Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the minimum # of push ups and sit ups for males on the pft?

Comment

• Anybody know the area code for the poly? Had a missed call today but they didn't leave a voicemail.

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      pnw360 for me I received a text and email about my poly not a phone call. The number that I received the text was from Virginia.

• Does anyone know if you can both have a direct-hire application and regular application for GS-9? Or GS7

Comment

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you can.

• For the NY people... I was curious if anyone had insight on JFK. I had my SI ( passed ) but there was no time to ask questions. What shifts / hours are typical. Day to day do cbp officers rotate what their tasks are? Are you in the booth stamping passports one day then roaming the terminal the next?

Comment

• If I reapply for a new announcement will I have to do everything over again. I’m currently 19-1 at %50

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, everything should transfer if it is CBPO to another CBPO. If it is BPA then you have to do SI and fitness test. Also if the new announcement is with different GS or DH, VA, ...you can keep both applications open.
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 05-23-2019, 08:03 AM.

• UPDATE VRA 18-7

I started in feb 2018, since separating from military I applied to the Los Angeles county's Sheriff's Dept and received an academy date in 8 months as back up. I have friends at CBP in the southern border and money and experience is not what I think most think it is. however i wish the best to all. good luck.
      Customs Border Protection
      18-4 GS9 DH 18-7 GS9 VRA
      TSL 2/23/18
      Equip 3/15/18
      Medical 3/17/18
      PFT1 3/27/18
      SI 3/30/18
      Poly 6/15/18
      BI interview 8/7/18
      Drug/EOD???

Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department (out of state applicant)
      Written/VPAT 9/26/18
      Interview 9/27/18
      BI/ Live Scan 9/28/18
      Poly 9/29/18
      Ride Along(norwalk)/ MCJ 11/??/18
      Case Disposition Added to File 2/9/19
      In House BI Visit 2/19/2018
      Conditional Offer Accepted 3/26/18
      Psych 4/1/19
      Medical 4/10/19

Comment

• Staerr
        Staerr commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you mean by “money and experience is not what I think most think it is”?

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely take the LA sheriff job, the pension alone DESTROYS anything on federal side. have half a brain and you can easily make sergeant. Jails may suck though, and dealing with a lot of the other sheriffs is like dealing with a platoon of infantry guys, but like I said the pension alone is well worth it.... well depending on who you talk to

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll take a guess that “money and experience is not what I think most think it is” relates to the fact that, while nearly everyone blows the horn of a 45K premium pay cap, huge relocation options and numerous opportunities to do various teams and functions to the applicant base...the vast majority of what's out there is very much port specific. Then there is the fact that many things are also well tied into OFO seniority. Lots of people, especially those jumping into smaller "incentive" ports jump into OFO under the notion that there's countless overtime available and opportunities galore. Then they find themselves in a place that has little overtime, few opportunities, especially for less senior hires, and an incentive set to disappear after 3 short years. Then, as they look to move out of those ports...they find few others want in them and that relocation opportunities are limited if not virtually nonexistent.

• CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
      Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
      Accepted CoE - 5/15
      Completed OnBoarding - 5/15
      Received Applicant ID for eQip - 5/20
      SI Invitation received 5/20 - 6/3
      e-Qip submitted - 5/22

What are everyone's thoughts on Philadelphia/Newark? Can a recent FLETC grad request those locations?
      Last edited by PA_Ed; 05-23-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Philly is a fairly large port. Newark is much larger than Philly. New hires choose their port before accepting the job. As an applicant, if you want to request Philly/Newark, have at it. At worst they'll tell you no.

• Few questions for anyone with more experience then I, please:

1. What is the work life balance like on the job? How many hours do you work per work? 8 or 12 hour shifts? As a new FLETC grad, are you stationed in an airport?
      2. What is FLETC like? What are some of the hardest parts/things to prepare for now? How often are you running? In hindsight, was FLETC fun?
      3. What are some of the specialty units you can apply for after X amount of years of service? Any K-9 or plainclothes opportunities?

Thank you

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        ... another question is how hard are the written exams at FLETC?

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        That was i am wondering too. how hard is the 8 written exams at FLETC ?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll let a recent FLETC grad handle FLETC questions.

Standard work week is 40 hours. Some ports have plenty of overtime available. Some ports have very little overtime. New hires choose their ports when they accept the employment offer. Some new hires will be going to airports. Much of the answers depend on the port. Some ports have 12 hour shifts, some don't. Again, depending on the port, there maybe specialty units, K9 and plainclothes opportunities available.

