federal, or their spouses for another perspective. I haven't met a person yet that says they wish they stayed on the road compared to the federal game.

Just my experience. I wish him and you the best!

• So i received my final selection letter and while looking at the physical requirements for FLETC graduation I noticed that one of them was a sit and reach test and you must be able to reach 12.5 inches. I am not the most flexible person, so i wanted to ask how do they measure that exactly?

Comment

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        Danieldv9 you don’t do the sit and reach test at Fletc for the FGS so don’t worry about it ..all you have to do is 1.5 miles in 15mins 220 yard dash in 45 seconds and 24 pushups in 1 min
        Last edited by Jas423323; 09-13-2019, 09:37 PM.

• Danieldv9
        Danieldv9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well on my final selection letter, it does state that a 12.5 inches sit and reach is a requirement FGS, along with the ones you mentioned it might be a new requirement?

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        Danieldv9 I am at Fletc now you don’t do it they dropped it from the Requirements

• Danieldv9
        Danieldv9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok, thank you

• Hello can anyone tell me what I will be doing for two weeks at my duty station? Will I be shadowing someone? Is it a full 8 hours every day?

Comment

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        You will be doing your new hire paperwork and online Courses that Fletc makes you do before you get there

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        What's your duty station?

• Any applicants from the southwest, specifically from Calexico CA,SD or San Luis AZ? If so, how is your process going?

Comment

• McCoolCloud
        McCoolCloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Calexico 19-10. Applied 7/19/19. I’m waiting on my Polygraph. I chose San Diego as my poly location. It’s been a month since my SI. I’m currently at 50%. Hopefully I get the call to schedule my poly soon.

• JESUS SANCHEZ
        JESUS SANCHEZ commented
        Editing a comment
        McCoolCloud I applied around the same time as you. I am seating at 38% my Eqip was just submitted to OPR last week. Did you cleared BI already?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        JESUS SANCHEZ the field portion of the BI is the next to last step in the process, you will not get there unless you pass your poly first.

• Is everyone passing the poly nowadays?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately The 60 70% failing rate still stands that I know of

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP and dangerr101 There was some report out awhile ago from CBP that took a sample from I believe 2013 to 2016. The sampling was about the percentage of people who pass, fail, admission to something that leads to failure. The admission made up about half of the failure pool. Some people go into the polygraph and or look for a police career with things that are LISTED as a DQ factor. So the 70% failure is correct but doesnt give a fair view of what will happen if someone who is honest and takes the polygraph with nothing else to hide.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        BowMan2006 could be like you said.. I don't know... All I know is... 7 people I know took poly in the last 6 months for whatever reasons it might be, only 2 passed and continued with process. So for me that 60 70 % number is still true... I don't know if they lied or whatever issues they might have... They all said they were accused something they didn't do.
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-13-2019, 05:07 PM.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP That percent is correct the sampling they did just broke it down further. If you fail because of the test or admission its still a fail for the test. I was just saying for someone who declared everything, and has nothing hiding in the closet the passing rate seems to go up a lot more. I am just trying to look at it from a positive point of view is all. The failure rate like you said is still in that ballpark of 70%.

• 8/12/19: Applied to GS-9 1911 Direct and Regular
      8/19/19: Tentative offer accepted
      8/20/19: EQUIP Started
      8/21/19: EQUIP Submitted
      8/22/19: EQUIP Submitted to OPR and cleared
      8/23/19: Went for medical
      8/29/19: Went for SI and got verbal pass and fingerprints
      8/30/19: SI cleared on the App
      9/3/19: Fitness passed and cleared next day on app
      9/12/19: Medical Cleared
      Currently 50%
      waiting for my poly

Comment

• Some medical paperwork is required but it seems to be too large to send in one email. Has anyone ever sent them in two separate emails and it was acceptable? Or is my last option just to mail?

Comment

• R89
          R89 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the same question, and I asked medical directly. Their response was “Unfortunately, we no longer accept documents by mail. If your files are large, you may split your documents apart into multiple emails. If you are sending your documents in multiple emails please let us know and label them, so we can ensure all documents are uploaded to your file.”

