300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
    So currently gs-5 is 40,570 for cbpo in the Los angeles, Long Beach, Riverside Area? Can someone confirm this?
    Depends on the locality pay. I know the gs-5 for detroit area last year was $31,000 give or take. Im sure cali gets more but dont know if its that much more. You may have been looking at step 10 or something instead of step 1.

Comment

So currently gs-5 is 40,570 for cbpo in the Los angeles, Long Beach, Riverside Area? Can someone confirm this?

http://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/html/la.asp

Comment

• This is for all locations.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/indexGS.asp

Comment

You're looking at $32,898 to start from what I see. $40,570 is the pay for step 8, but we will get paid at step 1 only.
          GEO Pref: MIA
          Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
          TO: 9/08
          Pre-employment Forms: Completed
          Medical: Completed
          Fitness: Completed
          VBT: Completed 12/4
          BI: Completed
          Qualifications: Completed
          TSU: 12/4
          EOD: 2/17
          FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

Now the day you start fletc and start getting paid, are you starting to put in your time on gs-5? So one year from your first day at fletc you will be at gs-7? or do you start after you finish fletc?
            Actually one year from the day you EOD and start pre-academy. Better yet.

Comment

• You can expect at least 15,000$ more in OT,holiday ,evening and night pay and Sunday pay. So dont worry. evenings is an extra 15% ,nights is an extra 20% ,Sundays is an extra 50% and OT is double time!

Comment

• Originally posted by CTRT View Post
                You can expect at least 15,000$ more in OT,holiday ,evening and night pay and Sunday pay. So dont worry. evenings is an extra 15% ,nights is an extra 20% ,Sundays is an extra 50% and OT is double time!
                As many CBPOs have said (namely Merlin), this is all contingent on what location you go to. Not all locations have a ton of overtime to give out.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                  As many CBPOs have said (namely Merlin), this is all contingent on what location you go to. Not all locations have a ton of overtime to give out.
                  He is going to LA. Tons of OT. He will get more then 15k! The night,evening,Sun and holiday pay alone will be more then 5k.

I have worked at 4 ports, I also know a little bit about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTRT View Post
                    He is going to LA. Tons of OT. He will get more then 15k! The night,evening,Sun and holiday pay alone will be more then 5k.

I have worked at 4 ports, I also know a little bit about it.
                    Oops, I thought you were just making a blanket statement cause you didn't quote anyone else's post. My bad.

Comment

I'm sure LAX will overtime since it's a big airport, and a lot of action, but I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. Is the overtime forced? I understand it's shift work, so do you get a weekly schedule or how does it work? Now say you have a day off and you make plans that day, appointments, what not etc.., will they tell you the day before your day off and say you need to work for 10 hours on your day off?

Say I work a lot of overtime for like 3 weeks straight and the next week I don't want it, and want like 2 days off to go hunt or something. Is this reasonable within this agency, or do you hardly get anytime to really do much when your off duty? Can you also switch shifts with other cbpo here and there to better accommodate each others schedules?

OT can be forced. Most ports will try to let you know as far in advance as possible. Sometimes that's a couple of days, sometimes it's an hour. At the two ports I have worked at, you can request and OT excusal, or an excusal from being ordered for OT. You getting approved for it though is based on the needs of your port and on how many other people have put in for excusals. As for switching shifts, again, that's dependant on your port. Both ports I have worked at have allowed shift swapping as long as both parties agree.

Comment

What is EOD? Is this where you go to your work location before starting the academy for a few weeks? Is it 40 hours a week? What do you do there? How should you dress for this? Do you get paid during this?
                        EOD is just your employment start date. It's not an actual shift or anything.

Comment

• Called TSU to see where my app stands. Basically CBPO doesn't have any vacancies of today, but as I'm sure everyone will agree with me, that's only today. Things change. C'est la vie, right?

BPA is looking at a 45 day lead time in TSU at LEAST for CA locations. It would seem that the resources are shifting a bit from CA to AZ (which makes a lot of sense). So I guess I have a longer wait ahead of me. She also instructed me on how it works for when you have two apps in TSU, and if one calls and you accept, they typically will NOT call you until you're out of the academy. Which I found to be interesting.

Anywho, I'm thankful I get to spend Christmas with the family. Good luck to all of the EODers out there!

Comment

So EOD is the date you start? That date you start gs-5 and one year from that exact date you will be gs-7?
                            Yes, you are correct.

Comment

What is EOD? Is this where you go to your work location before starting the academy for a few weeks? Is it 40 hours a week? What do you do there? How should you dress for this? Do you get paid during this?
                              Dude!
                              I though you said you had read through the thread... you sure are making lots of already answered 100 times already questions!....
                              If you're looking to get OT work, try to get LAX when you get the call... you need to understand that this is LE which most of the OT will be mandatory, and being the new guy and all, will get you stuck with all the worst time shifts, and extended time shifts, and not many days off at all... You want a regular 9-5 pick Long Beach, everything runs in a pretty predictable schedule there, and not so much OT work opportunities.
                              EOD is the day you report to your port for Pre Academy training, you dress business casual, and you get paid for this... As stated previously you will get paid on the first day you EOD and exactly one year later you go from a GS-5 to a GS-7, up until you hit GS-11.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Thank you Yoda. I apologize for not searching the thread first.
                                No need to apologize Hunter,
                                It just seems like you're excited and in a frantic search for all the questions that are popping up in your head, about the job and everything to do with it.
                                Just take a deep breath man......do a bit of searching if you feel like it, or just do a jump of 30-40 pages back and give it a good read... I'm sure you'll find some more answers by skimming through old posts here...
                                Welcome to O.com and the Forum
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12957 users online. 508 members and 12449 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X