300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be a silly question, please excuse me

I am in the process with CBP and have completed the written exam, PT test, SI and medical - if I apply to Border Patrol, will any of that carry over or are we talking two separate (unrelated) hiring processes? Thank you

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe everything but the PFT will transfer, BPA uses a 14” step and not a 12” step like CBPO

Just a guess

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      The computer test and SI are different, too.

• Danieldv9
      Danieldv9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Only the medical transfers over, and once you do the polygraph and background investigation that will transfer also... I did both applications as well

• Has past my poly!! Excited for what’s next! Georgia here I come

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, MsBeth! Hopefully your BI and drug test come quick!

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Im trying to get Georgia as well!!, either Savannah Airport or the Sea port there, did they offer those two for you ? MsBeth

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt the only way you have a chance for those 2 spots is if you went the vra route

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I went the VRA route
      19-3 VRA announcement, have you heard or know anyone who got those ports as a new VRA applicant ? douglasgene1

• Any 18-11? Hows the process for you guys?

Comment

• For those of you, who have been through the Med review process. Do any of you know who MRO is? I reached out to them via email about my file's status and they said "Your file is currently under review with the MRO". I have a feeling it means Medical Review Officer, but just curious.

Comment

• Can someone who recently took the fitness test enlighten me here.
      ​​​​​If I'm not mistaken the requirements are just as listed on the website correct?

So as long as we get the numbers there we're good?

I saw their video but it mentions you being scored and having to reach the minimum score.

From what I see it's: 20 sit-ups / 12 push-ups (in a minute each)
      and then the step test for 5 mins.

Doesn't mention the lifting part or side step anymore.

Never really practiced the step test but should be relatively ok to do no?

Comment

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do not sleep on the step test as BowMan2006 said practice I did the same thing practiced the step test for 4 weeks and when I went to take it I passed. Gotta put the time into it. Take 4days off before you take it so your body will be refreshed when its fine. You get 3-4mins in between my pushups were with the block, situps the examiner stood on my feet while I did mine and the step test was good. Step test depends on the person but if you dont practice and it gets you by surprise you will fail. You can download the actual beep audio from the CBP website and practice with it. I practiced with a 11inch stepper and passed.

• Coderedpl
        Coderedpl commented
        Editing a comment
        BowMan2006 Thanks
        BenGrynsztajn I see the minimum but no mention of scores anymore.
        V_AntCBP good tip, that's what I plan on doing.
        fort1978 will definitely be running to the gym tomorrow and setup a 12 inch step with the audio file.

I just got the email to schedule the fitness before I made the post, so I'm estimating ill probably have 2 weeks for practice

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        When I completed my PFT test 6 weeks ago I was stopped after the required number of push ups and sit ups.
        I also didn't practice the step test what so ever and passed it. Sounds so silly but just keep stepping. If you have a treadmill at home, they're typically 10-12 inches off the ground and you can use that. The pace is very do able.

• BenGrynsztajn
        BenGrynsztajn commented
        Editing a comment
        PA_Ed I used the side of my bathtub to practice lol, 14” which is the BPA requirement but I didn’t want to risk it

• Has anyone ever heard of drug tests taking 2 weeks for results? It's been two weeks and I havent heard anything yet

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        it will be a week for me tomorrow, still waiting.

• FutureCBPO95
        FutureCBPO95 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my drug test on the 10th. Assuming it was overnight shipping, it got to its destination on the 11th. And it got cleared on the 19th. So your test was on the 11th, got there on the 12th, and if its 9 days as well, you should be getting cleared by tomorrow.

• 18-8. 1 year since SI. Waiting 1+ year to take a poly that people fail for no reason. What a great hiring process.

Comment

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here bro, my thoughts exactly... drives me nuts dude

• Background Investigation field completed 12/18
      Email from OPR requesting additional Information and indicating my background is in final adjudication phase 6/14/19
      ..... still waiting for my adjudication....

Comment

• You guys weren't kidding about the step test. Oof

Good thing I have some days to practice, did relatively well, but if it was the test wouldn't pass, could be not enough rest from last few days of running, legs are shot

Comment

• 18-2 announcement

i got the call fellas,

eod nov 5, 2019msp

fletc : Nov 21, 2019 - apr 3, 2020

Comment

• MattCBP
            MattCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you Direct hire or VRA? FutureCBPO95

• FutureCBPO95
            FutureCBPO95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talonderiel when you get the call, ask by regions and see what options they have. MSP was my third option. So i gladly took the spot. Look for places that wont eat up all of your income on rent.

• FutureCBPO95
            FutureCBPO95 commented
            Editing a comment
            MattCBP , i applied under a regular announcement. Nov 2017.

