Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I had my structural interview Sept 5th of last year. Do you think I will be scheduled for polygraph soon? Its going to be one year.

Comment

• zombiemap
      zombiemap commented
      Editing a comment
      I am what do you guys think?

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Defiantly soon. I feel like you are an undercover poligrapher Lol

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah soon man zombiemap hang in there, I had to wait 50 weeks for my poly...

• zombiemap
      zombiemap commented
      Editing a comment
      MrAce i wish bro, so i didnt have to take it hahah and thanks V_AntCBP

• BowMan2006 yeah, hows ur process?

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      I completed my SI on July 9th. But only last week did my eqip get sent up and I am now sitting at 50%. Should be about 10 more months before I hear about the polygraph which is ok.

Last edited by headphones1225; 09-03-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Been waiting 7 months after my SI for a polygraph date. I was wondering if applying for Direct Hire will speed up my process?

Also if I apply for Direct Hire will everything transfer over? Will I have both applications on file? Or does the Direct Hire overwrite my previous application?

Do I have to retake anything? Written, PFT1 etc?
      CBPO 19-2
      @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
      Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
      Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
      SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
      EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        If you took Entrance after August 5 2018, Everything would transfer over. If not, you just need to take retake entrance, You will have both applications on Cass. In my opinion, having DH won't speed up process. SPX I have both and waited 50 weeks for poly.
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-04-2019, 10:02 AM.

• If my announcement didnt have the word Direct Hire, can j apply to the one right now thats says Direct Hire and have both application ons Cass? First picture is my original announcement
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Lapantoja11; 09-03-2019, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        if you are waiting on the call why would you? once your call comes in they will throw you those locations right away in front of everything else, if that is really what u want you accept one.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its cus i want either el paso or santa teresa so ill just wait for the call then thank you guys

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        you can get any swb location man, they will try to offer them to you first lol Lapantoja11 El Paso is badly in need of officers, someone I know just got sent there for 2 weeks because of the shortage

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP Ok cool ill just wait then thanks for your recommendations

• Anyone for JFK port that is waiting for the poly exam. Just wondering if anyone received an email or phone call to schedule. I am in my 5th month since I completed my SI. I am sitting on 50% on CASS. Any feedback is always appreciated.

Comment

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        Same exact timeline, 21 weeks, 50% NY/NJ

• gmen0587
        gmen0587 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here for jfk. I’m getting frustrated lol might move to Florida in a couple months

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        Right here bro waiting 52 weeks now. Im in the academy for firefighter but CBP is what i really want. They do weekends polygraph if you have a good enough reason. I had to contact CBP hiring to make sure

• Unfortunately, exactly what I feared would happen, happened. I did not pass my polygraph, even though I didn’t lie. I technically didn’t “fail” either. He said they “might” call me back to try again, but I’m past it now though. If i didn’t pass the first time by telling the truth then what’s the point in trying again? I’ve accepted it and I’m ready to move on. Good luck to everyone still in the process! I wish you all the best of luck!

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        ontherunn The point in trying again, is to get the job. There was someone on the forums it took two to three tries. The overall process was easy, I invested two lunch hours and half a day off from work for the SI. So if you have to try again two years from now no big deal. Just proceed with life and try again if you really want it. When you do get through you might be at a point in your life where you dont want it anyway. I hope they call you and you move forward, good luck.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        ontherunn I would HIGHLY recommend for you to go for a second time if they offered you. I got a verbal pass the first time few days later received an email to go back in to retest. I passed the second time.
        You don’t want to just quit and not really know what if I would have went the second time.

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't think anyone else have taken the poly 5 times or more beside me lol

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        I knew somebody took it 5 times , it was you eikichi10 lol. that sir is determination.

• Hi guys, do any of you know of any airports or seaports near to Army bases with Reserves or National Guard units? I'm am Active Duty Soldier (68W- Combat Medic) I plan to continue my service. I'm considering Florida or Texas. I know El Paso is one of them, but what else is available? Thank you.

Comment

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        If you go on CBP website message any of the recruiters. The seattle one responses fast try him

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Tropictac, I'd recommend the Reserves over the NG as it would allow you flexibility to go where ever CBP calls you. There were some NG guys worried about getting their current state at my SI.... I don't have that worry as the USN Reserves allows me to switch Reserve Centers as needed.

