Received Applicant ID for eQip - 5/20
    SI Invitation received 5/20 - Scheduled for 6/3
    e-Qip submitted - 5/22
    Application Update to 13% - e-Qip check mark 5/28
    Completed SI - 6/3
    CBP SI NoResults - Passed 6/5
    Application Update to 25% - Structured Interview check mark 6/5
    Fitness Exam Invitation received 6/5 - Scheduled Wednesday 6/19
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CBPO 19-9:

Applied to new announcement for Philadelphia - 6/18

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fonzi I originally picked swb and it didn't move any quicker. 18 months before I heard anything. Now I'm regular announcement but not for swb so we will see what happens. Seems steps may be taking longer. Still waiting for eqip to get to opr. It's been over two weeks and nothing. Hrm is reviewing but last time only took 5 days. Seems odd on whats going on over there. Short staff maybe?
      Last edited by Hal29; 06-20-2019, 12:56 PM.

• UPDATE:

CBPO 19-4

Applied: 1-31-2019
    Test: 2-9-2019
    Test results: 2-11-2019; Passed
    BI Packet: turned in 2-28-2019
    Medical: 3-07-2019 | Passed
    SI: 3-13-2019
    SI Results: 3-14-2019; Passed
    Fitness: 3-19-2019 | Passed
    3-18-2019: got an email “ case management reassigned due to changes in H.R. “
    4-11-2019: Equip rejected | fixed correction turned in same day.
    4-12-2019: Equip released to OPR.
    Equip: green check mark.
    5-31-2019: call from my O.P.R scheduled poly 6/17/19.
    6/17/2019: polygraph taken | verbal pass. “ was told it needed to be reviewed by Q.C. Might need further testing”
    6/18/2019: got a call from my polygraph examiner, was told I passed.
    Still sitting at 50% was told by my polygraph in CASS would turn green in a couple of weeks.
    Pending:
    Background
    Drug
    Final offer.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to getting through the process quickly. I guess it all depends where you are applying to. It seems the Northeast has less hiring needs for the moment but hopefully it will move along.

• Safranco2
      Safranco2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Roninjin & Swsports22 i did choose provisional. Im sure they will take a while on my background. Swsports22 what chorus are you? How long was your process. & vtruy I don’t remember I think I choose San Diego. Or a southern border.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Safranco2 what is your secret? May sharing? Are you a VRA ? you moved super fast.

• Safranco2
      Safranco2 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 according to my polygraph examiner he told cbp wasn’t hiring as fast as bp. & V_AntCBP nope just a regular applicant.
      Last edited by Safranco2; 06-19-2019, 12:01 PM.

• Safranco2 I was 18-7 and 19-3. Got hired off the 19-3. I reapplied once areas off the southern border were open. My process was nearly 2 years but it was bc I initially had to put things on hold bc I was at fletc for another job. Once I finished that I started the process again. I am going on provisional as well. Going to Baltimore 10/28. Hoping to put in a transfer to FL as soon as i can.
    Last edited by Swsports22; 06-19-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
      Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
      Accepted CoE - 5/15
      Completed OnBoarding - 5/15
      e-Qip submitted - 5/22
      Completed SI - 6/3
      Fitness Exam Passed - Completed 6/19
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      CBPO 19-9:

Comment

• Well guys, I wanted to share a little bit of my story because even though live not always ends up the way we want it, I truly think that things happens for a reason and it doesn’t mean that one should give up. With failure comes knowledge and is through those adversities that we will succeed!
        I applied back in 2016, late 2015 to be specific, and after two polygraphs (both inconclusive) I was kicked out :-0 Back then the age limit was 37yrs and it was my only shot to become a CBP Officer. After that, I was miserable, I had prepared myself to start this career, finishing a BA and a MA as fast as possible to make the cut, hit the gym etc etc. I was so ready! Then around 2018 I found out CBP was hiring and had extended the age to 40. I applied once again, 18-11 announcement, and every single day I dreaded the polygraph! It meant a lot to me because I felt it was unfair not passing it back in 2015. I was a nerve wreck and I had put so much into “getting me ready” and honestly my record is as clean as can be. About a month ago I received an email to take it and after 8 hours of testing I was told that I might require to retest. I agreed with no objection and again I went for my 4th (in total). Received a call and this time was 6hrs of testing. I always felt positive, optimistic and nervous. This time was going to be my last, I am 39, and there wasn’t going to be any more chances. I believe my examiner understood how important this was to me. I put my life on hold “literally” from having kids, travelling abroad, living in the same address for over a decade just to avoid complicating things. I was just nervous, more like my breathing type of thing, body language wise I was calm. The examiner advised me that QC will review everything and that I would hear soon. Within a week Cass updated with a checkmark! I was the happiest person ever! Hopefully this time will work out, I am not done with the process yet, (recently received an email from the Background Investigator telling me that they were in the process of adjudicating my BC) but I will continue to be optimistic and again, everyone is different, to me this has been an achievement!

