Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talonderiel thats easy, just make them up when you’re done. That’s what I’m doing.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Krash777, what am I making up?! lol .... sorry been out of pocket for a week or so at a planning conference for FY20.

• Anyone know if it's possible to pause your application process? I've had a bunch of stuff crop up in my personal life that needs dealing with, and I'd like to hold off on all of this until I can take care of it.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      as far as I know, they will only hold your application for military deployment, but contact your case manager...there are maybe exceptions... TheArcher

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      TheArcher you can stop the process at any time and then start it back up again and anything that is still within the window will transfer over to your new application. I did that.

• TheArcher
      TheArcher commented
      Editing a comment
      invertedPanda How would I go about doing that? I'm going to do my SI for BPA next week, but I need eye surgery too.

• @19-2 applicants for JFK. I am wondering if anyone has been scheduled for their polygraph exam. I am all green pending poly, drug test, background and final offer. 50% completed. Any feedback is always appreciated.

Comment

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      How long have you been waiting for the poly? I went to SI last week and the people told me around 5month wait.

• I know it sounds like a silly question but, we have to clean shave for FLETC, right?
    Last edited by raudy06; 08-08-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      That is correct

• Dezada74
      Dezada74 commented
      Editing a comment
      After doing my SI my interview I was talking with a CBPO who was doing my fingerprints. As we were talking about questions I had he told me his last stationing was an instructor at Fletc and he told to me that my beard was now allowed during my training. My beard is short and well kept so I would imagine that as long as it not all over the place and your neck is clean it should be fine. I don't mind shaving it off if need be but I will be keeping it as long as I can during training.
      Last edited by Dezada74; 08-08-2019, 03:31 PM.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO's do not have to be clean shaven, beards are allowed. Including at FLETC.

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Your allowed a beard mustache goatee as long as it looks clean. If your going to go down with it grow it out before you go. Don't go back and forth between it while your down there. PA_Ed is a bit mistaken

• I'm 19-6 applicant for Los Angeles. Waiting for poly to be scheduled. I'm at 50% cleared medical back in April 2019. CASS says Drug Test, Background investigation IN PROGRESS. Hopefully poly scheduled soon.

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry to burst your bubble but its gonna be a loooong wait

• Are they still issuing the h&k or have they moved to the Glock?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 damn, G19 is little bit small for my hand, I like G17 better, more comfortable. Can I register my G17 and carry? whats gun policy on that? do they even allow?

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Merlin is right, G19s for OFO. No, you can't carry your own gun.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      ICE allows their Officers to carry a handgun from multiple options on an agency approved handgun list. If only CBP would move to be so accommodating.

I loved the G17 when we carried it. The biggest downside to it being how difficult it is to conceal-carry effectively.

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      Starting class 500 Ppl will start getting issued the Glock 19 at FLETC only BP and Air and Marine get to choose between the 47 , 19 and the 26

• This may sound silly but what is the difference between "pending" and "in progress" on cass.

Comment

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      Based on my own cass I'm assuming pending means it hasn't get started yet, in progress if you already have an appointment or are waiting for results.

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like "in progress" means that you are currently on that task or will be scheduled soon. Where as "pending" is you are not scheduled and or not currently on that task. But... I have "In Progress" for drug test the entire application process and that does not come until after Poly and BI. So thats the only exception to this rule I guess. The wording is a little weird in my opinion.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh. Well my poly says pending, although I've already taken it back in 2018 and I'm just waiting for it to transfer over. Drug test is done at the end.

• Just finished the fitness exam !! Poly next
    EXAM # 1320
    LIST # 15**
    EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• Just got the email that they received my additional medical paperwork. How does the decision of their results come? email or CASS update? and about how long has it been recently taking?
      Last edited by BowMan2006; 08-08-2019, 02:35 PM. Reason: left out the part that it was for medical paperwork.

Comment

• angelina20
        angelina20 commented
        Editing a comment
        I never received an email when I cleared after submitting additional docs. I checked CASS one day and had the green check.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know thank you.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        mine took 9 weeks and I randomly checked CASS and it was cleared

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        CASS update only for me. And a little less than a month it took to be cleared

• I am at FLETC going to Dulles, VA, but I am wanting Memphis,TN. If anybody would like to swap please message me!

Comment

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Is anyone at FLETC with you going to any of the Georgia ports ?

