Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typically, how long does it take after your background investigator submits your background for you to get adjudicated?

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      cam04 If he contacts you back I would ask why he brought it up. I personally would challenge that because on their own site it says "polygraphs are valid for 2 years", so by their own writing your polygraph that was conducted 5 years ago is invalid. Unless you brought it up during the initial interview, polygraphs aren't something apart of covering an applicants background during federal hiring. Polygraphs are apart of pre employment suitability, so by that logic it should be its own component. I know a lot of the work is contracted out these days, but I don't know how a background investigator would obtain that information even with your signed release, let alone if the file would even be given to them.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well raudy06 JimmyW777 Levithane I check my app status and it states everything is100% complete. I have heard word form any other source though. So I guess that means I have been adjudicated.. ?
      Last edited by Elgin_87; 08-28-2019, 03:32 PM.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      really? how long since your BI submitted again?

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 I would say about July. But I am an current federal employee and just passed an 5 year BI, Now I do not know if they use that or not.

• 19-1 and still at 38%

I got my Lasik done 07/19/19 and am still waiting for the 90 days before I can contact the medical team with my updated vision assessment. Actually, they said they were going to email the forms to me but I haven't received them yet.

So that's where I'm at.

The good news is I have not been disqualified for my vision and the medical team updated my file showing that I got Lasik done. I'm seeing 20/15 by the way and it's amazing.

What I'm hoping for is that my vision assessment goes well. Then, I update the medical team, my medical finally clears and finally the polygraph.

I'm just being hopeful but luckily in the meantime I have this forum to help keep my sanity.

I can't tell you how much of a relief knowing that I'm not alone in all this. I visit the forum often and plan to keep posting my status.

Congrats to everyone getting the call and patience to the rest of us. We'll get our turn soon.

Comment

• anythingicanbe
      anythingicanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      2ndGenFed nope still awaiting

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you not prior law enforcement? Or had related duties in your current job? I wouldn't risk doing Lasik without the job even being guaranteed.

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      Calitown I'm not prior law enforcement but I hear you though. It's a risk but it's very low and especially if you're an approved candidate for Lasik. Next March will make my 10 years as a federal employee. I'm trying to move to DHS for better opportunities so for me the risk is worth it.
      Bottom line is if I want DHS then I'll do everything I can to make it happen.
      I can make excuses or make progress.
      I choose the latter.

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      2ndGenFed Gotcha man, I hear you on that. I wish all the best for you.

• Finally hit 100% on my CASS app. Never felt such completeness lol.
    Last edited by JimmyW777; 08-20-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats Jimmy. How long was the whole process? What announcement are you in?

• JimmyW777
      JimmyW777 commented
      Editing a comment
      1 year and 6 months. 18-4

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know the feeling.

• Is the new fast track hiring process only for CBP on the SWB?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      for BPA too. I know someone who got the whole process done in 4 months.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the fast track is hogwash. You create a system to speed up the process leaving all others to wait well over a year. Take care of those in the process first.

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 Yeah I agree, I’ve been waiting forever too. That’s why I’m looking into it

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 1 year and 8 months in. I’ve learned to Be patient lol. But no news is good news I guess is one way to look at it.

• Missed "the call" today...they did leave a voicemail...I will be calling back tm. Almost there...

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats what location did you apply to ?

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied to Dullies, VA.....I really want Atlanta GA

• AZ2019
      AZ2019 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just leave a voicemail, they calle me back a day later with offer

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      So...Did you call back? What location did they give you?

• Finally cleared medical. Now the Poly wait begins. Below is my current timeline.

CBPO 18-13 (Regular)
    9/04/2018 – Applied
    9/17/2018 – Entrance Exam
    9/20/2018 – Exam Notice of Results (Passed)
    9/26/2018 – Tentative selection letter (GS - 7)
    10/03/2018 – e-QIP requested
    10/08/2018 – e-QIP submitted
    10/16/2018 – Medical Exam
    10/16/2018 – PFT-1 (Passed)
    11/08/2018 – Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    11/09/2018 – Structured Interview Results (Passed)
    12/10/2018 – Assigned a new Case Manager
    2/28/2019 – e-QIP Rejected (for corrections)
    2/28/2019 – e-QIP corrected & resubmitted
    3/18/2019 – e-Qip released to OPR
    3/19/2019 – Assigned a new Case Manager
    3/25/2019 - Additional Medical Documentation Requested
    04/04/2019 - Sent Additional Medical Documentation (Received email receipt confirmation on the same day).
    8/20/2019 - Medical cleared

Comment

• Turffs18
      Turffs18 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 18-12 regular and got the call last week. My polygraph wait was around 8 months.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      SmokeScreen07 Wow 5 months for your additional medical paperwork to clear. I submitted mine Friday and the following Tuesday it was cleared. That is crazy... hopefully they slot you for a poly asap.

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Turffs18 That's awesome good luck.

BowMan2006 For whatever reason, it seems to take them 5 months to process anything from me, the e-Qip was the same way. That would be nice if they did schedule it asap, but I highly doubt it, I'm in the NYC region and there are candidates that have been waiting around a year so far for their poly's down here.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      SmokeScreen07 Yeah my eqip took 3 months for them to send it back. I was missing high school information but, I put that I graduated college as highest degree. Little confused but its just shut up and do what they want.

• Has anyone received the call without seeing anything on their drug test come back?

