300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-8 ,
    Took my poly today, 5hrs total, examiner was nice and professional. I didn't get a pass, a fail, or inconclusive... Was told result looks ok to him, he will send it up, up to QC to make the call, if any part needs to be retest, he will call me back for that part. Does it sound good and promising? I mean if I failed, he should definitely tell me right there and then right?
    I was so tired after 5hrs, just wanted to get outta there.. should have asked him more about result....
    Now I have to wait few days to 2 weeks for results? ahhh.....
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 07-31-2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds great for me. I am 18-8 too, still waiting for the call or email to schedule the poly.
      Good luck!!

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      you didn't pass or fail, that's what they usually tell everyone. QC has the final say.
      If they want to clear up some anomalies they'll call you back for a second session which will be more focused on those parts.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw some people posted they got "verbal pass"... I didn't get that so I was just wondering...

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      It all depends on the polygraph examiner. Based on what he said, it sounds like you passed. "Quality Control" usually doesn't contradict the examiner's findings.

• Any updates on the 19-3 here? Im at 50% waiting on the polygraph.

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      VRA-19-3 here, equip has been sent up as last week to BI, my polygraph waiver has been submitted and approved, but doesnt show on CASS, and SI in 2 weeks
      CASS: 38%
      Pmag015

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO 19-3 regular announcement. apply for LAX still waiting for poly here as well. sitting at 50%. recruiter told me they are pack with applicants from the shutdown so she told me to wait patiently Pmag015

• dalan
      dalan commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there another LAX recruiter email instead of the [email protected], you be [email protected]

• drtx
      drtx commented
      Editing a comment
      Same 19-3 passed SI on 4/2.... been waiting for poly since!

• Does anyone have gouge on Seattle or SFO? trying to decide between the two and if the bonus pay is worth the increased taxes and living costs. Thank you!
    CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
    Eqip: done
    PFT1: 11/08/2018
    Medical: 10/30/2018
    SI: 12/11/2018
    Poly: 4/15/2019
    Poly 2: 5/22/2019
    Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
    Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
    BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
    BI Meet: 06/24/2019
    PFT2: 06/26/2019
    Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
    Referred: 07/03/2019
    Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
    PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
    BI check: 10/15/2019
    Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
    EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP, do you know how many hours the shifts are there? I'm expecting airport for a while till senior enough to bid for seaport..... But you might be on to something there!

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Talonderiel I have no idea about the shift hours. I was just interested in SEA because of the areas, beautiful, nicer weather than FL, lot of stuff to do around, and cheaper than SFO. I'm looking to go for airport for now too..

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sea ports doesn’t typically have any ot. This is stated from every instructor on FLETC

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1, thank you! I've heard that from the recruiters. I was also told that because of the set hours of a seaport, usually only senior guys bid for it. I'd like to maybe work a little of each (land, sea, air). Good thing of being single, is that I'll be able to take some of the multiple TADs that come up a year. :P

• Can anyone who is waiting for medical to clear/has cleared medical with a rating from the VA, PM me please.

My process has gone fast so far (applied to the 19-3 fast track announcement), but I now feel like medical might take a while.
    Last edited by R89; 07-31-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I do 70%, got mines cleared, even with depression, va pyhsic sign off on it

• R89 I have a VA rating and I have been dealing with medical since september of last year. This whole process is extremely frustrating. I am waiting for my background to be adjudicated and my medical to be greenlit so that I can be hired and beg to be put at Long Beach Seaport

Comment

• ABNRGN18
      ABNRGN18 commented
      Editing a comment
      What rating ? Any ptsd? Or sleep apnea or things like that ? I also got a rating however I have full range of motion and all my rates injuries

• camtheman77
      camtheman77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Im not going to but my stuff out there but its above 50%, and I was a line medic who got blown up lol so ill just put that out there. I really dont have any symptoms that interfere with the job though, and I got medical documentation saying that.

• R89
      R89 commented
      Editing a comment
      camtheman77 I sent you a PM with more of an explanation, because i didn’t want to put all my stuff out here either.
      Dang, that’s a long time to be dealing with medical, I can’t believe it takes that long. Guess it’s even longer since we have a rating from the VA. Have you done any other parts of the hiring process? I’m under the understanding that medical has to be cleared to do poly.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I got 70% disability and with depression my va doc sign off and medical cleared me. Hopefully i gave yall hope

• Hi folks. I recently withdrew my 19.2 app at the BI phase as I accepted a local leo offer. Moving forward, if I ever wanted to reapply, I know the SI is good for 3 years but med and PFT is 1 year correct? Regarding med, is it 1 year from when you had your exam or from when med actually cleared med review? Thanks!

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I only had to do the pft. I believe poly and medical is good for 2 years.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Out of curiosity why didn't you keep the application active with the anticipation of reapplying? The process assuming you haven't even hit poly would take another year if i had to guess.

• NYJRM10
      NYJRM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Two reasons went into the decision. The first was that the port selected on my application was no longer realistic due to the cost of living. It wouldn't be possible to relocate there any longer.

The second reason, and the primary reason, was that I ran the risk of having a BI reach out to my CO's before I even graduated the academy. That would not be a good look and in the event I did not get an offer from CBP, I know there would be many unhappy with that.

