Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, Announcement 19-13 here.
    Applied: 12/26/2018
    NOR: 3/23/2019
    Medical: 3/01/2919 completed✔️
    Fitness: 3/13/19 completed✔️
    Structure interview: 3/13/19 completed✔️
    Polygraph: 5/11/2019 completed ✔️
    Met with Background investigator: 5/28 ✔️
    BI told me he submitted my BI 6/10✔️
    Background investigation: Pending
    Drug test: Pending
    Final offer: Pending

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you VRA?

• Fog682
      Fog682 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. Just regular direct hire.

• dalan
      dalan commented
      Editing a comment
      What was your original announcement?

• Fog682
      Fog682 commented
      Editing a comment
      My bad my announcement number is ***19-3

• V_AntCBP thanks dude. Was a little surprised. Just prepping for my fitness on tuesday. Then the waiting game lol

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dont take the step test lightly. I am a power lifting type of guy so I am semi fit and when I did it for the first time 3 mins was my max. I needed close to a month for prep, because I do zero cardio. With a month prep though I was talking to the girl and doing it without an issue. Had I not prepped I would of bombed, even with squatting three times a week the step test set my knees on fire. Good luck I hope you pass and to see you at the academy.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I used my bathtub to practice. Its a 16" step basically. It helped me pass both the OFO and BPA step test. If you can even get to the 3 min mark on the tub you will make it through the BPA one. Hell even now that I passed them I still wanna keep doing it because it's such a good workout for my breathing lol

• 18-9s and 18-9s, post your updates here!

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...plicants/page2

Comment

• BowMan2006 thanks man will try my best! Ill send an update come tuesday!

Comment

• 18-8,
        Investigator finally made contact with boss, will come in Sept 4th to meet with boss and a co worker. Shouldn't have any problem since I've never had a write up and major issues at work during my 14 years there. I was afraid of holiday, hurricane Dorian and boss leaving for 2 weeks on military duties soon gonna delay this meeting. Hopefully they could surely meet and get this over with.

Comment

• Lapantoja11
          Lapantoja11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great news!!! Hopefully it moves faster once they meet.

• Hello guys 17-10 here waiting for background to clear. Looking to get a question answered that I think will benefit not just me but everyone one here, but probably only someone who is in already can answer. The question is when do medical benefits start, and how much does it cost?

Comment

• Waiting for the result of my Poly from this past week, a little nervous but honestly feel a lot better then the past year waiting for the Poly. Honestly think the wait was more mentally straining.

Comment

• zombiemap
          zombiemap commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you take it bro? And which state?

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          Delete.......

• Hou33guy what email did you send that u said to get the poly

Comment

• Cant wait for my DT to clear and get the call!!! These days have been going so slow!!!

Comment

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            spilker13 Lapantoja11 how long did it take you background to clear? Thanks

• spilker13
            spilker13 commented
            Editing a comment
            David1984 mine took 9 months but I also lost almost 2 months during the government shutdown as mine was turned in right before.

• Lapantoja11
            Lapantoja11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine was 4-5 months

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            spilker13 Lapantoja11 I see because I met with my investigator about 2 weeks ago. And havent heard anything yet. They still have not contacted any of my references. I guess I still have a long way to go with my background. Thank you
            Last edited by David1984; 09-02-2019, 10:07 PM.

• Notification from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers

This email is to inform you that the Customs and Border Protection Officer Basic Training - G_CBP_OBT-1933 class, September 03, 2019 - January 17, 2020, has been cancelled due to extreme weather at the FLETC Glynco and Charleston sites.

If you are with a partnering agency, please contact your agency representative for future training opportunities. If you are not with a partnering agency, you may contact [email protected]for future offerings.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to you training with us in the future.

FLETC Admissions

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Enjoy your extra stay in pre-academy.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            So are they going to reschedule you or do you have to reapply?

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            So do you stay for pre academy until they reschedule?

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Krash777, I'm guessing they'll keep you on Pre-Academy status and possible more shadowing until you can class up. Let us know how they handle it, as I'm sure every class after yours will run into issues too now.

I start in Dec 02, so hopefully they are caught up by then :P

• Hal29 I already EOD’d so we just wait around until rescheduled.

Comment

• I’m 20 years old in college in my last semester to get my associates degree can I apply for the CBP officer position now or I need to have a bachelors degree? I don’t have much work experience so there’s that any help would be appreciated

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP Thanks for that I didn’t knew that was possible! That’s sounds like a good idea thanks for that insight I will do that

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Huh. I don't have a bachelor's and I qualified for gs-7.

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Hal29 because you have years of working experience and I lack that so I have to finish college in my case

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Border Patrol minimum is a year of qualifying work experience.

If a person timed it right one could apply for the BP, do much of their hiring process, then, as soon as one can qualify for OFO, open that application and transfer nearly everything from the BP over into the CBPO application.

• Hal29 indeed

Comment

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hopefully your not far from home. That would be a serious expense.

• Are CBP Officers issued creds gun and shield upon graduation or during the academy?

Comment

• ES90
              ES90 commented
              Editing a comment
              You receive your firearm, badge and creds upon completion of your background and successful graduation from CBPOBT.

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              ES90, for those of us unfamiliar with the training pipeline... can you lay out the pipeline from EOD to CBPOBT ? Thanx!

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Technically, one could say a person "gets their gun" during the academy....since you train on the gun you are issued. You really won't take possession of it in any real sense, outside of firearms training, until graduation.

• My One year mark is coming up since i had my SI this friday. Hopefully polygraph comes soon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6773 users online. 351 members and 6422 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X