Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello guys!! I'm new to this forum and love it already. I'm applying to CBPO (officer position) not BP of course. my question since I work with TSA currently and want to transition over to CBPO is it somewhat easier vs non federal person applying. I am told once my 1 year mark comes up for TSA, I should apply. I meet the requirements for GS-9 just want to give TSA "a one year bench mark" so going in it'll look like I'm serious about an agency not just getting a job and leaving so fast..

my biggest concern is 1.) anyone have any tips how they made their resume I hear they are very picky on how resumes look and are created.
    2.) what is the SI about I hear mixed reviews some say it's a structured interview where they give you xyz and you tell them how you would go about it then others say it's more about what you do etc etc so trying to understand what the SI is so I can get a better grasp of it before I take it!! any and all advise/ tips greatly appreciated and good luck to everyone whose applying/ go hired on.

Comment

• Gdelgado0220
      Gdelgado0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      petervanburen No it doesn’t really make anything easier. I’m a LTSO of a little over 3 years. The only thing it might help you with is getting accepted on with a provisional clear if that’s what you signed on for when you sent in your provisional clear papers. As for the SI I can’t really say much because I signed a NDA but just apply a little common sense and you’ll be fine. They picked up on my work experience as a LTSO because I used a lot of the terminology that we use on a daily basis at work.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      petervanburen, CBPO and BPA didn't seem picky about the resumes... but that might be because I'm a military veteran with security experience on the civilian side too?

The only ones that have been crazy about the resume is the Marine Interdiction Agent (MIA) and Air Interdiction Agent (AIA) positions within the Air and Marine Operations (AMO) division of CBP. They have rejected two of my resumes for not showing enough experience..... I have buddies doing the job that say I should be golden, but they got hired in the beginning before all the job requirements got crazy.

If you're just going for CBPO or BPA, you should be good with just using the USAJobs formatted resume. If you're going an AMO route, then I'd recommend looking into professional help. I'm using HireHeroes for my federal resume assistance.

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Once you get your E band you will be considered a GS-9. Hang in there

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Make sure your resume is as detailed as possible if your resume isn’t how they want it you might never hear from them again. It is extremely important. Not to scare you but I would ask a recruiter to help you with it. When they helped me with mine I had to redo several times to get it to the standard they wanted. You can get delayed right of the bat if your resume isn’t done correctly

• Deleted....
    Last edited by vtruy; 10-06-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Finally got me medical follow-up papers about 3 months after the initial appointment. So I'm trying to get that filled out. Still only have checkmarks near SI and PT. But I'm starting TSA in a few weeks so that will be a good distraction

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      No movement - today marks 93 days since I passed SI. Mentally I told myself I shouldn't expect a call until 150 days.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair lol its been more than 300 days since my SI man, still waiting for poly to be scheduled... smh

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m at 18 months lol patience is a virtue

• Sooo how long typically does a full background investigation take?

I got the Notice of Release to OPR email yesterday after I sent back my eqip once it was recertified for the pre-field investigation. But today I got a call saying that I was denied a provisional clearance and that I would have to undergo the full investigation prior to having my application sent TSU.
    18-2

11/24/17: Applied
    12/15/17: NOR
    12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
    1/04/18: Medical
    1/30/18: Fitness - Passed
    2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted same day)
    2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
    3/09/18: SI
    3/10/18: NOR SI - Passed
    4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
    5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
    ~11/19/18: Medical Cleared
    4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled - Inconclusive
    5/29/19: Polygraph Scheduled
    6/02/19: Polygraph Passed
    ???: Background - In Progress
    ???: Drug Test

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      From the time i re-certified to actually meeting my BI was almost 3 weeks, BI was done and submitted in about two weeks, that was Nov 27, 2018, I have been waiting to be adjudicated ever since.

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, OKCsparrow. You recieved a phone call regarding the provisional clear denial? I am in the final stages of the background myself and am waiting to hear if my provisional clear was accepted or not. Did the caller give you a reason? Or just flat denial. Thanks in advance

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      MissAmitious I sent an email inquiring about it and got a phone call in return. Said it was denied on May 31st (2 days after my poly) but of course didn't say why.

• https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534896300

Can anyone explain this job posting? Is this for current CBP employees? I didn't know CBP had an 1811 position, clarify if you know otherwise.

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      That appears to be an IA position.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike_lowrey, yes that position is only available for current Federal Employees to apply to.... Not open for general public.

There are several series that are within CBP/Federal Service that are not directly advertised or open to the general public.... Just gotta' get your foot in the door to see the magician behind the curtain.
      Last edited by Talonderiel; 06-13-2019, 02:42 AM. Reason: added whimsical information for educationally comedic effect.

• Deleted.....
    Last edited by tyrell_jones3400; 06-14-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Normal progression each year...
      GS-05...wait 52 weeks
      GS-07...wait 52 weeks
      GS-09... "
      GS-11... "
      GS-12/01
      GS-12/02
      GS-12/03
      GS-12/04
      GS-12/04
      GS-12/05
      GS-12/05
      GS-12/06
      GS-12/06
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/10
      With 12/10 being the highest step obtainable...outside of promotion or a journeyman increase.

