Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I emailed OFO Hiring center to check why my CASS apps don't match (CBP/BPA) and got a response saying all my steps are done and I should receive an email for TSU referral.

Then yesterday I got the phone call to meet with the BI to go over what looks like a simple file and a few flags from my initial case manager.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.... just not sure how deep in the tunnel I still am. :P

Side note: my local PD app is also in background phase before finalizing for the hiring board at the end of the month. Exciting, decisive times are coming!
    CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
    CBPO (67%)
    Eqip: done
    PFT1: 11/08/2018
    Medical: 10/30/2018
    SI: 12/11/2018
    Poly: 4/15/2019
    Poly 2: 5/22/2019
    Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
    Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
    BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
    BI Meet: 06/24/2019
    PFT2: 06/26/2019
    Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9 (75%)
    Referred: 07/03/2019
    Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
    PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
    BI check: ??
    Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
    EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• Maddoxthe13th
      Maddoxthe13th commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your results carry over for border patrol? I’m cbpo at 50% and just applied to border patrol both gs9

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Maddoxthe13th, yes it all carried over to each application.... and because my apps are so old (originally started in 16-xx), I've been asked to schedule the PFT2 test they stopped doing after 17-3 :/

• Question With Baltimore, do most new hires go to the airport or seaport. I did not ask which one they were sending me to..... also what’s the schedule, man power, OT, moral etc in Baltimore.

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      In general, seaports are usually a biddable position reserved for those with seniority. You'll be starting at BWI in all likely hood. I don't know anything about the Port so I can't comment.

Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-23-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• How is it that a 19-1 moves faster then an 18-10 and I’m military, I’ve only had two dang jobs my whole life how long should my BI take? This is bs if you ask me been over 8 months since passing the polygraph! So frustrating this hiring process!

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        @EmmettaBrown01.... cant count me as a true 19-1. Both my applications were started in Nov of 2014. I just got hit with a 3 year recall in 15 when I was midway through the process. I came off the recall and had to start all over again.

But the process seems to be very regionally dependent and random. :/

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Its frustrating because you're comparing yourself to other people.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        you are 18-10 and passed poly 8 months ago? How is that possible and fair? lol I'm 18-8 and have been waiting for poly for 10.75 months already and counting... lol EmmettaBrown01 joke aside, I know what you meant... frustrating as heck looking at people applied after you and they are flying by... and here you are... waiting....

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        Class announcement numbers have no relevancy in regards to hiring speed. Confirmed this on the phone a while back.

• Well I'm thinking Santa Teresa maybe my spot to go too. Been in new Mexico for 3 days now, will be here another 4 days, then going up to Colorado. Not going to lie. I love it here in New Mexico. Santa Teresa is 23 minutes away from el Paso and some other nice neighborhoods.

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Going there and exploring the area is best way to do it.....

• Danieldv9
        Danieldv9 commented
        Editing a comment
        So I’m from El Paso and speaking to recruiters and people that have applied from here tell me that it is very hard to get a port in el paso or new mexico as they are in high demand

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well new Mexico is on the job announcement. Columbus and Santa Teresa. No vacancies for el Paso.

• Hello everyone, quick question. I have this guy that swears that BP is hiring now without a poly or fit tests. That all you have to pass are the medical and the interview. Which i find hard to believe. I know theres rumors going on since trump wants to get rid of OPM. But how true is this and for those.of you who know how will it affect the app process if OPM is removed?

Comment

• YOUNG718
        YOUNG718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol without poly or fit tests huh?? For a Federal Law Enforcement position, you don't need to be vetted or pass a physical fitness test, here's a badge and gun! OPM?? Who cares about accountability!! Anyone can apply and will be hired!!

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The polygraph is Congressionally mandated.

As far as how difficult is to actually get hired...do your own math, look at the minimum standards and figure that the BP needs to hire many thousands of BP Agents to get caught up and OFO isn't all that far behind the BP in terms of the thousands of CBPOs that they need to hire as well.

Figure 4% attrition, at best. Toss in the fact that historically OFO hired many people for shorter careers in their 40s, 50s and 60s who, since 12D enhanced retirement came along with it's mandatory "maximum" hiring age in 2008, haven't really been hired this last decade...instead that burden has pushed onto the already stressed under-40 applicant pool. Basically we have an ever increasing need for greater amounts of hires and a shrinking applicant pool...

The BP doesn't fare much better. They like to run younger, 95% male and 95% Hispanic/White. Along with that...they are far more into using their Academy as a tool to cull out those on the lower end of fitness standards, as well as for more arbitrary removals as well.

