Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Since your e-QIP has been submitted over to The Office of Professional Responsibility, we no longer have to ability to grant access to your e-QIP for updates and/or viewing privileges. If the Office of Professional Responsibility requires any updates to your e-QIP, you will be notified."

In reference to me getting married / traveling out of country for my honeymoon.
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah I forgot to add my residency & prov forms to my eqip and they still havent rejected it yet

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea so just wait to meet with the bi then update the new info with him

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I've been keeping a running list of anything thats changed - it's crazy how fast 5 months have gone already. Hopefully in another 5 months I'll make it to poly haha.

• zaad
      zaad commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you, i've only started and this whole waiting game disappoints me a bit, it is what it is. Nothing else to do but wait.

• What's up everyone. Just been browsing around the internet for some answers and came across this forum. Thanks to everyone who was informative about their process and congrats to all who made it. I'm currently sitting at 50% and am taking my poly on 6/19. I'm super nervous since I've been terminated from a job and have been DQ'ed from other civil service jobs before. I'm from the NYC area trying to get either Hawaii or stay here in NY. Anyways, good luck to everyone who's going through the process and waiting for the call. Stay strong people.

Comment

• zaad
      zaad commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on getting to the polygraph, Best luck to you! How long was the wait?

• MrCollaz0
      MrCollaz0 commented
      Editing a comment
      zaad after my SI in July of last year I was told it would take about 4 months but then I was put on med review in September and didn't clear until around January of this year. So I would say about 5 months which is about the time they told me to expect. And thanks for the well wishes.
      Last edited by MrCollaz0; 06-11-2019, 03:45 PM.

• Anyone from CA or AZ waiting on polygraph? I see a lot of people from the E. Coast. Haven't seen much from the West??

Comment

• pnw360
      pnw360 commented
      Editing a comment
      WA still waiting...19-1.

• jamoranto
      jamoranto commented
      Editing a comment
      CA 17-11
      Took my poly end of March. Waiting for BI and drug.
      Just to give you an idea.

• zaad
      zaad commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info, jamoranto wow... that's a long wait.. it'll be worth it, congrats.

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      CA, 19-2 @ 50%. Still waiting to be scheduled a Polygraph.

• Just got the email from the Background Investigator contractors...... So entering the final stages for CBP. Had the Major's interview for a local department here too. The next step for them is a hiring board.

Thankfully the Navy taught me how to hurry up and wait.... for years! :P
    CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
    CBPO (67%)
    Eqip: done
    PFT1: 11/08/2018
    Medical: 10/30/2018
    SI: 12/11/2018
    Poly: 4/15/2019
    Poly 2: 5/22/2019
    Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
    Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
    BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
    BI Meet: 06/24/2019
    PFT2: 06/26/2019
    Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9 (75%)
    Referred: 07/03/2019
    Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
    PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
    BI check: ??
    Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
    EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• I am reusing a medical I completed in Sept of 2018 for my current application, on careers.cbp.dhs.gov my medical status recently updated to "HRM staff is reviewing your medical information to determine your medical qualification for the position. You will be notified of next steps."

Is this progress? This a good sign? Is my medical moving? Any supporting details, please? Thank you

Comment

• MrCollaz0
        MrCollaz0 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I did with my recent application. I was able to reuse a medical but it did take some time for it to finally go through.

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        MrCollaz0 - how long is "some time for it to finally go through"?

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical cleared after a week only had to do a vision test and hearing test

• MrCollaz0
        MrCollaz0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for the late response but it took me about 5 months to clear. I don't know about anyone else since everyone's situation being different

• Anyone know if medical for CBPO is the same for BPA?
      I applied CBPO last year and just applied BPA now. Is it going to transfer over?
      Thanks

Comment

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did the same but it didn’t.

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted.......
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:08 AM.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP, you might need to send an email to Administrative Office in Minneapolis with both Applicant numbers. I've noticed a few of my items have only shown up on one ID in CASS, so they just update it and CASS to reflect the completions.

• If one was to transfer to a different federal agency does your seniority transfer over and are you required to go through their hiring phase? : exam, pft, etc?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Seniority is often determined by collective bargaining agreements...which would change from different agencies and different unions. Most agencies also have wildly different hiring requirements and processes.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike_lowrey, from my buddies in the system that have done Agency-X > CBP and CBP > Agency-X... They all had to restart their seniority at the new agency but kept their time-in-service towards retirement. Some of them had to return to FLETC, but some didn't. Not sure why. I never asked.

They just shrugged and said it was extra training and more easy money. lol

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the input everybody. @taloderiel appreciate the info. I was curious if switching agencies would warrant you having to re-complete an academy and take an entrance exam etc..

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        In the past there used to be some cross-acceptance and co-validation of training and academies. A few vestigial remnants remain still...ICE/ERO still accepts the BP academy...as an example.

