Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what kind of attire is required for pre academy?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Leave the tactical clothing at home. Don't risk the perception of being a Tackleberry.

Suit on day one. Reasonable business casual thereafter...unless somebody important at your port tells you otherwise.

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      It says in your reporting instructions to wear business attire so no Polo shirts You should get them two weeks before you EOD And it tells you everything to bring

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jas423323 polo with dress pants is business casual

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the problems you will find is that there are 20 Field Offices and 328 distinct ports. All the FOs and many ports view themselves as largely autonomous entities who get to interject their views and opinions on things...like how to define the ambiguous "business casual". The net result being that there are dozens of interpretations of a great many "rules" out there and, as with most things OFO, it really depends at the port level as to what your local management and union viewpoints are.

• How long does it take for progress so show on the cbp app? I don’t have a check for the eqip or medical. Eqip was submitted last week and the medical was Thursday.

Comment

• CBPO Announcement 19-7

4/30 - Submitted application
      5/7 - Tentative offer
      5/15 - Submitted e-QIP
      5/22 - Medical completed
      5/28 - Interview
      5/29 - PFT-1

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
        ChrisQuirolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Update:
        5/29 - Notice of Results for SI - passed
        5/31 - e-QIP released to OPR

Now the wait.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s gonna be a long one unless you’re DH. 19-3 still waiting, 18s as well lol

• Hello all,

A few of us from announcement 19-3 for JFK have a groupchat going on whatsapp. Just something to keep each other updated and mostly provide entertainment while we wait for the process to be completed lol

So if you are interested in joining, shoot me a message.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 19-3 too but i am going to lax. And i dont have whatapp

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 19-3 and EOD June 10 only two weeks left thank god .

• Rize357
        Rize357 commented
        Editing a comment
        nickg317 I'm interested in joining that group, 19-2 here.

• EE626619
        EE626619 commented
        Editing a comment
        can you guys add me?

• Does anyone know what the possibility of going to Minnesota is? I passed my drug test a week ago. I am expecting the call within the next two weeks.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want northern MN like Grand Portage, I-Falls, Warroad, Lancaster, etc...I imagine your chances are good.
        MSP or anywhere else...not so good.
        Last edited by merlin436; 05-28-2019, 05:29 AM.

• Klumper23
        Klumper23 commented
        Editing a comment
        On the two most recent job announcements they have had both Grand Portage and Minneapolis on them. So we shall see?

• CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
      Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
      Accepted CoE - 5/15
      Completed OnBoarding - 5/15
      Received Applicant ID for eQip - 5/20
      SI Invitation received 5/20 - Scheduled for 6/3
      e-Qip submitted - 5/22
      Application Update to 13% - e-Qip check mark 5/28

Comment

• Medical completed this morning. Hoping it’s professed quickly and I’ll have an offer very soon. It’s the final step for me

Comment

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          u mean u just cleared your med and you are waiting for the eOD.

• 18-9s where are you at in the process? I’ve been waiting since August for Polly. No word yet

Comment

• Seminoles44
          Seminoles44 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-9 here, took 1st poly April 30th, took 2nd poly May 20th - passed, CASS updated last Thursday the 23rd. Waiting on Background Investigator to reach out.

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice man, hoping they are making there way through all the 18-9s soon

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          MrAce, congrats on making it past one of the major hurdles!!! I'm still waiting on my results of my 2nd poly.... This is business day 1, so maybe two business days before I find out. :P

• SimpleLifeCA
          SimpleLifeCA commented
          Editing a comment
          18-9 here. SI back in Aug 2018, then silence until today. FML

• 18-8s and 18-9s feel free to chat on here

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...cer-applicants

Comment

• i have a question guys. does sponsoring wife or husband to immigrant to the US affect your application ?

Comment

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to hear the words from you... i am not the only one good lol

• Swsports22
            Swsports22 commented
            Editing a comment
            standtheman expect your meeting with the background investigator to go longer than others tho. Bring all paperwork from immigration.(we had a lawyer handle ours). They will throughly go over it but as long as it’s done legally you will be ok.

