Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have completed everything im 100% on my CASS it was a long process an 1.5 yr for me. Folks just be patient its not gonna move any faster stop worrying so much.

Comment

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! When and where are you headed?

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, DCFED I'm 16 months in and just finishing up field portion of background, probably another 6 months before I hear anything else... You had a decent fast process. Where are you stationing?

• DCFED
      DCFED commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I appreciate that and Im headed to BWI and my EOD Feb 2020

• AmandaLynne4282
      AmandaLynne4282 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just got call yesterday. I go to the academy February 2020 as well.

• Today my tracker updated to 50% just waiting for the poly
    EXAM # 1320
    LIST # 15**
    EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• Kind of wondering how the schedule goes in FLETC during the holidays? Any ideas?

Comment

• Cwmsays
        Cwmsays commented
        Editing a comment
        I was also wondering about this.

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        12/24, 12/25, 12/26 are days off. Classes resume 12/27.

• Hey guys, I Like to think im on the home stretch but have a question my Equip was released to OPR on July 18, met with BI on Aug and she sent all of my info by Aug 30. How much longer can I expect I know it varies from applicant to applicant but an estimate maybe?? Thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Anywhere from 2 to 10 months. Timelines are all over... You can still have EOD if you are granted provisional though.

• spilker13
        spilker13 commented
        Editing a comment
        It all depends. Mine took 9 months including losing time due to the shutdown

• Hey guys been following here for a while during the process and finally got my Academy date for CBPO.
      The whole process took 17 months. I accepted as a G7 and picked Newark which is where I wanted to go. Waiting in the dark for the e-mail or call from CBP was extremely agonizing. For me, medical took like a year by it self. The date for the Poly took like 3 months. Had a lot of scares for the poly for the first time, but just being honest, not hiding anything, clearing your mind, and being still as a rock helps. After meeting with the BI, took about 3 months to see it cleared on the Application Tracker. Started the Application on 4/3/2018, got the call yesterday, going for two weeks pre academy training or something at Newark two weeks prior to the academy, and going to the academy on 1/28/2020.
      A little bit about me, I served 6 years in the Army, and 4 years in Federal Service.

Good luck everyone and thanks for answering questions here during the waiting process.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations, Im going to be stationed at Newark too ( I live in North Jersey, Hudson county) my EOD date is November 18 and academy is December 4 until April 14. a little bit ahead of you, but will definitely be in flect at the same time at some point but different classes.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im on the same boat waiting for the dt to clear and the call , but congratulations happy to see they are calling more and more people

• highkin
        highkin commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the call before dt cleared.I applied for BPA and CBPO and BPA were much faster to call and seemed like they really need people. BPA called two days after dt and CBP about a week and a half. You'll get that call soon. GL.
        Yea def overlap in fletc and at Newark. GL and thanks.

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations, hopefully i get Newark when my times comes .

• So I have to ask. I'm just waiting on a poly date for both OFO and BPA. Trying to really decide which one is more of what I want to do. Chose southern border for both so location isn't going to be a factor. Any pros and cons to both you all know of that would help me out making that choice. GS7 for OFO and GL9 for BPA.

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya know one of the Supervisors at my SI mentioned the retirement difference which really caught my interest.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's all in how retirement is calculated.

OFO is under COPRA, which is Custom Officer Pay Reform Act. Essentially, it's a pay reform package from the early 90s that was designed back then to benefit the journeyman GS-09 of that day. In a nutshell, COPRA allows CBPOs to claim base pay, plus locality pay plus up to 50% of the statutory pay cap in overtime as retirement creditable. The cap goes up, the cap goes down, depending on need and year...right now the cap is at 45K...which means, at most, a CBPOs can claim 22.5K in overtime as retirement creditable. Most CBPOs do not work 22.5K in overtime in any given year. Probably, Maybe...most CBPOs have little to no access to work overtime at that level...at least not easily and consistently.

The BP operate in the BPAPRA...which is recent pay reform put into place with the current GS-12 journeyman in mind. Essentially, 95% of the BP work 25% extra hours for 25% extra overtime. All of that overtime is retirement creditable.

The "magic number" is 90K in salary...which is not all that hard to reach as a GS-12...especially in higher locality areas. BPAs in access of 90K in salary will see higher totals in creditable retirement income vs the odd CBPO who has the ability to max out with the full 50% of the 45K cap...or 22.5K.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436, you're right about border crossings.... Idk why but I tend to be airport/seaport focused. Maybe because that's what I wanted :P

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        at 31 that type of retirement sounds really nice for the extra effort you need to put into the job. I'm really leaning BPA

• Today marks one year since I had SI and still no polygraph. How do people get scheduled. I heard it’s email now and you have to call a number? Is that true. Do you think I should hear something by end of this month for poly. No med review standing at 50%

Comment

• BeachGirl670
        BeachGirl670 commented
        Editing a comment
        My polygraph was scheduled almost 2 years after my SI. They will email you. Just hang in there.