• HillbillyKY
        HillbillyKY commented
        Editing a comment
        No they aren’t

• 18-11. I was contacted by my BI on 7.16, and had my interview on 7.18. Close friends (references) and my employer have all met with BI, last interview being last week. I know dates vary upon location it seems, but thought I’d ask anyway... is anyone in the same stage as me and or if you have already passed the BI, how long did it take from interview to pass.

I also received an email from a Program Manager (Recruiter) on 7.25 congratulating me on my success with the process and told me I’d likely be getting a final offer in the near future and attached a Glynco Student Handbook. Did you all get that email during your BI too?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im in the north East, in NJ. My BI was done and submitted on November 27, 2018 and it cleared on July 1st , 2019, no call or email, just kept checking CASS. I never received such email i guess that is a new thing.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, sounds like you are finishing very soon. Eann86 how long was your whole BI process? From the day they started to when they talked to your employer and friends and met you?

• Eann86
        Eann86 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06, I have looked through this forum and only saw one person mention the email, so it must be new. Wow, long wait on your BI. Congrats on clearing!

V_AntCBP Thank you! I sure hope so, but if I have learned anything here... its just hurry up and wait. Just hit my one year mark, and reading other peoples timeline, I will not complain one bit. So I was contacted by email on 6.3.19 that I was reassigned a new case manager and they needed my equip to be updated, and it was released on 6.11.2019. I met with BI on 7.16.2019, and met with my employer and references all within a 2 week period. Last one I know of was last Tuesday. When I met with my BI, he told me my case was due the month prior but he was backed up, and told me he would have my background closed and sent to CBP within the next two weeks, and the rest would be up to CBP to notify me. About a week and a half after I met with my BI is when I got that email.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Eann86 thanks for the info, looks like you are flying thru BI, some people waited 7-8 months and never heard anything back from BI, sound like you will be receiving drugs call soon... what port are you trying to get?

• 18-8
      Just got a new case manager and had to re-certify Eqip for Background investigation to start... happy to see its finally moving....

Comment

• Aussie_xo
        Aussie_xo commented
        Editing a comment
        I just submitted my recert as well. I’m a year and 4 ish months in. I hope this last bit doesn’t take forever.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        good signs, BI will be calling soon after you re-certify ( mine took 3 weeks to contact me for reference)

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        10-4 thanks raudy06 for info... I was wondering the same thing... Aussie_xo I'm in process 15 months now... I hope it won't take long... I saw some people BI takes 7-8 months... I hope ours are not that long...

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just re-certify my e-qip on 7/31 hopefully they will contact me to start on my BI

• V_AntCBP I was told the other day I could start on a provisional. Is that not an option for you or?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Example, if I was in the chute for a critical fill location. It would be to their benefit to get me slotted. I've held a Clearance adjudicated by DOD for a long time and he BI for DOD is also through OPM. if OPR wanted, they could look into the database and search my SSN and it would show a long history of dates that my investigations were completed. It would also show that each time (re-investigation every 5 years) retured a result of "favorable" and they would also be able to see my current DOD clearance level and adjudication date. Based on that it would be considered a "low risk" and high probability of the current BI showing a favorable result. Then the OPR offical with adjudication authority would sign off on a provisional clearance.

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m the same boat as Dodge. I have an active TS/SCI that was adjudicated by OPM. I never met with a BI, and to my knowledge (and anyone who I had listed on my updated SF-86) nobody was contacted either. I woke up one morning and my BI was cleared and green in CASS. The key is having that Tier 5 SSBI already.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Aussie_xo I chose not to start on a provisional back when I first applied (stupid me), I was afraid of quitting my job, moving family to a new area, starting new job then they find something stupid on my background and fire me. But if I could chose again, I would start on provisional. I don't know its an option for me now... If you are confident that you have nothing crazy on your background, start on provisional...

• Aussie_xo
        Aussie_xo commented
        Editing a comment
        My background will only show traveling since my family was military.

• For those who took the drug test how many days did you have to wait to get a green on cass app and after that how many days did you have to wait for "the final call".

Comment

• Dezada74
        Dezada74 commented
        Editing a comment
        Give it about 2 weeks for the green light on the drug test and 1 week for the call max. Now that obviously is not gunna happen for everyone I heard of people who got the call before the drug test was cleared and some people it takes 3 days for the green light on the drug test and 1 day for the call.

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dezada74 I got the call 2 days after my drug test. I got my port and EOD thanks for the information.

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        What port did get ? were they offering any ports in Georgia ? JimmyW777

• Dodge_Guy19-4

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7099 users online. 380 members and 6719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X