Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after taking my polygraph on 6/24 and my examiner giving me a verbal pass I received an e-mail today saying that I would need to go back in to retest.

My question for the people who who had to retest do you have to go and do the whole thing again or just a specific section? Any help or advice is appreciated.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
      BenGrynsztajn commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I’ve been reading on people who had to take a second poly, it’s usually more focused on certain parts from the first poly

• jeliquin85
      jeliquin85 commented
      Editing a comment
      who do you contact to take the poly again after not passing the first one ?

• Question, my medical says “further evaluation” needed. I think it’s because of my glasses. So my question is can I get lasik eye surgery before the academy? And do I have to update them that I plan on getting the surgery done.

Comment

• How big of an impact does the selected preferred location play on the hiring process? I don’t really have any preferences but I did select JFK when I was asked
      CBPO 19 - 7 Applied April, 16, 2019
      Competion: 50%

EQIP - Submitted 05-01-19
      EQIP - In Progress - Requested and Re-submitted 07-02-19
      EQIP - Released to OPR 07-03-19
      EQIP - Case Manager Reassignment (EQIP 07-09-19)
      EQIP - Re-Released to OPR 07-18-2019)
      Medical - Completed (05-02-19)
      Fitness - Completed (05-07-19)
      SI - Completed (06-14-19)
      Poly - Pending (Not Scheduled)
      BI - Pending
      Drug - In Progress (Not Scheduled)

CBPO 19-10 (DH - Southern Border)
      Completion: Same as Above

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        JFK is the largest of all ports.

If we're talking of many of the smaller ports location is probably a huge hiring factor at times.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Double post
        Last edited by merlin436; 07-01-2019, 09:37 PM.

• Originally posted by November11th View Post
      Question, my medical says “further evaluation” needed. I think it’s because of my glasses. So my question is can I get lasik eye surgery before the academy? And do I have to update them that I plan on getting the surgery done.
      Official eye sight requirements:
      • Near Vision: Must test at least 20/40 Snellen binocular, (with both eyes viewing) with or without correction.
      • Distant Vision Acuity: Binocular visual acuity must be at least 20/30, with or without correction.
      • Uncorrected Vision: Uncorrected binocular vision must be 20/100 or better.
      • Color Vision: Must be able to distinguish primary colors as defined by color perception Ishihara Pseudo isochromatic plate tests; use of an X-chrome lens is not acceptable.
      • Refractive Surgery: LASIK-free from residual effects three months post-procedure; Other Procedures - Free from residual effects one year after surgery.
      Assuming you have glasses that will let you meet the 20/40 and 20/30 corrected vision standards, you'll need to pass the 20/100 uncorrected eye sight requirement.

If you need Lasik to meet the eye sight standards, you'll need to get the procedure done and then have to wait 3 months before they can clear you during the medical exam portion of the application process. Except possibly in unique situations, you will not pass the medical exam portion without meeting the eye sight requirements and therefore will not progress onto the next steps in the hiring process until meeting the physical requirements.
      Last edited by FishStix; 07-01-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• To all in 19-2 CBPO for JFK. I’m wondering if anyone has been called or scheduled for the polygraph. I been waiting for 12 weeks so far. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Took my SI back in April.

Comment

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          I am on week 12, emailed yesterday for an update to the email address on a handout they gave us during the SI.

Will write if i get anything back.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          My hand out said if you don’t hear anything between 12-16 weeks to reach out. I’m waiting till tomorrow which marks 16 weeks and a day - I thought 12 weeks was premature to ask.

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting, because my handout said clearly 10-16 weeks, so i thought that sending an email somewhere between 10-16 weeks would be about right.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I sent my email this evening and received a generic response. Give a yell if you hear anything back - I'll do the same.

• 19-3 @ 50%
        SI- 4/2/19 been waiting on poly since!

Comment

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s barely any time waited....

• Gdelgado0220
          Gdelgado0220 commented
          Editing a comment
          Get comfortable because you just started the wait lol check back in with us like 4 months

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if yall picked south border or az, i bet if its a location that really needs ppl that poly should be quick huh

• So I missed a call this morning from I googled as the CBPO Hiring Center line..... Not I'll call back right after work this morning to see if it's further questions for the GS9 application that just ended or an offer for the GS-7 application I have going.

