Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received the “Call”. I accepted the position in Philadelphia, PA. My EOD date is November 1st and training is Nov 19- Apr 1. It’s been around 21 months in this process. Looking forward to getting it started.

Comment

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      I should be getting the call soon hope philadelphia is still open when they call

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! That is amazing! Philadelphia is my hometown - I'd LOVE to work there

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice ! I'm considering PA too, I live in NYC.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Plan on driving your own car, if u don’t it sucks. All the good places are no where near walking distance.

• 19-9
    Submitted app 6/30
    Tentative Select 7/10
    Onboarding 7/10

Took the test last year sometime on a different announcement, seems like it's a LONG way and many months to go in comparison to what you guys are getting.

Comment

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey ! 19-9 also, just did my Onboarding today, guess we have like a year to go lol

• It's just hard to believe they expect people to still be available and want this job after 24 months of waiting on them.... No wonder there is a crisis at the border... 12mths and 50%

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      They want the people but they have thousands and thousands of applicants applying. They also have thousands of people who apply and have no business doing so..wasting time and governments money. If you truely want it..you will wait.

• Does CBP give you time to find a house in your new location ? Or is that something that while in training need to set up? How much time after graduation do you get to move to your new location? Does CBP give you a housing allowance?

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Austindgls, a lot of people rent their first year it seems.... you have your pre-academy time to find a place or after you return from the academy.

They follow the same Joint Travel Regularions (JTR) as the military and all government employees. So 1 travel day from graduation to return to post. Some people take leave or arrange deals with their supervisors.

Though not a housing allowance like in the military, CBP does give a locality pay that is adjusted based on cost of living at your post.

*** all information gleaned from this thread and talking with others, I'm still just a wannabe too!! ***

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^ pretty much spot on. They give you a start date. What ever port you choose to go too, you report there. Pre-academy is 2 weeks. DHS will pay for a flight or pay you mileage to get to FLETC. When you grad you have 1 day to get back. Most grads fall on Wednesday- Friday. There is no such thing as bah in Dhs, you are paid a salary that u need to be able to pay you’re bills on. A lot of people at the academy that had to move to a different location just paid for a hotel for 2 weeks for pre academy and save up money at the academy. The last month they start lookin for an apartment or house. Up to u tho

• I’m 18-3 here and still waiting on my BI to clear and the call for the drug test. The investigator said that DHS to expedite my BI. I haven’t heard anything for over 3 months then. Any 18-3 still out there?

Comment

• assembly-jef
      assembly-jef commented
      Editing a comment
      18-3 and still waiting for polygraph, 50 %.

• TX_SN
      TX_SN commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you VRA? I’m 18-3 got the call last month but still hasn’t updated in the app.

• Ak47operator
      Ak47operator commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m VRA... ugh

• Ak47operator
      Ak47operator commented
      Editing a comment
      What port did you get TX? Also how long after your BI did you get the call for drug test then offer?

• Application: 6/2019
    Exam PASS: 06/25/2019
    Tentative offer 07/08/2019
    EQUIP submitted: 07/09/2019
    Medical Scheduled: 07/17/2019
    SI scheduled: 07/25/2019

Cruising right along! So far so good!

2 Bachelors degrees, 3 years in investigations.

Comment

• applicantof2019
      applicantof2019 commented
      Editing a comment
      My app is in for Arizona Border. I'm all in for 33% incentive!
      Just live near these large ports, hoping they have Poly openings within reasonable time.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Then its time to be proactive and send emails to the right ppl, sent email on Monday this week and got a call for my polygraph on Wednesday 2 days later

• applicantof2019
      Editing a comment
      That's impressive!! Who were the right people, for you? Case manager or the poly schedule CBP general email?

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely not the case manager lol they dont do crap, email whatever department u need on cass for ur next step. But this the one i used for bg. [email protected]

• What is the typical turn around for drug tests and the final call? I took my drug test yesterday, could I get the final call at the end of thus month?

Comment

• Gdelgado0220
      Gdelgado0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      Once they get your results they’ll send you a email saying your files been sent to TSU and you should get a call in the following days. You should get the call in 2 weeks tops

• SpenserJ9
      SpenserJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually received a call from a project manager from cbp telling me I should receive a call next week about my.location and all that. I just took the drug test so I guess I'll hear something very soon

• 19-2 50% on CASS

Applied :07/31/2018

Tentative Selection:12/07/18

EQIP: completed

Fitness exam: PASS

Medical Pending Follow up third submission on VA paperwork

Structure interview: PASS

Polygraph PASS

Background investigation : 716/2019 in progress currently working interviews w/employers

Drug test: in progress

Final offer : pending

EOD:

Just posting my timeline. I have seen worse than mine, however still frustrating to fill so close but so far away...

