Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
    I thought two weeks was the min?
    I received the call on a Monday to report two Mondays later. I do not consider that my offer. I don't believe anything in the government until it is in writing. I requested a written offer and received it the next day. So actually, I was just short of two weeks, by two days, but with rounding a week and a half is closest.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
      I received the call on a Monday to report two Mondays later. I do not consider that my offer. I don't believe anything in the government until it is in writing. I requested a written offer and received it the next day. So actually, I was just short of two weeks, by two days, but with rounding a week and a half is closest.
      I like your style; I was planning on doing the exact same thing if/when I was to get called.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by OVERCBPII View Post
        Sap123...dude go BP if you can over CBP They are really squared away and lots of opportunities for cooler TDYs and teams. Plus they are really big on merit and performance in the field in order to move up or around.
        You just forgot to tell the poor man about the 18 months required stay on the South border... Cooler TDYs? Like what for instance? Give an example as I cannot come up with one...
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
          I have heard of the living conditions at fletc as either the "taj" or "crack houses". Can someone explain what it's like. do you get your own private room? share a room? How many people to a bathroom? Are females separate from males? Is there a fridge in your room or for you to use? For instance, say you just get done with physical training, and then you need to report to class. Do you go back to your housing and clean up, or go to locker rooms. You don't have to shower naked with other men do you?
          The "taj" or "crackhouse" is one in the same (the older residence/dorm building) , from what has been posted here they have been accommodating 2 people per room from a few months back... This is a Federal Training Facility and I'm sure they will provide you with a Female Roommate if you are a Female, and you should have a Female Locker Room as well. As to room amenities, the newer buildings were set up originally as single units, laid out like a college dorm with a bed, tv, desk, bathroom, and I think a little fridge as well ( I was told by a friend who stayed in the new rooms at FLETC)... as to how they have arranged stuff now... I have no idea... someone who's at FLETC right now should answer...
          Last edited by yoda; 12-04-2008, 07:19 PM.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I chose San Diego as my location for the CBP....anyone else doing the same??
            Amtrak Police: NY/NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent A-Hop View Post
              I chose San Diego as my location for the CBP....anyone else doing the same??
              Right here friend. I'm in TSU, how far are you along?

Comment

• Thanks Sap, i have seen the phrase pre-academy, does anyone know exactly what that is?

Comment

I have heard of the living conditions at fletc as either the "taj" or "crack houses". Can someone explain what it's like. do you get your own private room? share a room? How many people to a bathroom? Are females separate from males? Is there a fridge in your room or for you to use? For instance, say you just get done with physical training, and then you need to report to class. Do you go back to your housing and clean up, or go to locker rooms. You don't have to shower naked with other men do you?
                  The taj are nicer housing that normally you have a roommate, but there are some people who don't get roomates also. They have a fridge and tv. Here's the catch though they are no where near classrooms, the gym, or the dining hall so you have to bus everywhere.

The crackhouses you will not have a roomate and you share your bathroom with one other person. there are no tvs or fridges but you can rent them from the fletc store.

As for your question bout gym and showering if you are in the crackhouses and have gym in the morning on your lunch break you could eat a quick meal then go to your room and shower. If your in the taj your pretty much sol, unless you want to shower in the locker room, which sucks to be honest. To be honest I'm really happy with the crackhouses, I go to the student center for lunch and take my food to my room and get ready for the second half of the day. Its within 5 mins of the dining hall, student center,gym, classroom. Way better than the taj imo.

Comment

Last edited by jwm0516; 12-04-2008, 09:01 PM. Reason: Goosell beat me to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                      Thanks Sap, i have seen the phrase pre-academy, does anyone know exactly what that is?
                      3 weeks of you at your port you'll be working at tying off the loose ends to get employed, on top of boring training modules and pretty much wasting time (don't take my word for it, it's just the consensus around here for people that do it). You're there for that amount of time, and then off to camp! Don't forget your running shoes!

Comment

• I stand corrected!

I stand corrected...
                        The Taj and the Crackhouses are not one in the same!

Taj= Newer Housing
                        Crackhouse= Older Housing
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by CTRT View Post
                          He is going to LA. Tons of OT. He will get more then 15k! The night,evening,Sun and holiday pay alone will be more then 5k.

I have worked at 4 ports, I also know a little bit about it.
                          Wow, four ports? You get around. How did you manage that? I thought it took an executive order to transfer.

Comment

So EOD is the date you start? That date you start gs-5 and one year from that exact date you will be gs-7?
                            Correct. You EOD is also known as your annaversary date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                              Wow, four ports? You get around. How did you manage that? I thought it took an executive order to transfer.
                              Depending on the circumstances, it really might not be that hard to "work at four ports.

Though officially I've been a member of 2 ports in roughly 5 years, I've worked in (best guess) 10 ports in 4 states and roughly 15 crossings. Many of those have only been for a day or two, but I 'worked' in them.

Edit:

As far as transfers go...for the most part you're right. Expect them to be rare and difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Depending on the circumstances, it really might not be that hard to "work at four ports.

Though officially I've been a member of 2 ports in roughly 5 years, I've worked in (best guess) 10 ports in 4 states and roughly 15 crossings. Many of those have only been for a day or two, but I 'worked' in them.

Edit:

As far as transfers go...for the most part you're right. Expect them to be rare and difficult.
                                Ok, I gotcha. Never a permanent change of duty station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7597 users online. 389 members and 7208 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X