Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how long it takes to finish the Background check? I’ll meet my investigator next week, can anyone share the experience on meeting with the investigator?

Comment

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      duocbpo my background check only took 1 week to complete once I met with the BI it's been about 2 weeks now since he submitted it so now I'm just waiting for it to clear.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      After meeting with investigator 10 months ago my background still not completed. 3 employers in the past 10 years, lived in the same city most of my life. Fairly simple background IMO.

• TheArcher
      TheArcher commented
      Editing a comment
      On the job history, how far back are you going? am I going to have to go back to like 2005 when I was sacking groceries in high school, or is it like 7 years?

• duocbpo
      duocbpo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you guys, hopefully it won’t take too long.

• 19-2

I missed a random 323 call this morning, smh and i didn’t have my voicemail set up ughhhhh.. Do they work on Saturday? And I’m missing my Drug test! Do they send a conformation email for the drug test l?

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I have gotten calls on a Saturday from opr

• What does it mean when your bi is in IA intake? Never heard that terminology before.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      Never heard anyone mention that in the hiring process and I’m taking a guess here that IA stands for Internal Affairs

After some google searches:

IA intake means internal affairs. It’s basically another way of saying your case is with OPR personnel security division. They have several divisions within OPR including the credibility assessment division (CAD), Personnel Security Division (PSD), etc. The CAD is in charge of scheduling and conducting the polygraph and the PSD is responsible for screening potential new hires for suitability by reviewing your E-Qip, your polygraph results, facilitating the field portion to verify stuff and they make the adjudication decision.

It’s hard to Figure out where your case is once it’s at IA intake. It’s such a generic answer. It could be months before your case has gone through the committees and is ready for an actual adjudicator to sit down and make a final decision once all the information is gathered.
      Last edited by BenGrynsztajn; 07-27-2019, 01:08 PM.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I figured. Just never heard it worded that way. I've already taken my poly so. We will see what happens.

• I applied the GS5/7 last August, and I only submitted my transcript from my master’s degree, so they told me they can only put me on GS5 because they need the transcript (GPA 3.0 from Bachelor’s degree). If I want to be consider as GS7, then I need to retake the entrance exam. Now i’m In the background check step, but i’m still debating if I should reapply for GS7.

Any ideas or suggestions? The big difference would be the starting salary, right?

Comment

• Seminoles44
      Seminoles44 commented
      Editing a comment
      A $10,000 difference in starting pay is worth it one would think.

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're GPA is 3.00 or higher you should reapply, that's what got me G7 TO

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you not have the combination of work experience?

• Hoping for my DT to clear this week. Itll be three weeks since I took my DT!

Comment

• Latest news. Went the VRA route. Thought that I would have chances to ask which states had openings and choose states I can work at. I was shut down from.the beginning. I was told I would have to reapply and see if anything opens later on but as of right now they need people in California and Texas. Waited 9 months for this offer thinking the VRA ROUTE WAS THE BEST. Anyone who just chose a place did you get the same answer. Only south border
      Last edited by Mcabezas; 07-28-2019, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        Mcabezas I can't speak for VRA announcement, but just reapply to the regular announcement. Everything will transfer over quickly and you'll get a call offering ports within a month.

• Mcabezas no, I got what I wanted and then they listed what else is available near me. I applied VRA and direct hire and they convinced me to take the direct hire because your probation is one year and with VRA it is two.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the probation time for a regular announcement.

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        On both of the job listings it says the same blurb. You may have to complete a 1 year probation but the agency can require longer. I can't see how they would make veterans serve a longer period than people who apply through the regular one.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What port did you select?

• Hal29 BowMan2006 they told me its two years so if it doesn’t work out for you, they will help place you in another federal job. Something along those lines.

Comment

• Hal29 BowMan2006 they told me its two years so if it doesn’t work out for you, they will help place you in another federal job. Something along those lines. They also sent me basically a contract that you sign stating
        Attached Files

Comment

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is kind of crazy two year probation period. I guess its nice that they help you find something else though if it doesnt work out.

• This is what they sent
        Attached Files

Comment

• Wouldn’t let me post the pic of this

TRIAL PERIOD STATEMENT FOR VETERANS’ RECRUITMENT APPOINTMENT (VRA)
          I understand that this appointment in the excepted service is a training opportunity and is intended to continue for a two-year period. The trial period is the final step in the examination process of a new employee. Upon satisfactory completion of this two-year trial period, I will be noncompetitively converted to a career-conditional or career appointment as appropriate.
          I understand that if my performance or conduct is not satisfactory or if I fail to complete any required training, my employment will be terminated in accordance with the procedures set forth in Title 5 Code of Federal Regulations Section 315.804 or Section 315.805.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            So can you still get promotions and pay raises during that period?

• BenGrynsztajn
            BenGrynsztajn commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal29 I found this info on pay scale raises(steps)

There are 10 pay steps for each grade and when you move up a step it is called a within-grade increase. Within-grade increases are based on performance ratings at the fully successful level or higher. Temporary and SES employees are not eligible for within-grade increases. Minimum waiting periods for within-grade increases are:

Steps Minimum Waiting Period
            2, 3, and 4 52 weeks
            5, 6, and 7 104 weeks
            8, 9, and 10 156 weeks
            A new waiting period begins when:
            It is the first appointment in the Federal service.
            There is a break in service for more then 52 weeks.
            There is an equivalent increase such as a promotion.
            There is excess Leave Without Pay.
            Doesn't state anything about not earning raises while on probation.
            Last edited by BenGrynsztajn; 07-28-2019, 05:42 PM.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe you go up or should go up each level after a year in each level. 5, 7, 9 and so on. At least on the hiring posting it shows that. So that makes sense.
            Last edited by Hal29; 07-28-2019, 07:51 PM.

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal29, yup a VRA still goes up each 52 weeks on the job.... they just are in a different hiring category during to program authorities (money sources).

• Hal29 its the same promotion cycle

Comment

• Any LEO's in here. Just curious on how much time you currently have or had before going over to CBP. Do you guys think its worth it? Retirement,work load, etc

Comment

• ES90
              ES90 commented
              Editing a comment
              OFO is better pay(Sunday diff, 2x OT), better retirement, better hours etc. That being said, for the guys and gals looking for constant action OFO isn't for you. If you're still looking to run people down or go hands on every shift go BP or local PD. OFO workload is mostly administrative stuff and case work with some craziness sprinkled on top.

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              It really depends on the state/local position. Lots of state/local positions offer comparable salaries to OFO...if not better ones. A lot of state/local retirements are better as well...especially the better managed ones. OFO probably has better overtime rates(2X) and differentials than most...but most ports don't support huge amounts of overtime...and differential shifts are an advantage only to the person who desires to work midnight, Sundays and holidays...so if the selling point on OFO is 2X overtime overtime and differentials...cherrypick your port wisely.

• bigal. LEO here. I have more than 14 years between State and FED LEO experience. CBP’s from the perspective of Salary, Benefits and Retirement, is a GIG!!

Comment

• I got 2 hrs before my polygraph starts, i was nervous all the days before, now thats gone, im ready

Comment

• Hal29
                Hal29 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a tactic they use to try to get you to confess to something or bring up an old incident that may trigger you inro saying something. It's an interrogation. At least my first one was.

• Hou33guy
                Hou33guy commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah i didnt budged, i stood firm so we shall see. At most another test with a different person

• Hal29
                Hal29 commented
                Editing a comment
                Was it at the office in irving?

• Hou33guy
                Hou33guy commented
                Editing a comment
                No sir it wasnt

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7308 users online. 373 members and 6935 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X