Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filled out 19-9 app end of June. Got assessment, used results from 19-2.

nothing else since, just figured I'll add that here but seeing the way others are moving, I'll be waiting for a while

Comment

• When was the last time that Orlando or Tampa was offered by CBPO? I’m feeling pretty discouraged at this time being 8 months in the process and still haven’t had my medical clear.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been in process for more than a year and haven't seen Orlando or Tampa opened, if you are a VRA, you can ask them those locations when you receive the call, they maybe able to do something for you, even just regular CBPO, remember to ask them, you never know what opens at the time of "the call",
        Tampa is very small, they probably have like 2 CBPOs, lol, 1 director and 1 supervisor, I fly out of Tampa alot and rarely see any CBPOs walking around. Orlando you may have more chance of getting since its bigger airport. Florida_Man agreed with you this process is stressful man, I've been in process more than 14 months and still waiting for the damn poly although I don't have any medical issues.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Florida_Man, the Tampa field office is a retirement spot for a lot of CBPOs. Senior guys who are looking to retire in a prime spot.

V_AntCBP, I've never seen them in the terminals of TPA, most because my 30 some flights a year are in the domestic terminal, but the Tampa Office has a few officers spread between TPA, PIE and the three Sea Port Terminals. If I remember right from my SI with the Tampa Sector Director, it's like 75% cargo (air, sea, bulk) and 25% people (airport and return cruises).

• Has anyone in 19-2 for JFK received a call or email for the polygraph.

Comment

• 19-1 Reg Hire 38%

I just spoke to a medical nurse with CBP.

She told me that my medical hasn't cleared because they're still waiting to hear about my vision assessment. I had it done 04/2019.

So it's my uncorrected vision that's the issue. With glasses/contacts I'm 20/20. Without them I'm 20/400. They want 20/100 or better uncorrected. Some people pass their medical despite having worse than 20/100 uncorrected but there's no guarantee and I'm not sure why some do and others don't.

I let her know that I'm planning on getting Lasik. She said people in CBP wear glasses and contacts and that if my vision clears I will move onto the Polygraph. However, she didn't know how much longer it will take for them to get the update. It could be a week, month or even more. She then said that if I get disqualified due to my vision that I will need to have corrective surgery (Lasik) and wait a 90 day recovery period and then have my vision assessed again.

I have my Lasik consultation today. I'm most likely going to go through with it. It's going to add at least 90 days to my overall hiring process but I would be pretty upset if I wait to see if my medical passes only to be disqualified and have to get Lasik anyway.

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
          2ndGenFed commented
          Editing a comment
          @Steven518

I honestly don't know. I was very surprised to have gotten a call from them. I called the medical hiring examiner line and left a detailed message.

#952-857-2921

Hope that helps.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          2ndGenFed, i had a same situation with you during my 18-11 announcement. i called and the nurses had exact same answer like this. Then 1 month later i got DQ because of my vision. then i had to do lasik right away and re apply to the 19-3. then they had me waited for 4 months to clear my vision.

• Stevent518
          Stevent518 commented
          Editing a comment
          @2ndgenfed
          That’s the first number I called. My recruiter also gave me a number to the nurse line for the medical unit. Voicemail every single time

• 2ndGenFed
          2ndGenFed commented
          Editing a comment
          standtheman

Yeah, I hear you and that's what I'm worried about. I haven't been disqualified yet and I'm scheduled to receive Lasik next Friday on 07/19/19. I'm going to call them today and leave a detailed message. Hopefully, they'll update my record and not disqualify me in the meantime.

• Hello,

I am scheduled to take my drug test tomorrow and have a couple questions regarding it.

If I am currently taking a medication, should I bring the meds to the testing site? It's at a urgent care facility and they told me that they donr do that part of the test, but the email says to bring it.

When I called to ask, they informed me that they havent received a fed ex package with my drug test in it. The email I was sent specified to ask for the fed ex package. What do I do if they havent received one?

Thano you!

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
          BenGrynsztajn commented
          Editing a comment
          Bring whatever they tell you to bring on the email. It’s better to have something with you that you end up not needing than to need something you don’t have.

• Danieldv9
          Danieldv9 commented
          Editing a comment
          At my site they didn’t have the fed ex package so i called the number they gave me in the email immediately and was told i could either come back the next day to see if the package arrives or take the test with whatever the facility has... i opted to wait for the next say and the package arrived

• Lapantoja11
          Lapantoja11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Danieldv9 what announcement were you? Im from el paso too and I hope i can get Santa Teresa as well.

• Just took my drug test officially done with the process! 18-11 now just to wait for the call

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
          2ndGenFed commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Nearly there.

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's awesome congrats. 18-6 still waiting on the BI to clear, sitting at 9 months since interview with investigator.

• Ak47operator
          Ak47operator commented
          Editing a comment
          18-3 waiting for BI to clear and call for drug test

• Hi, I will be scheduling my fitness exam today and would like to know what it is consist of? I know they no longer do PFT-2 so would like to know if they had added any additional test to PFT-1. Thank you

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct, and 5 mins step test on 12" bench @lx360xl
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 07-12-2019, 08:13 AM.

