Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally at 75% on CASS APP!!!! Goodluck to all applicants who are still in the process. No more checking the CASS app phew...

Comment

• When you apply for a new announcement, does everything gets transfer automatically ( Equip, Medical ) or do you have to wait for a tentative offer first before everything gets transfer ?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You wait for your to. Then it transfers in the order it would as if you were just applying. It doesn't all transfer at once.

• Albax0385
        Albax0385 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 Great thanks for the info

• Average wait of eqip being released to OPR?
      Average wait after sending additional medical ?
      Thanks

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Somewhere 3-4 months for the additional medical. Then another month to get the pass for he medical.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took me almost two months for equip to get released to opr.

• Ix360xI
        Ix360xI commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was released to OPR in little bit over a month.

• For people who have their FLETC and EOD dates, when did you put.your notice in at your current job? I just put mine in last week but donr leave till November. Wondering If I did it to early

Comment

• tyrell_jones3400
        tyrell_jones3400 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m thinking about doing it when I get finial offer letter.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        My job has been very good to me, despite some USERRA discussions, and they are hurting for bodies as is.... So I let them know as soon as I passed the polygraph for CBP and the Local LEO agency.

I let them know as soon as I accepted the offer and when the final day of work will be, in or about two weeks prior to EOD based on my PTO balance.

• FutureCBPO95
        FutureCBPO95 commented
        Editing a comment
        my employer knew about it when ever since the BI came to interview the managers. So theyve been in the loop. When i got the call, my manager was right next to me. She was just glad that I let her know way ahead of time so that they can plan accordingly.

• ChrisQuirolo
        ChrisQuirolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd burn as much sick & annual time as I have on the books, but I would still give them a full 2-3 weeks prior notice.

• Finally Climbing up; at 25% on CASS.

PFT 1: Checked
      SI: Checked
      =25%

Medical and EQUIP pending completed and still pending.

Comment

• Any of the 18-8 still waiting for polygraphs

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I know lot of 18-8s still waiting for poly....

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Took mines the 29ths awaiting results

• Anyone EOD Sept 27th? If so what Port did you select? Are you in FLETC Oct 17th?

Comment

• 18-8
          Just want to post little timeline on poly so people have idea how it goes...
          Took poly on July 31, Received Passing email on Aug 2nd, Poly completed on CASS today 8-4 (I always thought that they don't work on Sun, but somebody is racking up Sun OT I guess,)

Comment

• Anyone here ever have to get eye surgery done? Do they make you restart the whole application, or do they pause you at medical while you go through the recovery time?

Comment

• TheArcher
              TheArcher commented
              Editing a comment
              standtheman That's my situation, I got an email from them saying they could waiver me if I'm one year or less since my last military exam results, but I've been out over a year. Guess I'll just laser and wait, thank you.

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              TheArcher yeah, just do lasik and wait for couple months to retest it again.

• 2ndGenFed
              2ndGenFed commented
              Editing a comment
              19-1 Reg Hire

I just had Lasik done a few weeks ago on 07/19/2019. I have not been disqualified but I did let them know that I got Lasik done. For me, 10/17/19 will be my 90 days post op and I will be contacting them for any forms for my updated vision test. My CASS shows that the medical is pending but I have not been disqualified. If I do get disqualified, I will simply reapply. That's the plan anyway.

I asked your exact question to the medical team and they couldn't give me a concrete answer. Apparently, some people get disqualified and some don't. My uncorrected vision was 20/400 so I got mine done.

Be proactive and get it done if you need it. If you get disqualified you just apply again and everything will transfer over.

Side note: I'm seeing in 20/15 now. It's amazing.
              Last edited by 2ndGenFed; 08-05-2019, 03:27 PM.

• TheArcher
              TheArcher commented
              Editing a comment
              2ndGenFed I'm going to have to get PRK, so its a 180 day wait. I figure I'll just workout and save my money in the mean time.

• UPDATE! 18-3

GOT THE CALL FINALLY!

EOD: November 18 (EWR)
            Academy: December 4 to April 18
            Port: Originally JFK but I asked for Newark, NJ and got it.

Ports offered: Douglas, Lukeville, Nogales, and San Luis, AZ; and Calexico, CA with 33% incentive
            Also JFK
            She was going to mention others but stopped when I asked for Newark and they offered it to me.

Official time in the process 1 year and 8 months. Thanks to all here who have been so helpful, I will see all the brothers and sisters with same academy dates down in FLETC!

Comment

• drtx
              drtx commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats!!!! Been a long time coming!!!

• Ak47operator
              Ak47operator commented
              Editing a comment
              Still waiting on the drug test schedule call... 18-3 here

• Dezada74
              Dezada74 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations! Looks we like we will be there around the same time.

• raudy06
              raudy06 commented
              Editing a comment
              Than you all, it is without a doubt a great feeling to go back in CASS and see it at a 100%.