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, not to me but it has happened to some people here. Then the drugs test has cleared a couple of days layer.

• AZ2019
      AZ2019 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too , I got the call and dint get results till a week later

• Just resubmitted my eqip so this should put me at 50% now. Let the polygraph wait begin.

Application offer 5/16/19 (19-7)
    Fitness completed 6/19/19
    SI completed 7/9/19
    Medical completed 8/13/19
    Eqip resubmitted 8/21/19

Comment

• Finally got cleared from my surgery and sent the medical paperwork to med hiring review. Anyone ever go through this part of the process wondering how long it takes already cleared everything else in the process

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        medical reviews varies for everyone..depending how complicated your medical issues are.... I've seen any where from 2-3 months to 1 year.... hopefully you get cleared fast. Aaronag12 good luck man

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        For me after I submitted my additional paperwork it took a little under a month.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        Aaronag12 for my eyes surgery. it took them 4 months to reach to me for my surgeon to fill out the paper work for me and took them another month to clear it.

• 18-9

Finally after a long wait I was contact by phone to schedule my Poly! Almost a year to the day since my SI! Now I’m super anxious but happy! Never took one before

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m glad they are up to 18-9 what port are you requesting that means 19- are up next for polygraph good luck hope it goes smoothly for you.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce congrats I remember that feeling. good luck on your poly and listen to their instructions carefully and follow and you be great. Keep us posted.

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, get plenty of sleep a couple of nights before the exam.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man, you are up to get "hooked for hours" lol, I'm excited for you... had a long wait ... MrAce good luck man... get a good sleep, at least 8hrs, take sleeping pills if need to, you will need your mind clear lol, eat a big breakfast, bring water, some snacks to take during breaks, if you drink coffee every morning, do it, don't skip, follow instructions closely, you will be fine.
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-22-2019, 06:05 AM.

• Is the Alexandria they are offering in VA? For those who got the call. I didnt ask them until I figured out where alexandria is located

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        If your asking about Alexandria Bay, then no its quite the opposite of VA. Alexandria Bay is located in the frozen tundra of Upstate NY and is about 30 mins from my house. Here is an article from the winter we just had

https://expo.newyorkupstate.com/news...-the-road.html
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 08-21-2019, 06:38 PM. Reason: Forgot link

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alex bay is beautiful in the summer. Especially if you like to be in the water. It’s a ghost area in the winter. Grew up not far from there. So glad to be out of NYS. Alex bay is Getting a whole new station tho.

• Levitane, they pull up everything. Not just your sf-86. If you were disciplined at any job they know. If you took prior polygraph for federal they will know. Because it is in federal data base. They do a full person background.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        s Cbp is lying when they say that polygraph is made up as one of the 3 elements of the background? Investigators are hired by cbp as contractors and can pull up past records when applying to the same department. This was also explained to me by my investigator. But ok.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going by what the investigator and Cbp says on cass app.
        Last edited by Hal29; 08-21-2019, 09:43 PM.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I said everything I posted was taken directly from their website. If you're being told different information, the agency needs to update their website, because what you're being told contradicts what they say online. As far as past records/applications is concerned that depends. I can tell you things like that have to be submitted to OPM, and it takes about 2 months to get a previously conducted investigation in its entirety. With the deadlines I doubt he is putting in a request for it all with OPM, and waiting 2 months when he has deadlines to get the case done. As far as I know polygraph information isn't sent to OPM, but the field reports are.
        Last edited by Levithane; 08-21-2019, 10:07 PM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        The background investigation process consists of four key elements: the preliminary vetting checks, the polygraph examination, the investigation (the field portion and OPM’s National Agency Checks) and the final adjudication. The results produced from the vetting checks, the polygraph exam, and the investigation are analyzed for the purpose of making a final adjudicative determination.

That is from the background phase on Cass. My investigator told me they have 4 weeks to submit after their field investigation to submit. I met mine at the end. He had 3 days before filing. Just my experience.

• 18-8,
      Meeting with background investigator today 11am at local library,
      He said the rules are has to be private place but cannot be at home, restaurant or coffee shop,
      Library or workplace are ok.
      I made a small mistake on Application Questionnaire Answers, asked him if he could make correction, he said yes,
      Hopefully everything turns out good.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck.

• Has anyone from 19-2 announcement CBPO for JFK port receive a call or email in regards to Polygraph exam. We were told to reach out to icadscheduling email and I only receive automated responses . Just curious if anyone was able to make contact.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        The Icadscheduling email is a joke. I used to email them once a week for months, always got generic response, basically, when its your turn, they will make contact, there is nobody you could ask and get answer "when its my turn", I tried emailing everybody, every addresses I could get, nobody ever gave me an answer, all generic responses, just wait, keep checking emails, monitoring calls blah blah...
        One day, out of blue, they made contact to schedule.
        Hang on for your turn buddy, it will come fonzi7979
        I waited 50 weeks since my SI for the poly. and I had no Eqip or Medical issues.
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-22-2019, 06:24 AM.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        I emailed to let them know I would travel at my own expense and got the generic email as well. I just try to think positive by the time I get the poly I will probably have finished my masters and then I think I can apply for a GS9 if I am correct. With accounting it opens a lot of doors so something will work out.

• V_AntCBP thanks for sharing with me on your long wait. I guess it will continue. I am all green except background is in progress, drug to in progress and Poly is pending ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4864 users online. 196 members and 4668 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X