Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having issues login into usajobs? Just curious.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, was on last night with no issues. might be a local server DNS issue.

• Just wondering what steps are necessary during the whole hiring process if you travel outside of the country for a few days since I know you can’t really put everything on hold during the hiring phase.

Comment

• barnes14
      barnes14 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did many times because the process takes forever

• I love how Facebook is flooded with adds trying to recruit people to work for CBP... and yet thousands are still waiting in limbo. As many I put down “Location Negotiable” so in theory I could be at the southern border, you would think that makes you more desirable... nope. 11 months and counting since SI. 18-9. If it was a guaranteed job I wouldn’t mind waiting but it’s not. I feel bad for people who just started the process, welcome to the Disney World 4th of July line for Space Mountain with people cutting like crazy.

Rant over Lol stay strong everyone

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the same thoughts when I saw the ads MrAce lol

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Just left Disney last week lol that ride was the bomb in the dark lol

• New boss...again. Mark Morgan back to replace Sanders as CBP leader.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp

Comment

• I applied for BPA, do they usually do SI before Fitness? I remember doing Fitness test then SI for CBPO.
      My Fitness says pending (grayed out) but my SI already scheduled for BPA on Cass.
      I also never gotten my test score for the entrance exam but I was selected, offered, and got application ID and all that.
      Is it normal process for BPA?
      Thanks

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP, "normal" is a relative term for this application process..... It seems to change from announcement to annoucement, region to region and even person to person. The good thing is you are seeing movement!

• Has anyone been through the Academy for this? How is it compared to other academies? Is it like BP academy where is super militarized?

I’m really interested in applying

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        What does the fancy driving entail?

• cepstein93
        cepstein93 commented
        Editing a comment
        As of July 1, driving is no longer a graded component of the academy. My class and the one after mine are the last to be graded

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Do they still teach some skills, and there is no pass/fail, right?

The fitness portion will still the same, right?
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-27-2019, 05:30 PM.

• ChrisQuirolo
        ChrisQuirolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Those that are nervous about it, don't be. The academy is to teach / train you on how to do those things and over the 5 months of training, how to be proficient at them. Go into the training optimistic. Don't be a know it all, even if you are an expert and have had the training in the past. You'll be surprised in the amount of people (instructors / other classmates) willing to help you especially if you struggle with one thing or another... Most of all have fun with the training. It's not everyday you get paid to drive fast and shoot guns...

• So at the PFT2 today, the examiners did say they are having an uptick in people being sent back from the Academy for failing PT standards..... They also mention that some big changes were coming but did not elaborate on what they were (??).

So I've now officially done everything under the my original app from 15-6..... Now the wait to see if they call me for GS7 or if the GS9 application (closes on the 30th) speeds through the HR department sooner. :P

I guess I should start asking about locations and lifestyles. lol
      CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military, not CBP hiring speed issue***
      CBPO (67%)
      Eqip: done
      PFT1: 11/08/2018
      Medical: 10/30/2018
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: 4/15/2019
      Poly 2: 5/22/2019
      Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
      Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
      BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
      BI Meet: 06/24/2019
      PFT2: 06/26/2019
      Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9 announcement**

CBPO 19-9 (50%)
      Referred: 07/03/2019
      Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
      PFT1 / BI / Drug Test check: ??
      Final Call: ??

MIA: Resubmitted

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Does that mean they are going to ease up on the fitness exams at FLETC?

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopejoy, I'm not sure how much they can ease up for CBPO..... Everyone I've heard from has said that it's not hard there.

BPA is another story all together..... That one is boot camp style and a gut check from some that I've spoken with.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The BP is 95% Male, 95% Hispanic/White. They also tend to hire younger people. Further, they find much more merit in culling out applicants in their academy.

OFO is far more diverse.

People failing OFO PT standards failed to prepare themselves adequately. There is little likelihood of failure for the person who is in decent shape and is ready physically.

• I don't know if this was presented in an earlier post but Senator Martha McSally has introduced the bill "S.731- Anti-Border Corruption Improvement Act".

