Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaronag12
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

For those of you who have been in the process for more than a year and had to re certify your medical. Did you lost anything and if so how long did it delay you?

Comment

• Aaronag12
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2019

raudy06 FutureCBPO95 Hou33guy if it's a self certification how would they verify to make sure you didnt have any injuries? Aren't medical records private?

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess they would have to know what hospitals to check lol

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like BenGrynsztajn said, you signed the medical release form, as far as how will they go about checking (if they feel like they have to) idk, its the government and they have their ways I guess.

• FutureCBPO95
        FutureCBPO95 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you knowingly withhold any information from CBP and later find your application automatically withdrawn, dont blame CBP.

• BenGrynsztajn
        BenGrynsztajn commented
        Editing a comment
        FutureCBPO95 withholding information will not only withdraw your application it will also most likely prevent you from getting any federal job, not worth it. People just need to be open and honest.
    • Aaronag12
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2019

I had shoulder surgery and let them know. I was just wondering how they would be able to check every applicant

Comment

• Pmag015
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2019

Im 19-3. Im waiting on a polygraph to be scheduled. Sitting at 50%. Would it overwrite my current regular cbpo announcement tentative selection process if I applied for a new CBP Direct Hire announcement? Thank you.

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          No, you'll just have an additional application out there and everything will catch up to your current one.

• Pmag015
          Pmag015 commented
          Editing a comment
          invertedPanda Do you think it would it speed up the process if I select direct hire and select a southern border port?

• applicantof2019
          applicantof2019 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what im trying. I originally went for Regular hire, but recently put in for direct hire, med and SI scheduled based on my regular hire. so no changes yet.
      • fonzi7979
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2019

@ 19-2 announcement for JFK port. I am wondering if anyone has received a call or email about the polygraph. I’m in that boat sitting at 50% awaiting for my Polygraph exam. Anyone care to share any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all in this hiring process.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm originally 19-4 Newark and I'm sitting 126 days since I passed my SI - I'm fine waiting if its meant to be it will workout.

• MattyjayG
          MattyjayG commented
          Editing a comment
          19-2 63% Waiting on drug and background. I Just received an email from a Program Manager congratulating me on my success so far with the process.
      • Krash777
        • Nov 2017

fort1978 funny that your investigator told you to text because mine told me not to because it’s against CBP policy to text or correspond with each other through email.

Comment

• applicantof2019
          applicantof2019 commented
          Editing a comment
          division is full of rebels

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that is pretty funny. Mines gave me his business card and everything and said call or text him. So I did the day before he turned in my packet and he answered even asked him some questions and he answered all of them. Asked him do we need to meet again and he said no that's it.
      • Whue Yhue
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

Are there any 18-10 or 19-1 applicants on here.if so where are you at in the process. im still waiting on the polygraph to be scheduled. i originally applied in July of 2018 and then again in October 2018. I took my SI and fitness test in September of 2018 and my medical in October of 2018. Heard nothing back until February of 2019 had to submit additional medical docs by April 2019. Finally sitting at 50% as of June 16th 2019. I'm just wondering where others are in the process

Comment

• jdop7
          jdop7 commented
          Editing a comment
          19-1 DH at 50% originally 18-6 DH. Took SI, physical agility, and medical in May 2018. Everything cleared except for medical. Turned in additional med info in July. October came and I got medically disqualified because of my vision. Got Lasik. Reapplied that same October, and medical finally cleared in April 2019. Been waiting for poly since.

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Whue Yhue Wow I can't believed you cleared medical so fast, are you DH or Regular?. I did my medical the same month as you, I got placed on review in March, sent docs in within a week, and I still haven't heard a peep from them. I emailed them and they have yet to respond.