• BenGrynsztajn
          BenGrynsztajn commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP I ended up using my bathtub to practice which was 14” and I practiced without switching the step order even though I was told it was recommended

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          BenGrynsztajn Did you kill the step test? How long had you practiced before the actual test? I have 1 more week to practice. My test next Fri. I'm doing it at the gym, they had a the step tool... barely make 5 mins, I hope in one week, I would be ok.

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          Some info, I took the PT test last month. You are given five minutes between each event.
          The step test is simple, do not stress it. I did not practice once - I run and swim 3x per week for cardio and went into the CBP step test and barley broke a sweat. The up up down down pace is very do able. 5'7, 200lbs

• Elgin_87 northern Idaho

Comment

• I'll keep y'all updated.

Comment

• Just to update everyone. When I turned down the gs7 position, the recruiter told me the next day that everything will carry over but it might take a week or two to update.

I did the onboarding electronic paperwork jul 3rd, and Jul 8th assigned an applicant ID for gs9 19-9 regular announcement.

True to form, I've received an email "you are know scheduled to do XXX for your conditional hire" followed immediately by another email saying "candidate passed previously (date of passing and the periodicity of that passing being good)" for the following:

- SI
            - Eqip
            - Medical

So I'm back to 38%, awaiting the office shuffle of PFT1, Poly, BI and Drug. I'm loving the transparency of all the emails though! Just not certain how they don't all show as passed upon applicant check?

My Sailor's mind makes the image of each one falling under a different department, that HR has to walk to to have the results signed and then walk back to their office to look up the department for the next step..... or maybe they are in that looney toons hallway of doors entering one and coming out another door randomly! Lol
            CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
            Eqip: done
            PFT1: 11/08/2018
            Medical: 10/30/2018
            SI: 12/11/2018
            Poly: 4/15/2019
            Poly 2: 5/22/2019
            Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
            Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
            BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
            BI Meet: 06/24/2019
            PFT2: 06/26/2019
            Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
            Referred: 07/03/2019
            Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
            PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
            BI check: 10/15/2019
            Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
            EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
              2ndGenFed commented
              Editing a comment
              That's great to hear!

And your minds image of Looney Toon doors was spot on. Ha!

• Yall gotta be proactive, i cleared my medical on Saturday, sent a email on Tuesday and got a call today to schedule my for the 29th of july.

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              What was the email, can you PM me it as well and send me what you asked them Hou33guy? Thank you

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              corsair did you sent to this email ? [email protected]

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I used that email IACAD

• jdop7
              jdop7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hou33guy can you please pm that email too, please? I'm DH southern border and have been waiting what seems like forever for the poly! Thank you!

• MattCBP no idea, I got what I wanted so didn’t ask for more. They do try and get you to go to the southern border ports first.

Comment

• Hello, has anyone had issues passing the medical,? I submitted the physical portion then they wanted a bunch of forms filled out by the VA and I then submitted all that four months ago, I been asking for updates and they are now sending me stuff asking for more information on these forms...... Meanwhile I have already had my poly and meeting with BI next week and he has been calling my job and all my listed references..... Just wondering if I'm going to move on after the BI before my medical clears. Takes them like four months to get to your application in between submissions.

Comment

• Hou33guy
                Hou33guy commented
                Editing a comment
                My medical cleared Saturday, was 1 yr, 70% disabled veteran, hang in there

• I have been in the process for a year now. Just ****es me off I even said anything. Should have been like nope I'm good all good nothing wrong. But because I was upfront with it I feel like they are being Dbags about it. And we arnt even talking about anything serious, just stuff from the VA which I already gave them. Biggest issue is my. Doctor and the VA don't want to take the time to sit down with me to go over all this stuff, so makes it hard to get it.

Comment

• Roninjin
                Roninjin commented
                Editing a comment
                I understand your frustration about being too up front about your medical, but you ready don’t have a choice. If you were caught giving misleading information, especially when they pulled your medical records, you would have been
                terminated, fined, and/or jailed. SF86 is certified truthfully under penalty of false statements.

Yeah it sucks and often frustrating, but once you are in, you’re in.
                Last edited by Roninjin; 07-12-2019, 11:30 AM.

• Hou33guy
                Hou33guy commented
                Editing a comment
                Va doctors are supposed to fill it out u drop it off and on Fridays they do the paperwork for ppl that dropped off job pw

• Update!
              18-3 , Regular Announcement-JFK
              After almost two months (May 15) since I submitted my NOPA, I just so happened to be casually checking my CASS and my BI was adjudicated!!!, I'm currently at 75% waiting to be scheduled for the Drug test. No email , or call I just went in the app and it was green.
              Overall waiting time for BI to clear 7 months and 13 days (from November 27 to now) thats including my NOPA in May. one more step guys! Im excited now.

Comment

• xknuckles
                xknuckles commented
                Editing a comment
                nice! that means one more year to go for 19-3! haha

• DMC1988
                DMC1988 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats brother!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9774 users online. 463 members and 9311 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X