Comment

• tyrell_jones3400
          tyrell_jones3400 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats and way to keep pushing!

• Stevent518
          Stevent518 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Hopefully your good fortune and tenacity rubs off on all of us

• Steve40
          Steve40 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish you well and hope it all works out for you. You put off having kids for CBP though? I don't understand that at all.

• Is anyone on here that has accepted an offer with CBP a current federal employee? If so, did you speak to them about pay matching if you make more than the starting salary for CBP? Ive inquired about the pay from TSU and all I’m getting is that once my SF-75 is sent by my current agency that the Pay Setting Unit will review it. Just hoping to see if anyone has any answers about it. Thanks

Comment

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Swsports22 That Is a great question. I would like to know that as well. I currently make more than a 9-1, I'm hoping they will match it, but at the same time I am not going to turn it down either. I'll make it up on the back end.

• Rmodel1965
          Rmodel1965 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder this as well. Currently on a Ws pay scale for Leo's. Currently equalivent in pay to something like a gs12. Wonder if I could start as a 9 step 10

• Has anyone seen Trumps new proposal to reorganize or even shut down opm? Just curious as to how this would affect us. I guess he is trying to move the duties to dod and gas. Any thoughts on this? Is it a plus or a negative? I guess the issue is hiring, severely breaches among others.

Comment

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          Well seeing that people have been waiting over a year for a Polly I don’t think it would make things any more horrible and outrageous. They should just fire all the people that do the hiring for this circus

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Who knows?

Other agencies will pick up those duties, when needed.

Specifically to CBP/OFO...I've always thought that we should run our own hiring...and do it locally.

FWIW, signs point to OFO needing 1200 additional CBPOs in FY2020 and an additional 600 CBPOs each following year until FY25(3000 more in total). That doesn't figure in the thousands of CBPOs lost in attrition over those years.

So...hiring numbers ought to be good...regardless of who's running the hiring show.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just curious as to whether the hiring process would change or not. If they would keep the flow, change hiring standards. Curiosity that's all.

• My progress so far. for CBPO (OFO) Announcement DH 18-6..

Applied for CBPO- 03/30/18
        Exam- 4/3/2018
        NOR- 4/12/18
        Tentative Selection Letter- 4/20/18
        Eqip Rejected- 5/2/18
        Medical- 5/3/18
        PFFT- 5/3/18
        Eqip NOR to OPR- 5/4/18
        PFFT Passed- 5/5/18
        Medical Passed- 5/19/18
        SI- 6/14/2018
        SI Passed- 6/15/2018
        Polygraph scheduled-11/9/18
        Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/9/18
        Retake Polygraph Scheduled for 1/7/2019- on 12/16/2018 but canceled due to shutdown
        Rescheduled Polygraph on 2/26/2019- Scheduled for 3/4/2019
        Polygraph canceled and rescheduled on 2/28/2019- Scheduled for 3/6/2019
        Polygraph canceled and rescheduled on 3/1/2019- Scheduled for 3/8/2019
        Polygraph Verbally PASSED and GUARANTEED 100% according to examiner as they stated they submitted my info- 3/8/2019
        Polygraph Passed on CASS APP- 03/12/2019
        Contacted by BI & Scheduled to meet on 04.22.2019 for 04.26.2019
        Met with BI- 04.26.2019
        WILL MEET WITH BI FOR THE SECOND TIME TO FINALIZE BI TOMORROW- 05.15.2019
        Completed BI- 06.14.2019
        Completed Drug Screening/Pending Results- 06.18.19