• Staerr
          Staerr commented
          Editing a comment
          R89 Okay, thank you! I prefer email before mailing as well lol

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          If you can scan all your documents as PDF's. I ended up going to my local library and scanned all paperwork as PDF's. And sent in one email. (approx. 40 pages worth).

• 17-11 GS 9 CBPO

just received an email this morning that my case manager changed and to recertify my eqip before my field investigation starts. Took my poly back in March.

Recertified my eqip already. How long before I am contacted by the background investigator or scheduled for drug test?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I met investigator 3 weeks after I recertified eqip, took him almost a month to meet everyone and submit field portion of background. jamoranto if you are not provisional clear, drug test comes after background fully completed which I've seen so far takes 2 months to 1 year plus....
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-14-2019, 07:25 AM.

• hey everyone,
        I'm new here. I just applied for the CPBO on September 1 for a GS-9.
        Yesterday, I received a tentative job offer and I accepted it. Now it states im selected on usajobs.
        I haven't done anything yet for the process besides the HR paperwork to confirm I accept the job. Im set to take the entrance exam next Tuesday but that was for the GS5/7 announcement. Can any one tell me what to expect? or what this means?
        Also I am currently a BOP employee as a C.O, prior worked as a police officer and I have a college degree

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          @Royalty9290... As for the exam, and I'm using dated information from when I took it in 2015, should be a knowledge assessment (how well can you read and apply concepts and some math for currency conversion and summations) and then either a Spanish language test or a language learning aptitude test.

The test were mostly fairly straight forward and easy. I took the language learning aptitude test. So you learn about a fake language (set structures, rules, and grammar syntax) and then are asked questions to see how well you can learn that language.

After passing the tests, then you move on to the PFT1, E-QIP background paperwork, Medical Tests, Poly, Background and Drug Test.

• Royalty9290 you will/should get a date to take the exam. With gs 9 no exam is needed its waived if u got accepted for gs-9 ignore the exam. And wait for some emails to move forward

Comment

• Royalty9290
          Royalty9290 commented
          Editing a comment
          ok so don't even go and take the test next week for the gs5/7 since I got a job offer for the gs-9?

• So this might be a stupid question, but does CBP pay for our transportation (airfare) to FLETC and back? and if so, what if we decide to drive there?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          You file a claim at the end of you temporary duty, Based on the FTR or applicable department/agency regs. You get 58 cents per mile I think is the 2019 GSA rate (this covers gas, wear and tear, etc...) GSA establishes distance from home port to duty location and back. Typically you will be limited to what the government would have paid for contracted rate airfare, but in my experience with DOD its cheaper for them to pay me than to fly me. Also you will probably be limited to 1 authorized travel day as that is how long air would take, any additional time would have to be a normal day off or leave time. Hotel would be out of pocket as well.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Danieldv9, I will be able to tell you in three months :P .... I was told they will pay for travel, as per the Joint Travel Regulations, from the POE to FLETC and back. You can request the back end to be driven.

But I'll let someone who has bee through the ringer tell us.... If not, I'll revisit when I get the final onboarding information in approximately 6 - 10 weeks.

• Lapantoja11
          Lapantoja11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank for the info

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lapantoja11 the government is sending you on what is considered temporary duty. They provide or reimburse you for purchasing transportation, meals, lodging and a few other entitlements that are outlined in the federal travel regulation. Each department/agency has policies that augment the regulation. But the basic travel from duty location to temporary duty location, as well as lodging and meals while at the temp location are required to be provided by the government to the employee.

The agency will have a travel officer who will book the flight and charge it to an agency account. (Frequent travelers like me, have a government Visa card that is used instead)

If a federal employee elects to use their own transportation instead that's ok as it's usually more advantageous to the government financially.

For lodging, meals and incidentals, Brunswick, GA rates are using this month as example
          Lodging $128 per night
          Meals $71 per day plus $5 incidental expenses.

Because FLETC provides lodging and meals, the government doesn't have to reimburse you for lodging and meals. But they will pay the $5 per day. As well as the mileage reimbursement for those that elect to take thier own vehicle.

Again this is my experience with DOD, different agency/department but it's still the same travel regulation
          Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 09-13-2019, 11:15 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5213 users online. 242 members and 4971 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X