.... Just as an Officers now, I'm responsible for my own travel to/from drill weekends. So I'm racking up frequent flyer miles and rental car points. The burdens of taking command. :P

• Tropictac
        Tropictac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

• 19-2

Miami

Applied :11/29/18

Tentative Selection:12/07/18

EQIP Submitted 12/15/18

Fitness exam pass 01/02/19

Medical exam pass 12/28/18

Structure interview 01/03/19

Structure interview. pass 01/16/19

Polygraph 6-13 and 7-6 passed 7-9

Nor: 07/11/19

Background investigation : met with investigator 08/07/19–

Drug: pending ??

Final offer :?

EOD:?

How’s 19-2 doing so far ?
      Last edited by MattyjayG; 09-06-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        wow, that's fast! Are you VRA or regular?

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        MattyjayG I’m also 19-2 Miami your literally a week or two ahead of me. I met my investigator about 2 weeks ago. She’s in the process of now meeting with my references this week.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        im confused, what is that NRO dated 3-15-19? because since out of place if this is in chronological order.

• MattyjayG
        MattyjayG commented
        Editing a comment
        Turboboigti regular hire.
        David1984 I hope the background doesn’t take to long smh!
        raudy06 I fixed it idk where I got that date from lol

• I have been following this forum for awhile and I just got approved recently. It's has been more than 2 years since I have applied and finally did my drug test today. Please see timeline below.

Applied: 17-7 4/27/2017
      Entrance Exam: 05/13/2017 - issues at the testing site/ Rescheduled: 06/12/2017
      NOR: passed 6/13/2017
      Reapplied: 17-8 due to change of preferred location
      EQIP Submitted to OPR: 09/22/2017
      Medical exam: 08/03/2017 - cleared 03/01/2018
      Fitness exam: 08/03/2017 - passed
      Structured Interview: 10/27/2017
      SI NOR: 11/3/2017
      Polygraph: 08/06/2019 (yes, it's been almost 2 years since the SI) 08/08/2019 - Passed
      EQIP Resubmitted: 08/20/2019
      Drug Test: 09/05/2019 - pending results
      Background: pending - haven't met with my BI yet

As you can see, I have been in the process for more than two years and I am finally seeing movement. I am wondering if there's anyone in the same boat as me. After not hearing from them for almost 2 years, I have forgotten about the job until I got an email to schedule my polygraph. All I can say is hang in there and don't give up. Patience is key!

Comment

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        BeachGirl670 wow I thought I had a long wait my announcement is 17-10 (location negotiable), but I see that your wait has been even longer I have some reasons for mines being delayed a bit like issues with eqip, polygraph I had to take 3 times, and issues with my selective service. But like you said patience is key and just have to stick it out I'm waiting on BI to clear now been in the process little over a year and a half now. So like you said just gotta hang in there
        Last edited by fort1978; 09-05-2019, 03:31 AM.

• 18-8,
      Yesterday 9-4, investigator came by my workplace, talked to boss and a coworker. I think everything looked good so far. Everything was done in less than 30 mins.
      He hasn't called my references nor talked to my neighbor yet, he said he would, hopefully he gets that done soon and submit my background. I swear either he told me or I read somewhere that investigators have 1 month from the day the received the case to submit the field portion to OPR for review. Fingers crossed....

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        My last review I asked the BI what the time frame was and was told she had 60 days from receipt of assignment to her report due in the system. Of course if there are delays a memorandum can be submitted extend for justifiable cause. That was also a couple years ago.

That said 30 days could be the current standard based on the near 500,000 case backlog and the push to get back on schedule.

