Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19-3, 9 weeks after first medical put on review, just cleared today. Now the long wait

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      xknuckles Your lucky man, I'm still waiting for medical to clear

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3 here as well, only at 25%
      Medical and Fitness test cleared only ? where you at so far ? xknuckles

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      50%. Waiting for poly now. MattCBP

• Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have withdrawn my interest in being a CBP Officer. I have accepted a job with a local law enforcement agency. I applied for this CBP position in December 2017 and had my background submitted by my BI in May 2019. Havent heard a peep since... so I am over the wait. YEEEEE

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck on your new position dannyboy33, having said that, you are at the end of tunnel literally, why are you giving up now, you can still work at your new job and wait for CBP. Its probably few more months before you get the call, then few more months before academy. But you are pretty much in, just matter of time now. CBP is way better than local PD in the long run, think about it again man,

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Good move, I’d take a local PD position over this job any day.

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe being a Police Officer will be much more vibrant career than CBP.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck bud. You can’t wait forever.

• 19 - 6 and still at 38%. Been three months and Equip still not sent to OPR. Is this normal?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im in the same exact boat, asking the same exact question.

• Stevent518
      Stevent518 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it depends on the need of where you apply. I applied to SWB and my eqip was sent to OPR about a week of so after I submitted everything.

• Does anybody know how I go about sending CBP my medical follow up paperwork from my optometrist. Do I mail it to them? It was filled out in person handwritten at the exam.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fellas. Just to be clear again so just take a picture and send it to my email & then forward it to them? I'm downloading the app Genius scan.

• FutureCBPO95
      FutureCBPO95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you'll see in the app after you take the picture, put it in black and white, and it lets you fix the edges. If its multiple pages, you can make it into a batch. When you send the file, make sure you send the whole batch, because sometimes ive sent just the cover page and then you gotta do it again.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank alot both of yall. I opted to use genius scan and turned out perfect sent the pdf to my email and renamed it with my name.

• FutureCBPO95
      FutureCBPO95 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish you the best in your process.

• Ok so I completed my drug test today and I'm submitting my medical self-certification soon and I have started to think about my port option (wohoo finally)
    So I live In Northern New Jersey and back when I applied there was only JFK available, but i have noticed that recently Newark opened and some people got it ( idk if it is still available) . I was thinking maybe I should ask if its available when i get my call.
    I know Newark its a smaller port but its relatively 20-30 min drive from my house which is convenient but what about available OT? how is the morale there? I often hear that Newark always has delays.

On the other hand, JFK i know for sure will have plenty of available OT, bigger port, and I dont hear negative things about it but its farther away from home. I will have to drive thru all the Manhattan traffic and more to make it to queens maybe an hour to an hour and 30-40 min with traffic ( not that i wont do it if it comes to that) but putting the both options side to side, which one will you pick? anybody that's from the area that understand what im talking about? or anybody OTJ already?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats Raudy to your success in this long process.. What announcement are you in. I am in 19-2 started it November 2018 awaiting to have my polygraph exam. Any advice or is it normal to be waiting this long for polygraph

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I'm announcement 18-3 , my process started back in December 2017 when i first applied, this is my only application and i have stuck with it. As you can see and I'm sure have read , this is a hurry up and wait process and After SI everything slows down. Back when I passed my SI the wait for my Poly was 4 months, I'm sure its more now. No waiting time is standard or normal, its case by case , depends on how complex your background is, and also the area you live (more demand and few examiners) there is lot of factors that play into it.

Also a big waiting for me was for my background to clear, from November 2018 until last week.
      My advice is, if you want it , stick thought it. Do everything they ask and try not to go to crazy thinking about the waiting time ( I know thats nearly impossible because i went through it) but just try to go with your normal life as much as you can and Good luck.

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      I also did my drug test today (after a flub on the technicians side). I picked Champlain, NY on my 18-6 announcement, but I want JFK. I'll be asking if it's available, nothing to lose.

• Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post

04/03/2019 Further medical documentation delivered to the processing office
    04/08/2019 Requested update on whether the processing office received my documentation
    04/09/2019 Received email from medical processing office stating it can take 2-3 business days to inpute documents into the system (yes, this was received 4 business days after it was delivered -_-)
    04/09/2019 Received email later in the day that they have received and uploaded my medical documents to the system
    ????????? Final medical clearance
    ????????? BI
    ????????? Drug test
    ????????? Final/offer/TSU/EOD, etc.

Note that I've been in the hiring process for 15 months and have not even passed medical yet.
    07/17/2019 Checked on my application and it is still in medical processing. I have been in the hiring process for 18 months without passing medical, no scheduled poly, and no scheduled BI
    ????????? Final medical clearance
    ????????? BI/Poly
    ????????? Drug test
    ????????? Final offer/TSU/EOD, etc.

Comment

• I want to apologize in advance if this question has been asked a million time. If I failed the PFT-1 will I get another shot at it? Thanks!

Comment

• Albax0385
        Albax0385 commented
        Editing a comment
        If I'm not mistaken they give you 6 weeks and you can reschedule it under the same application.

• BenGrynsztajn
        BenGrynsztajn commented
        Editing a comment
        Albax0385 You’re correct on that

“Applicants are provided one opportunity to retest.”

