Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda sad right now, I received a NOPA letter, letter said they proposed to find me to be unsuitable for employment. I sent my response, waiting on the decision. :/ What are the chances I can get a good response?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Lapantoja11 sorry about that, I hope it all works out for you, you mentioned past employment and the fake stuff.... What happened at your employment if you don't mind sharing....about the seized stuff, how long ago was that?
      Now I'm worried because like 10-11 years ago, I went back to my origin country for vacation. My mom asked me to bring back some cold flu medicine for her. I don't know why tf she loves those stuff, there are so much good medicine in America...but anyway, When I got back to USA, Customs stopped me at airport and seized the medicine because they were over counter stuff and I didn't have paperwork for it. They verified that those were not illegals stuff....like 6 months later they sent me paper saying if I want those medicine back, I had to go to court and get it back. I didn't go.. if not they would destroy it after so long.....
      I told them on Eqip, I don't know if this incident would screw me over now... fk....
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-16-2019, 10:21 PM.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP, failure to declare is not criminal, I wouldn't worry about it.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      ES90 thank you sir, I should tell investigator when I meet him/her too right?

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lapantoja11 was this before or after you met with your BI investigator? Only reason I asked is I guess it depends on what the issue was with your previous employment I wouldn't sweat about the stuff that you ordered I dont think it will play against you, but the employment thing might. It will all depend on what happened and how you explained it. If you dont mind sharing we can give you a little more I sight.

• Hello, anybody know the typical work schedule/hours at JFK?

Comment

• Well I've been going to this thread daily since applying, might as well put my info in and be active since I'm in the "waiting game" now.

Post 19-9, applied 6/17/19, selected San Francisco as preferred duty location.
      NOR- 6/19/19 eligible for GS9
      EQip - submitted 6/26/19
      Medical - completed 6/26/19 got green check mark 6/28/19
      SI- 7/8/19, got NOR passing on 7/10/19 and green check mark a day later.
      Fitness Exam - completed and passed 7/15/19, green check mark on 7/19
      Equip sent to OPR - 7/19/20 with green check mark appearing a day later

50% complete... now the waiting game

Poly- pending
      BI - In Progress
      Drug - In Progress

My process went by very quick that first month. My goal was to make sure everything I could control was completed on the first attempt. I'm praying I don't have to be in this wait and see mode for the next year... I did reach out to a recruiter who messaged back within the same hour, which surprised me. Basically said the process depends on the need at the location and the available polygraph examiners in the selected area, and the availability of background investigators in the region I live in.

Comment

• Anyone EOD to San Ysidro in December AND FLETC in January? I live in Chicago and need to relocate only south Border was offered to me, I was not familiar with the process when I was applying and don’t even remember what locations I picked almost 2 yrs ago when I applied. Just got the call.

Comment

• Nefarius9
          Nefarius9 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am on the same schedule... San Ysidro on Dec 19... Academy Jan 6 - May 11

• Does anyone know about your application being on hold for not applying with selective service? Asking for someone.
        Their BPA application is on hold since he didn’t apply for selective service and since he’s over 25, he can’t register. He had to write an explanation and get it notarized, then send it back to DHS. He’s pending poly, BI meet, drug test and final offer.
        Has this happened to anyone or has anyone heard of this?

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          At one point I was thinking Laredo but housing seems limited and the lack of land to purchase pushed me away. I wouldn't mind being closer to the water. But the lack of land turned me off.

Canada, that is interesting. Been there. It's ok I guess to visit but to live. I don't know.

