Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the SI, how difficult is it or would it be without prior law enforcement or military experience?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      easy, watch border wars, homeland security front line, cops shows, you will do just fine Bentley32 I had no prior experience and passed both SI. Be confident, use common sense, care for others, team work...
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-09-2019, 01:24 PM.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Bentley32, at the beginning of the SI, before and after you sign the Non-Disclosure Act, they tell you the exact measures on which you'll be graded and thusly, you have everything you need to pass it.

Listen, Breath, think and then answer.... Ya' got this!

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Use common sense and general people skills and you will be good to go.

• sadie99
      sadie99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am really bad at interviews and have no prior law enforcement or military and I still passed. I felt it was even easier than the TSA structured interview because it is not based on your experience.

• 18-8
    So background investigator just finished talking to my wife, mom, neighbors, and reference today.
    He told me he tries to finish and submit everything by Tue Sept 10.
    Lets the wait begin...
    Hopefully background just clears in few months, no NOPA bs,
    Afraid one thing they will try to ding me for is foreign passport. they dug very deep, asking all kind of questions to different people about this 15 years expired passport. I was born in another country and came here using that passport and US Visa. After I got citizenship, i traveled everywhere using US passport, when I went back to my original country to visit, I had to apply for a temp Visa. But they seem to very interested about that expired passport. Anybody got hired with an expired foreign passport before?
    See guys, even after passing poly, there are still a lot of stuff to worry for.
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-09-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, they they never met with my wife or mother....lol.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      it should not be a problem if you are a legal citizen now, you werent born here so of course you might have that expired passport around, I still have mine. you just dont throw those things out.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 my expired in 2004.. Lol. Never renewed. Still have that around, Been traveling using US passport every where for the last 10 years... I hope it's not a problem man.... It would suck...

• sadie99
      sadie99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got hired with a valid foreign passport. They don't mind you being a dual citizen. It took 7 months for my background to clear. They just had to interview someone that was aware of my dual citizenship as part of the BI. They also ask if they were to ask you to give it up what would you say? But FYI they did not asked me to renounce my other citizenship and I doubt they ever will. They said its fine to have other citizenships/passports as long as you listed it on your BI when you applied for the job. You are not allowed to add more citizenships/passports further down the road after you are hired.

• Still waiting for my DT to clear, took it on aug 27

Comment

• Been MIA from this thread for awhile, I’m at FLETC now so if anybody has any questions I’ll try my best to answer! Anybody who already has a EOD date all I have to say is don’t wait until the last second to try to get into shape. Start now!

Comment

• nhb_zoey
      nhb_zoey commented
      Editing a comment
      How bad is the fitness damn?

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pm you with some questions

• Bam2323
      Bam2323 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey! question, do you know how the holiday schedule is going to be this year during thanksgiving, xmas and new years? I'll be there in a couple of weeks and was wondering how its going to be with the holidays maybe you have some insight since youre there already... Thanks!

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam2323 you won’t work Federal holidays

• To all in this process it seems like there is no time frame except need to be patient and wait your turn. Yes it is frustrating for me too because I have reached the age limit so now it’s either meant to be or not to be. I hope all does go well I will keep you posted. To those who have completed all and are off to the academy congratulations.

Comment

• So 3 weeks after my poly, I haven’t heard from them since... and i get this email. Does that mean i won’t get contacted by a BI? and just wait for drug test?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Leon0215 its hard to say, i have seen some people that actually get to seem them, others get their dates and even go to the academy and still havent seen their investigator and their BI is pending. But if you in fact got a provisional, you are a strong candidate to clear your BI so i would worry to much.

• Leon0215
        Leon0215 commented
        Editing a comment
        that’s awesome man, i appreciate the info~ good luck in the academy

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Leon0215 Have you had a clearance before?

I ask because the wording of the message is specific. Your pending "final adjudication", which means the investigation report is completed. Unless the adjudication official requests additional information I doubt an investigator will contact you.
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 09-10-2019, 07:54 PM.

• Leon0215
        Leon0215 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dodge_Guy19-4 i’m not sure, i don’t think i did... i only worked for bureau of prisons as a CO before but that was 4 years ago and i only did that for a year, after that i became local cop til now... the only background clearance i got is thru the state... so i don’t think i got any clearance at all. but i hope you are right about that... i just wanna get called in

• I want to know if anyone will be at FLETC in October? My academy dates are 10/15/2019 to 02/27/2019. I have heard through the grapevine FLETC fitness has got a lot tougher as of March of this year. Some things I have heard is TRT is now every day and they make you run far more often and do more push ups than before. I was at FLETC in July 2018 but dropped out due to personal reasons. Going there in the summer is a bad idea. The humidity was awful, I've never sweat so much in my life. They still had us running in 90 degree weather. My main struggle is running in general. I can't run the full 1.5 miles and have to walk parts of it. With the walking I'm doing it in 18:30. I get shortness of breath is my problem.
      CBPO 19-6
      03/31/2019 - Reapplied
      Had to retake fitness test
      09/27/2019 - EOD Philadelphia
      10/15/2019 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6

