Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else have issues with the 3D glasses portion of the medical exam?

Comment

• jdop7
      jdop7 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are talking about the depth perception portion, then yes, I had problems with it. The glasses were very old and scratched and the the book was very outdated and the pages were falling apart. I actually failed that part because it was pretty much impossible to see the figures on the page. So they had me re-do the vision portion with my personal optometrist that I see yearly and I passed with flying colors with him.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s terrible my vision is 20/20 no contacts or glasses needed but for the depth perception I couldn’t pick the correct answer and was given a 5/9 hopefully that won’t set back my medical.

• 19-2 here, still waiting on Polygraph. Just went through some of the previous posts and seems like some 19-2s are getting called which is a good sign. Just living life and checking every phone call/text and e-mail. Good luck everyone.
    CBPO 19-2
    @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
    Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
    Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
    SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
    EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• Anyone here had to sit down with an investigator again, after the background package had been submitted to CBP? Any one with positive outcomes after having experienced this?

Comment

• DMC1988
        DMC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not true chipper. I did offer to renounce, if needed.

I was active army with a clearance, with dual citizenship.

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        DMC1988 it wasnt a top secret though, as I had the same issue and had to renounce because I had a TS, wasnt a big deal to me, had a GF with the same issue and she had to renounce to get her TS.

• DMC1988
        DMC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        chipperjones Oh, that makes sense. In the military I had a secret, not top.

Well I made it clear that I’m willing to renounce if needed.

Thanks for the info!
        Last edited by DMC1988; 05-24-2019, 12:49 PM.

• AgentNitro
        AgentNitro commented
        Editing a comment
        You won't be given a TS as a entry-level CBPO. You'll still undergo the same Tier 4 SSBI, but shouldn't have to renounce anything.

• Has anyone ever recieved an email from opr asking to be sent a letter? Is this good or bad? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted.......
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:13 AM.

• AgentNitro
        AgentNitro commented
        Editing a comment
        If you moved and haven't updated your address, whatever it is could have been returned to OPR. It could be a NOPA which is a Notice of Proposed Action. Essentially, your background may have uncovered something potentially unfavorable or disqualifying and they're giving you the chance to explain the circumstances. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, a lot of them are cleared up by simply clarifying whatever the issue is.

• Hello,

So I passed my polygraph last week and am sitting at 63% in the app. I need to take the drug test and finish my background investigation. My question is, when can I expect the email for the drug test to come..? Should I expect to wait or should it be coming soon. Thank you!

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        you will most likely receive an email to "Re-certify your EQIP prior to field investigation" AKA the meeting with investigator/investigator meets references/ employer/ex employers etc.
        After that he will submit your background pack to OPR and you have to sit and wait more ( yeah sorry a lot more depending on how complex your background is. I'm at 5 months waiting) and then only once your background is adjudicated you will receive an email or call to schedule drug test. Unless of course you signed a provisional and it got approved, then you will get drug test call soon after your poly and will probably get EOD and academy date while still being actively investigated for your background.

• Hey guys.. 18-2 here!
      Anyone else starting 7/22 @ fletc. Nerves are kicking in a little. Mainly being because not really knowing what to expect but I’m sure we’ll be fine.
      Last edited by O_rod86; 05-24-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        My EoD is 7/24 for fletc, good luck.

• Scrappydoo
        Scrappydoo commented
        Editing a comment
        @Srhernza so I finally got a call back from my POC from my EOD location... He sent a nice email with answers to questions I would of asked. He also advised some officers there will help out with any of my needs so I shouldn't have to worry about nothing while I'm out there.

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        Scrappydoo that’s nice. I haven’t received squat. I did talk to my spouse’s friend who used to be in the BP and he gave me a lot of useful info in regards to what to pack and what to expect overall at the academy. Thankfully I live close to my EOD location. Best of luck.

• Scrappydoo
        Scrappydoo commented
        Editing a comment
        Srhernza115 Same to you buddy..

• Deleted.......
      Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Deleted.......
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going on six months, (5 if you take out the shutdown)

• Rich0987
          Rich0987 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im also going on 6 months. im 18-3 for Vermont and 18-5 VRA.

• Danieldv9
          Danieldv9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 18-1, im going on 7.5 months now, pretty disappointing but patiently waiting for my background to clear

• Got the verbal pass for the poly yesterday (5/22) .... 2nd times a charm, right? lol Just waiting to see what QC says.
        CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
        CBPO (67%)
        Eqip: done
        PFT1: 11/08/2018
        Medical: 10/30/2018
        SI: 12/11/2018
        Poly: 4/15/2019
        Poly 2: 5/22/2019
        Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
        Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
        BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
        BI Meet: 06/24/2019
        PFT2: 06/26/2019
        Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9 (75%)
        Referred: 07/03/2019
        Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
        PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
        BI check: ??
        Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
        EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• Hello all 17-10 here still waiting on BI.call. my question is I see a few people have had to redo there medical exam. Anyone have the time frame that the first one administered is good for....?

Comment

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talonderiel thanks for the info bud, sitting here waiting for this BI to call, but thank you for the info that helps

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            fort1978, you're welcome! I'm hoping you get the call soon. I'm just waiting to see how QC takes my 2nd polygraph. Their answer will tell me if I'm accepting the local PD job offer or not. :P

• Danieldv9
            Danieldv9 commented
            Editing a comment
            You are 17-10 and haven’t met with an investigator yet? Why so slow?

