Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

Post has been deleted.
    Last edited by DMC1988; 08-27-2019, 11:35 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. He said not me. I think what he was saying is it is better than just being unsuitable. I gives me a chance to explain what they have concerns with. He had one before he got hired. I just put what he said. I know how Serious it is and im going to prove and explain myself.
  • dalan
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2019

How are my 19-6 applicants doing? Where you at in the process.

Comment

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      19-6 here, NY/NJ 50%, waiting 5 months since SI for poly.

• dalan
      dalan commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the exact same timeline!

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      19-7 NY/NJ 50% 2 months since SI. Patiently waiting

• Sspence861
      Sspence861 commented
      Editing a comment
      19-6 Awating Poly, Applied for Blaine,Wa currently
      Living in Key West
  • eikichi10
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2014

Just took the drug test today. How many days should I expect to wait until I get that call? 18-3 VRA for JFK here

Comment

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im about to do the test as well we should be getting the call on friday

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      my drug test took 10 days to clear and call came a week after that.
  • ontherunn
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

18-8 JFK, poly finally scheduled after 1 year and 6 days. Wish me luck fellas

Comment

• ontherunn
      ontherunn commented
      Editing a comment
      Got e-mailed a phone number to call to schedule. Then after scheduling another e-mail to confirm.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck, I hope its quick and you pass.

• zombiemap
      zombiemap commented
      Editing a comment
      What day is your poly??

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      See, told you bro, ontherunn 1 year mark and you should get scheduled, now get ready for poly and good luck
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-28-2019, 04:47 AM.
  • Albax0385
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2019

Got a verbal pass for my SI and also did my fingerprints yay ! The guy told me the same thing about 6 months for poly for JFK so joining the waiting party !

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats I’m 19-7 JFK 2 months since SI . 50%
  • Staerr
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2019

I haven’t had a chance to catch up on messages yet but just had an update I wanted to share lol. I just got notified my e-quip got submitted to OPR. Good news! So this means they’re going to start on the background investigation? I haven’t told my current employer yet :/

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you did not complete your poly even if its passed, I don't think they would waste resources incase you dont pass the poly. Until I meet with my background investigator I am not mentioning it to my boss. I dont care what people say on here about telling your boss asap. If I dont pass the poly and let my boss know, I will be passed over for promotions for sure. Try not to sweat the small stuff in life, even if your BI talks to your boss before you do, who cares lol. At worst itll be awkward for a day or so.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      they will do light work on it but the real field portion with your background investigator wont start until after you have passed your poly so BowMan2006 is right. I told my employer right after my poly ( i got a verbal pass on the spot and later a call confirming 3 days after). i dont know where you are at in the process but even after your EQIP has been submitted, if there is too much time in between from the original release up to when you finally pass your poly , they will kick it back out to you for updates prior to the field portion of BI.

• Staerr
      Staerr commented
      Editing a comment
      BowMan2006 Ooh okay, thanks! Yeah I didn’t want to bring anything up until things were more clear.
      raudy06 Ahh, thanks! Assumed this meant they started working on it immediately but see this also takes some time! Fun, thanks!
  • V_AntCBP
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

Staerr don't tell your boss until investigator tells you to do so and ready to meet your boss. You still have a long time to go. Pass poly, meet with investigator then think about employer.

Comment

• Rubicon
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2019

Haven't seen any others with my demographics, so maybe this'll help someone else...

19-9 for Philadelphia (live in the region, selected DC as polygraph location vs Newark)
    6/1/19 Applied
    6/18 entrance exam
    6/21 exam graded- pass.
    6/27 referred for GS7.
    7/2 e-QIP filed
    7/10 Medical exam
    7/16 PFT
    7/23 SI
    7/25 SI results- pass
    8/20 Medical follow up notice.
    8/21 Medical records submitted.
    8/26 Records acknowledged.

Comment

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      3/18/2020 verbal pass after followup polygraph

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      3/23/2020 official pass and instructions to re-certify e-QIP.

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      4/8/2020 Contacted by investigator to schedule interview.

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      5/28/2020 Followup today from investigator due to date mismatch from a former employer. Wait resumes...
  • britt93
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2019

Hello everyone! I’m announcement 19-7. Just curious if anyone here has recently had a poly scheduled in the south Texas region? I see a lot of jfk post indicating about a year wait. I’m just wondering if that timeline is similar for South Texas as well. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• britt93
      britt93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it! Thank you all!

