300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening guys

I recently got DQed due to color deficiency because I failed the Ishihara & Lanthony D-15 tests. Does that mean I can never apply again?
    If I apply again, will I get a chance to redo the color vision test?

All advice / suggestion are welcome. TIA

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can reapply to the next announcement as far as I know.

• Do the case managers work on Saturdays? My EQUIP account got lock, I don't understand I tried lower and upper case on my last name, and also use the word Unknown for city, anyone else had this issue and had to contact the case manager to unlock their account ?

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s possible, doesn’t hurt to try calling them. You should have your case managers direct number at the end of the Eqip email you received

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I just sent her an email hopefully she answers soon I have till the 25 to send my EQUIP :-/

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you download the pdf version of the sf-86? Get all the information ready so you can just refer to that when filling it out on eqip when you get it unlocked

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      BenGrynsztajn Yes I did thanks, I just need to input everything.

• MY e-QIP went from “under hrm review” to “in progress” what exactly does in progress mean & are there chances it can be sent back to me?

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      You’ll most likely get an email on Monday saying they need something updated and recertified

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      I updated and released the eqip yesterday after it was sent back to me after 2 months.

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      It should get assigned to a new case manager at HRM who’s going to review it and then send it off to OPR again.

• Anybody else at the academy sept 4?

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      What announcement and airport did you get ?

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hoping to be!! :P Sitting at 75% for the GS-9 19-9 application for about 2 weeks now. Hoping for a call this upcoming week.

• SpenserJ9
      SpenserJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hoping as well! Sitting at 75% GS 9-19 and did the drug test two weeks ago. Hoping for the call this week

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      SpenserJ9, I'll be crossing my fingers for you too!

• Have my SI in Dallas on Tuesday, wish me luck. I was stressing when I had my BOP interview 5 years ago but now I am really stressing lol I need to get out of the BOP.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      SI for CBPO or BPA? just relax, listen to the questions carefully (details), use common sense, teamwork, integrity, honesty, safety to answer those.. . watch some ep border war or border security Amrica's front line to get experience. you will be fine... good luck NeKro13

• NeKro13
      NeKro13 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP its for CBP. Thanks
      Last edited by NeKro13; 07-22-2019, 09:56 AM.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s easy bro, be logical

• MadameAshley douglasgene1 when I got the call they had slots for a month out and some even the same month. Nothing in the process is cookie cutter and is all different person to person. The worst thing to hear but best advise I think to give is to plan nothing until you get that call. That goes for people at 10%-90% completion on CASS. While it is irritating for some to be two years into the process and see others 6 months in and getting the call, they need to realize how many moving parts there are when hiring to the scale CBP does.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Krash777, you have definitely spoken some pieces of wisdom there!

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      They prob eased up on the time line, they are cranking out academy classes now. 6 classes are suppose to be in Georgia in the next 60 days. However for the most part everyone I’ve talked to has had a 5 month average.

• MattCBP 17-10 northern Idaho port.

Comment

• 18-3 Regular announcement- JFK

Just got an email that i re-cleared medical after sending my medical self certification form last Thursday. Now only waiting on the drug test to clear, i took that last Wednesday. Anybody knows how long it takes for that to clear?

Comment

• FutureCBPO95
        FutureCBPO95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey im 18-2, I took my drug test on the 10th and it cleared on the 19th.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        hey thanks for the insight FutureCBPO95.

• 19-1 CBPO Reg Hire at 38%

Lasik is done. I'm seeing at 20/15 now. And yes, it's amazing.

Medical never cleared for me and I found out that my uncorrected vision was the issue. I was 20/400 uncorrected and they wanted 20/100 or better. Lasik was done 07/19/2019 and I have to wait 90 days to get a new vision assessment done by my optometrist.

So 90 days for me is 10/17/2019. So my plan is to reapply in late September. Everything from my original announcement will transfer over. My PFT, Exam, SI and then with my new vision assessment and then hopefully I'll finally get my medical cleared so I can move onto the Poly.

Quite a lot to go through but not having to deal with glasses or contacts is pretty great.

And so the wait continues....but at least the view is better.

Comment

• I just accepted the final offer for Charleston, SC!

For those of you who are worried about pay matching they said they will 100% match current federal pay up to a max of step 10 within the grade you are hired at. As far as I know that is for current federal employee's.

Now time to look for a place to stay in Charleston, SC! EOD = Mid november, Glynco = December

Comment

• MattCBP
          MattCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey congratulations !!, did they offer you any of the ports in Georgia ?
          Achyuta

• Dezada74
          Dezada74 commented
          Editing a comment
          Achyuta Is your academy date December 2nd?

• Achyuta
          Achyuta commented
          Editing a comment
          Only place they offered me near the east coast was somewhere in Tennessee, did not ask where. I was told by a good source you can get Atlanta, GA / Savannah, GA at this time if you are firm with them. That's what I did with my pick. Pretty sure it is Dec 2nd for Glynco.

• MattCBP
          MattCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get Savannah !? Thats where im trying to go !? Achyuta
          Four people just got sworn into Savannah, Ga which is kinda upsetting because that means they probably going to be full capacity by time i get my final offer
          Last edited by MattCBP; 08-06-2019, 10:44 AM.

• Hi! First time Posting here!
        Normally, how much time they take to update the Medical status after take it?

Applied for CBPO GS9 19-9 on 6/24/2019
        TO on 7/3/2019
        Accept TO 7/3/2019
        EQIP on 7/9/2019
        SI on 7/17/2019
        Passed SI on 7/18/2019
        Medical on 7/22/2019
        Medical Results Pending....
        Physical Scheduled on 8/5/2019
        Physical Pending
        BI Pending
        Poly Pending
        Drug Test Pending

Comment

• BowMan2006
          BowMan2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took mine on 5/31/19 and it is still pending. I have seen people on here clear it in 1 to 2 weeks though. Probably depends on which region you are applying for though. I am from New York and I applied for JFK. The doctor at the medical place said that I passed everything, so I am thinking it is an administrative part that is holding it up.

• I didn’t lie on my Polygraph today and still failed. Good luck guys.

Comment

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          kingreem#11 they told you failed or inconclusive. Because I know someone who failed on something for serious crime and never got a chance to retest. If conclusive they give you another opportunity.
          Last edited by David1984; 07-22-2019, 07:28 PM.

• Originally posted by David1984 View Post
        CBPO GS-9 19-2 ( Regular Announcement)

I passed my polygraph on the second try and got the green check mark on my CASS today but have not received an email is that normal? I took it this past Tuesday so I was curious about the no email. Also how long is the wait for the drug test after passing the polygraph?

I’m in the same boat as you! Waiting to get contacted by the investigator.

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          MattyjayG, everyone seems to have a different level of email correspondence..... I never got an email saying I passed the poly's. Just got the verbals and then 2 - 3 weeks later, a check came.

• Hopefully I get a call back for a second attempt on the poly
        Last edited by kingreem#11; 07-22-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Ix360xI
          Ix360xI commented
          Editing a comment
          For what? PFT ?

• Once hired and at the academy do we carry tasers?

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          A training taser, which is just a plastic block.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Post-academy, taser carriage is usually determined on the port level. Some issue them to individuals, some ports have pool takers, some don't routinely offer them at all.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9041 users online. 286 members and 8755 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X