Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any last minute tips for the Poly besides “Tell the truth”?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Follow instructions CLOSELY.

• spilker13
      spilker13 commented
      Editing a comment
      follow instructions and don't move...you do that and you should be fine

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have not taken yet but go in with the mind set that if you do not pass unless you are 39 or so, you have more chances. Approach it with this will not make or break my life. It is a job you want but, it is just a job at the end of the day.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I concur with BowMan2006. That was my mindset after my 2nd poly.

• 18-4 and CASS finally changed to 75% with background check being complete today. I know I have seen similar posts but how long until you get a call for drug test? 1.5 years at this point so glad I might be nearing the end.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, you should be done with everything in the next couple weeks. Awesome spilker13

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      My BI cleared on Friday and got the call for drug test on Monday

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats man, should bee soon , a few days no more than a week.

• Hi fellas, I finally get the chance to post my timeline. I honestly was expecting to have a more detailed sequence of events and be able to assist others with their process as well. All of you are awesome with your posts! Its amazing the wealth of information one can find in forums like this. Hope this can be useful...
    Applied ------------------------------------- 6/23/18
    NOR ---------------------------------------- 8/11/18
    Medical &Fitness ------------------------- 9/12/18
    SI --------------------------------------------- 9/24/18
    Submitted Eqip----------------------------- 9/25/18
    Polygraph 1 ---------------------------------- 5/22/19 Inconclusive
    Polygraph 2 ----------------------------------- 6/11/19
    Results in Cass ***Passed*** ------------ 6/14/19
    Eqip Recertify -------------------------------- 7/30/19
    Contacted by Investigator ----------------- 8/28/19
    Bi--------------- Pending
    Drug Test----- Pending
    Final Offer---- Pending
    Today I received a call from the Investigator to meet at a Gov Building (Courts, libraries etc) cant wait! I will keep you guys updated. By the way, I selected San Francisco CA. Back in 2015 I was also in the process but only got to the Polygraph, got tested twice and both Inconclusive. Good luck to all !!!!!!

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great, congrats on advancing this time around. If you really want it , you keep on trying.

• By the way, I was recently promoted at my job about a month ago and was transferred to another location. My previous supervisor knew about my application with CBP but my current doesn't. I wont disclose anything until my sup is contacted and I can always explain. Lets get real guys, we are all in this for career advancement and I bet you that if they could they would too ;-) I will handle the awkwardness as professionally as possible and will continue to perform at my best!

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      I plan on explaining to my current supervisor once I have a meeting with my background investigator. You are not doing anything wrong nor should you feel awkward about explaining it on your own terms. I just want to give my supervisor a heads up as a courtesy and because she is the one providing the investigator with information. My supervisor likes me as a worker and would give me a good review, I just dont want to tip the boat. But until you pass the poly which for the east coast is a year to get scheduled you have a lot of time.

• So I have a question I recently lost my job, I didn't get fired because I'm not an employee I'm self Employed, I'm a shopper and they closed my account unfairly, so should I report this to my case manager or update my EQUIP ? This was after my application, also would this disqualify me ??

Comment

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anyone have any info on this ?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes to reporting it.

No to it being disqualifying...on the face of it and in and of itself.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Report it and let them decide, even if you did get fired people make mistakes. Rule for me is if I am on the border about listing something, I list it. I have a written warning in regards to tardiness in the last seven years. People make mistakes, I will probably have to write how I improved etc. The biggest thing is to be honest about everything. Just think what is easier to prove to them, improved job history or that you are no longer a liar(good luck proving that). Key fyi, they will continue to do random background checks on people from what my friend said who works as a cbpo. I would rather not get into an amazing career 5 years in and be let go over not listing something.

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the input, I sent an email to let them know that my employment status changed and if I need it to update my Equip, she said to wait to meet my investigator and at that point I'll have a chance to make changes.

• what is the latest polygraph time do they give out? anyone know?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      They do one a day most of the time, start in morning, some cases they do on weekends but never heard evening, poly takes too long.. them poly examiners they are making 100K plus a year, they don't want and don't need OT... zombiemap if they schedule you, try your very best to be there man,

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with V_AntCBP try your best to be there, it takes long enough to get scheduled, so you dont wanna miss it or possibly wait longer for a re-scheduled Poly.

• zombiemap
      zombiemap commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP they really do weekend polygraphs?? When they scheduled yours did they let you pick a weekend?
      Last edited by zombiemap; 08-29-2019, 07:37 PM.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      zombiemap occasionally they do schedule weekends but you gotta have a very good reason for it. Just talk to your examiner. He, she will work with you. But I wouldn't advice you keep changing or canceling on them, **** them off you would have unpleasant poly time man, the way I look at, if you are nice to them, in most cases they will be nice to you

• Deleted post
    Last edited by McCoolCloud; 08-30-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Anyone know what the chances of getting Idaho are? I seen someone on here select idaho.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        If northern New England is your cup of tea then along with Maine the NEK of Vermont is usually available as well.