• Whue Yhue
          Whue Yhue commented
          Editing a comment
          SmokeScreen07 actually total time to clear medical was 8 months. But i was very persistent and made phone Calls and emails once a month for 2 months. 2 weeks after the 2nd month thats when i knew i had cleared medical. Now im trying a new approach for the polygraph and see if i can meet them instead on waiting on them to be in town. Also i am VRA applicant 5/7/9

• cam04
          cam04 commented
          Editing a comment
          19-1 DH at %63
          I applied October 2018
      • Aaronag12
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2019

Submitted my self medical certification had shoulder surgery a few months ago so my app went down from 88% to 75% anyone deal with a medical issue how long will it delay the process?

Comment

• FutureCBPO95
          FutureCBPO95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine went down from 75% to 63% :/ because of the self certification.
      • JimmyW777
        Forum Member
        • May 2019

Who is still waiting for background to clear and sitting at 63% now? I've been contacted about additional information but it's still pending as of June 14th. I hope mines clear soon anyone in a similar situation?

Comment

• dannyboy33
          dannyboy33 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-3: been sitting at 63% since August of 2018! I already had my field investigation done in May and still at 63% SMH I quit

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          dannyboy33 took 7 months for mine to clear.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Been at 63% since I passed my poly in July 2018. Lol

• JimmyW777
          JimmyW777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang sounds too rough for people been waiting longer than me. Especially with checking the cass app and see no change. I'll keep updating until I finally get adjudicated. Hope it comes next week because today is Friday.
      • Fubbu01
        Forum Member
        • May 2019

If my EOD is August 19, when should be I expecting my on-boarding email? I’m already a federal worker so I don’t need to sign anything for incentives.

Comment

• Swsports22
          Swsports22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably the first week of August.
      • SpenserJ9
        Forum Member
        • May 2019

Still waiting on results from drug test and the call. Hopefully it doesnt take a month. Sitting at 75% and drug is the final step

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          any news on the DT?
      • xknuckles
        Meat Popsicle
        • Oct 2009

19-3, 9 weeks after first medical put on review, just cleared today. Now the long wait

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          xknuckles Your lucky man, I'm still waiting for medical to clear

• MattCBP
          MattCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          19-3 here as well, only at 25%
          Medical and Fitness test cleared only ? where you at so far ? xknuckles

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          50%. Waiting for poly now. MattCBP
      • dannyboy33
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2018

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have withdrawn my interest in being a CBP Officer. I have accepted a job with a local law enforcement agency. I applied for this CBP position in December 2017 and had my background submitted by my BI in May 2019. Havent heard a peep since... so I am over the wait. YEEEEE

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck on your new position dannyboy33, having said that, you are at the end of tunnel literally, why are you giving up now, you can still work at your new job and wait for CBP. Its probably few more months before you get the call, then few more months before academy. But you are pretty much in, just matter of time now. CBP is way better than local PD in the long run, think about it again man,

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          Good move, I’d take a local PD position over this job any day.

• dannyboy33
          dannyboy33 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe being a Police Officer will be much more vibrant career than CBP.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck bud. You can’t wait forever.
      • dalan
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2019

19 - 6 and still at 38%. Been three months and Equip still not sent to OPR. Is this normal?

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im in the same exact boat, asking the same exact question.

• Stevent518
          Stevent518 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it depends on the need of where you apply. I applied to SWB and my eqip was sent to OPR about a week of so after I submitted everything.
      • Mike_lowrey
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

Does anybody know how I go about sending CBP my medical follow up paperwork from my optometrist. Do I mail it to them? It was filled out in person handwritten at the exam.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks fellas. Just to be clear again so just take a picture and send it to my email & then forward it to them? I'm downloading the app Genius scan.

• FutureCBPO95
          FutureCBPO95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah you'll see in the app after you take the picture, put it in black and white, and it lets you fix the edges. If its multiple pages, you can make it into a batch. When you send the file, make sure you send the whole batch, because sometimes ive sent just the cover page and then you gotta do it again.

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank alot both of yall. I opted to use genius scan and turned out perfect sent the pdf to my email and renamed it with my name.

• FutureCBPO95
          FutureCBPO95 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish you the best in your process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17731 users online. 39 members and 17692 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...