​​CASS APP 75%

Drug- Pending
        Final Offer-Pending

My progress so far. for BPA Announcement DH 19-4

Applied for BPA- 01.27.2019
        Completed Online Assessment- 01.27.2019
        Entrance Exam Taken- 02.01.2019
        NOR for Entrance Exam- 02.04.2019 (Passing Score 96%)
        NOR & Notice of Referral- 02.13.2019
        Tentative Selection- 02.13.2019 (Selected)
        Accepted Tentative Job Offer- 02.14.2019
        Completed Questionnaire- 02.14.2019
        Signed PSR.1- 02.14.2019
        SI Scheduled on 03.11.2019 for- 04.8.2019
        PFT.1 Scheduled Notice on 03.13.2019- for 03.20.2019
        ​SI Scheduled on 03.11.2019 for- 04.08.2019​​​​​​
        PFT.1 Completed- 03.20.2019
        SI/Fingerprints Completed- 04.08.2019
        SI NOR- 04.09.2019 (PASSED)
        Contacted by BI & Scheduled to meet on 04.22.2019 for 04.26.2019
        Met with BI- 04.26.2019
        WILL MEET WITH BI FOR THE SECOND TIME TO FINALIZE BI TOMORROW- 05.15.2019
        Completed BI- 06.14.2019
        Completed Drug Screening/Pending Results- 06.18.19

​​CASS APP 75%

Drug- Pending
        Final Offer-Pending

Comment

• zaad
          zaad commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats those poly rescheduling must of been hard for you... almost there keep it up!

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          zaad yes they were long.............

• Can anyone clarify If I am eligible for GS-9 with 2 years of full time cyber security experience (45 hours of work per week) and a Bachelor Degree from PSU (graduated May 2017)? Thank you

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe so... if you apply for it, it should let you know if you qualify for it or not. Just give it a shot

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          CBP Officer Qualifications for the GS-9:
          There are three (3) ways to qualify for the CBP Officer position at the GS-9 grade level: specialized experience, graduate education, or combination of specialized experience.

1. Specialized Experience for CBPO GS-9

One year of specialized work experience that demonstrates the ability to:

Make rapid, accurate judgments and decisions with respect to the application of the regulations, instructions, and procedures for importing and exporting merchandise to and from the United States, or
          Enforcement and administration of laws relating to the right of persons to enter, reside in, or depart from the United States

2. Or Graduate Education for CBPO GS-9

Two full years of graduate level education in a field of study related to law enforcement (or expect to complete within 9 months from the closing date of the announcement) (e.g., criminology, criminal justice, law enforcement, courts and judicial systems, corrections and rehabilitation, justice studies, homeland security, forensic technology and forensic psychology) at an accredited or pre-accredited college or university.

3. Or Combination of Specialized Experience and Graduate Education for GS-9

A combination of graduate level education completed in a field of study related to law enforcement (e.g., criminology, criminal justice, law enforcement, courts and judicial systems, corrections and rehabilitation, justice studies, homeland security, forensic technology and forensic psychology) at an accredited or pre-accredited college or university AND specialized work experience. This will be calculated using your resume and official or unofficial transcripts submitted with your application.

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-qual-aid#9exp

I'd say no - but you could always try and they reject it

• Anybody have a contact # to inquire about my medical exam. 1 month since the date of and no progress yet along with the eqip

Comment

• Stevent518
          Stevent518 commented
          Editing a comment
          No use in contacting them since you’ll get a voicemail every time you call them and a generic email every time you email them. I’ve been contacting them every week.

• Deleted.......
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Swsports22
          Swsports22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wrong forum

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted.......
          Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:07 AM.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          ... that's not how forums with sub-topics and individual posts work. But then again, this is a post with 3857 pages and been running for over a decade. Maybe the rules dont exist here. Lol
          Last edited by Talonderiel; 06-22-2019, 05:37 AM. Reason: Truncated the joke due to using non-recognized emojis.

• Correction officer position???

Comment

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted.......
          Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:19 AM.

• CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
        Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
        Accepted CoE - 5/15
        Completed OnBoarding - 5/15
        e-Qip submitted - 5/22
        Completed SI - 6/3
        Fitness Exam Passed - Completed 6/19
        Application Update to 38% - Fitness Exam Check Mark 6/21
        CBPO 19-9:

Written Test Results - 6/21

Comment

• November11th
          November11th commented
          Editing a comment
          You had to retake the test?

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          No sir - results just carried on over
          Last edited by PA_Ed; 06-22-2019, 04:13 PM.

• Looking at the latest announcement, did they remove the polygraph test from the hiring process?

Comment

• Swsports22
          Swsports22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Negative. That would have to be approved by Congress. Won’t happen

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Polygraph information on the job posting is located under additional information.

• Deleted.......
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6684 users online. 295 members and 6389 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X