Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello can anyone tell me what I will be doing for two weeks at my duty station? Will I be shadowing someone? Is it a full 8 hours every day?

Comment

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      You will be doing your new hire paperwork and online Courses that Fletc makes you do before you get there

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      What's your duty station?

• Any applicants from the southwest, specifically from Calexico CA,SD or San Luis AZ? If so, how is your process going?

Comment

• McCoolCloud
      McCoolCloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Calexico 19-10. Applied 7/19/19. I’m waiting on my Polygraph. I chose San Diego as my poly location. It’s been a month since my SI. I’m currently at 50%. Hopefully I get the call to schedule my poly soon.

• JESUS SANCHEZ
      JESUS SANCHEZ commented
      Editing a comment
      McCoolCloud I applied around the same time as you. I am seating at 38% my Eqip was just submitted to OPR last week. Did you cleared BI already?

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      JESUS SANCHEZ the field portion of the BI is the next to last step in the process, you will not get there unless you pass your poly first.

• Is everyone passing the poly nowadays?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately The 60 70% failing rate still stands that I know of

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP and dangerr101 There was some report out awhile ago from CBP that took a sample from I believe 2013 to 2016. The sampling was about the percentage of people who pass, fail, admission to something that leads to failure. The admission made up about half of the failure pool. Some people go into the polygraph and or look for a police career with things that are LISTED as a DQ factor. So the 70% failure is correct but doesnt give a fair view of what will happen if someone who is honest and takes the polygraph with nothing else to hide.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      BowMan2006 could be like you said.. I don't know... All I know is... 7 people I know took poly in the last 6 months for whatever reasons it might be, only 2 passed and continued with process. So for me that 60 70 % number is still true... I don't know if they lied or whatever issues they might have... They all said they were accused something they didn't do.
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-13-2019, 05:07 PM.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP That percent is correct the sampling they did just broke it down further. If you fail because of the test or admission its still a fail for the test. I was just saying for someone who declared everything, and has nothing hiding in the closet the passing rate seems to go up a lot more. I am just trying to look at it from a positive point of view is all. The failure rate like you said is still in that ballpark of 70%.

• 8/12/19: Applied to GS-9 1911 Direct and Regular
    8/19/19: Tentative offer accepted
    8/20/19: EQUIP Started
    8/21/19: EQUIP Submitted
    8/22/19: EQUIP Submitted to OPR and cleared
    8/23/19: Went for medical
    8/29/19: Went for SI and got verbal pass and fingerprints
    8/30/19: SI cleared on the App
    9/3/19: Fitness passed and cleared next day on app
    9/12/19: Medical Cleared
    Currently 50%
    waiting for my poly

Comment

• Some medical paperwork is required but it seems to be too large to send in one email. Has anyone ever sent them in two separate emails and it was acceptable? Or is my last option just to mail?

Comment

• R89
        R89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same question, and I asked medical directly. Their response was “Unfortunately, we no longer accept documents by mail. If your files are large, you may split your documents apart into multiple emails. If you are sending your documents in multiple emails please let us know and label them, so we can ensure all documents are uploaded to your file.”

• Staerr
        Staerr commented
        Editing a comment
        R89 Okay, thank you! I prefer email before mailing as well lol

• ChrisQuirolo
        ChrisQuirolo commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can scan all your documents as PDF's. I ended up going to my local library and scanned all paperwork as PDF's. And sent in one email. (approx. 40 pages worth).

• 17-11 GS 9 CBPO

just received an email this morning that my case manager changed and to recertify my eqip before my field investigation starts. Took my poly back in March.

Recertified my eqip already. How long before I am contacted by the background investigator or scheduled for drug test?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I met investigator 3 weeks after I recertified eqip, took him almost a month to meet everyone and submit field portion of background. jamoranto if you are not provisional clear, drug test comes after background fully completed which I've seen so far takes 2 months to 1 year plus....
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-14-2019, 07:25 AM.

• hey everyone,
      I'm new here. I just applied for the CPBO on September 1 for a GS-9.
      Yesterday, I received a tentative job offer and I accepted it. Now it states im selected on usajobs.
      I haven't done anything yet for the process besides the HR paperwork to confirm I accept the job. Im set to take the entrance exam next Tuesday but that was for the GS5/7 announcement. Can any one tell me what to expect? or what this means?
      Also I am currently a BOP employee as a C.O, prior worked as a police officer and I have a college degree

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        @Royalty9290... As for the exam, and I'm using dated information from when I took it in 2015, should be a knowledge assessment (how well can you read and apply concepts and some math for currency conversion and summations) and then either a Spanish language test or a language learning aptitude test.

The test were mostly fairly straight forward and easy. I took the language learning aptitude test. So you learn about a fake language (set structures, rules, and grammar syntax) and then are asked questions to see how well you can learn that language.