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        BeachGirl670 were you on med review or anything? Which state are you going for?

• BeachGirl670
        BeachGirl670 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, because of my anxiety history, they needed clearance from a psychologist and that took over 6 months to clear. My preferred duty location is in Saipan.

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes very soon dude. As long as medical ain’t holding you back

• Hey everybody first post. I have been a lurker for a while and finally received my EOD 11/5/2019. I was wondering if anybody else here had dates for FLETC on 11/21/2019

Comment

• BeachGirl670
        BeachGirl670 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's awesome! Congratulations! How long were you in the process? I'm just took my drug test and I'm meeting with my BI on Tuesday. Almost at the finish line!

• Cwmsays
        Cwmsays commented
        Editing a comment
        BeachGirl670 Thank you! I’ve been in the process for a year and 6 months. The wait between SI and Poly was the longest. Keep your head up you are almost there now!

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        My preacademy is 11/25/2019

• Waiting for my medical lol. I wanna get my poly over with already!

Comment

• do they send people who passed everything to the academy based on availability on slots? and how’s that work? if i get called now will i be in june 2020 or later? i have seen people who posted EOD on feb 2020 some even later, but i also just saw some posted EOD on nov 2019...

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Eod would be 2020. The person who posted for 2019 was probably given that eod like 4-5 months ago. They will not put you in right away.

• Leon0215
          Leon0215 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 got you, it’s hard to scroll thru everything but so far do u know when’s the earliest academy if ones hasn’t gotten called yet

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Academy dates are set all the way to February right now.

• does anyone know when the medical (the eye sight, ekg yada yada)...(not the pft1 push ups sit ups steps) expires?

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe med is 2 years and pft is 1.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          After the investigator submits file to opr, it can take several months to be a adjudicated. It could be two months or 7 months. All depends.

• Original Announcement:18-12 GS9
        Reapplied to Announcement: 19-6 GS-9
        Appiled: March 2019
        Fitness Exam: Completed September 2018
        Euip Sent to OPR: Completed April 2019
        Medical Exam: Completed May 2019
        Structured Interview: Completed September 2018
        Polygraph: Completed August 2019
        Background Investigation: (In Progress) just resubmitted another Equip 08/2019
        Drug Test: (In Progress)
        Final Offer: (Pending)

The Background Investigator called me Saturday to interview me this Thursday and my background should be completed this week coming up

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          more like the field portion of background will be completed in the next few weeks...investigator will come to your workplace, talk to your neighbors, references...... the entire background takes months to fully complete... Keee562

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well your background file will be completed but your background won't be. Still needs to be sent off to opr and the go through the field portion of what the investigator did. Then they will put everything together to give you adjudication.

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP I’m thinking it’s over because they interviewed my reference and supervisor from tha past. Now they doing the current stuff on sf86

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 how long does that usually take?

• Coming up on a week and a half since I took my Poly, no word back as of yet.

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
          2ndGenFed commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't experienced it yet so I can't imagine the stress of that wait.
          Good luck MrAce.

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          MrAce do you mean your results for the poly? Or to start your background? Because it’s about a week or less for the results. About a month to be first contacted by the investigator to meet after passing the poly.

• Anyone from 19-2 CBPO for JFK get emailed or called for the polygraph exam. It has been 5 months since completing my SI.

Comment

• Leon0215
          Leon0215 commented
          Editing a comment
          i’m 18-3 and i just had my poly in Aug

• Well guys got the email today that I failed the Poly... Braced myself for it so it’s whatever... I’m still young, I’m gonna apply for some other State and Local jobs. Make sure you guys are applying to multiple places for once because you wait all this time for nothing. I’ll warn ya I’ve never felt more confident, calm and hopeful after the Poly and I still failed. Thanks for all the convos guys and best of luck to you all.

18-9

Comment

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 yeah they sent an email saying I failed. No retest offered

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP It’s alright dude. Best of luck to you in the academy! Let me know how it goes!

• ontherunn
          ontherunn commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m so sorry to hear that. I’m 18-8 and I’ve been following your progress in this thread and that is truly disheartening. I’m waiting for a similar email and still applying to everything and anything i can. Seems like CBP is losing a lot of potential treat candidates due to this bogus poly. Remaining positive is so hard to do but I guess it’s call we can do. Good luck on your endeavors.

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          ontherunn I wish the best for ya man, I hope you pass dude. The process makes no sense, I braved my self for the worst but I was thinking if anything it would just be an inconclusive with a re test... let me know how you make out man

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7595 users online. 388 members and 7207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X