This bill is aimed at speeding up the hiring process for CBP and would eliminate the polygraph requirement for applicants with LEO and military experience. I've posted the Bill's link that has a progress tracker so you can stay up to date. I'm currently awaiting my poly and it would be nice if they signed this bill into law before they scheduled mine so I can bypass the damn thing. Pass and repost this. Link below

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...enate-bill/731

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        muleyman0123, that's if they make it retro-active.... Most of the Federal Hiring requirements make what's on the Job Announcement mandatory to be conducted. Unfortunately, I'm a great example. The PFT2 was not required for anyone that did a job application from 17-3 and beyond.

I just got back from a 3 year recall and CBP restarted me on my original 15-6 and 15-8 applications..... So I had to do the PFT2 test in order to finalize my hiring steps.

I can see this being the case with the Poly. Any job announcement after the bill is approved and ratified will not require the test, but anything before will probably still have to have it conducted. :\

• CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
      Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
      Accepted CoE - 5/15
      Completed OnBoarding - 5/15
      Received Applicant ID for eQip - 5/20
      SI Invitation received 5/20 - Scheduled for 6/3
      e-Qip submitted - 5/22
      Application Update to 13% - e-Qip check mark 5/28
      Completed SI - 6/3
      CBP SI NoResults - Passed 6/5
      Application Update to 25% - Structured Interview check mark 6/5
      Fitness Exam Invitation received 6/5 - Scheduled Wednesday 6/19
      Fitness Exam Passed - Completed 6/19
      Application Update to 38% - Fitness Exam Check Mark 6/21
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      CBPO 19-9:

Applied to new announcement for Philadelphia - 6/18
      Written Test Results - 6/21
      Accepted CoE - 6/27
      Completed OnBoarding - 6/27

Comment

• Anyone in here work for BOP? How fast was the process from start to finish?

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          My process was extremely fast.
          Application - September 2018.
          Offer, Interview, Medical, etc - October 2018
          Started November 2018.
          FLETC April 2019.

Expect to start at a GS-5 even if you qualify as a GS-6...
          Also make sure your credit is good. #1 disqualifier.

• Hi ladies and gents, would anyone know how long before they call you after you completed every hiring step on your CASS??

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I know not all is the same but just an idea would be nice...

• I applied on March 7, 2019, by the middle of April I was selected, passed written, physical, and SI. In the past week equip got kicked back, and I cleared that up. Medical got kicked back and I’ve set my appointments.

Can anyone advise when my poly would scheduled? Maybe after medical ?
        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
        Oorah!

Comment

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, polygraph will be after having your medical cleared.

• Anyone CBPO 19-1?
        What is your status?
        just met with my BI yesterday

Comment

• pnw360
          pnw360 commented
          Editing a comment
          19-1 and have my poly scheduled for next month.

• cam04
          cam04 commented
          Editing a comment
          pnw360 good luck!
          Took me a whole month to hear from my BI after the poly
          Last edited by cam04; 06-28-2019, 09:25 PM.

• Bklynchyca
          Bklynchyca commented
          Editing a comment
          19-1 as well. Poly 5/22, met BI 6/6. They have spoken to 5 people on my behalf so far. Still at 63%

• cam04
          cam04 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bklynchyca have you heard anything yet?

• I checked CASS a couple days ago and my application is no longer there. This is after my background check was sent to OPR and while my medical is being reviewed. Anyone have a similar experience and/or know why this would be ?

Comment

• Has anyone used this as a stepping stone to get an 1811 job? FBI, DEA, ICE, SS etc?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hundreds, if not thousands have used OFO and the legacy positions as a stepping stone into 1811 positions.

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            silvas006, I have two friends from the service that have done exactly that. Started with CBPO and then moved on to HSI.

• silvas006
            silvas006 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talonderiel Do you know how long they were in CBPO before moving to HSI? That's what I hope to do.

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            silvas006, one was with AMO for 7 years and the other was a CBPO for 3 years..... The one with AMO stayed a little longer because he was enjoying driving boats and riding helicopters/planes. :P

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8294 users online. 356 members and 7938 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X