If Montana is on your radar you could always put your current application on hold...assuming that the folks in hiring won't offer it to you under your current announcement. It's a matter of playing the waiting game until Montana is an offering. You seem to desire locations that typically bleed people. Lucky you.

Northern Minnesota might also fit your bill. Lots of trees, deer, lakes and fishing.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I lived in New England for 30 years, I left for a reason. There are a lot of things I love about new England but there are things I hate about it. The bad out ways the good. I don't like how the state's are ran, cost of living and to many restrictions. We are set on the north west or Midwest. Probably Montana or the Dakota's. Gonna try Montana first, the Dakota's. I love wide open space, low population and live remotely. I'm the kind of guy who likes to drink coffee on my porch and see mountains or take our horses out for a stroll to the river. That's just me.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm regular announcement 19-8. The Dakota's were offered. Didn't see Montana. But it won't hurt to ask if/ and when the time comes.

• CAL0231
        CAL0231 commented
        Editing a comment
        Look into Eastport ID. I've seen it listed in a few recent announcements. I grew up there, it's an outdoorsman's dream and fairly sought after. The port is about 30 miles from the nearest population center of ~3,000. Hunting, fishing, snow sports, mountains, etc.

• Has anyone received the call lately? Im pending my drug test to clear and the call!

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        i got it at the begging of the month, my DT took ten days to clear and the call 5 days after that. some people get the call without clearing DT first or without having taken the DT at all, weird right? but just be a lil bit more patient ( I know we waited long engouh lol) but the end is so near for you , you can probably taste it lol.

• DMC1988
        DMC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. I received the call two days after drug test, that was last week.

Today my drug test cleared.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Guess im going to have to wait till next week

• So today i passed my PFT for BPA. Can't wait for the update in CASS, and the next step. So far here's my timeline for both OFO and BPA.

OFO

Applied 19-9 6/22/19

Entrance Exam 6/27/19

Notice of Results 6/28/19

Eqip Submitted 7/09/19
      (Released to OPR 8/02/19)

Structured Interview 7/16/19
      (Passed SI)

Took Medical 7/18/19
      (Passed Med)

Took PFT 7/26/19
      (Passed PFT)

BPA

Applied 19-10 7/24/19

Structured Interview 8/13/19
      (Passed SI)

Eqip submitted to OPR from OFO application

Medical Cleared from OFO application

Took PFT 8/29/19
      (Passed PFT)

Now the fun waiting game for the BI and Poly.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats TsFost I failed bpa fitness 4 weeks ago, they give me another shot in few weeks, I'm OK not so fit so the fitness is little hard for me. Lol.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel ya V_AntCBP . I'm currently at 290 lbs so the step test was sucky. I've been practicing it with my bath tub since the tub has a 16" side. I recommend trying that out over the next few weeks if you want the 14" one to not feel as bad. It let me power through.

• Updated to 25% in tracker, got a follow-up for some silly medical though which is taking some time. Not expecting things to move quickly after that though

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got one for asymmetrical hearing loss. Got the needed paperwork Friday morning submitted it at 9:15am and the following Tuesday I had a check mark. Some people on here have horror stories for how long it takes though like 6 weeks to 6 months. Hopefully yours is a quick turn around time good luck!

• merlin436 so when you say they bleed people, are you referring to the fact that it is hard to get people in those locations?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        That and also the fact that it's hard to keep people in many of those locations once they have filled slots in many ports...for a whole host of different reasons.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I was looking at eastport if Montana doesn't work out. Seems nice. Cal, what's the cost of living like over there?

• Has anyone had a “Post Polly Interrogation” with the examiner claiming you failed and just admit to what’s bothering you so he can “give you another shot”?

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
        ChrisQuirolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I did in 2013 when I was in the BPA process... Very intimidating experience. No matter what they say or promise, you admitting something at this stage will 100% disqualify you.

• Anyone waiting on a Poly in San Diego, CA? I know a guy who had his there 2 weeks after his SI. This was in June. Regular announcement.
      Last edited by McCoolCloud; 08-30-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Wendygx
        Wendygx commented
        Editing a comment
        I had mine about 3 weeks after passing my SI in San Diego as well.

• Hello everyone, this is my journey so far.

8/12/19: Applied GS-9 19-11 both regular and Direct Hire
      (seems like direct hire is moving forward faster)
      8/19/19: Tentative offer accepted
      8/20/19: EQIP started
      8/21/19 EQIP submitted
      8/22/19 EQIP submitted to OPR
      8/23/19 Went to get Medical
      8/29/19 SI and fingerprints
      9/3/19 Schedule fitness (Had it earlier wanted time to prepare)
      Polygraph: Pending
      BI: In progress

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man, you are flying thru, flyingdolphin They streamlined the process so much now. Last year, I had to do all of those in 3 months. I hope they will fix the poly and background process next....

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP right? i had to do medical, fitness and SI all a month apart from each other back in 2018.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        my original application is 19-3. just re applied 19-11 for dh and regular annoucement for sfo. my entrance exam score just got transferred over today. hopefully we can fly through the poly really quick.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10787 users online. 369 members and 10418 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X