Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all! I got the call in April and EOD Aug 7 and take off for the Academy Aug 23rd does anyone have a list of things I will need for the academy? equipment wise etc etc ......

Comment

• mjr
      mjr commented
      Editing a comment
      Reesesh, yeah I've been exercising and keep fit. I will see you at LAX in two weeks. Keep in touch.

• Reesesh
      Reesesh commented
      Editing a comment
      KJB hey buddy! do we have to bring our own TV? or do they provide that for the dorm rooms?

• Reesesh
      Reesesh commented
      Editing a comment
      Gdelgado0220 i'm gonna be at LAX my friend, what port you get? Are you running for the academy?

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      @Reesesh
      They have TV's in all the on site dorms. About two months ago buildings 95/96 got nice new flat screen Samsung Smart TV. IF the other buildings didn't follow suit they will have some 15 inch basic flat screens.

• Post deleted
    Last edited by cam04; 07-06-2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Roninjin
      Roninjin commented
      Editing a comment
      Give him a call, it wouldn't hurt. Your credit report more than likely was run already. Did you had issue with your credits? If so he probably wants to go over it. As for your references, other BIs might interview them if they aren't in town.
      Not to break your heart but the BI isn't as long as the wait for it to be adjucated. You typically will wait many months before hearing back if it's adjucated favorable/negative.

• cam04
      cam04 commented
      Editing a comment
      post deleted
      Last edited by cam04; 07-06-2019, 04:50 PM.

• Ayeeee, 18-8, my medical finally cleared after all the back and forth like 3 times on additional info and va doc sign offs and etc. A lady i talked to before from opr called me today on a Saturday just to give me that info. So i guess now the waiting game for either the background investigator visit and polygraph schedule. Not sure which comes 1st and how long after medical is cleared but i will say once i did my bpa 19-5 app in March 2019 its pushing things through fast for my cbpo app i did june 2018. Any one knows how long for the next email or call for the background/ polygraph part

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Poly first then meeting with bi. Can take several months between the two.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully stuff stay moving fast, since i added my bpa vra app back in march, and selecting a south border area. Banking on bpa to get things rolling

• Can anyone give me an idea on how strict they are when the BI runs a credit report on you? Is it about the score or how much debt you owe?

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Bam2323, my BI questioned me about a student loan that shows that I was 30 days delinquent on 3 different occasions.... and this is after he, prefaced it with "I know it's completely paid off now, but..."

So they seemed more concerned with delinquencies. But he did have a copy of my credit report in front of him. But it went smoothly otherwise.

• waffledog47
      waffledog47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hou33guy - They will say something about it if it is delinquent.. as long as you are making payments on that charged off card, you're good to go. As Talonderiel hinted at, they really only care about delinquencies more than dollar amount.. if you have even an 8 dollar delinquent debt, they are going to question you about how/why that occurred.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well time to call them to settle it, thxs for the info

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you happen to see the credit report to see who they order it through or from

• Hello,
    Is there anybody here from the NYC area that knows how the CBPO salary compares to NYPD? Do they start off the same and who can make more?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. What do you mean by outside work are you referring to a 2nd job moonlighting as in security or loss prevention ?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any second job.

CBP will expect you to be available, pretty much at their whim...especially in a port like JFK that offers plenty of overtime opportunities.

Security and loss prevention jobs will further complicate things...the closer the nexus of the second job to cbp work...the less likely it will be approved.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Possibly the base salary is the same but I’m guessing jfk would offer more in salary due to the overtime

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I've read...base pay at the 5.5 year level is basically the same and the starting pay for entry level is a bit more for NYPD...assuming one starts working for CBP as a GS-05.

As far as overtime goes, once the academy/post-academy training winds up and a person gets released from training restrictions, making close to that 45K cap specific to JFK probably wouldn't be all that difficult. It likely means working a large percentage of midnights, Sundays and holidays as well as overtime though.

• Just a follow up...

EOD JFK 9/27
    FLETC 10/17 - 3/2

Anyone else with similar dates?

Comment

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      im at 10 month after polygraph and still waiting for BI to clear. 18-3 for jfk

• pun2k
      pun2k commented
      Editing a comment
      i eod jfk 8/12, kinda close i guess

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      pun2k how long was your process?

• Ak47operator
      Ak47operator commented
      Editing a comment
      18-3 also here. Waiting for my background to clear... sigh

• Will be a year next months since my SI in New York... what a long horrible wait

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you take your poly yet for jfk? Typically BI take longer if you’ve held multiple jobs and addresses.

