Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So question for those of you who have reapplied under a different announcement. I applied back in December, 2018 (19-2). Passed Entrance Exam, SI, Fitness Test, and received notice that my equip was submitted to OPR. However, my application was withdrawn because somehow they never received follow up docs regarding my medical.

I reapplied under 19-10 and everything has transferred over . Do I have to reregister for EQIP since in my previous application I already registered and it was released to OPR?

Or am I going to have to redo the background packet and wait for it to be released again to OPR?

Comment

• jdop7
      jdop7 commented
      Editing a comment
      You shouldn't need to redo the EQIP, it should transfer over to the new announcement.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      They will have you redo eqip but everything thing else will be saved on it. You just need to answer the yes or no questions and add anything new.

• CBPO 19-1 38%

Big day tomorrow.

I'm getting Lasik and then the 90 day wait begins before getting another vision assessment for CBP.

Not nervous or anything.

I'm excited to see without glasses and especially excited about not having to deal with irritating contacts.

The 90 days should go by pretty fast and I'll reapply in 09/19 and hopefully Medical will finally clear and then I can move onto the next step.

Perseverance is the key to all of us being successful.

Just keep pushing forward.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck. you will be fine, I did lasik twice in 14 years. It was scary for me to be in an OR but 10-15mins top, was quick, 2ndGenFed first time I went home took a nap and drove to a party, lol, still blurry little bit but able to drive, it was definitely life changing not having to wear glasses man.

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      @V_AntCBP

Hey I appreciate that. I'm really excited to be honest. It's not until noon today and I woke up early to train. And since I'm not supposed to wear my contacts I wore my glasses and ended up taking them off after they kept slipping off my face. Had a solid blurry workout. Just one last reminder of the 1st world struggle I've dealt with for most of my life.
      Last edited by 2ndGenFed; 07-22-2019, 02:16 PM.

• Just got the email that my e-qip has been re-released to OPR
    CBPO 19 - 7 Applied April, 16, 2019
    Competion: 50%

EQIP - Submitted 05-01-19
    EQIP - In Progress - Requested and Re-submitted 07-02-19
    EQIP - Released to OPR 07-03-19
    EQIP - Case Manager Reassignment (EQIP 07-09-19)
    EQIP - Re-Released to OPR 07-18-2019)
    Medical - Completed (05-02-19)
    Fitness - Completed (05-07-19)
    SI - Completed (06-14-19)
    Poly - Pending (Not Scheduled)
    BI - Pending
    Drug - In Progress (Not Scheduled)

CBPO 19-10 (DH - Southern Border)
    Completion: Same as Above

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike_lowrey I did select Queens as my preferred location but honestly, I wouldn't mind moving out of NYC.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      My eqip is still under hrm review my timeline seems to be 2-3 weeks behind you. Hopefully within 2-3 weeks my eqip is sent to opr. I’m jfk as well.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still waiting on my eqip to be released. BemGryn how long did your eqip sit with hrm before going to opt? I've passed everything else.

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 well it’s been back and forth between OPR me and HRM. I originally submitted it on 5/1/19

• On average how long does it take for cbp to review your medical follow up for a vision test?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Best of luck to you. In my case my vision is 20/20 but I struggled during the depth perception part of the medical exam luckily now I was able to pass at my optometrist. Hopefully my follow up medical results don’t take another 2 months.

• November11th
      November11th commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to know the same. Just redid my eye exam with my ophthalmologist today, I’m 20/80 without my glasses on and 20/20 with them on. Hopefully, I am cleared soon

• November11th
      November11th commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike_lowrey what was your depth perception results after you did the follow up? I mine was 200 arc whatever that means. My doctor didn’t seem to have an issue with it

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 20/20. When I took the medical at the cbp contracted facility the depth perception aspect of the exam gave me issues. At my optometrist I scored normal results. I’d assume based off that we should be good if the doctor deemed your depth perception to normal instead of abnormal.

• Lapantoja11 when I got the call, they went through both applications.

Comment

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Krash777 you mean that both application were on CASS and you could se the progress on both?

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      When you got the call did they offer any ports in Georgia ? Krash777

• applicantof2019 that makes sense because I had two different hiring authorities.

Comment

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      But, what about my exam results? Since i believe i took the exam prior to Aug 5 2018

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lapantoja11 you will have to retake the exam then. but that no biggie.