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            @swspprts22 yea we had our lawyer doing all the paper work for us too. And she has a good job over there. Even her family has clean record.

• AgentNitro
            AgentNitro commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not an issue. Don't take anyone's advice based on their opinion, belief, or speculation. You'll get limitless inaccurate information on here, so take it all with a grain of salt.

• When I applied, I stated my hometown Miami wasn’t an option so I chose randomly in Seattle.. now I’m wondering if I would get the call for the job offer.. can I request FL?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            I live in Florida too and chose Seattle like you, Bam2323 Maybe we will be partners one of these days...

• Bam2323
            Bam2323 commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP are you posting 18-10? and trying to stay in FL?

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Bam2323 I'm 18-8 and want to leave FL, actually I will accept anywhere but swb poe... unless you are a VRA or something, you can't get Miami. Its very hard

• Sspence861
            Sspence861 commented
            Editing a comment
            I live in Key West and also applied for WA state

• So after a a year and 6 months later I got a nopa finding derogatory info on myself. My father was busted with drugs when I was a kid. Wish they would've told me from the get go. Seems like a waste of their time and money. Not sure why I went through everything including passing poly where I stated my father was a convicted felon. Cheers

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Many NOPAs can be overcome if you respond and address agency concerns.

• Roninjin
            Roninjin commented
            Editing a comment
            If it’s a NOPA then they are giving you a chance to state your case. Personally why would you be at fault for your father’s actions, especially if you were a minor then.

• AgentNitro
            AgentNitro commented
            Editing a comment
            A Notice of Proposed Action (NOPA) isn't a disqualification. You were initially deemed qualified if you've completed steps in the hiring process. You just need to provide a compelling explanation showing that this hasn't impacted you and that you haven't participated in similar activity. Regular contact with him may be an issue, as well as having friends/acquaintances that have criminal records. If you don't have anything questionable in your background besides him, you should be fine. Make sure you respond to the NOPA within the time specified if you want to remain in consideration. Good luck.

• merlin436 Roninjin what would you suggest be In my reply I've written out a rough draft. Still not sure what to reply.
          the nopa stated
          "You advised during your polygraph examination that your father was arrested for transporting
          marijuana and spent time in prison. You also advised that you maintain close and continued
          contact with your father.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            What does the "close and continuing" contact consist of? If you live with your old man currently...that's one thing. If you see him one a year at Christmas and talk to him on the phone every few weeks...that's another thing.

• Roninjin
            Roninjin commented
            Editing a comment
            I highly advise that you don't put to much of these info out there. Don't know who is monitoring this forum.

• AgentNitro
            AgentNitro commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't see this before I replied above. Regular contact could be a concern as Merlin mentioned. However, your character references and personal history should be the main deciding factors. Remember, background decisions are based on the "whole person" rather than on isolated incidences. For example, if you've been arrested multiple times for the same or similar offenses (such as DUI, Assault, etc.), then you clearly demonstrate a lack of good judgment. If your father has a lengthy criminal history and some of it is recent, they have merit to their concerns.

• Hey guys, has anyone gone into their interview with any facial hair? My beard is short and I’m the best man at my best friends wedding 2 days after my interview.... if I need to, I’ll shave it but if this isn’t an issue I’m keeping it!

Comment

• bonds525
            bonds525 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup just clean it up

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Beard is fine. Just make sure it's trimmed neatly and well kept

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Gs5183, At my BPA SI they had a couple guys that came in unshaven... not even trimmed up well... and in colored jeans and a Hawaiian shirt, halfway undone with no undershirt. They made it through the SI, but then everyone that day got a department policy flier about Grooming/Dressing Standards. lol

• Hey y’all 18-8 VRA here, got my poly set for next Thursday in San Antonio. Has anyone here had their poly in San Antonio, and if so how was your experience?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12315 users online. 452 members and 11863 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X