• Just wondering.. For people without Provisional how long did it take to clear your BI after meeting with the investigator? I met with him in December. Patience is running out

Comment

• FutureCBPO95
              FutureCBPO95 commented
              Editing a comment
              I met with my investigator back in October, and it didnt clear till last month. Just live your life, and leave CBP in the background. The time will come.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Good gods, I'm 15 months in already and my background just started. I bet it would be another 12 months before my background finished. I only have 1 job in the last 13 years, only live in 1 state but been traveling a lot.

• Nousername1
              Nousername1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I met with investigator late October 2018 and still in progress. Im 18-6, hopefully it clears soon.

• Yongky Sunyoto
              Yongky Sunyoto commented
              Editing a comment
              just wondering about the overtime work, once we reached the cap overtime,isnt the work time be reduced to 40 hour again? or we need to work more then that?

• anyone have info on the following ports-

San Francisco, Queens, Buffalo, Alexandria Bay, Los Angeles, and Baltimore.

Comment

• raudy06
              raudy06 commented
              Editing a comment
              what kind of info? can you be more specific?

• dangerr101
              dangerr101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Morale?
              which has least forced ot?
              which is a wanted port so can swap later?

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              They're offering those particular ports for good reasons.

Morale is pretty much bad everywhere.
              Forced overtime depends almost as much on the shift one works as the port. Stay away from southern border ports and the largest airports to avoid forceouts. I'd say Buffalo, A-Bay, maybe Baltimore off that list.

See the first sentence. None of those ports are highly desirable to others. Buffalo probably is the best of a bad lot here.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
              Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
              Editing a comment
              I dont work at A-Bay so I cant speak for Morale, but Its listed on the CBP.gov as one of the critical hire locations. So until they get more body's I would assume plenty of OT to be had.

Now having lived in the area for 10 years I can tell you it's a love it or hate it place. If you like city life it's not for you, Watertown is the closest city (30 min south of the Canadian border) and it's not big. Fort Drum, also in the area has probably 20-25 thousand Soldiers and family members that drive the local economy. Closest large city is Syracuse and that's about an hour south of Watertown. If you like a less warm climate and snow, I have great news there is plenty and winter is freezing. Average winter brings 114 inches of snow, yes almost 4x the US average. In 2007 it snowed 146 inches in two weeks it took earth movers and construction equipment to re open
              I81. Winter temps average between 9 and 34 degrees Fahrenheit but do get much colder, in 2017 we hit a record -32f in December.

Its quiet. Hunting and fishing are great.

Its NY, taxes are ridiculous.

But it is my preferred place to start, but only because I own a house here and it will make for an easy transition from my current job.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

• Any one have any information on Houlton Maine? IE: schedule, Morale, OT, Area ( good place to raise kids,things to do, etc)?

Comment

• Has anyone else got this on their medical page ?? It says hire :-D
              Attached Files

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
                BenGrynsztajn commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine said "Further Evaluation" but that's because of a car accident back in 2013-2014. Still cleared medical without additional documents.

• Albax0385
                Albax0385 commented
                Editing a comment
                So do you think this means I'm clear ? I never had an accident or any surgery

• BenGrynsztajn
                BenGrynsztajn commented
                Editing a comment
                Albax0385 should be fine, I say should be because there are no guarantees. It all depends on who’s desk you file lands on

• Coderedpl
                Coderedpl commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine says further evaluation as well, probably due to my car accidents as well but the doctor there told me I'm good to go.

• Hey Everyone!

Anyone know the process for a CBP Officer switching from one airport to another once they join? Goal is to join JFK if given the chance and possible switch to Dulles down the years.

Comment

• Albax0385
                Albax0385 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here, I want to join JFK and transfer to PA or NJ in a few years, I would like to buy a house in the future and NYC is just too expensive.

• BenGrynsztajn
                BenGrynsztajn commented
                Editing a comment
                If you take a port with bonus pay you are locked in for 3 years (could be wrong on that lock in period). I’m not quite sure the transfer process, my guess would be putting your name on a list and waiting for an opening or possibly quicker if they accept mutual transfers.

• bigal.
                bigal. commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to know

• ES90
                ES90 commented
                Editing a comment
                There are a few options you have to switch ports:
                Transfer- Occasionally transfers will open up for specific ports that Officers off OJT and a specific grade can apply for. I'm not sure of the exact requirements and eligibility but I imagine seniority is taken into account.

NROB- An Officer can put there name in a pool for a chance to be selected by seniority to go to any Port that has openings. If you get an offer you must take it or be bared from using NROB. If you take the offer you can't transfer again for 2 years.

Port swap- If you're an Officer at IAD that wants to go to LAX and an LAX Officer wants to go to IAD you can request a swap.

There's a couple other ways, but they require you to get to NTC or Pre-Clearence first.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8167 users online. 394 members and 7773 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X