Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i have a question..i got accepted for GS5! Took my interview in June and i am currently waiting for my polygraph and hoping to get into JFK. By October i will have one year federal experience which should make me eligible for GS7! Does anybody know if there is a way i can change my grade after i have already been in the process ? Will they let me upgrade to 7?

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I understand you will have reapply to a new announcement and choose the new GS you want. Everything that you have done will just simply transfer over to the new one.

• David1984 So do u think that would extend the time i have to wait for my poly ?

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think why it should.

• Two questioned: 1. As I signed the paper for grooming standards it states can have a 1 inch length beard neatly trimmed and well groomed. Does this mean I can have my 1 inch beard during FLETC or just after graduation?
    2. Should we buy boots before FLETC or do they have a certain brand to choose from? If not what brand to buy, Ive heard Danner is good.

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      All of your questions have been answered 100 times in this thread, I'd suggest doing some reading. 1. Yes. 2. Yes.

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      ES90 but that takes all the fun out of it!

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can have a beard during Fletc as long you keep it clean and you will need to by boots before Fletc they give you danners once you get here but that’s not too like a month in and I would look at the under armor boots

• Might be a long shot, but wanted to reach out and see if anyone here had any information on Houston IAH? I haven’t seen many people grab it through the VRA process so wonder if I just got lucky.

Comment

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 yeah I picked Houston through VRA.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here.

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 really? When do you EOD? Any info on the port? lol

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      No eod yet. But I live in the Dallas area.

• JFK people how long have u been waiting for your poly ?

Comment

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      19-6 here, 20 weeks and counting.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m. 19-2 announcement took my SI in April so I’m waiting since then a little over 18 weeks originally offered to continue the process since December I hope soon they get to us for JfK

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Poly next week, although I applied to “Location Negotiable” JFK is the closest Port to me.

18-9

• Monac82
      Monac82 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-13 announcement. Took my SI last November. Reapplied 19-9 announcement for JFK. CASS 50% on both applications. Awaiting for poly date.

• 18-13 Applied Oct 2018 My investigator submitted by BI three weeks ago still haven't been cleared , CASS in 63%... how long does it take to find out you cleared?
    Last edited by FerrerRodriguez; 08-23-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      8 months here... sit tight.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      It can take a while.

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine was 5-6 months

• Monac82
      Monac82 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 18-13 also applied September 2018. When did you take your poly?. Still waiting for poly date.

• This post has been deleted.

Comment

• My FLETC dates are from December 4 to April 14, basically winter. Now im from the North east and winter its rough, but how is Glynco, GA during this months? do I need hoodies?

Comment

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm down there in December as well, googled the weather, it seems like hoodie, maybe a thicker jacket at night style of weather.

• Finally got the call! Sent my medical paperwork last friday and recieved my call this morning eod jan 17 academy Feb 3rd. Was lucky to get my preferred location El Paso TX

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on the call!

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations i sent you a Pm

• Aussie_xo
        Aussie_xo commented
        Editing a comment
        We will be at Fletc together! Congrats!

• Hello all you prospective CBPO candidates. This thread is a wealth of information regarding the hiring process, CBPO duties, FLETC info and other advice etc. I just have some words of advice as someone who used this thread to get through the hiring process, FLETC and the first couple years of my career with OFO. Do some reading in this thread and Google before posting a question or concern. The CBP page and the USAJOBS announcement has links to just about everything you need to know about. This thread as been around long enough that you aren't the first person to ask X question. A huge part of your job as a CBPO is digging through information to find the proverbial needle. Better get used to it now because if you have an issue researching your own information you'd better find a different job. Don't get me wrong, I ask my more experienced colleagues questions every day but doing your own research first goes a long way.

Comment

• I chose Memphis Tennessee...2-3-20 eod....2-24-20 FLETC I'm coming back to ya again...June graduate....the journey is finally over....GS-9 April 2018

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          See you at the port! I wonder what kind of numbers they are trying to build up to in Memphis with CBPOs?

• HillbillyKY
          HillbillyKY commented
          Editing a comment
          If anyone that chose Memphis, TN would like Dulles, VA I am at FLETC now and wanting to trade.

• What are your experiences, how do you deal with current employer after BI's visit?
        I mean it is going to be months from the time BI's visit until the call...
        Either next Mon or Tue, BI will talk/visit my boss and coworker. Apparently, boss is planning to give me a promotion/a raise (I think), they kept giving me hint about a career path, a new role that coming soon (Business Unit Supervisor or some like that). I think after they find out I'm looking for a job somewhere else, there won't be a raise or promotion, which I don't care much. But the working environment gonna weird as heck...
        Just want some experience, inputs from you guys...

Comment

• cam04
          cam04 commented
          Editing a comment
          I told both the doctors I work for that I was in the process as soon as I passed the entrance exam.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was open with my manager, I work in a law firm and i had told her since I passed my poly that i was on this hiring process , but that nothing was set in stone yet and i was going to keep updating her. She then met with the BI when he came and everything was fine , my coworkers knew then and were happy to find out I was working towards a career. When the call finally came i told her right away what my last day was going to be. Since we work in a satellite location from the main office only the people here know , I have not told the big boss yet, I'm waiting for my actual EOD time to get closer to officially give HR and the big boss my two weeks notice, but since my manager knows she is gearing up for my replacement already and she appreciated the heads up from the beginning.

• 2ndGenFed
          2ndGenFed commented
          Editing a comment
          As a courtesy, you should definitely let management know that you applied. Be honest with them. There's no guarantee that you'll get in but you're going to try. If and when they get a call from a BI, they'll be better prepared and will appreciate that they weren't blindsided by you.

• GS9 17-11

63% CASS
        Waiting to be contacted by BI and drug test.

Planning on moving form California to Texas in October. Since my EQIP, cannot be edited since it is under review, anyone have experience with getting assigned to a BI in the new location you moved to. I dont want to have to travel to California for the rest of my process.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comment

• Weasley
          Weasley commented
          Editing a comment
          Try contacting the recruiter for the location you initially applied for and ask them to transfer your application to the Texas port you want to apply to. When I reached out to my recruiter with a question he told me if I wanted to change my application location I could let him know which port I would like and he would transfer my application over there.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta contact your case manager and update them about your moving.

• My BI just got cleared today, so here is my timeline:

CBPO 17-10 GS-9, also applied for 18-3 JFK GS-9
        08/14/17: Applied
        09/07/17: TSL
        09/15/17: EQIP Submitted
        09/28/17: Fitenss
        09/29/17: Medical
        10/02/17: Fitness Cleared
        10/10/17: Medical Cleared
        11/16/17: Eqip released to OPR
        03/19/18: SI
        03/21/18: SI Passed
        05/24/18: Polygraph (Valley Stream, NY) Inconclusive
        06/08/18: Polygraph (Washington, DC) Inconclusive
        06/27/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        08/01/18 : Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Inconclusive
        09/11/18: Polygraph (Newark, NJ) Verbal Pass
        09/12/18 : Polygraph passed on Cass
        10/04/18 : Eqip re-certified
        11/13/18: Meeting with BI
        11/27/18: BI Submitted
        8/23/19: BI Cleared on Cass

Comment

• eikichi10
          eikichi10 commented
          Editing a comment
          lol yes and I also had 2 NOPAs

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Blessing from up above.

• sory_ann
          sory_ann commented
          Editing a comment
          You got to be kidding me

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          nice to hear, expect that drug test within a few days, you are almost there.

• eikichi10 respect... I would say fk it after 3rd time... I took once and never want to do it again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7739 users online. 391 members and 7348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X