• tyrell_jones3400
      tyrell_jones3400 commented
      Editing a comment
      So how does one get GS9-6 etc?

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      @tyrell_jones3400 you dont, automatic promotion to the next step every year until GS-12 and then GS-12/01, GS-12/02 etc.

• Swsports22
      Swsports22 commented
      Editing a comment
      The only way you won’t just be a GS-9 is if you were a current federal employee and your current pay is higher than that of a GS-9. You will most likely be stepped out to match your pay. That is what Is happening with my transfer over.
      Last edited by Swsports22; 06-14-2019, 04:58 PM.

• You will be GS11 in a year and GS12 in a year after that.

Comment

• Swsports22
      Swsports22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those numbers are don’t include locality pay

• Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Take both the upper and the lower limits of that pay scale with more than a bit of salt.

While technically true, most CBPOs are neither capping out yearly at 45K on differential/overtime pay...nor are they just making base pay, working day shifts without overtime, holiday, Sunday and shift differentials.

• Hello everyone,

Quick question, I'm prior law enforcement and have worked for 2 years prior to applying however was later terminated in 2018 due to not meeting probationary standards, with no significant performance deficiencies, do you think this will hinder me along the process? I've completed everything expect for the Poly, drug test, and Interview with BI. Thank you. Also is there anyone here with prior Leo experience that have had IA investigations?

I'm hiring announcement 19-8

Comment

• EOD_K9
      EOD_K9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, I am 19-8 as well. Completed my equip and medical already. Where are you at so far in the process? Also, were there no incidents leading up to termination? What duty location was this?

• 302leo
      302leo commented
      Editing a comment
      Completed my SI & Fingerprints 6/14/19, was given verbal pass. No there no incidents leading up to the termination all my termination paperwork says is "probationary standards not met".

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hinder...probably. Do I think it's the kiss of death...maybe not...it really depends on the particulars.

• I officially completed all steps in cass (88% without final offer). Is it posisble to get the call before TSU email?
    Also, what are the chances of getting the port I selected? I see a lot of people were offered Arizona and southern border ports, do you guys live close to that area? I’m all the way up in Michigan, does that place any limits of them choosing the south for me?

Comment

• Klumper23
      Klumper23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I recieved a phone call before the email. Its my understanding that you get the email 2 weeks before you EOD. I was offered a position in MN so im sure that there would be a position in Michigan. As far as limiting you to where you go vs where you selected im not sure.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      TSU is the ones who give you the call, so no is not possible to get call before you get email that you have been placed on TSU. Klumper23 that's the pre-EOD email you a referring to i believe.

• tyrell_jones3400
      Editing a comment
      Many people got the call before getting and email from TSU.

• ...Accidental posting

Comment

• What's up guys. So as you know I applied to a new announcement. I submitted my equip. This time seems to be taking longer to be released opr. I submitted on June 8th. Last time it only took a few days. Is it common for it to take this long? This time I included documents supporting past issues. Could this be causing it to take longer? Any help would be great.
      Last edited by Hal29; 06-14-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Hal how’s it going bro your the last person I recognize on this forum lol. I’m still waiting been 18 months lol. I’m currently moving cities as I accepted another job. I’m sure if they ever call me it will delay the process even more. I just got tired of my old job.

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m still interested in this job just can’t continue to put life on hold for something that might never come. If they call I’ll pursue it obviously but if they don’t life continues

• This process is a total joke

Comment

• Hey all I got the call and they offered me Philly, Newark, JFK, BWI, and the AZ bases and one in Cali. I really wanted ATL or Houston however m, I took Baltimore. Anyone that’s hired and working was that a good choice from the options I was given?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Baltimore and Houston weren't available I take it. They give you any other options? You regular or vra?

• tyrell_jones3400
        Editing a comment
        I’m lost to what you’re asking. They offered me all the above listed places however Atl or Houston wasn’t an option and that’s the two places I really wanted. I’m a regular hire I just applied for the VRA but I took Baltimore so I’m probably not going to finish that process.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        That answered my question. Everything will transfer over for you.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        @tyrell_jones3400 Did you pick an port when you applied?

• So after 10 months and a nopa my BI has finally cleared and shows green in the cass app. Sitting at 75% now how long does it usually take to be called for the drug test?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        damn 10 months , I'm going into 6 months and I'm regular announcement , it makes me cringe to think about another 4 months of wait.

• Danieldv9
        Danieldv9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Aaron i received a nopa too and been waiting 8 months since BI myself. I just recently got an email containing a acknowledgment of advisement letter that i had to sign stating that i wont do what the nopa disclosed etc.. Did you get this letter too? And if so, how much longer after that did your background clear?... about your drug test I’ve heard is usually around a week or 2 after your BI clears

• So I applied for direct hire southern border. On the original posting there were about 8 locations listed. Are those locations guaranteed to be open if I get the call?

Comment

• Danieldv9
        Danieldv9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those locations are the ones they most need, so most likely yes

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would say there is no such thing as a "guaranteed" location. Some locations are going effectively available virtually all of the time simply due to what amounts to perpetual staffing shortages.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8157 users online. 267 members and 7890 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X