• Hewho
        Hewho commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks everyone. Thats what i told him as well. Its a federal job so they wont just hire anyone that applies. But he kept saying it was true that one of his friends told him as well and hes a local police officer. Like that makes it true lol.

• For a lot of people is a wishful thinking, the poly is an important step and it is not going away any time soon.

Comment

• Polygraph Examination: The CBP Officer position is a polygraph-required position. You must take a polygraph exam and have favorable results in order to continue in the pre-employment process. For more information and videos about the polygraph process, please see Polygraph Examination.

Polygraph Reciprocity: CBP may accept the results of a prior Federal polygraph exam in lieu of a CBP polygraph exam. You will receive information to request reciprocity in your Background Investigation package.

Polygraph Waiver: Certain veterans may be eligible to obtain a polygraph waiver. You will receive information to request a waiver in your Background Investigation package.

Comment

• Hewho
          Hewho commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats what i thought as well. Thanks!

• Well to add to the joy of speaking with the BI tomorrow... I now have a PFT-2 to take on Wednesday, and that's 1 of 2... ???

Got an email from CBP Hiring to schedule a test for each application since they are both older than 17-3. I was hoping to not have to do them. Lol
        CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
        CBPO (67%)
        Eqip: done
        PFT1: 11/08/2018
        Medical: 10/30/2018
        SI: 12/11/2018
        Poly: 4/15/2019
        Poly 2: 5/22/2019
        Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
        Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
        BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
        BI Meet: 06/24/2019
        PFT2: 06/26/2019
        Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9 (75%)
        Referred: 07/03/2019
        Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
        PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
        BI check: ??
        Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
        EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• I completed my Structured Interview on June 4th and was not able to complete my fingerprints post interview because the machine was down.

Same day 6/4, I emailed [email protected] and asked how to proceed - was not the most helpful route. They responded on 6/5 and informed me they would mail me a finger print card and 3 weeks later, I have not received any correspondence via mail.

Any suggestion on who to speak with / how to resolve this? I wish to remain a proactive applicant, thank you

Ed
          Last edited by PA_Ed; 06-24-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Stevent518
            Stevent518 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn’t even told to get a fingerprint scan when I had my structured interview

• JPOL
            JPOL commented
            Editing a comment
            Should contact whoever is your case manager and let them know that you have not received it. IIRC if you don't do finger prints they automatically withdraw your application.

If you want to be a pro-active applicant, always call, keep on top of your situation, always have someone to talk to and know who to speak too. I'm 18-8 and got my final selection letter a while back, but during the eQIP and BI phase, I was getting pushed back until I kept on calling people until things got done for me.

• PA_Ed
            PA_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            JPOL, would you mind PM'ing me please? I would really like to get a few point of contacts from you.
            Thank you

• Who took their Structured interview at JFK. How was it?

Comment

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            It was good, no issues. Ran smoothly

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            Dress to impress, shave, wear a suit if you are a guy. These are New York Italians, if your from NY you know what I mean. Keep it real and professional

• November11th
            November11th commented
            Editing a comment
            MrAce Thanks, I am a female. But I understand what you’re saying.

• Do we need to be cleared by our primary care doctor for training prior to arriving at FLETC? When I got my final selection letter it stated that we needed to regardless if we have been cleared by the hiring center?

Comment

• Is the Psychological portion the final part of the Customs position? If you pass, how long the process usually is from the moment you passed that portion till the academy?

Comment

• bonds525
              bonds525 commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no psych portion

• MadameAshley
              MadameAshley commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh I guess wrong position then.

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              There probably should be some sort of psyc component. Alas...

• Got my poly coming up soon. Clean shaven or just make sure the beard is nice and trimmed up?

Comment

• bonds525
              bonds525 commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn’t matter, they aren’t interested in that

• MrAce
              MrAce commented
              Editing a comment
              Shave, don’t listen to anyone that tells you not to. At the end of the day if it’s up to them would they rather give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is clean shaven and professional or someone with a beard. I have a beard as well but always go clean shaven to any Police Interviews or whatever.

• Elgin_87
              Elgin_87 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with bonds525 It doesn't matter.

• Gdelgado0220
              Gdelgado0220 commented
              Editing a comment
              You don’t have to shave. I have a beard and just made sure it was nice a trimmed up. I EOD next month so trust me, you don’t have to shave . Just make sure it’s clean

• Does JFK have a long wait? They’ve been having job posting for 2 month now I hope the process is quicker this time around.
            Last edited by Ix360xI; 06-24-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9721 users online. 488 members and 9233 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X