300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear that the whole process right now is at a stand still
    because DHS is currently replacing those in charge of CBP hiring and making the process more efficient. Things are expected to start moving soon when they make these changes. Hang in there everyone! Anybody interested in starting a WhatsApp for 19-3 Miami, let me know.
    Currently at 38%, waiting for follow-up medical paper work to clear which I submitted 2 weeks ago. It has been 14 weeks since my SI interview with no signs of a polygraph. I also confirmed that if you are a federal worker applying to CBP, the incentive is off the table so if I were you pick where you really want to go!

Comment

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you hear this? About the stand still currently and DHS making CBP hiring more efficient? Thanks.

19-2 @ 50% still waiting on Polygraph.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      nobody truly knows what is going on except mhc themselves...take everything you hear on here with a grain of salt....i already EODed...be patient everything is hurry up and wait...forget about the process until they notify you about the next step

• Pica24
      Pica24 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm from Miami 19-3 WhatsApp me 786-378-9921

• RichieFL
      RichieFL commented
      Editing a comment
      From my perspective, the process has been relatively smooth. I applied for an Agent position on Super Bowl Sunday Here is my timeline thus far:

2/1 Applied
      2/3 Online OPM Entrance Exam (PASS)
      2/20 Written Exam Scheduled
      2/15 Exam Taken
      2/25 Exam Results (PASS)
      2/25 BI Packet Submitted
      2/27 MED Appt (PASS)
      3/14 SI (PASS notified 3/20)
      4/25 PF1 (PASS)
      5/30 POLY (PASS)
      7/7 "The Call"
      7/10 Report and School date issued.

Stick with it, folks! From my understanding, if you are taking an Agent position you should expect to be where CBP needs you---just watch the news and you'll know where that is.

Good luck and God speed!

• Thank you for that information. Spoke with a cbp officer prior to your reply and told me the exact same thing. All things come in due time. Thank you.
    Last edited by Mcabezas; 06-08-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• They've been tweaking at the hiring process and attempting to streamline things within the employment process...pretty much since day one. The biggest obstacle to hiring is the polygraph...and that's Congressionally mandated.

Think it's bad now...wait until around 2028 when many of those hired prior to 2009 reach the age of 50 plus and have twenty years of covered service. Then in 2033 when the 25 years and any age crowd becomes eligible to retire. Between 2028 and 2033 they look to lose many thousands in retirements.

Comment

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        They have tweaked the poly. Much more are passing now then before.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        good my seniority will skyrocket..LOL

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Along with that increase on seniority you can probably look forward to forced TDYs and all the overtime you can work...assuming they do nothing to address the problems beforehand.

• 18-8s and 18-9s feel free to post your progress here!

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...cer-applicants

Comment

• So has anyone experienced or heard of someone that was truthful on the polygraph but was told they were hiding something but still was offered a retest or passed?

Comment

• Second time taking SI, give me your best tips!

I know all the basic tips and I know we all sign NDA’s but I can’t figure out how I failed the last interview(they even knew I completed each step in CASS) I’m extremely nervous.
          Same as last time, all my steps are completed except the SI
          I have no law enforcement experience, but read that police officers do well in these interviews, should I watch some policing videos and do as they do?
          Please, any advice that doesn’t breach the NDA is apprecited!
          Last edited by Gs5183; 06-12-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Reesesh
            Reesesh commented
            Editing a comment
            Be straight to the point! when I took my SI I was a bit nervous but just answered the questions with common sense answers. Short sweet, Common Sense and you will be moving on to the next stage of the process

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Be confident, care for safety of officers and others, team work, use common sense, Gs5183 I have no LE experience and I did fine.

• PA_Ed
            PA_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            From CBP's website - memorize these 7 competencies and include each of them in your SI responses:

"After you leave the room, two trained interviewers will use your responses during the interview to rate you on the following 7 competencies: Judgment and Decision-making, Interpersonal Skills, Emotional Maturity, Cooperativeness/Sensitivity to the Needs of Others, Teamwork, Flexibility, and Oral Communication. You must receive a passing rating on all seven competencies in order to pass the SI. Applicants cannot appeal the SI, results are final."

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-interview

• I was hired for LAX, anyone that was hired for LAX and is going to EOD in Aug shoot me a Private message. Trying to link up with some future coworkers

Comment

• anyone on whatsapp thats gonna be working at LAX? I wanna join

Comment

• any one know if we need to buy our own running shoes? do they issue us boots in the Academy? i've already bought a couple pairs

Comment

• cepstein93
                cepstein93 commented
                Editing a comment
                You bring your own running shoes. I recommend bringing at least 2 different pairs. You will be issued boots a few weeks into the academy, but you need to have a pair for before then. Make sure the boots are polishable

• ES90
                ES90 commented
                Editing a comment
                I had a set of shoes in my locker at the gym for PT and one in my room for running on my own. Boots are issued but they are uncomfortable for most people and weigh a ton assuming they're still issuing the Danner Arcadia.

• Reesesh
                Reesesh commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, fella's the Danner Arcadia's are pretty nice, are they ours to keep? And I've heard we get our uniform allowance while in the academy is that true?

