Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long are people generally waiting after bi clears for the call. Im sitting at 75% only thing left is drug test

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve heard of people getting called in as little as a day after BI, but wouldn’t get your hopes up, I’ve also heard of someone getting an offer while he was on his way to the drug test.

• Hello,

I have recently just passed and cleared my background investigation and only have a drug test remaining. Does this mean I should be getting an EOD date soon and what should I expect?

Comment

• SpenserJ9 I just cleared my bi also. This is now my 3rd week since being cleared hoping to get a call soon. I had a friend who's background cleared and they called him the next day so not sure on time period

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        How long was ur bi from meeting investigator to green check

• I scheduled my consultation for Lasik this morning. I haven't been disqualified for my uncorrected vision (currently at 20/400 and needs to be 20/100 or better) but I'm trying to be pro-active so we'll see what happens. I sent an email to the Medical Review asking for any forms needed for the vision update and I'm waiting for a response. After reading through the forum, I found others have gone through the same experience as me. So the plan is to get Lasik, and then reapply for a new announcement. I have my SI, PFT and Exam all passed and want them to still be active for the new application. In the meantime....the wait continues.
      Last edited by 2ndGenFed; 07-03-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Stevent518
        Stevent518 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully everything goes well for you. My friend also had a vision problem and went through lasik to bypass the vision issue. My medical is under review also but it’s due to hearing because of wax build up

• SimpleLifeCA
        SimpleLifeCA commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck and please keep us updated.

• Does anybody know how long after you accept the final offer over the phone do you get the email confirmation...i have an EOD of Aug 21..for SFO...along with that i have to sign another form, which will also be emailed, in order to confirm a 25% percent bonus that i was told i have to complete by Aug 1st...if anybody has any info on a timeline please hit me up.

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        You won’t get emails until a few weeks before, I eod Monday and barely got my last email yesterday, you’ll get your final selection letter about a month out then a few other ones.

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        And I’m also SFO lol

• ocasiobm78
        ocasiobm78 commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you for the info!

• Happy 4th of July, everyone!! 243 years and counting for the best country humanity has ever seen! Also, the longest running, and still in use, constitution of any nation in history. Great day to reflect on the power and influence of the United States and the American values of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
      CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
      CBPO (67%)
      Eqip: done
      PFT1: 11/08/2018
      Medical: 10/30/2018
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: 4/15/2019
      Poly 2: 5/22/2019
      Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
      Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
      BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
      BI Meet: 06/24/2019
      PFT2: 06/26/2019
      Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9 (75%)
      Referred: 07/03/2019
      Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
      PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
      BI check: ??
      Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
      EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• Can anyone explain why my CBPO application tracker tells me the PFT-2 is not applicable? The post above me, Talonderiel states he/she completed their PFT-2 test on June 26th? What gives?

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
          BenGrynsztajn commented
          Editing a comment
          If you applied after a certain date the pft2 is administered at FLETC.

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          He is 15-6. They took PFT-2 out on apps after 17-1 I believe.

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you both

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          PA_Ed, I"m glad you asked!!! :P

Anyone who applied to an application prior to 17-3 had to conduct the PFT2 in accordance with the USAJobs announcement. Anyone after 17-3 was recruited to attempt the PFT2 for a couple cycles, and then they just dropped it to being required to be passed at FLETC.

I unfortunately had to continue to do it since the 15-6 gs7 application is one they kept me on after my 3 year recall.... I just applied, and was referred, for a 19-9 gs9 position. So when it shows up on CASS, it will show 88% complete as all steps carry over.

Savvy?
          Last edited by Talonderiel; 07-04-2019, 09:44 PM. Reason: autocorrect makes me look like I'm drunk.... when I spelled the words correctly the first time!

• Is there a height and weight standard just like the military? Or is it based on a pass or fail PFT test?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          pass and fail PFT, push ups, sit ups and steps test.

• At this rate all the 23-1s should be EODing in no time

Comment

• Are there are any others out there who have contacts/glasses with uncorrected vision worse than 20/100 who have passed the medical?

I was reading through the past posts and someone posted that they were basically blind without uncorrected vision but were 20/20 with contacts and glasses and how they still passed the medical despite their uncorrected vision. I'm currently worried about getting disqualified because I am 20/400 uncorrected but I'm going to get Lasik. I called the medical line and left a message requesting any forms I need once I get Lasik done.

I'm currently at 38% CBPO 19-1 Regular Hire

Comment

• Yongky Sunyoto
            Yongky Sunyoto commented
            Editing a comment
            im getting feedback from the recruiter
            Any disease or condition that may potentially interfere with the safe and efficient performance of the job's duties or training may result in medical disqualification. No condition is automatically disqualifying; each determination is made on a case-by-case basis. The medical determination may involve recommendations for additional information and/or testing. If medical information is recommended beyond that provided by the initial medical examination, it is provided at the expense of the candidate

• 2ndGenFed
            2ndGenFed commented
            Editing a comment
            @Yongky

Yeah okay, I see it.