• cam04
          cam04 commented
          Editing a comment
          MrAce lol, I guess it wasn’t mentioned to him

raudy06 yes it’s been on hold for about 4-5 months now

Hal29 housing and land? There’s been a bunch of new communities and nice communities expanding. I don’t know where you were looking lol
          What about Brownsville? It’s right by the beach.
          Just thought Canada would be interesting

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im Not looking for a community. I live in one now and pay HOA fees and it sucks. I'm look in for land.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          I never thought about Laredo for some reason I hear most agents want to transfer out of there. I would prefer the valley Brownsville or something in that area

• Post deleted

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          No. Long story short. I never ended up enlisting. My mom was diagnosed with cancer so timing was not right for me.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          In my home state of rhode island it was super easy to register. Usually through registering for a driver's license, town hall or dmv.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they would send a registration card in mail. But even back in 1998 when I registered there were multiple avenues to do it. Now with advancements in technology it is endless.

Yes you have to register regardless what state you live in....lol.

• I took my drug test on the 8th and still no word...I already work for the government. BOP (Bureau of Prisons)...I dont do drugs. What could be the hold up?

Comment

• TheArcher
          TheArcher commented
          Editing a comment
          The government is just slow a lot of the time, you be used to this by now.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's just the government. You working for bop has nothing to do with it.

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took mine 7/30 and it cleared 8/9 on the app. So almost two weeks.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          mine took 11 days.

• Hello guys,

i’ve applied to both, BP and Customs. I recently passed my background. My question is, if I turn down BP once the “call” comes, would that affect my app with customs?

thanks!

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          No it will not.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope.... I turned down my BP application too. Even turned down a gs-7 CBPO position once I was referred for a gs-9. Just added like 2 - 3 months to the process for everything to rework through for the gs-9 position.

With how long the process is, what's 2 - 3 months for a higher pay band? :P

• So here is a question/scenario I’m curious if it has happened to anyone. I am in the process for cbp and I am going to Florida for an interview process for corrections. Now, if I get hired for corrections down there hypothetically then get offered a position for cbp could I ask for a location down there? Is this unusual? Or has anyone experienced this? I’d be moving to Orlando metro area. My app is for nyc. I am non military if that helps at all.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          You basically go where Cbp has availability. It is almost impossible to get Florida. Like Galveston and areas like that. It is more based for retirement areas. People with seniority.

• Hal29 yea I know. I’ve read some people requesting it and getting lucky with it. There was an announcement a few months ago that had Miami on it and was not vra. So that’s why my question. I mean don’t get me wrong, I want cbp more than corrections. But I’m trying to do what’s best for myself and my family.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          In OFO cost of living often clashes with quality of life. Generally, the higher cost of living locations house the ports with the greatest earning potentials and the locations with the least cost of living expenses often are restricted in earning potentials, rural, extremely remote and lacking in much of the advanced quality of life options.

• gmen0587
          gmen0587 commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 well that airport always seems very busy when I go there. But anyway, this is all hypothetical wishful thinking so to speak. We will see what the year brings. I’m optimistic.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that all depends on what your expectations are in quality of life. My family and I prefer space, land and a lack of high populated area. Wife and daughter love to hike and we all love to camp. I love hunting and fishing. We love to go off reading and being on our horses. To us that brings happiness. Thus why we camp new mexico, Wyoming and the mountains of Colorado. Others may like the restaurant and shopping scenes.

Also some needed areas offer incentives but may work more overtime. It's all in how people look at quality of life. Me personally. I prefer not to take a higher pay with higher cost of living. But you can have both. I'm my case. I would love to get dfw, higher pay because of cost of living but I love 30 minutes out in a town with less than 3,000 people out in the country and 20 minutes from oklahoma. So it's the individual themselves.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          I would probably be ok with any area in Texas. To be honest.

• Will vacation with another federal agency transfer over...BOP TO CBP? I got alot of time

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I know all that will transfer over. You just won't keep your seniority.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          GS job to GS job? Idk anything about BOP, but if that's the case, your step level transfers, and your fed time that counts for how many hours leave per pay period will count. I'm not sure if you can transfer accrued leave between agencies. Different pots of money for budgeting

Say you are a GS-5 with 4ish years fed time. So 5 step 4 with some months toward step 5.

