Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have tried digging through this thread to figure out how often the Academy starts for CBP. Does anyone know?
    Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
      So I have tried digging through this thread to figure out how often the Academy starts for CBP. Does anyone know?
      Seems to be one class a week. Sometimes 3 a month as far as I can tell.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        Seems to be one class a week. Sometimes 3 a month as far as I can tell.
        TY!
        Patience is a virtue

Comment

• sap123 sorry I havent got back to you. Will do soon! but to chime in on the money. Dude I've been in 6 years almost and I am already at 97K for YTD. So i will break 100K by Dec 31 I'm sure. I made 37K in OT alone in FY08. Thats doubletime, holiday pay, Sunday pay, and night diff for a part of the year. You can expect OT out the yang at all SW locations and all major airports. I can't speak for Northern Border Ports.

Comment

• CBP classes dominate the chow hall, the locker room, the mat rooms at FLETC right now. Although it has slowed down from what it was in 06 and 07. It was crazier then

Comment

• Sap123...dude go BP if you can over CBP They are really squared away and lots of opportunities for cooler TDYs and teams. Plus they are really big on merit and performance in the field in order to move up or around.

Comment

• OPM Pay Tables

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Depends on the locality pay. I know the gs-5 for detroit area last year was $31,000 give or take. Im sure cali gets more but dont know if its that much more. You may have been looking at step 10 or something instead of step 1.
                OPM has pay tables out on the web where you can find all the GS salaries by locality (cities).

Take that and tack on your 15 or 20 percent night diff if you want to work swings or mids respectively, tack on double time if you want to work all 12 (12?) federal holidays, and tack on 20 some odd Gs of OT you will actually bill the govnt and you went from a GS-5 with a base of 40 to like 70 somthing Gs your first year on the job. (This is all very rough! just a disclaimer)...oh yeah and time and a half for Sunday pay 52 Sundays!

Comment

• Hello all, first time posting, i just received all greens on cass qual gs-7 and was wondering what is the nest step now?... anyone know?? GEO Newark N.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                    Hello all, first time posting, i just received all greens on cass qual gs-7 and was wondering what is the nest step now?... anyone know?? GEO Newark N.J.
                    If you have everything checked off then all you have to do is wait for the call... if you would've gone a couple of pages back you would've seen the answer to your question....
                    Welcome to O.com and the Thread....
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      If you have everything checked off then all you have to do is wait for the call... if you would've gone a couple of pages back you would've seen the answer to your question....
                      Welcome to O.com and the Thread....
                      A lot of those today.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                        A lot of those today.
                        LOL...Indeed
                        CBPO

Comment

• Thanks Yoda...do you know how i can contact TSU to check the status on my location?

Comment

Thanks Yoda...do you know how i can contact TSU to check the status on my location?
                            You can call MHC to check up on your status...it's either one of these numbers... 612-467-7043 or 612-467-7027
                            One of these is for Receruitment/Examining and the other is MHC in general.
                            Last edited by yoda; 12-05-2008, 01:15 AM.
                            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by OVERCBPII View Post
                              sap123 sorry I havent got back to you. Will do soon! but to chime in on the money. Dude I've been in 6 years almost and I am already at 97K for YTD. So i will break 100K by Dec 31 I'm sure. I made 37K in OT alone in FY08. Thats doubletime, holiday pay, Sunday pay, and night diff for a part of the year. You can expect OT out the yang at all SW locations and all major airports. I can't speak for Northern Border Ports.
                              I can speak for the NB. There's little chance of capping out at most(read: smaller) NB ports. Theres also little chance of capping out at most of the interior(read: smaller) airports. Most of the seaports as well have limited OT.

In the 5 years I've been in, the most I've see for OT was 7.2K, the least...2.8K. My biggest salary(in a FY) was about 72K...that includes all diffs, holiday pay and the 7.2K in OT.
                              Last edited by merlin436; 12-04-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks Yoda...do you know how i can contact TSU to check the status on my location?
                                Check your PMs.

Also, OVERCBPII: Don't worry about not getting back to me, I realize you guys are pretty busy. Thanks for your insight!
                                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8270 users online. 246 members and 8024 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X