300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mi562 View Post
    Your spelling certainly won't get you into the port of your choice!
    LOL... Haven't seen you in here in a while MI.... I see you still got the touch
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      LOL... Haven't seen you in here in a while MI.... I see you still got the touch

Comment

• Hello All, frist time poster here. I got the call on monday. It was a suprise one because I was expecting my BI to contact me. But instead, it was an offer from Scheduling Unit. I guess I am one of the lucky ones who got push through. Thanks for all the info. I will see some of you in FLETC class.

CBPO- SFO
        Tested: Aug '08
        TO: Sep '08
        Quals: GS-7
        Drug Test: Passed
        VBT: Passed
        Fitness: Passed
        BI: completed in CASS...but havn't met my BI yet
        EOD: Dec 22nd
        FLETC: Jan 14th Class 923

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
          Well not 'done' per se, but more or less that your pre-employment processed was completed (i.e. all things in CASS have been checked off, you're off to TSU). Sorry I didn't clarify further. But yea, since I have to call TSU anyways tomorrow for USBP, I'll ask them to see if they have anything to say about it.

What I can figure at this point is that the January FLETC classes are filled up. So it looks like that those of us in TSU could be looking forwards to calls made later this month to schedule out the February FLETC classes. There's a month of leeway for pre-academy, for the interested.
          When I completed everything back in June, I was only given a Cass msg saying I went to TSU and nothing more.

Wow, I think my medical expires sometime in Feb. So for me to eod before Feb. I would have to get a call before the end of this month?
          "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• NEL223, so do I, they called me around 12:30pm at this monday, they will sent me to SFO at 12/22/08, then heading to FLETC around 01/14/09, I guess we will at the same class, Congradulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
              Wow, I think my medical expires sometime in Feb. So for me to eod before Feb. I would have to get a call before the end of this month?
              I'm not sure. I mean I think you would have to be at pre-academy before then. But I really don't know to be honest.

Also, congrats to the Bay Area guys!
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• whoa! is my eyes deceiving me....... ?
                Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nel223 View Post
                  Hello All, frist time poster here. I got the call on monday. It was a suprise one because I was expecting my BI to contact me. But instead, it was an offer from Scheduling Unit. I guess I am one of the lucky ones who got push through. Thanks for all the info. I will see some of you in FLETC class.

CBPO- SFO
                  Tested: Aug '08
                  TO: Sep '08
                  Quals: GS-7
                  Drug Test: Passed
                  VBT: Passed
                  Fitness: Passed
                  BI: completed in CASS...but havn't met my BI yet
                  EOD: Dec 22nd
                  FLETC: Jan 14th Class 923
                  Congratulations. I'm hoping for a very similar outcome myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                    So for me to eod before Feb. I would have to get a call before the end of this month?
                    They gave me a week and a half notice.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• This is probably a dumb question seeing how there is not an exact time line on anything within this application process, but....Does anybody have an idea how long it takes for the Med Unit to clear you after they receive your response (test results, med records etc...) to an NMC letter?
                      CBPO
                      Tested - 8/21/08
                      TO - 9/23/08
                      TSU - 12/23/08
                      Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                        Hello, I am new here and in the process of a cbpo position. I have read through the forums now for about a month and decided to join. I am in the Los Angeles area. I have the following completed...
                        1) written-passed
                        2)Qualifications are in and complete
                        3) Medical-passed
                        4) fitness-passed
                        5)Drug Screening-passed
                        6) vbt-took it about a month ago but I haven't heard the results. I feel confident though.
                        7)BI-complete. Just waiting for it to clear

Can anyone tell me what the starting salary is at gs-5 for the Long Beach, LAX region? I found it somewhere but it was from a few years ago and want to know what it currently is.

Do I have a choice for the LA port or LAX? Or do they decide where I go? Also, if I get to choose, where has the most overtime? I'd eventually like to work at the port, but with the low starting salary I'd like to have some opportunity for ot. Thanks.
                        Do you mean that youve done your BI interview and its pending in CASS, or does it say completed in CASS? Here is a link to the pay scale:
                        https://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/indexGS.asp;

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          They gave me a week and a half notice.
                          I thought two weeks was the min?
                          "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Edited for PII
                            Last edited by Wrangler81; 07-11-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

In CASS it says background investigation completed. But, it said that the same day I met with my BI. I don't know how that is so. My BI told me she has a 2 week period to do it and turn it in. So I guess I am waiting for the adjudicator to clear it, right?
                              Yeah you got the basic idea. You probably never got in much trouble, so you look good on paper so they give you an interim clearance. It basically allows you to get scheduled for a FLETC and all that while they are putting the finishing touches on your BI. It helps them move people along quicker. It'll still have to be adjudicated and all that of course. Its a good thing.

Comment

So currently gs-5 is 40,570 for cbpo in the Los angeles, Long Beach, Riverside Area? Can someone confirm this?
                                I wish thats overshooting by about 12,000

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2685 users online. 187 members and 2498 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X