You are hired with CBP at the GS-7 level based on things and stuff.

Your step 4 transfers but time in step resets because of the grade change, starting you as a 7 step 4.

Your 4 years fed time puts you in the 6 hours of leave per 40 hours of work and that transfers with you,

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, sick and annual will transfer.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The two step rule applies.

A GS-05/04 will be brought in as a GS-07/01. They will work somewhat to match pay but the steps will reset themselves.

• Is there any real difference between GS & GL. CBP , FBI & some other agencies go by GS scale whereas others such as border patrol ice etc it’s GL?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          With border patrol they start out as GL but later on GS . Thanks both for your input so would a fed leo under GL enjoy a better retirement then a fed leo under GS? Many agencies I see are GS rather than GL. merlin436 ChrisQuirolo
          Last edited by Mike_lowrey; 08-19-2019, 07:53 AM.

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          I Did further research & all GL LEO turn GS LEO after GS -11 so I’d assume GL gets the better retirement being that for 3-4 they were under GL. I’d be satisfied either way because the pay is great across all agencies but I think CBP has the most overtime $

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          As far a retirement goes there are two main types...12D twenty year retirement offered to those defined as "LEOs" under title 5 of the USC. Also covered by the 12D statue are firefighters, nuclear materials carriers, etc...etc...etc...and CBP Officers. As.far as I know, all positions covered under GL pay are covered as "LEO" positions under 5 USC.

Certain LEO positions like CBPOs, Capital Police, Supreme Court Police and others have 12D retirement but not 5 USC "LEO" status. OFO, because of this technicality, does not get GL pay.

Then there are a bunch of LEO positions which are neither covered under 5 USC or 20 year retirement or GL pay.

Gl pay only exists between the GL-03 and GL-10 levels...inclusively.

As an entity the BP has far more overtime $$ than OFO...but as individuals, a select minority of CBPOs have access to the highest levels of overtime. Equally true, a select minority of CBPOs have access to little to no overtime. As far as OT goes.. .all overtime in OFO is double time...most BP overtime is straight time.

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 thanks for spreading the knowledge. Im going to research 12D & title 5 USC

• Post deleted
        Last edited by MrAce; 08-21-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Achyuta You are absolutely right. Pardon me. What I should have said was "IMO, DO NOT APPLY FOR BOP." I wasn't discouraging him from BOP because of the retirement benefits. I am aware that BOP Corrections Officers are considered LEOs for retirement purposes. I just don't think it's a great agency. First, they don't pay those guys enough for being unarmed and locked in a confined space with dangerous people for an entire shift day after day. IMO, COs should journey out at 11 or 12 not 7. That's crazy. Second...well there really is no "second" because the "first" point is enough for me.

Now in MrAce's case, he is young enough to wait for the job he wants, but if he wants to apply for another position, why apply to BOP? You would still have to go through a hiring process minus the poly. There will still be a waiting period. You still have to go through a panel, a drug test, a physical, CVA (Core Value Assessment), background, etc. so why not other agencies that pay more? That was my point.

Oh and congratulations on your recent offer by the way!
          Last edited by Radio Raheem; 08-21-2019, 12:07 PM.

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          25 and feeling old? Try being in an academy with a bunch of people that could have gone to high school with your oldest child...

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Radio Raheem if you get a good location it isn't bad, I've been to one of the BOP's medical facilities for casework and the employees seem pretty happy.

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          By the time I get through this process, I'll be 35. UGH.

• Anybody did make corrections or know if we could make corrections on Application Questionnaire Answers we did when we first applied? (its not Eqip)
        I made a mistake on one of the questions and would like to correct it so OPR doesn't deem me as lying....
        I emailed my case manager but hasn't gotten respond yet.
        Thanks
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-19-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Just following up to see if anyone from 19-2 announcement for JFK or Newark has been scheduled their polygraph exam.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9950 users online. 383 members and 9567 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X