• Does anyone know how long it may take for medical review
              to clear? I took my medical in November, submitted my additional documents when they asked for it a few months later and still sitting in limbo. It was all over a couple minor sprains that are completely healed up.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
                V_AntCBP commented
                Editing a comment
                different for everyone, I know a few that have been waiting for 10 months for medical reviews. Bca46, keep bothering up every week or so, maybe they would clear you faster.

• standtheman
                standtheman commented
                Editing a comment
                Bca46 i think is depend on the condition. it took them 3 days to clear my medical after i submitted my eyes report after lasik

• SimpleLifeCA
                SimpleLifeCA commented
                Editing a comment
                9 months and counting..

• CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
              Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
              Accepted CoE - 5/15
              Completed OnBoarding - 5/15
              Received Applicant ID for eQip - 5/20
              SI Invitation received 5/20 - Scheduled for 6/3
              e-Qip submitted - 5/22
              Application Update to 13% - e-Qip check mark 5/28
              Completed SI - 6/3
              CBP SI NoResults - Passed 6/5
              Application Update to 25% - Structured Interview check mark 6/5
              Fitness Exam Invitation received 6/5 - Scheduled Wednesday 6/19

Comment

• GlamSquad
                GlamSquad commented
                Editing a comment
                By any chance are you in Florida? We seem to be on the exact same pace. My FT is also on the 19th.

• PA_Ed
                PA_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                "PA"_Ed

• CBPO 18-5
              Written Test 3/15/2018
              Lots of steps in the middle with lots of waiting
              EOD 9/27/19
              FLETC 10/15/2019

Well finally got "the call" last week. Inquired about anything at all open in the southeast, especially Florida. Was told that nothing is open, so for any of you guys holding out hope for Miami, I would probably have a backup plan. Originally from the north country of NY, so leaning towards Champlain. Anyone on here have an experience with this port and are there opportunities for decent overtime? Oh yeah should mention that I believe I'm going in on a provisional since my background investigation is still on going and my CASS is at 75%. Good luck to everyone else still waiting, hopefully your time is coming soon!

Comment

• OKCsparrow
                OKCsparrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Where you a VRA applicant?

• maplehead
                maplehead commented
                Editing a comment
                OKCsparrow No, why does that make a difference?

• Swsports22
                Swsports22 commented
                Editing a comment
                maplehead, bc VRA applicants can choose their location

• tony12
                tony12 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got the call last week. I got San Juan, Puerto Rico (VRA)

• 19-8, CBPO GS-9 VRA:

Applied- 05/14
              NoR/Referral- 05/20
              Completed OnBoarding- 5/21
              Received Applicant ID- 5/28
              ​Med Exam and EQIP Emails- 05/28
              ​​SI Invitation received- 05/28 (Sched 06/05)
              Notified of BI Case Manager reassignment- 05/28
              Med Exam Scheduled- 06/03 (for 06/12)
              Fitness Exam Scheduled- 06/03 (for 06/17)
              EQIP Submitted- 06/04
              Completed SI - 06/05
              SI Results - 06/06, Passed. CASS at 13%
              EQIP Update- 06/07 ("You eQIP is being reviewed by HRM staff").
              Submitted Res./Prov. Waiver Forms via email- 06/08
              Med Exam Questionnaire Completed- 06/09

I also applied for 19-8 CBPO GS-9 NH, and CBPO GS-5/7 both VRA and NH. Timeline for 5/7 Assessment- Applied 05/14, Assessment scheduled for 05/22, NoR 05/23 Passed. No actual score yet.

Comment

• Just got the call. Reporting to Baltimore October 28th. Fletc on November 12th to March 25th

Comment

• Seminoles44
                  Seminoles44 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats! I will also be going to Baltimore, EOD September 18th.

• Elgin_87
                  Elgin_87 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congratulations! Swsports22 When you put in your initial application, did you pick Baltimore?

• Swsports22
                  Swsports22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had to reapply and choose Baltimore. I was originally announcement 18-7. But they would only offer southern border for that. Once I reapplied to the new Announcement everything transferred over within 2 weeks. I asked about openings in FL and nothing was available

• Elgin_87
                  Elgin_87 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's good Swsports22 I thought maybe they didn't let you choose what you chose. I'm 18-3 still waiting on my status to update. I completed everything but BI.

• So I'm a little nervous about the eQIP/BI due to credit/delinquencies. Does anyone know if they take context into consideration? I had decent credit (750-ish) before my separation/divorce in 2017, with zero negative credit entries for years. The separation ran me through the ringer trying to maintain two households on my income; I also assumed all debts from the marriage (around $12k) and just started making payment arrangements in 2019, as well as rehabilitating my student loans ($4k left to pay off, not too horrible). Am I screwed? Will it be the BI's discretion? At what point in the process does it get addressed- HRM, OPR or BI? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• raudy06
                  raudy06 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This gets addressed first with your BI when he\she meets with you. Considering you are taking all the necessary steps to address your issues you should be ok. sounds like a logic explanation to me. OPR MIGHT have some more questions for you to clarify further while they are doing your adjudication part (doesn't always happen tho)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5610 users online. 247 members and 5363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X