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike_lowrey Still haven’t even gotten a Polly yet... My BI should be simple, I’ve lived in the same place forever

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy hell 1 year is miserable - my SI was in Newark but I'm only at 16 weeks since I passed.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      43 weeks since passing SI, still no poly... smh

• Hey everyone I am currently at FLETC if anyone has any questions let me know and I will help out as best as I can

Comment

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike2686 FGS (fitness test) is 24 push-ups in 1 minute and 220 dash in 45 seconds and 1.5 mile in 15 minutes and you do use the Foam block You do have Fitness as part of your class but you need to put in your own time also and for Firearms you get 36 range hours and they rather have someone with no experience so they can teach you their way and Have no bad habits

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      MattCBP my POE is Calexico . I don’t have anyone going to Georgia in my class and class work is not hard if you pay attention you will be fine it’s high school level stuff and you can’t study any stuff because it’s all Law-enforcement sensitive

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Jas423323, you're an amazing soul for taking the time to help others.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jas423323 Is there a per diem daily allowance? Also with the PFT 1.5 run, is it graded on the track or mapped out?

• CBPO GS9 Dulles, VA IAD airport wishing to switch to something south. IAD has AWS where you work 4- 10s. I’ve seen Memphis being offered now and would be interested.

Comment

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      Reapply, that's what I did to change duty locations. Everything moves over fast. Better do it quick before they fill those Memphis slots.

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      What sea/air ports were all available when they called you ? HillbillyKY

• Current CBPO's, if any of you have worked at both a sea port and an air port (or either really) could you offer some insight into the different things you can be assigned to do at each? Is there any difference? Which do you prefer?

Comment

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      At the airport you mainly deal with passengers and at the sea port you deal with passengers sometimes and also cargo from ships as well

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard on seaports when u board ships u go unarm especially on them big cargo ships

• Just got an email saying my recertification for my medical went through. I have completed every step in the process now. Just waiting on the phone call. Does anyone know the places they will offer you?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Depend on your announcement, if you are DH, you are going to SWB locations, if you are a Regular, you have more choices, pretty much where ever opens right now, even if the desired location is not on your announcement, you can still ask them, if you are a VRA, you pretty can go where ever you want. Austindgls

• Austindgls
      Austindgls commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied for the 17-1 VRA posting and I can’t think back to if they even gave me the option of where I wanted to go.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      VRA you are good man, just tell them where you want to go, they will try their best to make it happen for you, where do you want to go? Austindgls

• Austindgls
      Austindgls commented
      Editing a comment
      Raleigh since that is close to home, philly, or Minneapolis

• My update with 19-2 for JFK I am now in for 14 weeks and counting since I completed my SI and I am waiting for the polygraph. Just wondering if anyone has received a call/email for their appointment. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      19-4 originally I’m 16 weeks since I passed my SI - Newark

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3 here and waitting for poly...

• Update on Vision - 19-1 CBPO REG HIRE Currently 38%

So I'm 20/400 uncorrected and 20/20 with glasses/contacts. The application says they're looking for 20/100 or better uncorrected and therefore they've disqualified candidates due to that alone. Not all applicants get disqualified apparently but there's definitely a possibility of the disqualification.

Being proactive, I'm getting Lasik done. The consultation is this Wednesday. I left a voicemail on the CBP Medical line and they contacted me today. The nurse said that they have updated my file that I am getting Lasik and they are asking for the date of the surgery and will accept an updated vision exam 90 days after that date.

It may delay my process a little but I'm still at 38% and not disqualified so I'm happy that I'm still in the running.

I know the medical won't clear until the vision gets done so in the meantime I'm waiting for the Poly.

I've read on this forum that the general consensus is that they don't move to Poly until Medical is green.

So we'll see what happens. (No pun intended)

Comment

• Not gonna lie... feeling a bit sick right now... got the final call for a gs7 position in Laredo. EOD Nov and Academy start November. I turned it down.

I've been selected for the 19-9 gs9 application and finished onboard paperwork July 3rd. TSU said they couldnt see it though. Hopefully it is processed quickly. :/
    Last edited by Talonderiel; 07-08-2019, 03:09 PM.
    CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
    Eqip: done
    PFT1: 11/08/2018
    Medical: 10/30/2018
    SI: 12/11/2018
    Poly: 4/15/2019
    Poly 2: 5/22/2019
    Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
    Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
    BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
    BI Meet: 06/24/2019
    PFT2: 06/26/2019
    Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
    Referred: 07/03/2019
    Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
    PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
    BI check: 10/15/2019
    Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
    EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• 2ndGenFed
      2ndGenFed commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch...yeah, that would've been tough but it sounds like it was the right call. You should never settle especially after such a long process. Go for the GS-9 and hopefully they won't take too much longer.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      2ndGenFed, thank you! I have that GS9 at the Hiring Center and a 4th MIA application awaiting to close.... this time with a 15 page federal resume smoothed over from a veteran's hiring organization. So we shall see.

I just feel bad turning down a job. I'm probably going to have to do the same to the Local PD that I'm in the hiring process with, who will sponsor me through the academy. But the starting pay as a GS9 is higher, the fed leo is a different kind of demanding, and within 3 years with CBP, I'll be making more than the local PD could pay me as a LT.

Adulting is tougher than it seemed when I was younger. :P

• Saw on The news the new announcement for Philadelphia based CBP officers but can’t seem to find anywhere to apply for it. Does anyone know where to look as i don’t see it usajob.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inq...outputType=amp

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13113 users online. 480 members and 12633 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X