• When are the academy dates for CBP/customs?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Academy is always on going. They run multiple classes at a time.

• MadameAshley
      MadameAshley commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhhh. So if you got the call, you can start at the academy ASAP?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's usually a few months out from the call. You still need to do drug test, select location, eod and about 3-4 months before academy date.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      When they give you the “call” (the job offer) the academy is roughly 5 months later.

• Originally 19-6 but had to re-app to 19-7 due to poor resume writing. Prior NOR 4/22

Currently 38%

NOR 5/9/19

Eqip 5/16/19
    Re certify / update 7/19/19

MEDICAL 5/23/19
    Follow up for abnormal depth perception results 7/17/19
    Cleared 7/19/19

FITNESS 5/28/19
    Verbal pass
    Cleared 5/29/19

Structured interview 6/28/19
    Verbal pass
    Cleared 7/1/19

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      November11th Yes thankfully they did. It originally took 8 weeks for them to require more information on my vision, I got it done the same day and scanned the forms and sent it in.

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      My medical was cleared in just a little over a week.

• applicantof2019
      applicantof2019 commented
      Editing a comment
      what was your depth perception rating? that was my only weird thing during the medical but they still stated they think I passed it. I have never previously had an issue with depth perception but it was weird

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      applicantof2019 I’m not sure what my rating was but when I first took the medical exam at the contacted facility I knew I didn’t do well despite my vision being 20/20. Once they contacted me to follow up on my own with an optometrist I ended up passing with normal results. The initial test for my depth perception was definitely a strange one as well.

• image_16966.jpgraudy06 not yet, but I did receive an email from them! This is what they sent. I'm not exactly sure what it means, but it seems a long time for a drug test. It's been over a week

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they have a sub-contractor to perform the test and another sub-contractor to process the sample for results which would be a waste of time and money to me but you know how Gov works sometimes lol. Hopefully comes soon. I took my Wednesday. did you have to send the Medical self-certification?

• Lapantoja11
      Lapantoja11 commented
      Editing a comment
      SpenserJ9 How long did it took you BI to clear?

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lapantoja11 mine took from NOVEMBER 27 , 2018 until last week. took drug test this Wednesday

• I applied (BI packet) in Dec 18 (VRA), currently waiting on the BI to get finish and the drug test. I will be ETSing in JAN 2020 from the Army and I will like to have a smooth transition. Hopefully I get an EOD close to Jan 2020.

Comment

• Just got the call, EOD Nov 25th FLETC Dec 13th

Comment

• Do we receive emails on weekends or just weekdays?

Comment

• Currently with TSA (eod on jan 6th 2019), decided to go ahead and apply for CBP after talking to loads of guys at FLETC to get a better idea of which agency I wanted to work towards. Here's my current timeline, and really can't wait to see my CBP app get off of 0% completion lol.

19-9 gs7

Applied - 6/22/19

Entrance Exam - 6/27/19
        Passed EE - 6/28/19

Tentative Offer - 7/08/19

eQip Submitted - 7/09/19

Structured Interview - 7/16/19

Medical Exam - 7/18/19

Hoping to get the email this coming week to set up the physical.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did your eqip clear yet?

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Just says being reviewed by HRM staff. My eqip passed without issue when I joined TSA at the beginning of 2019 so hoping it clears just as quick this time (took about a month last time).

• Lapantoja11 i have no idea, I didn’t have to take the exam and yes, they both appeared on CASS.

Comment

• CBPO GS-9 19-2 ( Regular Announcement)

I passed my polygraph on the second try and got the green check mark on my CASS today but have not received an email is that normal? I took it this past Tuesday so I was curious about the no email. Also how long is the wait for the drug test after passing the polygraph?

Comment

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            I signed a provisional clearance so I believe I skip that step for now and move to the drug test. corsair Hal29

• Gdelgado0220
            Gdelgado0220 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s IF you got approved for the provisional clearance . Hopefully you did.

• Lapantoja11
            Lapantoja11 commented
            Editing a comment
            David1984 call recruiter this week and told me they were not providing provisional clearance, i did sign up for that as well and its been already 3 months a a half an nothin since i meet with investigator

• Bam2323
            Bam2323 commented
            Editing a comment
            why did they make you go a second time for the poly? was it rough the first time around?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11175 users online. 485 members and 10690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X