• Original Announcement:18-12 GS9
    Reapplied to Announcement: 19-6 GS-9
    Appiled: March 2019
    Fitness Exam: Completed September 2018
    Euip Sent to OPR: Completed April 2019
    Medical Exam: Completed May 2019
    Structured Interview: Completed September 2018
    Polygraph: Completed August 2019
    Background Investigation: (In Progress) just resubmitted another Equip 08/2019
    Drug Test: (In Progress)
    Final Offer: (Pending)

Comment

• How long has everyone been waiting for their polygraph now

Comment

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to wait a year from the date I applied

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        18-8, I had to wait 50 weeks from SI for poly

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        19-6
        Today is 5 months since SI
        Last edited by Turboboigti; 08-26-2019, 08:39 AM.

• bigal.
        bigal. commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone,

I applied for 19-5 JFK and have already completed my poly about two months ago.

• Passed PFT 1 yay! SI on Tuesday any advice appreciated, also one question if I start a new Job should I notify my case manager to update my equip or do I just let my investigator know when the time comes ??

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
        BenGrynsztajn commented
        Editing a comment
        From my understanding once the BI/Poly start they give you a chance to update your Eqip depending how much time hasn’t passed from the original submission to when that time comes. You can also update it if they ask you for any corrections

• Albax0385
        Albax0385 commented
        Editing a comment
        BenGrynsztajn it was sent to OPR on the 6th less than a month

• BenGrynsztajn
        BenGrynsztajn commented
        Editing a comment
        Albax0385 you’ve got plenty of time before you hear anything about BI/Poly

• Any recent VRA applicants make it to the end? What's the overall timeline looking like? Something tells me the VRA being "streamlined" and "These options could potentially allow you to complete the hiring process in approximately 90 days" is a bit optimistic lol. Applied a year out like suggested, now I feel like I'm going to go have to find a job in a few months to pay the bills while I wait.

19-4 VRA GS-9

Eqip with OPR as of March
      Medical clear
      SI pass
      PFT reciprocity
      Poly waived
      BI "In Progress"
      Drug "In Progress"

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        showtime15 I have SCI current as well, did they pull a credit check on you? I've been waiting to at least see that as a sign something is happening but no luck. My medical cleared quick with no issue. As for contacting the case manager, the only thing they are willing to say is the same blurb from the app.

"While your case is in process with OPR, your status in CASS (https://apps.cbp.gov/cass/) will not change. You will only see a change once a final suitability decision is reached. Your BI case manager does not have specific information on the status of your case until your case is completed by OPR."

Seems like every answer I ever see from them is a generic cut/paste

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dodge_Guy19-4 Nope, no credit check at least that I’ve seen on my report, but I’ve heard that depending on the agency you won’t ever see that. I didn’t have any type of indication - one day the background was just green in the app. Obviously they granted some sort of reciprocity - which is good, the alphabet agencies should be doing that already. You may experience the same thing. I’d bet that you will. My med cleared in the first week of June and my BI cleared the last week of July.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        They pulled my credit report even though I had it frozen on all 3 biggest credit bureaus. They used a company with weird name, probably a gov contractor, but they knew everything about me (credit, financial wise)... When I met investigator, he told me, he pulled my credit couple weeks back. I was like wtf...

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah they will use a contracted agency to pull the report. However, sometimes those are soft hits and unless you get a no kidding consumer report - it won’t always show up on places like credit karma etc.

• What should I wear to my Poly? I will be going clean shaven with a tight haircut of course, but as far as cloths what should I wear? It says to dress comfortably but business casual.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I dressed business casual. Dress pants, dress shoes, Dr shirt with no tie. You will be there a while. Dress comfortable but look good.

• Sorry in advance for my whining, but August 21st offically marked 1 year since my SI, and still tumbleweeds in regards to the poly. I know i'm not entitled to this job, but at this point this is just beyond frustrating and this whole process seems like more of a chore than an exciting oppurtunity. I'd love to just "apply and forget", but that really isnt an option when you have to constantly monitor your phone for calls or emails. The best part is Waiting 1+ year to take an test that people who tell the truth still fail.

Comment

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        You sound like me about a week ago Lol, I just got a call for a Polly last week. Almost exactly a year since my SI. It will come... is your medical all set?

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        Looked at your profile. I’m from the New York metro too, I’m sure they’ll get down the list to you soon man. Hang in there

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I know a couple 18-8, 18-9 just got scheduled man, hang in there, takes about 1 year to get schedule for poly... your turn is coming soon. ontherunn

• ontherunn
        ontherunn commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been at 50% since the day after my SI. First half of the process FLEW by. I even did my medical and fitness test in the same afternoon.

