Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys. I declined the offer and will reapply. Looks like I will have to take the entrance exam again. Anyone know how good PHL is? It was on the list on the new announcement. l was considering that BWI or New York I'm guessing JFK.

Comment

• Anyone ever hear of this.... My boss applied a year ago same as me, well I had my poly four months ago and passed.... Then they called me to set up background investigation and I met with the investigator etc.... My boss got his poly, then a week later he got his drug test and passed and they already called him offered him. The job and start date.... He never even met with background investigator.???? WTF lol

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        He got a provisional and you did not.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        spd2008, it happens if they already have a TS clearance or get granted a provisional based on their eQIP and initial running of background. He'll still end up meeting with them before he goes to the academy.

• He's already a GS9 and I'm a 7 so I think that has part of it

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        reason why he probably got the provisional and went ahead on all that.

• Also I picked the provisional because I know I don't have a background... So I agree, they gave it to him prolly because Hwa already a 9 I think.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What you mean? Everyone has a background. It's more than just criminal. Residents, credit, job history, references. Everyone has a background.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pay grade has nothing to do with it. It's all about vetting checks and determination of low risk. Below is from an article on the DHS.gov site

"CBP implemented a “provisional clearance” policy, which permits applicants who successfully pass the polygraph examination without any significant admissions to enter on duty to the academy while their background investigation is still on-going."

• Well I am meaning I have never been arrested... Have good credit, stable work history etc....

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its a set criteria to be eligible but I am pretty sure they have final say even if you meet the low risk factor. Think of it as a positive thing for yourself. If something comes up in your background you still have a job. If the background comes back negative for your boss hes out of a job.

• Hello everyone; I applied for JA: CBPO 18-11 back on July 2018. I received my last update on July 23rd, 2019 saying that I was at the end of the hiring process. "Applicant BI is now @ IA Intake, waiting for the NAC (National Agency Check). Any idea how long that takes? Its been over a year since I applied and it just seems that the process is moving very slow.

Comment

• Tropictac
        Tropictac commented
        Editing a comment
        It's different for everyone.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im on the same boat, im at 63% same announcement.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied in May 2018, 18-8, and still haven't met investigator yet, you were not moving slow. Issy2K everyone timeline is different, from what I've been reading, your process is moving faster than average. You are approaching the end... be patient....

• Eann86
        Eann86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 18-11 too and met with my BI last month, July15th. Received a similar email on 7.25, but haven't heard anything since 8.2 ( BI met with reference and was interviewed.) The whole process has been a hurry up and wait kind of thing, but I know being so close to the end is hard to be patient. Sorry I cant help you much, but seems we are in the same boat. Good luck!

Last edited by Albax0385; 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lapantoja11 View Post
        Im on the same boat, im at 63% same announcement.
        Yeah Same here!! Been on 63% for the last 2 months. I keep working out to be on my best shape if I receive an offer. Good Luck to you...

Comment

• Lapantoja11
          Lapantoja11 commented
          Editing a comment
          I been waiting since march and yes mee too

• Tropictac
          Tropictac commented
          Editing a comment
          19-3 VRA GS9 and I'm also in the 63% club! I met the BI Investigator in June. I got clarification phone calls in July 19. Hopefully I will know something before Oct.

• Originally posted by Rmalard View Post
        Running shoes, boots that can take a polish, black tee shirts. Really about all you need besides things you would take for any trip. Im about 3 weeks from graduation if you have any other questions
        Any input of physical activity? Alot of running? What about academics? I appreciate the help.

Comment

• Lapantoja11
          Lapantoja11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Following, interested on same topics

• Hal29 a what?

Comment

• Hal29 a what?

Comment

• Hal29 oh, he was referring to the new guy

Comment

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Being bored allows people to ask a lot of questions....lol. the boot officer. Maybe me being tired. I was like what the hell kind of position is that.

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              Hal29, Krash777 ... yeah, "boot" is a common military term for the "new guy." Back when there was spit shines on boots (thank you suede!) a boot was distinguished because of their highly polished, not scuffed boots. They hadn't done any "real work" yet. :P

I know the LEO version is a "Probie" short for an Officer still in their "probation" period. Or "rookie" lol

• Talonderiel good luck working those shifts, they have premium pay and are less busy. Day shift for the most part I’ve heard is the shift nobody wants.

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              That really depends on the people and the port.

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              Krash777, well guess maybe I won't be a vampire much longer then! lol I'm used to the hospital schedules where even though nights and weekends get you more money.... the senior employees prefer the day schedules that allow for family events or enjoyment of nights/weekends off.

I'm prepared to work the undesirable shifts. They tend to be more fun anyways :P

• Originally posted by Tropictac View Post
            19-3 VRA GS9 and I'm also in the 63% club! I met the BI Investigator in June. I got clarification phone calls in July 19. Hopefully I will know something before Oct.
            Good luck to you. You never know, we all might end up in the same class. Lol

Comment

• 18-8,
              Updated Eqip released to OPR.
              How long before background investigator contacted references and scheduled a meeting with me ? Anyone been thru this, please provide input. I know everyone is different. Just trying to have an idea. Thanks
              Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-15-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
                Hal29 commented
                Editing a comment
                4 weeks or so.

• V_AntCBP
                V_AntCBP commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks guys, I estimated I would be contacted within 1 month also, they will start talking to my references, employer, and meet me. After they come, I bet my job environment will be weird as heck. Bosses and coworkers will know I'm quitting.. Idk, I hope they finish the background fast after that, not dragging 6-8 months like some people so I can get the f out.
                Anybody experienced changing at workplace after investigator came? How you dealt with it?

• Hal29
                Hal29 commented
                Editing a comment
                At first it was awkward. But it fades.

• Lapantoja11
                Lapantoja11 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, you have to send an email in order for them to add your new employer.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11458 users online. 407 members and 11051 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X