Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-8. Took polygraph beginning of the month. Was contacted today to go back for a 2nd try at the end of the month. The road continues and the final call is still far out of reach. Take it Day by day I guess.

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      ontherunn Thats good news, it could of been that you failed. Just keep on plugging away at life as though you didnt apply. Good luck on the second try.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Not the end of the world bro, still have chance.... You got this... Now you know poly, come back prepared and more relax... Should be easier.... ontherunn

• Approaching 1 year since meeting with the BI and background still not cleared. Sitting at 63% on CASS.

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nousername1 Wow 1 year. That is very long wait. I met my investigator the last week in August, she came came to my work place last week and met with my references. I really hope that I don’t be waiting that long for my to clear. Although she did said that my case seems pretty simple.

Do you have an extensive background like work history outside travels.

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      @V_AntVBP you know what the most frustrating thing is that you cant even email anyone about I have emailed everyone I could think of and even call OPM to see if they could help and nothing. It's a frustrating situation but just gotta hang in there

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Emails sent out and no response yet. Waiting on a generic response regardless. Background not extensive, lived in the same town and worked with 3 employers in the last 12 years.

• zombiemap
      zombiemap commented
      Editing a comment
      Nousername1. When did you take your poly? Did you sign up for provisional

• Drug cleared and got the call today. EOD 1/28/20 JFK FLETC 2/12/20. 17-10 announcement.
    Good luck to all that's still in the proces. If you ever feel frustrated about the process, remember this guy here with 5 polys and 2 NOPAs lol and exactly two years in the process.

p.s. I took my 5th poly on this date of 2018 and passed lol

Comment

• Leon0215
      Leon0215 commented
      Editing a comment
      eikichi10 when did you get the notice that your final background was sent in and pending for adjudication and how long did it take to get adjudicated? thanks

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Leon0215 my bi was sent to opr around nov of 2018 and it got cleared last month

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, eod jfk.. 9/11... Whats a memory. You deserved and earned this job man, don't disappear, come back sometimes and share your experiences and insights about the job... Good luck...

• moquito26
      moquito26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn! That’s a long wait. I was 17-10, failed the poly on 2/18 and just reapplied yesterday. Good luck!

• So this is where I'm at... How long does medical usually take to clear? Took it Monday, went smoothly.

Customs and Border Protection Officer 19-10
    Applied 7/22/19
    Entrance Exam - 7/30/19 PASSED
    Structured Interview - 8/16/19 PASSED
    BI - 8/17/19 PENDING
    Medical - 9/9/19 PENDING
    Poly - ?
    Drug Test - ?
    Final Call - ?

Comment

• TheArcher
      TheArcher commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP Good deal. I'm on the fast track program they give to vets, but medical is still slow as hell and I STILL haven't heard from background e-QIP.

• kewlEd
      kewlEd commented
      Editing a comment
      @TheArcher...My medical appointment was 7/19/2019 and 3 weeks after they asked to fill out some papers from the VA to be sent back to them via before 8/20/2019. Fortunately, I was able to see my VA provider quickly and completed the paperwork. I submitted the paperwork on a Friday and it took a week that they cleared me for medical. Im VRA 19-9 applied 7/10/2019. Right now I' still waiting for the Poly. I as told after my SI interview that it will take 4-6 weeks to get schedule. Goodluck!

• TheArcher
      TheArcher commented
      Editing a comment
      kewlEd What paperwork was it, if I may ask? I gave them my VA disability paperwork when I went in for medical.

• kewlEd
      kewlEd commented
      Editing a comment
      TheArcher It is llike a physical exam that my provider had to certify if I can do the CBP job and some related to my sleep apnea. I had to submit a compliance report(3 months of CPAP use) and results of sleep study. Also, They asked for a copy of the VA rating and the reasons how the VA ratings was granted/denied.

• I am brand new to the CBP hiring process. I read some of the prior posts here (not all of them ). I applied for a VRA announcement 3 weeks ago (CBP Officer)and am shocked of the speed they are moving me at. 2 weeks after applying I got an e-mail basically telling me I am past the first step. A few days later I get an email to schedule a full medical. The same day I get another email to go into the OPM site and fill out the forms for a background check.

Is this normal? I read on here some have been waiting for years. Does applying under the VRA vacancy announcement speed things along faster?

Comment

• Tropictac
      Tropictac commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are Active Duty they can give you reciprocity for you PT Test, DOD physical exam, and if you have TS they will wave the polygraph. I applied VRA 19-3 DEC 2018 and still 63% in CASS. I heard some Mil personnel, with TS, got job offer with in 5-6 months,

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      ****edoff I'm VRA transitioning military with a T5 background investigation that will remain in scope for about another year. Initially my local CBP recruiter told me to apply 1 year from ETS, it seems to have gotten slower because they are telling guys to apply 18 months out now. In the beginning the process was fast. Within the first month I completed eqip, medical, and was approved for a poly waiver. Second month I did SI and submitted PFT reciprocity. Now on to month 7. I'm still waiting with no updates just like everyone else. Just need BI (even though I already am clear at a level higher than required for this job) and drug testing. They list the VRA as streamlined and able to complete in as quick as 90 days, but I dont see how its possible. In theory with an active clearance and poly waiver the long waiting periods should have been skipped and I could have easily been a 3 month or quicker fast track. VRA or not, I hope you have patience.