• FutureCBPO95
            FutureCBPO95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also guys, when i applied it was to work at the northern border. When i got the call, none of those places were mentioned. I was told whatevers available basically. If not, I'd be in Oroville, Washington LOL

• 19-1 DH, just took the poly earlier today and got a verbal pass! Hopefully quality control gives me that green checkmark. The whole thing took about four and half hours.

Comment

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            sounds like my experience, i got a call two days after from my examiner saying QC approved. Congrats.

• Hey fellas,
          So I took my Polygraph last week on Tuesday I received a verbal Pass... I started doubting about passing since Ive noticed everyone gets a heads up pretty quickly by QC, I received a call today from the same polygrapher saying QC wants me to retake it... I´ll have to retake it in two weeks we´ll see how that goes... Any way I feel bummed out because you get your hopes up a bit hearing the polygrapher saying you pass. I´ve seen posts where people have asked before... but for anyone who got a Pass and had to retake the poly due to QC do they concentrate on whatever it is that they feel you didnt pass or do they do the whole thing entirely? any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
            BenGrynsztajn commented
            Editing a comment
            Based on what I’ve been seeing people post, going back for a second polygraph is usually to clear up a few things and is generally a lot quicker

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            zaad same thing happened to me. I took my polygraph and month ago and received a verbal pass. Then I received an e-mail saying I needed to go back and retest. Got a verbal pass again the second time and 3 days later had a check mark on my CASS.

And yes the second time they just focused on whatever QC says to focus on. First time my polygraph was about 3 hours second time was 1 1/2.
            Good luck and keep us posted.

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing makes sense about why people have to go back a second time. The entire poly is a sham mind game... no science to it

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            zaad, I got a verbal pass from the Examiner, but was told that QC will prolly kick it back for some "static" .... and sure enough they did. I came back for the 2nd one and went through the entire process again.

I have been told by several Examiners, as I've done a few polys now, that my natural breathing looks suspicious and causes inconclusive results.

The most I can advise is listen to the examiner and just be as honest/consistent as you have been. The important thing is that you can sleep well at night knowing that you were honest.

• Anyone have to go to an audiologist about asymmetrical hearing? I never had a hearing problem in my life. During the hearing test though all I could hear was my heart beating so I am wondering if that affected it? Also once you get it checked out how long until they clear you. I know the poly is a longggg wait. I just do not want this delaying it further.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
            BenGrynsztajn commented
            Editing a comment
            you must clear medical before being scheduled for poly.

I had to retake my audio test, but I redid it the same day, turned out they gave me a button to click that wasn't even plugged in outside the box. the girls in the office thought I might be deaf for a min lol

focusing on the sound of your heartbeat will make it harder to hear the beeps, try to ignore it.
            Last edited by BenGrynsztajn; 07-23-2019, 03:54 PM.

• BowMan2006
            BowMan2006 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome glad to hear its not a big deal my heart dropped when I got the email. Earliest appointment is this Friday hoping everything goes well so I just move right along to the waiting line.

• Reposted above via comment

Comment

• Got two apps going

BPA VRA 19-10, just took entrance exam today.

CBPO VRA 19-10, taking entrance exam Thursday

Few questions, anyone know if having a bachelors or combat time is an bonus? I've got the 10 preference points, but I'm not sure how much being .mil actually helps you.

Also, on the SI, what exactly goes on?

Lastly, at medical, I have horrible uncorrected vision but 20/20 corrected. I had a waiver for the service and completed overseas tours, will they care about this?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• TheArcher
              TheArcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Alright, thanks. I read that having one ding on your vision test won't necessarily disqualify you, was hoping someone had any info or experience with getting through med like that.

• BenGrynsztajn
              BenGrynsztajn commented
              Editing a comment
              It's hard to say about the vision, it all depends how you do at the exam, and who is reviewing your file when it hits CHS's desk for approval. Some people have passed being out of required range, some people had to redo their vision tests just being slightly out of the range.

• TheArcher
              TheArcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, seems from reading other people's experiences that a lot of this process is luck of the draw on who looks at your files.

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              Your Bachelors, Military Experience and Veteran's Preference is accounted for when they close the job announcement and then determine who gets "referred" or deemed "ineligible."

Your Military Experience and Educational Experience may qualify you to be referred for the gs-7 or gs-9 position based on time spend with each, but you had to apply to the announcement. If you applied to a gs-5/7 announcement and they deemed you eligible for a gs-7, then that's what they'll onboard you as. If you qualify for the gs-9, then you have to submit an application to the gs-9 announcement.

SI is an awesome structured interview process, in my opinion. They tell you everything you need to know before you sign the Non-Disclosure Act (NDA). If you have ever done an oral board in the military, you are fine. Just listen, think and then respond.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6412 users online. 345 members and 6067 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X