If it's an offer, I'll be back on here to let ya'll know what locations are currently open.... and which one I may fill :P Hoping for Tampa or Brownsville, but we will see!
        CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
        Eqip: done
        PFT1: 11/08/2018
        Medical: 10/30/2018
        SI: 12/11/2018
        Poly: 4/15/2019
        Poly 2: 5/22/2019
        Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
        Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
        BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
        BI Meet: 06/24/2019
        PFT2: 06/26/2019
        Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
        Referred: 07/03/2019
        Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
        PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
        BI check: 10/15/2019
        Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
        EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          Talonderiel I pm you can you please check it out.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Turns out it was just to schedule my BPA PFT2 ..... Had to turn down that application as I have decided to focus on CBPO and MIA solely.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984, I got your PM and responded. I work the graveyard shift, so I'm just now into my early shift stretch. :P

• 19-2 @ 50%
        Took and passed my SI on 02/08/19. No call for polygraph yet.
        CBPO 19-2
        @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
        Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
        Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
        SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
        EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Did u pick a southern border area or az

• For the E-quip after you submitted your application you won’t be able to log back in until they release it back to you? Is that correct?

Comment

• Got a call about 2 hours ago regarding my E-Qip, they needed a couple of more bits of information.
        Just re-submitted and back to waiting.
        CBPO 19 - 7 Applied April, 16, 2019
        Competion: 50%

EQIP - Submitted 05-01-19
        EQIP - In Progress - Requested and Re-submitted 07-02-19
        EQIP - Released to OPR 07-03-19
        EQIP - Case Manager Reassignment (EQIP 07-09-19)
        EQIP - Re-Released to OPR 07-18-2019)
        Medical - Completed (05-02-19)
        Fitness - Completed (05-07-19)
        SI - Completed (06-14-19)
        Poly - Pending (Not Scheduled)
        BI - Pending
        Drug - In Progress (Not Scheduled)

CBPO 19-10 (DH - Southern Border)
        Completion: Same as Above

Comment

• So I havent heard anything from the background investigator for about 2 months, should I start calling to get a status update

Comment

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            did he finished and submit your background? if yes, then no just sit an wait buddy , yes there is more waiting. Mine was submitted at the end of November and im still waiting for it to be adjudicated.

• Hello everyone 17-10 here finally got the call today to meet up with the BI. So 1 step closer to the finals. Hope the investigation goes on quick. Quick question for anyone that knows can answer. Do they start paying you as soon as you go into EOD. Or does it not start until you get into the academy?

Comment

• bonds525
            bonds525 commented
            Editing a comment
            Starts first day of EOD

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang it, i forgot what eod ment

• Background fully cleared and referred to TSU as of today, awww snap, do i want a sea port or air port ughhhh

Comment

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Achyuta, Congrats!!! I'm right on your heels! I'd be happy with either to be honest. A Sea port matches my Master's studies a little more, but I'm just ready to start working. :P

Best of luck!

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            nice, congrats! what is your timeline looking like? or whats your announcement?

• 18-1 direct hire here and finally got the call, I EOD on 10-23 and FLETC on 11-7. It’s still some time to go but i wanted to ask you all for your opinion. How would you dress for pre-academy? and also how much would you pack (in terms of luggage) for the academy?. These might be stupid questions but i just want to be as prepares aa possible

Comment

• bonds525
            bonds525 commented
            Editing a comment
            I EOD Monday, first day is suit and tie and the rest is business casual, weekend clothes, some casual lounging clothes, black undershirts and polishable boots

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Drive yourself to the Academy. Then you can pretty much pack anything you want to bring.

• Danieldv9
            Danieldv9 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would consider driving myself there but its about a 24 hr drive from my port of entry to the academy and I’m not sure how much time we have between pre training and the academy

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Danieldv9,
            The agency will, at minimum, give you one day for travel. You can ask at your port during pre-academy for scheduling more conductive for driving to FLETC. That could get you an additional one or two days usable for travel. After a month on the job, you should earn at least 8 hours of annual leave...which may be available to you to assist in adding to driving options...if burning leave is needed.

• Originally posted by Danieldv9 View Post
          18-1 direct hire here and finally got the call, I EOD on 10-23 and FLETC on 11-7. It’s still some time to go but i wanted to ask you all for your opinion. How would you dress for pre-academy? and also how much would you pack (in terms of luggage) for the academy?. These might be stupid questions but i just want to be as prepares aa possible
          Very very reasonable questions

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9336 users online. 445 members and 8891 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X