• TheArcher
      TheArcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Veteran here also, I learned after I passed my BP interview that they fast track all veterans. The emails come fast and heavy after SI pass.

• Moises Acosta
      Moises Acosta commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I hope that applying for the VRA vacancy moves way faster than the Direct Hire vacancy. I applied for Customs on 5/2017, the Direct Hire vacancy, and my Field Investigation was completed on 8/2018. For the past year my Background is showing pending in CASS. Instead of just waiting I also applied for CBP Officer on 8/2019, but this time for the VRA vacancy. My medical and E-Quip was transferred to my new application which I was stoked about. Just did my PFT on 9/4 and have my SI on 10/3. Hopefully my poly and Field investigation also gets transferred over and I can be done and on with the Academy.

• Moved to reply
    Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 09-11-2019, 06:48 PM. Reason: Replied above

Comment

• Thank you for all the responses. So I won’t quit my day job :-) and just wait like everyone else.

Thank goodness for the veteran age waiver. I’m way past my 37th year birthday.
      Last edited by pissedoff; 09-11-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I think cbp age limit is 40, 37 is for FBI

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Even with the fast track it can slow considerably when you get to poly and bi. I believe all new applicants have the opportunity for the fast track if you apply through the Cbp website instead or at one of the hiring expo' s as opposed to usajobs.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        40 is the age limit. I'm 39.

• For your information. Direct Hire & Regular Applicants are under Competitve service which is a year probation. (Southwest Border or a list of available ports in need of officers) VRA is under Exceptive service which is a 2 year probation. After you complete your 2 year trial period, you will be converted into a permanent Competitve service (VRA advantage is you can negotiate your port).

Comment

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah you can request for Houston as a VRA applicant. I read someone got Houston as a port of entry. You will make a choice when you get the final offer.

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        TheArcher Yep - I'm VRA and the guy who asked for Houston and got it. Someone over at Delphiforums I think was saying that as a VRA applicant if you don't meet the 2 year probation they (not sure who "they" is) will work with you to place you in another GS job. Not sure if there's any fidelity to that though.

• TheArcher
        TheArcher commented
        Editing a comment
        showtime15 Is it harder to get the port or the airport? Can you request Hobby airport?

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        TheArcher not sure. I would imagine that they are all tied together technically as "one" port and with seniority you can get the seaport or Hobby. I just asked for Houston in general. From what I've read you have to have seniority to move to the seaport in other places so I imagine it's likely the same in Houston.

• Have anyone received the call recently for Swb? If yes, what porta are still available? A recruiter told me el paso is not longer available

Comment

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP took around 4-5 months

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Lapantoja11 investigator would tell you when he submits your background for reviews right?

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP yes she/he should tell you

• Nefarius9
        Nefarius9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lapantoja11 Locations being offered as of 8/16/19 (when I got the call):

San Ysidro, CA
        Otay Mesa, CA
        Calexico, CA
        Andrade, CA
        Last edited by Nefarius9; 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM.

• Congratulations to all that have gotten through the hiring process and good luck at the academy. Also has anyone from 19-2 announcement for JFK port receive an email for their polygraph exam. Any feedback is always appreciated.

Comment

• There is a new rule / regulation that veterans with 3 years active duty or more are given age waivers with no limit. A veteran can be at any age and still be hired. I am in the process for another agency as well and during the interview I asked if my age of 50 was an issue and that’s when they told me about the new federal regulation that lets us old farts still be hired even after the mandatory 37th birthday.

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's great, thank you for your service and good luck on the CBP process.

• Went for my continuation of my poly yesterday afternoon, this time it did not took as long as the first time. Didn’t received a verbal pass nor a failed but got to finished the whole thing. Now waiting for the outcome!

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          good luck.

• Went for my continuation of my poly yesterday afternoon, this time it did not took as long as the first time. Didn’t received a verbal pass nor a failed but got to finished the whole thing. Now waiting for the outcome!

Comment

• Medical cleared, now waiting for poly

Comment

• Any CBPO's here that can PM me? Especially if you work in NY/NJ area. I just have a few questions because I'm considering whether it will be worth it to leave NYPD and I wish to compare benefits/quality of life etc. Thank you!

Comment

• TheArcher
              TheArcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Heard you guys have it really rough these days.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5590 users online. 257 members and 5333 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X