Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone just brought supporting documentation for medical conditions with them to their medical appointment?
    Did it remedy anything?

I had an on-the-job Concussion this year but was already declared stationary. I intend to bring my release with me to my medical EVAL so it doesn't become an issue later on.

any experience trying to be proactive with the medical???

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Do it, proactive is the key

• e-QIP kicked back to me again, this time because I failed to list my mothers maiden name. Her maiden is hyphenated with my last...
    Then the day after, I received the medical follow up email. 7 pages for the doctor to fill out for a herniated disc?
    Ugh. This is going to take forever.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      Was the medical follow up after you already got the green check on cass?

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      No. It was still pending. Medical was done on 5/22,
      2 months in review before they kicked it back to me...
      Luckily it was my only "issue". Should have the follow-up papers submitted tomorrow hopefully.

• How long it usually take for medical clearance? Is been like almost 2 weeks and is still in progress. The doctor told me everything looks good.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      Was this a follow up medical or initial medical? My initial took 2 months to get the green check

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a initial. Wow I didn’t know it can take that long I thought the medical was fairly simple.

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      I did the medical April of last year, they asked for additional paperwork in July of last year, then asked for more this March. Medical just cleared last week.

• No the medical is a pain, I have submitted it twice already and now have to submit stuff again. They want a bunch of stuff from. The VA and don't want to read your medical records. I dropped forms off, they filled them out and told me come get them. Now they want some notes from the office visit that never happened... Lol. Pretty much if you told them about it they want a record of it to cover them so if you grt hurt they can say well you were already hurt from army or previous job. That's what happen with my current federal police job. Tore my knee on a PT test and they said oh you were hurt from army, VA connected... Not our fault. Just get any and all paperwork and wait.... Grrrr

Comment

• Anyone know if you can revoke your provisional clear or just delay your EOD date?

Comment

• applicantof2019
        applicantof2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have heard people getting the call (on provision clear status) and requesting (at that time) to postpone until full BI complete. Hasn't seemed to be an issue.

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        That definitely happens too.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have got the Provisional, EOD date, and not had my background yet. I was hoping that most of my background has been done. I guess that is the case Swsports22 I mean I hope they don't hand out provisional like candy. I am glad to see that it is rare to let someone one go under provisional. Also I know your on probation, but what is the likely hood of them "letting you go" after you complete BI and Academy?

• Achyuta
        Achyuta commented
        Editing a comment
        They called and offered me the job on a provisional clearance, I told them I wanted to wait for my back ground to fully clear, and that took about 2-3 extra months, they told me I was fully cleared and referred to TSU last week. I did not want to go on a provisional because I am a current fed and make more now than I will the 1st year at CBP.

Id wait for a full clear if you have a good job already or are currently a fed LEO, otherwise id just go in on a provisional

• Do they refer to prior fed background investigations or do they start all over?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard that reciprocity is utilized depending on the time since the investigation and the agency that conducted your background.

• UPDATE 18-3 for JFK
      I have been schedule for Drug Test on Wednesday 17. last step before the call.

Comment

• Ak47operator
        Ak47operator commented
        Editing a comment
        Was it an unknown number? Did you answer it or did they leave a message?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ak47operator so i was actually out of the country and came back yesterday, they had call a couple of times and left me a voicemail, since i didn't have service abroad later they sent me an email, i called the next day and they told me to call back to the number today. I called and got schedule for next Wednesday. It wasn't an unknown number it was 866 area code.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        18-6 champlain, NY, but I'll ask if jfk is available.

I take mine Wednesday as well.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        Ak47operator my call came from a 321 area code

• How long should I wait before reaching out to verify the status of my Background completion? Going on 3 months since I met with my BI on the 24th of July. Is there someone in specif we should reach out to?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        fort1978 yeah it just depends on who its is, mine wanted to double check some stuff in person, some people just have one, doesnt matter as long as everything its covered. good luck.

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Be patient. The next step will come soon.

• Wendygx
        Wendygx commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys!

• FutureCBPO95
        FutureCBPO95 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was contacted by my investigator late October 2018, and my background check didnt complete till last week. He had advised me that it could be between 3 - 6 months from the date that the QC dept of the P.I contractor released it to OPR.