03/01/2017 - Applied
      04/20/2017 - Medical
      05/18/2017 - PFT-1
      08/18/2017 - SI
      02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
      03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
      04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
      04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
      04/25/2018 - Drug Test
      04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
      05/07/2018 - The call
      05/14/2018 - BI interview
      06/22/2018 - EOD
      07/09/2018 - FLETC
      08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 thats a good score for a navy seal officer. There is no way that they would require that much for customs job. Who knows though maybe navy seals and CBPO's are doing joint missions now.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right...lol. that isn't suitable or practical for the job requirements for Cbp. I just can't see that happening at all.

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        sadie99 I am Fletc now that is 100% false I been going on 3 months and we have only ran the 1.5 miles once in TRT which was today and you only have TRT every day for last month or so and your TRT Instructor will not have you doing 100 pushups a day they only have you do the FGS Standards which is a 1.5 Miles in 15 mins 220 yard dash and 45 seconds and 24 push-ups in one minute

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jas423323 thanks for taking the time to clear that up!

• Whats going on all

My medical exam on https://careers.cbp.dhs.gov/hrm/ updated to the green check mark today - what can I expect next?

Regarding my background and drug test, they are blue and in an "in progress" state. My polygraph is grayed out and says "pending".

Thoughts?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        background and drug test will stay like that almost until the end. up next for you should be waiting for the POLY which seem to have gotten longer lately.

• Lapantoja11 so my drug test is still pending but today I missed “the call” with the final offer. Called them back and left a voice mail on the number they provided.
      Is it normal that no matter how many times you call that TSU number, nobody will ever picks up?

Comment

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i haven't received a call or nothing:/ mine is still pending i just want ti get the call now, these days have been going so slow i just cant wait anymore.

What port did they offer you.
        Last edited by Lapantoja11; 09-10-2019, 07:48 PM.

• Turffs18
        Turffs18 commented
        Editing a comment
        They won't answer the call, you have to call back. I called a bunch and they literally won't answer, you have to leave a message and they will call you the next day. Don't stress, you will get it tomorrow

• BeachGirl670
        BeachGirl670 commented
        Editing a comment
        was it an anonymous number they call you from? I missed a call from an anonymous number and I don't have voicemail set up on my phone.
        Last edited by BeachGirl670; 09-12-2019, 12:22 AM.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        BeachGirl670 no it wont be anonymous, it will be a 952 area code from Minnesota .

• Finally got the call for polygraph yesterday. It’s monday. 18-8 took one year to be scheduled. After taking polygraph how long does it take until you find out if you pass or fail. Does the examiner tell you on the spot?

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        zombiemap For me he gave me a verbal pass. The first poly was a little less than a week to receive result. I got offered a retest and again he gave me a verbal pass the second time . The second time 3 days no email or phone call just green check mark on my CASS.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        see man, told you its coming, lol 1 year mark... only 2 weeks more than me... zombiemap my examiner didn't tell me result... waited 2 days for email saying I passed...than 2 days later Cass updated... when is your poly date?

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        V_antcbp this Monday bro. I can’t believe I got a date so quick. Usually it’s a month after they call lol

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck man, you got this... zombiemap

• Deleted—-—-

Comment

• I finally got my EOD and FLETC dates (EOD Nov 18 and FLETC Dec 4)
        I got assigned to Douglas due to application being locked in to it apparently. I applied back in May of 2017. I was just wondering if anybody had any info on the day to day of the academy?
        Last edited by bvalle300935; 09-10-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• bvalle300935
          bvalle300935 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, yeah the recruiter told me that it might be between 3 to 7 years depending on where I would want to go. And I'm just looking to see if anybody knows more or less an actual timeframe.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have same exact dates, but im EWR

• BeachGirl670
          BeachGirl670 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations! I also applied back in May 2017. Just waiting for DT to clear. I took it on 09/05/19. How long did it take for you for the DT to clear? I also met with my BI earlier this week.

• bvalle300935
          bvalle300935 commented
          Editing a comment
          After i took the DT test it took me about 2 months to hear back and and about 2 weeks after that to get the call from the Training Department.

• Any class 499 or 500 hear of a new class date yet?

Comment

• Medical finally cleared!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisQuirolo View Post
            Medical finally cleared!!
            Congrats! Me as well earlier this week. Now I wait for polygraph, drug and background

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
              ChrisQuirolo commented
              Editing a comment
              My buddy from 19-7 cleared faster than I did, and is already scheduled for his poly end of this month. Obviously it is dependent on the location you choose and how fast you clear the earlier steps. And hope your file doesn't get lost under another stack of paperwork...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11453 users online. 414 members and 11039 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X