After passing the tests, then you move on to the PFT1, E-QIP background paperwork, Medical Tests, Poly, Background and Drug Test.

• Royalty9290 you will/should get a date to take the exam. With gs 9 no exam is needed its waived if u got accepted for gs-9 ignore the exam. And wait for some emails to move forward

Comment

• Royalty9290
        Royalty9290 commented
        Editing a comment
        ok so don't even go and take the test next week for the gs5/7 since I got a job offer for the gs-9?

• So this might be a stupid question, but does CBP pay for our transportation (airfare) to FLETC and back? and if so, what if we decide to drive there?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 12-23-2019, 06:48 PM.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Danieldv9, I will be able to tell you in three months :P .... I was told they will pay for travel, as per the Joint Travel Regulations, from the POE to FLETC and back. You can request the back end to be driven.

But I'll let someone who has bee through the ringer tell us.... If not, I'll revisit when I get the final onboarding information in approximately 6 - 10 weeks.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank for the info

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 12-23-2019, 06:49 PM.

• Royalty9290 yes, if u got accepted for gs9. Just focus on that application. No exam needed. I am on the gs9 application myself. Just waiting for poly.
      any questions feel free

Comment

• Royalty9290
        Royalty9290 commented
        Editing a comment
        im waiting for the poly and the drug test

• 18-8,
      Just touched base with investigator, he said he submitted the field portion of background investigation on Sept 10,
      I asked for the background case manager email to follow up Down the road, he said he is not allowed to give that info???
      Let see how long I have to wait for background to completely cleared.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP ok I see. I’ll send her a text on Monday if no response by Wednesday I’ll give her a call and ask. Thank you

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to be very patient waiting for your background to clear. As soon as it clears, it will turn green in the cass app. Unfortunately, the process can take anywhere between 2 months to 12 months depending on your background case.
        BG investigators just make a report and when its completed and approved it goes to CBP for adjudication. So my best advice is just be patient and your time will come. It's a waiting game as this point. raudy06 knows very well about the wait.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        10-4 JimmyW777 hopefully it doesn't take 12 months plus... I'm 16 months already. Can't imagine 28 plus months...

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP mine took 8 months from November 27 (date submitted) to first week of July BUT the shutdown had a say on my process, that month and change of no work delayed it, still would've been like 6-7 months wait in my case.

• Does anyone know if el paso tx or santa teresa nm are still available?

Comment

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 only santa teresa is available? How do you know?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's in new job announcement. Santa Teresa and one other in new Mexico. Two in Texas. Presidio and one other. I don't think it was el Paso.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 it says el paso is one of them

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Southern Border: Douglas, Lukeville, Nogales and San Luis, AZ; Andrade, Calexico, Otay Mesa and San Ysidro, CA; Columbus and Santa Teresa, NM; El Paso and Presidio, TX.

• 18-3
      Took the continuation of the poly on Wednesday and got the green check on the app today no email nor a call telling me I passed just the green check. So excited!! now let see how long this background takes.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        assembly-jef congratulations!! I’m in the background phase as well.

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        assembly-jef. Did you fail the first time?

• assembly-jef
        assembly-jef commented
        Editing a comment
        David1984 Thank you! Hope I everything go faster now.
        @zomiemap Not at all. The first one I didn’t got to finished it, it took about 7 hours I passed it on the second try.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        awesome news.

• So is anyone who is currently a cbp officer able to share the experience in FLETC? How was it like? Did you like it? Would you do it again?

Do you like where you are stationed now?
      Anyone in Nogales?

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Swsports22, is there a lap pool available at FLETC? I'm looking into options to PT during the lunch break, if possible. Hoping to use my time there to refocus on kicking back into early 20's level fitness again. :P

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        When I was there in 17 it was agency use only. Capitol Police user it for extra PT, however it was mainly used by CBP Air & Marine guys. They don’t have a lifeguard present so that is probably why it’s not allowed for recruits. Things could of changed since then too.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Swsports22, thank you.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        The Taj at the top of the hill has a pool between two of the dorms.

• CBPO 19-1 DH
      I met with my Background Investigator on 8/20, so roughly about 3 and half weeks ago, and haven't heard anything back from him. Do you think it is too early or if it would seem pushy if I texted and asked him if he has submitted the field portion?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Text or call him to follow up... Some won't let you know even that they submitted your background already jdop7 did he met your references, came to your work place yet?

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        He met with my parents, a past employer, neighbors, and some references before he even met me haha. He met me on a Tuesday and said he wanted to submit everything by that Friday, but never confirmed whether or not he actually did. I think I'll send him a text later on today.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet He definitely did submit, jdop7 shoot him a text to confirm that, my investigator was bad of that too

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine did the same thing. Met everyone before meeting me. Then physically went to my work and one other reference. Did all this and submitted next day.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3468 users online. 219 members and 3249 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X