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wish I knew why so slow....I'm going to assume the shutdown had something to do with it, and I had to take the Poly 3 times which took a little time also.

• Can anyone in the academy PM me on details about what to prepare for? I.E what I would need to buy, what my pay will look like (GS7) and stuff I should have ready?

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Your pay will be your base pay w/ locality. Nothing added. No Sunday pay or shift differential.
            Here is the pay scale. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ement-officer/

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            I was just at FLETC for BOP. If you have the option, bring your personal vehicle. I didn't see anyone on bikes in April. Everyone walks and takes the shuttles to class. Savannah & Jacksonville are 1hr away. St. Simons & Jekyll Island are 15-20 minutes. All the major stores are close by.

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Get the gnat spray! The bugs are bad.

• TheChicagoKid1990
            TheChicagoKid1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you all for the input! I’ll look into boots. Are you issued uniforms at your port or at FLETC?
            Last edited by TheChicagoKid1990; 05-30-2019, 05:39 AM.

• To my fellow 2 timers, did you guys notice anything different in regards to the poly? Took mines 5 years ago and DQ'ed. Round 2 will be on 6/3, Obviously I do not want anyone to violate any terms of the polygraph, but anyone notice it to be any different from the past? I put everything I could possibly think of on my SF86. Im nervous, anxious, and excited all at the same time. Im taking it in Escondido, CA.

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Same thing for me.
            I did 3 poly's in 2013 for BPA. #3 didn't go so well. That one felt like an interrogation.
            Nervous to do it all over again for CBPO.

• PATEL1990
            PATEL1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang 3 times is a lot. Im nervous since my 1st time was such a bad experience. This time I put everything on my SF86. I legit have nothing else left to disclose, so we shall see. Im just going in relaxed and ready. If all else fails, the airport police is hiring like crazy in LA. I just have to say bye to 9 years of federal service towards retirement. But hey, such is life!

• ChrisQuirolo
            ChrisQuirolo commented
            Editing a comment
            During my SI, I asked if anything had changed in the last 6 years with the poly. They said yes, so I am hoping for the best this time around.

• Ok, so i am currently waiting for my poly to be scheduled. My eQIP has been submitted to OPR. My concern is, i checked the CBP website to see details of the poly. And it said there has to be 2 years from last drug use. Now, i dont use drugs but i did try that CBD plant or whatever which has no THC and is legal to buy in Texas. I did that in Nov. before even thinking about applying to this. Will that disqualify me? I did disclose everything on the e-QIP. What have you guys heard related to this?

Comment

• Hewho
            Hewho commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol ok everyone, i didnt come here for a lecture. I didnt study criminal justice or law enforcement. So i dont know everything like you guys "do" which is why i came here to ask, not to be lectured. Evolution81 unlike most of you my dream hasnt always been to be a federal employee. Like i said on my initial post, i tried CBD before applying. I was told about the application by a friend then by a recruiter at the end of last month. I applied and here we are now. Believe what you want. Its not you who i have to be honest to lol. If im found unsuitable.it will be because of that 2 year rule. Not because im too dumb to pass exams or not fit enough or medical issues. If i dont get in this time then after 2 years if i want this ill re-apply. No biggie.

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dont sweat it too much go through your process and let them make the desicion!!

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Be honest with them...tell them about it..Don't hide.... I saw someone on here used drugs, cocaine and stuff and got the job..so dont sweat... Hewho Good luck

• AgentNitro
            AgentNitro commented
            Editing a comment
            Not that you are, but don't give the comments of Evolution81 and YOUNG718 any further thought. You're an entry level candidate and have made mistakes like everyone else. Probably far less than those two. As you mentioned, you were honest about it and that's a huge plus for your integrity and accountability moving forward. Take it one step at a time and let the chips fall where they may. You'll be fine with or without this agency.

• 17-10 here question I see alot of people here saying I EOD on such date and I enter the Academy on such date. Can someone explain the difference. I understand that EOD is Enter on Duty, but do you go to wherever you are stationed first and then go to the academy? If that's the case where do you stay while EOD and when you do go to the Academy are you allowed to go on your own and bring a vehicle?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            The vast majority of new hires do pre-academy at their port of hire. Some exceptions might occur. Most of those are likely to put a person somewhere probably within his port's service area and almost assuredly within it's Field Office.

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok nice so it's kinda like I figured. Pretty much if I choose Philadelphia since I'm only 15mins away I could just stay at my house and when it's time for Academy just drive down. Anyone know if this Pre-Academy will be paid time. Dosent matter to me just curious.
            Thanks for all the info

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll be paid from day one when you EOD at pre-academy.

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            merlin436 thanks for all the info I heard that having your own transportation down at the academy is best. That's why I'm asking. Thanks again

• Finally after 3 months waiting and my medical is clear.....

Comment

• dalan
            dalan commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, waiting for my equip to be sent to OPR. Has yours been sent yet? I remember you 19-6.

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            dalan iam 19-3. it sent to OPR already. i am sitting @ 50% now

• dalan
            dalan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats good man you almost there.

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            dalan i hope so too man... seeing so many people waitting months for poly ..

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9459 users online. 478 members and 8981 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X