• Back in June I received an offer on a provisional. Just noticed my CASS is now at 100%. EOD 10/28, BWI.

Comment

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Did they offer you any ports in Georgia ? Swsports22

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What is BWI?

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Airport in Baltimore.

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        @MattCBP: no, nothing in GA. You might have a shot for that if you went the vra route.

• Anyone from 19-2 CBPO for JFK. Wondering if anyone has been scheduled for the polygraph exam. I been waiting since April once completing SI and we were informed that it should be anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks out to be scheduled.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        All of us received the same paper for JFK and EWR just throw that out the window. If you email the email they provided on the same form they basically tell you to kick rocks.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got that paper that said 10 to 16 weeks too, but the guy in the office said figure 6 months plus. I am going to not even look at the cass until next year when the 5 to 6 month mark hits. Spend my time like I never will get the job.

• bigal.
        bigal. commented
        Editing a comment
        Fonzi

I am 19-5 and did my poly about two months ago

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        bigal. case and point that there is no rhyme or reason as to how they do things. My additional med paper work took two days to clear and others it took months. I hope the poly comes quick for me.

• Announcement CBPO 19-7 GS5
      Applied 4/20/19
      Tentative Offer: 5/06/2019
      Medical Exam: 5/09/2019 - Pass
      Fitness Exam: 5/10/2019 – Pass
      Structured Interview: 5/15/2019 – Pass
      EQIP Submitted to OPR – 5/30/2019
      Polygraph: Pending
      Drug: Pending
      Final Offer: Pending

Comment

• fonzi7979 that's what the flyer said, 12 16 weeks, I had same flyer, lol. I waited 50 weeks, now unless you are a special case (Vra, fast track), expect around a year for poly.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP thanks for the heads up I guess it’s going to be a long wait from here out.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          unfortunately, waiting on poly suck brother fonzi7979 i know few people all got scheduled around a year mark. But you never know, you might get lucky... all you can do is hoping... but don't get frustrated ... expected 1 year wait ....
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-26-2019, 02:27 PM.

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          19-6 JFK-EWR,50%, 20 weeks since SI.

• I know its gonna be a long wait for poly, but does anyone know the email address or phone number that they give to you in the paper after you complete the structured interview to call if it has been 10-12 weeks since SI with no contact for the poly?

Comment

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          10 weeks!? They won’t help you at 52 let alone 10. Just sit back and wait

• Got the verbal ok for structured interview. I was told they are 6 months behind on Polygraphs due to the government shutdown that occurred.

Told me to send an email at about month 5 to find out if there's any update.

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that email don’t mean anything lol. Just kick rocks and wait will be the generic response

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on passing SI, good job, @Coderedpl
          6 months for poly? you would be considered a lucky one if you get scheduled in 6 months... many of us here have been waiting close to a year....

• Sooooo my EOD is Jan 17th and Fletc in Feb 2nd through the 8th. And i got offered and accepted the virgin islands

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Virgin islands sweet, congrats.

• Aussie_xo
          Aussie_xo commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 thanks! I didn’t think newbies get the “sweet life” ports. I’m cool with Hurricane but I hate snow so I’m set!

• gmen0587
          gmen0587 commented
          Editing a comment
          Aussie_xo vra?

• Any 18-12s clearing the background phase yet? I took my poly the first week in April and met my investigator the end of April. Background sent for adjudication in the first week of May.

Comment

• Lapantoja11
          Lapantoja11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 18-11 Bi cleared on thursday last week have mu Drug Test tomorrow hopefully i get the call on friday

• MissAmitious
          MissAmitious commented
          Editing a comment
          Lapantoja11 that's great news! You're at the finishline!!

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-6 still waiting on adjudication. Hopefully my BI on CASS gets updated with green checkmate soon.

• Well, just got word from mhc that OPR will be sending me a nopa to explain something on my background. OPR just needs explanation on the issue or what I plan to do to fix it. Hopefully he is right. He said if it was serious they would not give me a chance to explain myself. Lets hope it works out. All steps are done but background and drug test.
        Last edited by Hal29; 08-27-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude NOPA's are pretty serious. Put in the effort to explain the situation. Don't take some guy's word from MHC that has nothing to lose by giving you wrong information, especially if you when you don't even know his name. I have a friend who was found unsuitable, even after a NOPA.

I'm not being negative or trying to discourage you, its quite the opposite. Make sure you put in the effort.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I never said it wasnt a big deal. I've done a nopa before in the past and several people here have had one as well. Of course I'm going to explain myself and give all proof possible.

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 "He said if it was serious they would not give me a chance to explain myself." <-- That's literally saying its not a big deal. But whatever, I wish you the best of luck brother

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11159 users online. 486 members and 10673 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X