300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys.. 18-2 here!
    Anyone else starting 7/22 @ fletc. Nerves are kicking in a little. Mainly being because not really knowing what to expect but I’m sure we’ll be fine.
    Last edited by O_rod86; 05-24-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      My EoD is 7/24 for fletc, good luck.

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      @Srhernza so I finally got a call back from my POC from my EOD location... He sent a nice email with answers to questions I would of asked. He also advised some officers there will help out with any of my needs so I shouldn't have to worry about nothing while I'm out there.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Scrappydoo that’s nice. I haven’t received squat. I did talk to my spouse’s friend who used to be in the BP and he gave me a lot of useful info in regards to what to pack and what to expect overall at the academy. Thankfully I live close to my EOD location. Best of luck.

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Srhernza115 Same to you buddy..

• Deleted.......
    Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Deleted.......
      Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going on six months, (5 if you take out the shutdown)

• Rich0987
        Rich0987 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im also going on 6 months. im 18-3 for Vermont and 18-5 VRA.

• Danieldv9
        Danieldv9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im 18-1, im going on 7.5 months now, pretty disappointing but patiently waiting for my background to clear

• Got the verbal pass for the poly yesterday (5/22) .... 2nd times a charm, right? lol Just waiting to see what QC says.
      CBPO 19-1
      CBPO (56%)
      Eqip: done
      PFT1: 11/08/2018
      Medical: 10/30/2018
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: 4/15/2019
      Poly 2: 5/22/2019
      Poly 2 Green Check: 5/30/2019
      Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
      BI (initial email): 06/10/2019

BPA 19-1
      BPA (44%):
      Eqip: done
      PFT1: 11/08/2018
      Medical: 10/30/2018
      SI: 03/05/2019
      Poly: 4/15/2019
      Poly 2: 5/22/2019
      Poly 2 Green Check: (hasn't shown up yet?)
      Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
      BI (initial email): 06/10/2019

MIA: Resubmitted ::fingers crossed::

Comment

• Hello all 17-10 here still waiting on BI.call. my question is I see a few people have had to redo there medical exam. Anyone have the time frame that the first one administered is good for....?

Comment

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Talonderiel thanks for the info bud, sitting here waiting for this BI to call, but thank you for the info that helps

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          fort1978, you're welcome! I'm hoping you get the call soon. I'm just waiting to see how QC takes my 2nd polygraph. Their answer will tell me if I'm accepting the local PD job offer or not. :P

• Danieldv9
          Danieldv9 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are 17-10 and haven’t met with an investigator yet? Why so slow?

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish I knew why so slow....I'm going to assume the shutdown had something to do with it, and I had to take the Poly 3 times which took a little time also.

• Can anyone in the academy PM me on details about what to prepare for? I.E what I would need to buy, what my pay will look like (GS7) and stuff I should have ready?

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Your pay will be your base pay w/ locality. Nothing added. No Sunday pay or shift differential.
          Here is the pay scale. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ement-officer/

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just at FLETC for BOP. If you have the option, bring your personal vehicle. I didn't see anyone on bikes in April. Everyone walks and takes the shuttles to class. Savannah & Jacksonville are 1hr away. St. Simons & Jekyll Island are 15-20 minutes. All the major stores are close by.

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Get the gnat spray! The bugs are bad.

• TheChicagoKid1990
          TheChicagoKid1990 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all for the input! I’ll look into boots. Are you issued uniforms at your port or at FLETC?
          Last edited by TheChicagoKid1990; 05-30-2019, 05:39 AM.

• To my fellow 2 timers, did you guys notice anything different in regards to the poly? Took mines 5 years ago and DQ'ed. Round 2 will be on 6/3, Obviously I do not want anyone to violate any terms of the polygraph, but anyone notice it to be any different from the past? I put everything I could possibly think of on my SF86. Im nervous, anxious, and excited all at the same time. Im taking it in Escondido, CA.

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Same thing for me.
          I did 3 poly's in 2013 for BPA. #3 didn't go so well. That one felt like an interrogation.
          Nervous to do it all over again for CBPO.

• PATEL1990
          PATEL1990 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang 3 times is a lot. Im nervous since my 1st time was such a bad experience. This time I put everything on my SF86. I legit have nothing else left to disclose, so we shall see. Im just going in relaxed and ready. If all else fails, the airport police is hiring like crazy in LA. I just have to say bye to 9 years of federal service towards retirement. But hey, such is life!

• ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          During my SI, I asked if anything had changed in the last 6 years with the poly. They said yes, so I am hoping for the best this time around.

• Ok, so i am currently waiting for my poly to be scheduled. My eQIP has been submitted to OPR. My concern is, i checked the CBP website to see details of the poly. And it said there has to be 2 years from last drug use. Now, i dont use drugs but i did try that CBD plant or whatever which has no THC and is legal to buy in Texas. I did that in Nov. before even thinking about applying to this. Will that disqualify me? I did disclose everything on the e-QIP. What have you guys heard related to this?