Within CBP ,at least, the most recent attempts to streamline the acceptance of prior training and academies has consistently been shot down by the BP...who have insisted that all BP Agents attend their, and only their, Academy. It's the same sort of mindset that chased Mark Morgan out of the BP. With the BP resistance, the attempts at CBP reciprocity all end up falling apart.

• I got the call today
      They offer 4 locations in Arizona where were needed. They asked me where I wanted to go so and luckily was available (LAX). Is it weird my profile is still at 75%? I never met with my BI, or will I later on before I start?

Comment

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your CASS will go to 88% tomorrow. That’s what mine did. The guy on the phone told me by background is over 90% done and by the time I go to fletc in November it will most likely be completed. Congrats. When is your EOD?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You actually talked to someone that told where you were on the background. I tried and was told they couldn't disclose that information.

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s what TSU said on the phone. Might have something to do with the new policies regarding security clearances transferring to other agencies. I already hold a higher clearance than CBP requires.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Swsports22, I really hope that's the case!! I have a DoD clearance that is freshly adjudicated last year and would save me time on the process with CBP :P

• I’m 18-1 and i met with my BI on Aug.20 2018 and he stopped calling me for more information around mid September and i assume thats around the time he finished the investigation and sent it to OPR for final adjudication. this means that my background has been at OPR for the last 9 months ( 8 really because of the shutdown). I’ve tried to contact my case manager but they don’t seem to be able to give any information on what is happening. I don’t have a complex background as im only 25 and only lived in one city my whole life, so i wanted to ask if 8 months seems unusually long to you guys, and also if there is a way to contact OPR about my application instead of contacting the case manager who don’t seem to have any info

Comment

• DMC1988
        DMC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        (724) 794-5612

Thats OPM’s number. They do a small portion of the investigation, maybe they can assist, at least more than the case manager.

• I’m announcement CBPO18-10 and CBPO19-2, my 18-10 is at 50% waiting on poly. Meanwhile my 19-2 is at 38%, my fitness is pending to pass. It’s still within a year from when I took it for 18-10.. will it transfer over like all my other tests?

Comment

• Hello everyone,
        First time poster, I actually joined just to be able to reach out to people here since I got the call and accepted GS-7 and San Luis, AZ as my station. My EOD is 9/27/19
        and FLETC date is 10/15/2019. To my understanding we have to report two weeks prior for "pre-academy training", whatever that might be. I'm reaching out to see if anyone is also in that time frame in San Luis and would like to get together to share the cost of staying there for those two weeks.

As a side note, I just got back from the BP Academy on April, resigned after a better offer from OFO, so if you have any questions with that PM and I will try to answer to the best of my ability and what I am allowed to share.

Thanks in advanced, and good luck to all!
        ~Semper Fi~

Comment

• tyrell_jones3400
          tyrell_jones3400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not at that station however I have the same
          EOD and academy dates as you. See you there! Congrats!

• What level of clearance do CBP officers receive, top secret security clearance?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing, just public trust. Supervisors get Secret, and if you got some cool guy detail like working at NTC its Top Secret.

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          Whats NTC? I'd like to pursue that

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The tier 5 background investigation validates up to top secret...but only those who have a need get an actual clearance.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436, so they validate up to TS/SCI eligible? I had a similar investigation when I was doing a Fed LEO contract with NASA/USAF at Kennedy Space Center. We all were granted Secret clearances with Top eligibility for special details.

Sadly the contract got cancelled in 8 months from my hire. Pay was insane and I was hoping to jump on the special details. At least it paid for my last year of college at Embry-Riddle. :P

• Ok so just curious....17-11 CBP direct Hire here and still waiting on BI to clear 65% anyone else here same as me or I'm last from 17

Comment

• ncavazos
          ncavazos commented
          Editing a comment
          I met with my BI about 14 wks ago and still need drug test....I applied at 39 and just turned 41 today. Sooo looks like still have long wait ahead ...great : /

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-3, Waiting for BI to clear since Nov 27, 2018.

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          ncavazos Happy Birthday looks like we are in the same boat I applied when I was 39 turning 41 in August which I'm sure I'll still be waiting

• ncavazos
          ncavazos commented
          Editing a comment
          fort1978 Thank you and happy early bday to you. Well hopefully we will both get to celebrate our next bdays as CBP officers and not applicants! Y'all Keep me posted on your progress if you don't mind.

• Anyone received this email after having met with the background investigator (3 months ago) and having the package submitted to CBP?

Attached Files

Comment

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unbelievable.

Thanks ncavazos

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          So the fact that it states “progressed” to the personnel security phase, means absolutely nothing? Like is it finally in the adjudication phase? ncavazos

• ncavazos
          ncavazos commented
          Editing a comment
          Well it does mean we are at the end of everything. When I called they old me I was basically done with everything and at the home stretch. Just a matter of waiting for the final call

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol got that email like a year ago

• Deleted Deleted ....
        Last edited by tyrell_jones3400; 06-14-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          48 is standard.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5048 users online. 260 members and 4788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X