Structured Interview and Fingerprints:9/2018 passed
    GS9 19-6
    Reapplied 3/2019
    Euiqip update and Released to OPR:4/2019
    Medical Exam:05/2019 passed
    Background Investigation: In progress
    Polygraph: Pending
    Drug Test: Pending
    Background in Personnel Security Process now since September 2018 and currently now

Comment

• Just got a call for the polygraph! Pretty excited to just get it over with. Its my 2nd time for this position, I figure if I get it... great! If I dont pass... great! At the most I get to say I didn't give up!

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats to receiving the call today. What announcement are you in?

• Anyone have their background clear after having to wait many months? I hope my clears soon because I was told "pending adjudication" and get Chicago asap while slots are still open.

Comment

• TheChicagoKid1990
        TheChicagoKid1990 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got Chicago and it took about 6 weeks after I met my BI to clear and I got it. Also with the expansion of Chicago international terminal it’s actually a high demand. Like not like AZ and CA but I have a friend there and she said they are hurting also Chicago has 2 international Airports

• If you start at gs5, it would take you 4 years to get to gs12?

1st year = gs5
      2nd year = gs 7
      3rd year = gs 9
      4th y ear = gs 11
      beginning of 5th year = gs 12?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes.

Normal progression each year...
        GS-05...wait 52 weeks
        GS-07...wait 52 weeks
        GS-09... "
        GS-11... "
        GS-12/01
        GS-12/02
        GS-12/03
        GS-12/04
        GS-12/04
        GS-12/05
        GS-12/05
        GS-12/06
        GS-12/06
        GS-12/07
        GS-12/07
        GS-12/07
        GS-12/08
        GS-12/08
        GS-12/08
        GS-12/09
        GS-12/09
        GS-12/09
        GS-12/10
        With 12/10 being the highest step obtainable...outside of promotion or a journeyman increase.

• Scrappydoo
        Scrappydoo commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 I see on the opm pay scale gs10... is this pay grade not used?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Scrappydoo,

The even level pay scale grades are not used below the GS-12 level as far as CBPOs go.

• Meeting with my BI investigator tomorrow. She said it’ll be about an hour. Redoing my medical Tuesday and then all steps will be complete.

Comment

• mariosa83
        mariosa83 commented
        Editing a comment
        So how did it go? Did you have to do redo all your medical or just an update?

• Anyone here know anything about Houlton Maine schedule? EI: 8's, 10's, 12's etc.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Default scheduling at any port is going to be 8 hour shifts.

• What is the minimum # of push ups and sit ups for males on the pft?

Comment

• Anybody know the area code for the poly? Had a missed call today but they didn't leave a voicemail.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        pnw360 for me I received a text and email about my poly not a phone call. The number that I received the text was from Virginia.

• Does anyone know if you can both have a direct-hire application and regular application for GS-9? Or GS7

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted.......
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:14 AM.

• For the NY people... I was curious if anyone had insight on JFK. I had my SI ( passed ) but there was no time to ask questions. What shifts / hours are typical. Day to day do cbp officers rotate what their tasks are? Are you in the booth stamping passports one day then roaming the terminal the next?

Comment

• If I reapply for a new announcement will I have to do everything over again. I’m currently 19-1 at %50

Comment

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted.......
          Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:15 AM.

• CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
        Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
        Accepted CoE - 5/15
        Completed OnBoarding - 5/15
        Received Applicant ID for eQip - 5/20
        SI Invitation received 5/20 - 6/3
        e-Qip submitted - 5/22

What are everyone's thoughts on Philadelphia/Newark? Can a recent FLETC grad request those locations?
        Last edited by PA_Ed; 05-23-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Philly is a fairly large port. Newark is much larger than Philly. New hires choose their port before accepting the job. As an applicant, if you want to request Philly/Newark, have at it. At worst they'll tell you no.

• Few questions for anyone with more experience then I, please:

1. What is the work life balance like on the job? How many hours do you work per work? 8 or 12 hour shifts? As a new FLETC grad, are you stationed in an airport?
        2. What is FLETC like? What are some of the hardest parts/things to prepare for now? How often are you running? In hindsight, was FLETC fun?
        3. What are some of the specialty units you can apply for after X amount of years of service? Any K-9 or plainclothes opportunities?

Thank you

Comment

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted.......
          Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:14 AM.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          That was i am wondering too. how hard is the 8 written exams at FLETC ?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll let a recent FLETC grad handle FLETC questions.

Standard work week is 40 hours. Some ports have plenty of overtime available. Some ports have very little overtime. New hires choose their ports when they accept the employment offer. Some new hires will be going to airports. Much of the answers depend on the port. Some ports have 12 hour shifts, some don't. Again, depending on the port, there maybe specialty units, K9 and plainclothes opportunities available.

• Rmalard
          Rmalard commented
          Editing a comment
          Im not a grad but im in FLETC now. the academics are as hard as you make them ie study habits but plenty of time and extra study opportunities. We dont run very much so it would be good to be able to pass the run and push ups before you get here. if you want to do the job and be here you can do it

• Hello,
        18-5 and I’m still waiting for polygraph. Any suggestions on how to speed the process ?

Comment

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          Forget you applied.

• 18-7 and 19-8. Both sitting at 63%. Redoing medical Tuesday as it expired. Are the EOD dates they’re giving now In the fall?

Comment

• Swsports22
          Swsports22 commented
          Editing a comment
          My first medical was 4/6/17. At that time I had applied for customs and when I got to my SI I was already at FLETC for another federal job. They wouldn’t reschedule it for a date I could make it so I was told to finish fletc and reapply. I did that and everything transferred over to the new application. I just picked up at the SI. Unfortunately, they waited until after I took my drug test to tell me my medical was expired.

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          2017 or 2018? I'm 18-6 and did my medical 4/20/2018, just wanted to know if it expires after a year

• Swsports22
          Swsports22 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the exact wording from CBP;

Medical exam is valid for 2 years. If the original decision date of your exam was less than 2 years old we would send you the medical self-certification form, but once it passes that mark the exam needs to be repeated.

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          grassy assy

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8922 users online. 425 members and 8497 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X