• What is the meeting with the background investigator like ?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        my interview was 2.5 hrs. went over SF86 line by line. Confirming info and details, they already ran the background so they knew about me, they had a list of questions they were wondering... they wanted me to explain why? what happened? they went over credit, old addresses, why I was late payment few times 11 years ago, they went over my travel logs, where, when, how long, who paid for it, if anything happened, stuff like that... in the end, anything I wanted to correct or update, I would tell them... pretty easy interview. jjsince97

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dodge_Guy19-4 any insight on exactly what the "basic scripted questions are?" never went through background investigation. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        BowMan2006
        Pretty much verbatim the same questions from your SF86. They go into employment history and conduct, relationship history marriage/divorce and why, family, academic history and performance, foreign travel, any on going relationships business or personal with foreign nationals, drug or alcohol use, financial history, military service or misconduct and discharge type, nefarious computer activities or hacking etc.., association with terrorists or criminal organizations, anything embarrassing or blackmail worthy or anything else that could shed doubt on your integrity and trustworthiness to the US Govt.

They should not ever ask anything about religious beliefs, political stuff, sexual orientation or preferences, lawful sexual conduct.. example things that are normal between two consenting adults. That thing yiu did with the rival schools mascot, on a bet when you were drunk, they can and still will ask about that.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dodge_Guy19-4 Thank you, that is pretty easy then. Nothing crazy in my background, I guess I didnt live enough when I was younger.

• Does anybody here have an EOD date of Nov 25th/ Fletc at Dec. 13th?

Comment

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-4 Original application Our EOD dates are still intact why would you move everyones training date for a class that got canceled??? Unfortunately for that class that got canceled they will slot them for the next available date which im guessing is after the last recent EOD/ Fletc dates.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        JimmyW777, everyone that was classed for the cancelled class already have EOD... pre-academy is set for 2 - 4 weeks. Makes no sense to have someone sitting at a port for 6 - 8 weeks, and only able to shuffle papers at best. Depending the scheduled depth for classes, they can either convene two classes on the same schedule or shift a couple classes with distribution of students to maximum allowed body counts until the timeline normalizes.

There are a lot of moving parts, pre-planned, in the process. Much like we dealt with in the Military Training pipeline for new accessions. A missed course convening date can cause a ripple through a system that already has a set flow pattern. I was confirmed in August for a Nov EOD/Dec Academy. So I'd wager their planning 3 - 4 months in advance. EOD is based on pay periods, 1st -14th and 15th - 30th, so as to have someone EOD at the beginning of a new pay period. If they convene a class a week, you're looking at 12 - 16 classes already planned and scheduled. Lots of variables :P

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Talonderiel I am going off of what people have said in the past. Their classes got cancelled because of a past hurricane event and they had to be at their home ports(preacademy) for 8-10 weeks till they got their schedule for a new fletc date. Let me know if they go your route. Because you seem to have it all figured out.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        JimmyW777, the only thing I have figured out is the name I was given by who I think are my parents, the sole entity to whom I pray and that to tie a good shoe-lace..... well, I'm still trying to figure that one out! :P

Everything else is speculation, wonder and a lot of sarcasm!

Have a blessed day!

• 19-1 Reg Hire

It's almost comical how excited I got when I saw change on my tracker.

I'm still at 38% but the color for Medical Exam changed from blue to red.

And not to brag, but it now shows "Follow Up" instead of "Pending".

CBP screenshot.jpg

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        2ndGenFed yea it changes when there waiting for the additional medical paperwork gets reviewed. Same thing happens to me.

• 2ndGenFed
        2ndGenFed commented
        Editing a comment
        David1984 - I hear you. I was just poking fun on how the smallest change is so exciting in our marathon. It's a nice reminder how small progress is still progress.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        2ndGenFed hopefully once it passes they give you time waited from when you cleared your SI and not from when you hit 50%. I am so glad my medical cleared in 2 business days these are some crazy wait horror stories.

• 2ndGenFed
        2ndGenFed commented
        Editing a comment
        BowMan2006 - I'm really hoping for that. But of course, there's just no way of knowing.

• 2ndGenFed well aleast you something lol. Thats a start. Unfortunately mine is still pending. Hopefully soon i get something

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
        2ndGenFed commented
        Editing a comment
        flyingdolphin They contacted me 04/19 for updated vision assessment and then I got Lasik done 07/19 because my medical never cleared. So yeah, not going to lie, I got really excited on the small change. I have to contact them again next month after the 90 days with new paper work and then hopefully it'll go green. How long has yours been pending?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4934 users online. 207 members and 4727 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X