If you fail the retest you can apply to the next job announcement

• Ix360xI
        Ix360xI commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info everyone. My pft is next Monday just worry about the sit up believe it or not. On a good not just got a check for my medical today. Shocked

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        One time retest before they drop your application, my fitness is tomorrow @lx360xl I'm afraid of the step test. Its just simply hard. Been practicing but that step test is still killing my legs every time. The sit up and push up I got them. Will see tomorrow.

• dannyboy33 you will likely live to regret that decision. I definitely enjoyed some things as local LE but it gets old and getting 20 years out of it is tough. God speed to you and I hope you can get $650 out of an 8 hr overtime shift with your new agency.

Comment

• @Ix360xI
        CBPO 19 - 7 Applied April, 16, 2019
        Competion: 50%

EQIP - Submitted 05-01-19
        EQIP - In Progress - Requested and Re-submitted 07-02-19
        EQIP - Released to OPR 07-03-19
        EQIP - Case Manager Reassignment (EQIP 07-09-19)
        EQIP - Re-Released to OPR 07-18-2019)
        Medical - Completed (05-02-19)
        Fitness - Completed (05-07-19)
        SI - Completed (06-14-19)
        Poly - Pending (Not Scheduled)
        BI - Pending
        Drug - In Progress (Not Scheduled)

CBPO 19-10 (DH - Southern Border)
        Completion: Same as Above

Comment

• Spoke with a program manager yesterday, and he told me my drug test is going good and I should receive "the call" fairly soon and to keep my phone on me. Last week he told me its be this week, so the anticipation Is killin me lol

Comment

• Lapantoja11
            Lapantoja11 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also received a call like that like 1-2 months ago but he didnt gave a lot of info just ask me about the process and stuff like that.

• MattCBP
            MattCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            What locations did he speak to you about specifically ? Were any of them in Georgia ? SpenserJ9

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            SpenserJ9, what posts were listed? I'm doing research for my coming call and would like to be able to narrow down the searches. Lol

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Matt, when they call u just request Georgia. If they say no tell them to call u back when it’s available..they will call u back a few days later and give u a spot there

• I an fairly certain emailing people doesn’t speed up the process, but I’m at the point where I really don’t care anymore... has anyone had any luck emailing and then getting a faster poly date? I’m coming up on a year since my SI and am getting beyond annoyed at all the 19s already moving along. It’s like they forgot about the 18s.

Also I live in the North East and put location negotiable so please don’t tell me they are trying to fill important spots first because all the jobs are in the Northeast and SWB and I can go anywhere as stated in my app...

Comment

• CAL0231
            CAL0231 commented
            Editing a comment
            Couldn't hurt. What part of the NE are you from? I'm juggling between Derby Line, Houlton, or Michigan.

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            New York Metro

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is very true. Emailing doesn't speed up process but doesn't hurt to stay in contact. The North East has a serious need in Maine and Vermont. They have a strong need for ND and Michigan as well.

• I did my Onboarding a week ago and still haven't received the email to do my EQUIP, does it takes any longer or should I contact someone?

Update: So I sent an email asking about my EQUIP and even though I didn't get a direct answer they call me and sent me and email to schedule my medical exam so that's good enough

Update: Got the EQUIP email and registration code too !
          Last edited by Albax0385; 07-18-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• applicantof2019
            applicantof2019 commented
            Editing a comment
            if I were you I would probably wait until Monday and then email in to the Onboarding email to inquire.

• Albax0385
            Albax0385 commented
            Editing a comment
            applicantof2019 They just sent it ! I couldn't wait and email them lol working on it now

• applicantof2019
            Editing a comment
            LOL!! hey, if it works, it works

• How long from the time you get the poly results and passed till the academy?

Comment

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            MadameAshley, have you met with your Background Investigator or the Drug Test? Those are the next two steps after passing the Poly.

After those are passed, then you will be called by TSU to give you the posts available, your Enter onto Duty (EOD) date, and your academy dates.

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            After u get the call it’s usually 6 month wait until report time.

• Anyone who had to redo an audio test, did you have a hard time trying to find an audiologist that does the localization assessment? I’m having a really hard time finding one.

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m in NY, I just called/emailed every audiologist the assessment until someone replied yes

• Stevent518
            Stevent518 commented
            Editing a comment
            I called directly to the medical unit and they called me back saying that the assessment is based on what the audiologist’s opinion of the test given.

• Hellos guys, i am 18-11 sitting on 63%. Waiting for BI to clear and drug test as well. I saw that the new announcement 19-10 has a location that I really want.

do you guys think its a good idea to reapply to new announcement ?
          Last edited by Lapantoja11; 07-18-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• applicantof2019
            Editing a comment
            Since the hiring process takes so long generally staffing needs change and when they call, if there is an opening, you can ask to be assigned there and get it. Obviously no guarantees. But I agree no harm in the reapplying.

• Lapantoja11
            Lapantoja11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thing is that i did the exam before August 5 2018 would i have to retake the exam?

• Lapantoja11
            Lapantoja11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also i thought your old application would cancel and the new one stay, can you have to applications going at the same time?

• applicantof2019
            Editing a comment
            From my understanding, An application only overwrites the old one if they are under the same hiring authority. VRA vs DH vs Regular hire.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7190 users online. 354 members and 6836 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X