The port I want is still on the August posting so I'm contemplating just resubmitting another app for that and allowing my previous milestones to transfer.

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you Withdraw your application?

• Hey guys does anyone have an email for the polygraph unit? If anyone does that would be greatly appreciated. See I took and passed my poly back in May of 2018. I reapplied in May of this year. Everything transferred over but poly. I'm just trying to see what the hold up is seeing I already passed it. Thanks.

Comment

• MrAce Im 17-10 with an academy date of this sept. It was a long process and there is no cookie cutting hiring track. It is a large fed agency and there are tons of moving parts. Just be patient and I would contact your area recruiter and he can look you up to see what’s going on ( that’s what I did) He will likely tell you it’s just a waiting game but he could see if there is an issue.

Comment

• @ 19-2 announcement for JFK port. Just wondering if anyone received a call or email about polygraph exam. I am in 16 plus weeks from SI. Any feedback or thoughts.

Comment

• Ix360xI
          Ix360xI commented
          Editing a comment
          Why such a long wait? Isn’t JFK supposed to be a big port?

• jjsince97
          jjsince97 commented
          Editing a comment
          Had my SI in June . From what it looks like is that theres a lot of people waiting for their poly right now and they are backed up from the shutdown. My friend had her SI in February and still no call! Everything else prior to the poly is complete. **** sucks.

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          Each poly session is like 5 hours long, very few examiners and hundreds if not thousands of applicants in NY/NJ area. I would not be surprised if one examiner does 6-8 polygraphs a week.

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          NYC area is loaded with applicants as I was told by a CBPO at my interview. Expect to wait 6 months I except to have a poly date myself by December or January. Hope to see you all on board.

• CBPO VRA GS-9 19-8
        NOR: 5/14/2019
        Exam: Waived
        PFT1: 06/04/2019 Reciprocity for Air Force test
        SI: 6/11/2019
        EQIP: Green from previous BPA VRA 19-3 (Submitted to OPR 03/29/2019)
        Med: 3/18/2019 under BPA 19-3 - additional vision information needed/green 06/03/2019
        Poly: Waived
        BI: Suitable on 07/25/2019
        Drug Test: Took 07/30/2019
        Request for official transcripts/referred to TSU: 07/30/2019
        The Call: ??

Hoping to leverage the VRA announcement to get Houston, we'll see how that goes.

Comment

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          MattCBP it isn't green, it's been pending the whole process - the email I received said to just keep the waiver on hand in case I was contacted.

• TheArcher
          TheArcher commented
          Editing a comment
          MattCBP Pardon, but what is CASS?

• jvitela24
          jvitela24 commented
          Editing a comment
          My Poly is getting waived too since I got a passing one last year from BPA. Since we don't have to do the Poly does our application jump straight to the background check with an investigator? Haven't heard anything since I passed my SI back in 5/23/19

• Stevent518
          Stevent518 commented
          Editing a comment
          TheArcher it’s an app you can download to track your progress of the whole hiring process

• CBPO VRA GS-5 19-10
        Applied - 7/22/2019
        Entrance Exam results - 7/30/19
        Tentative job offer - 7/31/2019

What comes next? I've got an application for Border Patrol also, the CBP seems to be moving much faster.

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          should be getting an email to start working on your EQIP, and emails to set medical or PT test.

• GS9 LAX 19-6
        finally got my polygraph date
        August 6th 2019

Comment

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where you at in the process

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          Keee562 i am at 50% now. i am waiting for my polygraph to be scheduled.

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should be getting a call soon. I’m at 50% too

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Original Announcement 18-12 GS9
          Reapplied to Announcement 19-6 GS-9
          Appiled: March 2019
          Fitness Exam: Completed September 2018
          Euip Sent to OPR: April 2019
          Medical Exam: Completed May 2019
          Structured Interview: Completed September 2018
          PolygraphPending) was told to get a call next month been waiting since April
          Background InvestigationIn Progress)
          Drug TestIn Progress)
          Final OfferPending)

CBP Background Investigation Unit number:‭(952) 857-2914‬

• Didn't pass my polygraph. I'm a Vet with a security clearance. To say I'm disappointed would be accurate. I thought this was gonna be the job for me.

Says I can reapply in 2 years. Is that 2 years from when I first applied or from when I took the poly?

Comment

• TheArcher
          TheArcher commented
          Editing a comment
          pnw360 what happened man? Get too nervous or something?

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          pnw360 I’m sorry to hear that. They didn’t even give you an option to retake it? I would go see if you can try to appeal it.

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 you can't appeal it

• pnw360
          pnw360 commented
          Editing a comment
          TheArcher no more nervous than anybody else would be. He was convinced that I was lying about something.

• Is the drug test separate from the medical? I had to pee in a cup during my medical when I took it a month or so ago. Or is the drug test portion a separate process altogether?

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Drug test is the last step so yes is separate. idk why they had you pee in a cup during medical.

• Originally posted by Stevent518 View Post
        Is the drug test separate from the medical? I had to pee in a cup during my medical when I took it a month or so ago. Or is the drug test portion a separate process altogether?
        Yes. **** test during the medical is for health stuff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8875 users online. 450 members and 8425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X