Comment

• Hewho
          Hewho commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol ok everyone, i didnt come here for a lecture. I didnt study criminal justice or law enforcement. So i dont know everything like you guys "do" which is why i came here to ask, not to be lectured. Evolution81 unlike most of you my dream hasnt always been to be a federal employee. Like i said on my initial post, i tried CBD before applying. I was told about the application by a friend then by a recruiter at the end of last month. I applied and here we are now. Believe what you want. Its not you who i have to be honest to lol. If im found unsuitable.it will be because of that 2 year rule. Not because im too dumb to pass exams or not fit enough or medical issues. If i dont get in this time then after 2 years if i want this ill re-apply. No biggie.

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dont sweat it too much go through your process and let them make the desicion!!

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Be honest with them...tell them about it..Don't hide.... I saw someone on here used drugs, cocaine and stuff and got the job..so dont sweat... Hewho Good luck

• AgentNitro
          AgentNitro commented
          Editing a comment
          Not that you are, but don't give the comments of Evolution81 and YOUNG718 any further thought. You're an entry level candidate and have made mistakes like everyone else. Probably far less than those two. As you mentioned, you were honest about it and that's a huge plus for your integrity and accountability moving forward. Take it one step at a time and let the chips fall where they may. You'll be fine with or without this agency.

• 17-10 here question I see alot of people here saying I EOD on such date and I enter the Academy on such date. Can someone explain the difference. I understand that EOD is Enter on Duty, but do you go to wherever you are stationed first and then go to the academy? If that's the case where do you stay while EOD and when you do go to the Academy are you allowed to go on your own and bring a vehicle?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The vast majority of new hires do pre-academy at their port of hire. Some exceptions might occur. Most of those are likely to put a person somewhere probably within his port's service area and almost assuredly within it's Field Office.

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok nice so it's kinda like I figured. Pretty much if I choose Philadelphia since I'm only 15mins away I could just stay at my house and when it's time for Academy just drive down. Anyone know if this Pre-Academy will be paid time. Dosent matter to me just curious.
          Thanks for all the info

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll be paid from day one when you EOD at pre-academy.

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 thanks for all the info I heard that having your own transportation down at the academy is best. That's why I'm asking. Thanks again

• Finally after 3 months waiting and my medical is clear.....

Comment

• dalan
          dalan commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, waiting for my equip to be sent to OPR. Has yours been sent yet? I remember you 19-6.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          dalan iam 19-3. it sent to OPR already. i am sitting @ 50% now

• dalan
          dalan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats good man you almost there.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          dalan i hope so too man... seeing so many people waitting months for poly ..

• Anyone know what kind of attire is required for pre academy?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Leave the tactical clothing at home. Don't risk the perception of being a Tackleberry.

Suit on day one. Reasonable business casual thereafter...unless somebody important at your port tells you otherwise.

• Jas423323
          Jas423323 commented
          Editing a comment
          It says in your reporting instructions to wear business attire so no Polo shirts You should get them two weeks before you EOD And it tells you everything to bring

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jas423323 polo with dress pants is business casual

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the problems you will find is that there are 20 Field Offices and 328 distinct ports. All the FOs and many ports view themselves as largely autonomous entities who get to interject their views and opinions on things...like how to define the ambiguous "business casual". The net result being that there are dozens of interpretations of a great many "rules" out there and, as with most things OFO, it really depends at the port level as to what your local management and union viewpoints are.

• How long does it take for progress so show on the cbp app? I don’t have a check for the eqip or medical. Eqip was submitted last week and the medical was Thursday.

Comment

• CBPO Announcement 19-7

4/30 - Submitted application
          5/7 - Tentative offer
          5/15 - Submitted e-QIP
          5/22 - Medical completed
          5/28 - Interview
          5/29 - PFT-1

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Update:
            5/29 - Notice of Results for SI - passed
            5/31 - e-QIP released to OPR

Now the wait.

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s gonna be a long one unless you’re DH. 19-3 still waiting, 18s as well lol

• Hello all,

A few of us from announcement 19-3 for JFK have a groupchat going on whatsapp. Just something to keep each other updated and mostly provide entertainment while we wait for the process to be completed lol

So if you are interested in joining, shoot me a message.

Comment

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            I am 19-3 too but i am going to lax. And i dont have whatapp

• Jas423323
            Jas423323 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am 19-3 and EOD June 10 only two weeks left thank god .

• Rize357
            Rize357 commented
            Editing a comment
            nickg317 I'm interested in joining that group, 19-2 here.

• Does anyone know what the possibility of going to Minnesota is? I passed my drug test a week ago. I am expecting the call within the next two weeks.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you want northern MN like Grand Portage, I-Falls, Warroad, Lancaster, etc...I imagine your chances are good.
            MSP or anywhere else...not so good.
            Last edited by merlin436; 05-28-2019, 04:29 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10389 users online. 449 members and 9940 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X