"No condition is automatically*disqualifying; each determination is made on a case-by-case basis."

Well then, I'm cautiously optimistic.
            Thanks

Still getting Lasik though
            Last edited by 2ndGenFed; 07-05-2019, 04:10 PM.

• bonds525
            bonds525 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I did my medical I went in with glasses and of course I was as blind as a bat but told them I wear contacts, they passed me. I got lasik shortly after without reporting it to medical and I’m fine

• Anyone going to FLETC in Dec?

Comment

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            invertedPanda, I'm hoping to be!! Just waiting on the final call now......

• Swsports22
            Swsports22 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ll be there in Dec. Starting 11/12.

• MattCBP
            MattCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            What sea/air ports were all available when they called you ? invertedPanda

• So, I’m sorry if this has been covered already, but I’ve looked all over to find more information and I can’t find much of anything since it’s a fairly new process.
          Does anyone know much about the fast track process (besides the timelines listed on the CBP website)? Such as, what happens when/if a provisional clear is given, is it off to the pre-academy & then the academy? Or something entirely different until backgrounds clear completely?
          Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• R89
            R89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, I appreciated it! I briefly saw something along those lines too. Just not sure if I would be sent to my port and be there until it’s all cleared, or if I would head off to the academy.

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            R89, the fast track option is mostly focused on speeding up the hiring timelines... Your EOD to Academy will be the same as everyone else. EOD and Pre-Academy to knock out paperwork and classes, then off to the Academy.

If the provisional clear hasn't finished by the time you graduate the academy, then you are limited at the Port.... that's as far as my knowledge on this side of the curtain (applicant) goes.

• R89
            R89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talonderiel thank you for that info, that was helpful info, more than I’ve been able to find out so far. I appreciate it! I did opt for the fast track, just didn’t know what was going to be in store for me coming up. Have the exam next Friday, then step after step from there!

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            R89, best of luck to you!! Fast track just requires more timing on your part, but holds CBP Hiring to a schedule too. If your schedule can accommodate a stringent timeline, than it may just be in your favor!

• Anyone have any inside information on long beach seaport? Morale, work schedule, extra schooling availability such as k9. Do they have a SRT unit in port.

Comment

• Anyone know if your SICK & ANNUAL time carries over from one federal agency to another??

Comment

• Swsports22
              Swsports22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. Both will go with you. Only thing that won’t is any comp time or time off awards.

• What are some of the best seaport/airport locations? Trying to get ahead of the research while waiting for this call. I'd love Tampa, as I live here currently and could finish my black belt.

but with that said, I've seen listed Colburn and Gilcore, ME.... San Francisco, CA.. and Brownsville, TX as the alternate locations that seemed interesting. Any insight would be awesome! Thank you in advance.
            CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
            CBPO (67%)
            Eqip: done
            PFT1: 11/08/2018
            Medical: 10/30/2018
            SI: 12/11/2018
            Poly: 4/15/2019
            Poly 2: 5/22/2019
            Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
            Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
            BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
            BI Meet: 06/24/2019
            PFT2: 06/26/2019
            Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9 (75%)
            Referred: 07/03/2019
            Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
            PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
            BI check: ??
            Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
            EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• invertedPanda
              invertedPanda commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing in Florida is being offered as of this past week. There are duty locations being offered that aren't on the hiring announcement. I took one not listed (it's not along a coast line or border, land locked state in the south)

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              invertedPanda, hopefully it came with a nice Incentive Pay Percentage!! .... Did they email you a list or was it given over the phone? I'm curious if the GS7 and GS9 apps provide a difference in availability or if they (GS 5/7/9) are just considered Apprentice level and openings are equally valid to fill?

Since I'm still in the Navy Reserves and have my MMC Captain's License (OUPV), I'm hoping to stay close to a coast or major body of water to keep my certifications up. But at the end of the day, it's needs of the organization.... I know that game well from the Navy. :P

• invertedPanda
              invertedPanda commented
              Editing a comment
              Talonderiel unfortunately, no extra pay incentives since I'm already a federal employee. The extra bonus are for new federal employees.

They will provide you a list of all available ports when you get the call offering the job. I don't think the GS pay level makes any difference on availability. I think all those grade levels are considered entry level until you receive that blue/yellow bar (I'm just speculating on that).

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              invertedPanda, thank you! I guess there is some benefits to being the newbie :P

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8989 users online. 436 members and 8553 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X