• Rmalard
        Rmalard commented
        Editing a comment
        Im not a grad but im in FLETC now. the academics are as hard as you make them ie study habits but plenty of time and extra study opportunities. We dont run very much so it would be good to be able to pass the run and push ups before you get here. if you want to do the job and be here you can do it

• Hello,
      18-5 and I’m still waiting for polygraph. Any suggestions on how to speed the process ?

Comment

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        Forget you applied.

• 18-7 and 19-8. Both sitting at 63%. Redoing medical Tuesday as it expired. Are the EOD dates they’re giving now In the fall?

Comment

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        My first medical was 4/6/17. At that time I had applied for customs and when I got to my SI I was already at FLETC for another federal job. They wouldn’t reschedule it for a date I could make it so I was told to finish fletc and reapply. I did that and everything transferred over to the new application. I just picked up at the SI. Unfortunately, they waited until after I took my drug test to tell me my medical was expired.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        2017 or 2018? I'm 18-6 and did my medical 4/20/2018, just wanted to know if it expires after a year

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the exact wording from CBP;

Medical exam is valid for 2 years. If the original decision date of your exam was less than 2 years old we would send you the medical self-certification form, but once it passes that mark the exam needs to be repeated.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        grassy assy

• Anybody else have issues with the 3D glasses portion of the medical exam?

Comment

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are talking about the depth perception portion, then yes, I had problems with it. The glasses were very old and scratched and the the book was very outdated and the pages were falling apart. I actually failed that part because it was pretty much impossible to see the figures on the page. So they had me re-do the vision portion with my personal optometrist that I see yearly and I passed with flying colors with him.

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s terrible my vision is 20/20 no contacts or glasses needed but for the depth perception I couldn’t pick the correct answer and was given a 5/9 hopefully that won’t set back my medical.

• 19-2 here, still waiting on Polygraph. Just went through some of the previous posts and seems like some 19-2s are getting called which is a good sign. Just living life and checking every phone call/text and e-mail. Good luck everyone.
      CBPO 19-2
      @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
      Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
      Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
      SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
      EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• Anyone here had to sit down with an investigator again, after the background package had been submitted to CBP? Any one with positive outcomes after having experienced this?

Comment

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not true chipper. I did offer to renounce, if needed.

I was active army with a clearance, with dual citizenship.

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          DMC1988 it wasnt a top secret though, as I had the same issue and had to renounce because I had a TS, wasnt a big deal to me, had a GF with the same issue and she had to renounce to get her TS.

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          chipperjones Oh, that makes sense. In the military I had a secret, not top.

Well I made it clear that I’m willing to renounce if needed.

Thanks for the info!
          Last edited by DMC1988; 05-24-2019, 12:49 PM.

• AgentNitro
          AgentNitro commented
          Editing a comment
          You won't be given a TS as a entry-level CBPO. You'll still undergo the same Tier 4 SSBI, but shouldn't have to renounce anything.

• Has anyone ever recieved an email from opr asking to be sent a letter? Is this good or bad? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Asking you to send a letter?

• AgentNitro
          AgentNitro commented
          Editing a comment
          If you moved and haven't updated your address, whatever it is could have been returned to OPR. It could be a NOPA which is a Notice of Proposed Action. Essentially, your background may have uncovered something potentially unfavorable or disqualifying and they're giving you the chance to explain the circumstances. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, a lot of them are cleared up by simply clarifying whatever the issue is.

• Hello,

So I passed my polygraph last week and am sitting at 63% in the app. I need to take the drug test and finish my background investigation. My question is, when can I expect the email for the drug test to come..? Should I expect to wait or should it be coming soon. Thank you!

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          you will most likely receive an email to "Re-certify your EQIP prior to field investigation" AKA the meeting with investigator/investigator meets references/ employer/ex employers etc.
          After that he will submit your background pack to OPR and you have to sit and wait more ( yeah sorry a lot more depending on how complex your background is. I'm at 5 months waiting) and then only once your background is adjudicated you will receive an email or call to schedule drug test. Unless of course you signed a provisional and it got approved, then you will get drug test call soon after your poly and will probably get EOD and academy date while still being actively investigated for your background.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6162 users online. 204 members and 5958 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X