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      nice to see 19-2 moving so 19-3 can get started soon with poly

• MattyjayG
      MattyjayG commented
      Editing a comment
      19-2
      I’m at 63% waiting to speak with my BI and do my Drug test. How long did it take to speak to you BI?

• applicantof2019
      Editing a comment
      do they do VBT anymore?

• Mkebdani
      Mkebdani commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      I applied same time as you. But still in 38%. Have not heard from drug test or polygraph. Any advice?

• 18-6 GS9

Didn't check for 2 weeks.

Someone called me yesterday twice from a 315 # leaving a message to get in contact with a federal agent, called today, but only getting a recording. Don't know if it was a scam call or CBP

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      And that is why i answer every call scam or not

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Hou33guy

Yeah, I'll keep calling back though

• Hey, next week I make one year since my SI. I was originally 18-5, I retook the exam in December and I’m now 19-1. Hopefully I get some good news soon for my poly.

Comment

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      Where are you up to for 19-1

• Mike2686
      Mike2686 commented
      Editing a comment
      Had my SI in April for at jfk. Still nothing with mine. Hoping to get into it since I already work there

• Amyymoreno
      Amyymoreno commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything got transferred over. Still waiting for my poly.

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      Does the PFT also transfer over? I took mine in May of this year

• Passed everything except waiting on my vision results.
    Hopefully they clear this soon.

Comment

• If you're 100% on CASS, does your application just disappear?

Comment

• Hey Everyone! Just did my Onboarding today, very excited and ready to hurry up and wait ! Good luck to all in your process!

6/20/19 Applied for CBPO DH
        6/27/19 Applied for CBPO Regular JFK/PHL
        7/05/19 Entrance Exam Taken
        7/08/19 NOR - Passed
        7/12/19 Tentative Job Offer for G7
        7/12/19 Onboarding Completed

Comment

• We are contacting you regarding the required background investigation for the Customs And Border Protection Officer position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Your investigation is in process with the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR). This investigation is being conducted to determine your suitability for CBP employment. At this time CBP is not requesting a security clearance determination.

any idea what the last part means?I tried to be proactive and email the person who was doing my E-qip and see if that could get something moving for my drug test or a meeting with my BI.

19-2
          Applied :11/29/18
          Tentative Selection:12/07/18
          EQIP Submitted 12/15/18
          Fitness exam pass 01/02/19
          Medical exam pass 12/28/18
          Structure interview 01/03/19
          Structure interview. pass 01/16/19
          Polygraph 6-13 and 7-6 passed 7-9
          Background investigation : pending
          Nor: 03/15/19
          Drug:
          Final offer :
          EOD:

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            did you sign off on the provisional hire? sounds like you did

• MattyjayG
            MattyjayG commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no clue lol. Where would you check?

• Albax0385
            Albax0385 commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks like you did, this should speed up your process, if everything is good in your background this is good news.

• cam04
            cam04 commented
            Editing a comment
            You should be hearing from your BI soon. It takes about a month after your poly.

• Benefits or downfalls to provisional clearance sign off??

Comment

• Swsports22
            Swsports22 commented
            Editing a comment
            I spoke to a family friend who is a Port Director and asked him about the provisional. He said CBP does a lot of background work on individuals cleared for the provisional. They aren’t going to invest that much by sending you to the academy if there’s even a question mark on your background. It does happen that ppl get fired while on provisional but he said it’s very rare.

• BenGrynsztajn
            BenGrynsztajn commented
            Editing a comment
            Swsports22 that’s makes sense, I always assumed that provisionals were only granted to people who’s background checks were already extensively checked and they felt the applicant was okay to start the next step.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Panglossian pessimistically, one could take a provisional clearance, get hired, graduate CBP academy and, without a full clearance, work many months on light duty, without gun or credentials, doing menial, drudge work. Most likely, at 100% day shifts...no differentials, no overtime. Eventually getting a full clearance...but, in many practical senses, being months behind one's classmates in terms of training, experience and opportunities.

• Achyuta
            Achyuta commented
            Editing a comment
            They called and offered me the job on a provisional clearance, I told them I wanted to wait for my back ground to fully clear, and that took about 2-3 extra months, they told me I was fully cleared and referred to TSU last week. I did not want to go on a provisional because I am a current fed and make more now than I will the 1st year at CBP.

Id wait for a full clear if you have a good job already or are currently a fed LEO, otherwise id just go in on a provisional

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9672 users online. 472 members and 9200 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X