300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
    Ok, I gotcha. Never a permanent change of duty station.
    Come to think of it, there's an official port at the academy. Make it 5 states and 11 ports for me.

I can't speak for him, but I made one permanent move, and had one official TDY in there.(outside of training in Glynco)

My situation is probably atypical. Nearly every border crossing in MT, ND and northern MN is it's own port.

Edit: If he's on a CTRT(Counter-Terrorism Response Team), he may have done some moving about for that also.
    Last edited by merlin436; 12-05-2008, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Even the crackhouses are divided, from what I hear. The dorms by the G-bar share a bathroom with your neighbor. Dorms 95 and 96 have bathrooms to themsleves, but no other real improvment over the ones by the G-bar.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• fletc housing

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on the housing at fletc. Mind you i was there in summer of '07, but the taj is the way to go. Of course i didnt have a roommate which could change everything, but i'll take the luxury with the mile walk to class anyday. I didnt eat breakfast so id get up around 6:15, watch the news while getting ready and be out the door by 10 minutes to 7, which left plenty of time to get some exercise walking the mile to class. I think i would have been much more miserable with a roomie though. If he got up at a different time, or snored, or wanted something in the fridge other than beer and water, or was helping himself to my smokes while i was not in the room. I could see why some trouble would arise. Its a toss up whether id rather have the cheapo crackhouse and my own room or the taj with a roommate. But in single rooms, the taj is the winner, hands down. Its a bad situation because the rooms are plenty big enough for one guy but way too small for two. Hopefully it'll change back to single rooms if and when i ever go back.

Comment

• I'm guessing you know nothing about where you'll be housed or about a roommate until the second you check-in, correct? Be nice to know before you head down there, but I know that's not always possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
            I'm guessing you know nothing about where you'll be housed or about a roommate until the second you check-in, correct? Be nice to know before you head down there, but I know that's not always possible.
            At the welcome center at the main gate where you get your i.d., you'll get your building assignment, but wont know your room or if you have a roomie, till you get to the lodging itself.

Comment

• At what time does class begin and end at the academy? Is it 7 days a week?

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                At what time does class begin and end at the academy? Is it 7 days a week?
                Mon-Fri (or Saturday, if back to 6 days a week), never Sunday, starting at 7:30 am. On test days they ask you to be there 20 minutes early.

Comment

• Approx. how long would it take for my file to go to TSU. I just called the hotline and it says everything is complete, CASS is still not updated. GEO Preference N.J.

Comment

Approx. how long would it take for my file to go to TSU. I just called the hotline and it says everything is complete, CASS is still not updated. GEO Preference N.J.
                    Takes a few days because your file has to be reviewed before it gets sent off. Both of my apps only waited for 2 days between all things completed and then TSU, so by next week you'll probably be good to go. Remember, it's not that it takes awhile for it to happen, it's that the status line/ CASS only updates so often.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• cbp

Has anyone heard when the next cbp officer open announcement will be??

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderpatrol007 View Post
                        Has anyone heard when the next cbp officer open announcement will be??
                        My prediction is next year at the earliest. The last announcement wasn't open that long, and I think that means there was something like3 announcements this year (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, I actually only know of 3). My ballpark is late Februaray '09. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, PREDICTIONS AHOY!
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                          do you have to have your head shaved at fletc? what are the hair standards?
                          Like the military (not that strict though) or most police. No beards or goatees, reasonable sideburns and mustaches. No hair over the collar or afros, but anything within reason will not be looked down upon. As far as cbpo hiring openings, it seems they are always ones in the early part of the year (feb-may), then summer (july-august), sometimes fall (october). Usually 2-3 per year.

Comment

• regarding work, do CBPO's really stay at the airport all day? Does the authority extend the limits of their port?
                            Last edited by jflores; 12-05-2008, 02:34 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

regarding work, do CBPO's really stay at the airport all day? Does the authority extend the limits of their port?
                              Your authority is inspecting people who are applying for admittance to the united states. Unless extenuating circumstances deem otherwise, your not gonna be chasing people through and out of the airport like will smith and martin lawrence in bad boys or something! Catch the movie "the terminal" that'll give you a humorous look at the day to day goings on in an airport enviornment.

Comment

regarding work, do CBPO's really stay at the airport all day? Does the authority extend the limits of their port?
                                If you were looking for an action based job, then CBPO is not for you... You should've gone for BPA, or local PD... CBPO's are placed at POE and that's where you work all day long... be it the airport, border crossing or Seaport, that's where you'll be working... you don't go out on a patrol car, policing the neighborhood, chasing down bad guys... you are protecting the US from illegal aliens, counterfeit products, drugs, terrorist etc. from entering the country.
                                If this is not for you, I suggest you drop your TO and go look for a PD spot!
                                I'm sure other applicants are waiting in line to get a spot...
                                or
                                You could try ICE...
                                Last edited by yoda; 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11785 users online. 444 members and 11341 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X