• cam04
      cam04 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had my SI in December, Laredo and took my poly in May, San Antonio

• britt93
      britt93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! That’s not bad! I know when I completed my SI in June, they said 6 weeks. But I had already been watching the forum, so I knew the wait time would be much longer.

• gmen0587
      gmen0587 commented
      Editing a comment
      Vant did u apply for Florida or elsewhere?
  • V_AntCBP
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

18-8,
    So after telling my boss about background investigator wants to meet him and I'm in CBP hiring process, my boss did my mid year performance yesterday, I got a good score but lost my chance of getting a raise and promotion. He said since I'm looking for employment somewhere else, its best to give the chance to somebody else who would stay.
    ( damn, I hope I get this CBPO job because I'm sure given up so much time, effort, and opportunities for it. No regrets though, just gonna **** off if I don't get this job.
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-28-2019, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP thats the right timing because they will come anyway so at least you let them know whats going to happen when BI comes in.

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that what happens? They come to your job to meet your boss? Does that happen to everyone ?

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      @lx360xl yup, your current manager and one current co-worker, and also all past employers same thing.

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      They talk to EVERYONE! Bosses, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers.
  • fonzi7979
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2019

@ all applicants I am glad to see some movement again with poly exam. I hope to receive the email soon as well. Good Luck to all in this long process.

Comment

• MrAce
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

Any last minute tips for the Poly besides “Tell the truth”?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Follow instructions CLOSELY.

• spilker13
        spilker13 commented
        Editing a comment
        follow instructions and don't move...you do that and you should be fine

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have not taken yet but go in with the mind set that if you do not pass unless you are 39 or so, you have more chances. Approach it with this will not make or break my life. It is a job you want but, it is just a job at the end of the day.

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        I concur with BowMan2006. That was my mindset after my 2nd poly.
    • spilker13
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2019

18-4 and CASS finally changed to 75% with background check being complete today. I know I have seen similar posts but how long until you get a call for drug test? 1.5 years at this point so glad I might be nearing the end.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man, you should be done with everything in the next couple weeks. Awesome spilker13

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        My BI cleared on Friday and got the call for drug test on Monday

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats man, should bee soon , a few days no more than a week.
    • sory_ann
      Forum Member
      • May 2015

Hi fellas, I finally get the chance to post my timeline. I honestly was expecting to have a more detailed sequence of events and be able to assist others with their process as well. All of you are awesome with your posts! Its amazing the wealth of information one can find in forums like this. Hope this can be useful...
      Applied ------------------------------------- 6/23/18
      NOR ---------------------------------------- 8/11/18
      Medical &Fitness ------------------------- 9/12/18
      SI --------------------------------------------- 9/24/18
      Submitted Eqip----------------------------- 9/25/18
      Polygraph 1 ---------------------------------- 5/22/19 Inconclusive
      Polygraph 2 ----------------------------------- 6/11/19
      Results in Cass ***Passed*** ------------ 6/14/19
      Eqip Recertify -------------------------------- 7/30/19
      Contacted by Investigator ----------------- 8/28/19
      Bi--------------- Pending
      Drug Test----- Pending
      Final Offer---- Pending
      Today I received a call from the Investigator to meet at a Gov Building (Courts, libraries etc) cant wait! I will keep you guys updated. By the way, I selected San Francisco CA. Back in 2015 I was also in the process but only got to the Polygraph, got tested twice and both Inconclusive. Good luck to all !!!!!!

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's great, congrats on advancing this time around. If you really want it , you keep on trying.
    • sory_ann
      Forum Member
      • May 2015

By the way, I was recently promoted at my job about a month ago and was transferred to another location. My previous supervisor knew about my application with CBP but my current doesn't. I wont disclose anything until my sup is contacted and I can always explain. Lets get real guys, we are all in this for career advancement and I bet you that if they could they would too ;-) I will handle the awkwardness as professionally as possible and will continue to perform at my best!

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        I plan on explaining to my current supervisor once I have a meeting with my background investigator. You are not doing anything wrong nor should you feel awkward about explaining it on your own terms. I just want to give my supervisor a heads up as a courtesy and because she is the one providing the investigator with information. My supervisor likes me as a worker and would give me a good review, I just dont want to tip the boat. But until you pass the poly which for the east coast is a year to get scheduled you have a lot of time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12111 users online. 76 members and 12035 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...