• When do they update the mobile app? Took my drug test Thursday and waiting for the call this week

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
        BenGrynsztajn commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I’ve seen, it looks like it updates once in the morning

• Deleted.........
      Last edited by Albax0385; 07-16-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• For those of you who did not get fingerprinted when doing the structured interview and were sent a fingerprint card, how soon did you receive the packet? I’ve been waiting and asked for an extension and got an email stating “final notice” for fingerprint to be sent in. I was planning on going to the local police department to get my fingerprint card done but don’t know the address to send the fingerprint cards to. Does anyone have any idea where to send it?

Comment

• Stevent518
          Stevent518 commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 correct. They want the fingerprint to be done on their fingerprint packet they sent out but can have a local authority process the fingerprint. I called to my POC this morning and the final notice is for the extension request and apparently he said they haven’t sent out the fingerprint packet and it’s probably sitting in their outgoing mail box

• FutureCBPO95
          FutureCBPO95 commented
          Editing a comment
          hello, i'm new here. Back in '16 I was in the process for BPA and my structured interview was on 12/28/2016, they told me i passed right then and there and took my fingerprints. I emailed them sometime between the 28th and Jan 6, 2017. and they told me they lost my digital fingerprint. On the 6th, my case manager sent out the specific fingerprint cards and i received them on the Jan 10, 2017.

• Stevent518
          Stevent518 commented
          Editing a comment
          I talked to my recruiter and he called his contacts and told me they botched it and they’re trying to fix their mistakes and are giving me, as well as other applicants in my same boat, a reasonable extension

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          glad to hear Stevent518

• Anybody know how long it takes to get the call after going to the drug test? Everything has cleared polygraph and background Investigation are all complete and passed.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          It all depends on the needs of the agency.

• Did anyone have to pay their doctor to fill out CBP follow up forms? Because my doctor wants me to pay to fill out 7 pages.

Comment

• Mkebdani
          Mkebdani commented
          Editing a comment
          I needed to get a psychological evaluation. The second they saw it's from cbp they asked for tons of money.

• Whue Yhue
          Whue Yhue commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to fill out a psych eval for cbp. Every place i went to wanted 1500 or more dollars. However i was able to find a person to do the eval for 300 instead and now i have completed the medical portion. If anyone is in the houston area and fell into the same issue i can dm the info for the lady. It only took 4 hours to do

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          My doctor filled out the 7 pages for free, but the required progress reports, imaging reports, etc ended up costing $20 from one doctor and other $10 for another...Then I ended up having to pay $0.15 a page to convert them into pdf's so I could send via email. But it is what it is...

I think this part of the process weeds some people out. Small price to pay for the end result.

• November11th
          November11th commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to pay 10 dollars per page! So you are lucky! chris

• 18-9s where are you at in the process? I’m still waiting for the Polly since August. This process is horrible.

Comment

• applicantof2019
          Editing a comment
          What ports are you applying to ?

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP yeah it really ****es me off too be honest. Atleast I know I’m not the only one. Makes me angry to see the 19s flying thru

• Meowman
          Meowman commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's just your location. I'm sure there aren't as many in the queue for a poly in North Dakota as there are in California. Polygraphers can only do one a day and CBP isn't the only agency doing them. I'm sure it's just a long list.
          Last edited by Meowman; 07-16-2019, 04:14 AM.

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          Meowman I live in the Northeast, tons of CBP jobs here. I also put location negotiable so idk what the issue is

• Hello friends, checking in to see if anyone from announcement 18-12 and where they are in the process.
        I applied 7/2018. Had SI in 9/18, passed physical and fitness. The rest still in progress. Still at 38%. Anyone like this? Any advice besides waiting?

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I reapplied. I've done written, pft, medical, si, poly and passed all. My equip still been sitting with hrm for 2 months. Only si, med and pft transferred over. Nothing else had because of equip. Frustrating .

• Mkebdani
          Mkebdani commented
          Editing a comment
          @Hal29: I am sorry you have to go thru the process all over again. I am really confused. We hear everyday of how many positions needed and yet the process is taking forever.
          @applicantof2019: do you have any suggestions of whom to specifically email? I would appreciate the information.

• applicantof2019
          Editing a comment
          I emailed the [email protected] (which was a reply to the background email I received) to correct some information. I got a response in less than 48 business hours.

• Whue Yhue
          Whue Yhue commented
          Editing a comment
          so what did you write to them

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8563 users online. 270 members and 8293 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X