Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after completing the drug test yesterday i was thinking this would be the last step. Nope today, i get an email saying my medical is no longer valid and must be repeated. The way this agency delays the process and does things is sometimes questionable.

Comment

• Gdelgado0220
      Gdelgado0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      Swsports22 ugh sorry to hear that..hopefully they contact you soon

• Danieldv9
      Danieldv9 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long ago did you do your medical? Also did you reapply to a different announcement later? Is that why your medical isn’t valid
      Last edited by Danieldv9; 05-16-2019, 09:26 PM.

• Swsports22
      Swsports22 commented
      Editing a comment
      They contacted me back late yesterday afternoon after I got the email saying that bc my first medical was back on 17 it is now out of date. Apparently I will be contacted by 5/23 to schedule another one. CASS went from 63% back down to 50%. Just very frustrating

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Swsports22 when did you complete your 1st medical?

• Hey guys, 18-4 here
    So I applied a while ago but my application took like a year in medical review. I recently got the call for the polygraph in late March. It was on April 11. Took it and then on the 15th, found out I passed. Referred to TCU on the 23 and took the drug test on the 24. I got the call on the 25 with an EOD of 8/19 and fletc 9/6-1/21. I got the call before I cleared the drug test or met the BI. Whom I am meeting next Wednesday. I wanna get excited but it’s bothering me that I’m not at 100% yet and I don’t wanna jinx myself. Hopefully all goes well.

Comment

• Jas423323
      Jas423323 commented
      Editing a comment
      I EOD on 6/10 and start fletc 6/24 so I am at my port for only two weeks but I was told alway all we do is all the papaer work and get I PIV card and pre fletc training

• Rmalard
      Rmalard commented
      Editing a comment
      True. I was at my port for 2 weeks now at fletc. PIV, pre academy online training, new employee paperwork, tour of port, shadow officers on the job.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      ohhh so its like a little OJT, so I would be at JFK/EWR for two weeks and then shipped off to fletc

• Fubbu01
      Fubbu01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jas423323 did you already receive the official email stating everything? If so how long ago?

• Post deleted

Comment

• Hey guys INS Applicant here... been waiting a long time to hear back. Been since like 2003 that I’ve heard any updates, when I call the number it says its disconnected and no longer in use. Is anyone else having this problem?

Application posting: 97-7
      Passed Exam: 01/02/1997
      Fitness Test: Pending

Comment

• Staerr
        Staerr commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you might want to reapply..

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow you took exam in 1997 didn’t hear anything until 2003 & are still waiting so you think it takes 16 years. Oh boy lmao

• Does the 300 day application process apply to announcement 18-11 and beyond?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        It really seems like poly is taken a while to transfer over but everything else went quick.

• Hi everyone,

I applied for 19-6. I have tried to look for information for Pembina port in ND. I haven't come across to any details. Any information? And what about Portal ND?

Comment

• UPDATE: 18-3 here. Currently sitting at 63%

My background was submitted in late November, I have been waiting ever since for adjudication. A few days ago I received an email from OPR (wont share it because it looked like a personal one not a general dept email) stating they were ( FINALLY) in the process of adjudicating my background but they needed to verify some information that they could not verify . They sent me a letter that was password protected and in the letter it said they were considering removing my tentative offer of employment but that before that happens i was given 15 days to reply and provide all the additional info so they can confirm and still consider me.
        I replied already and attached all the necessary proof, now I'm waiting again. The letter said they will respond as soon as possible,, lets hope that is true.

Anybody else has gone through this before? how long did they take to reply?

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          DMC1988 it was something about an affidavit that I did for a family member to come to the US ( i had to show proof of docs because they "could not find him" ) that was easy to fill out and something about a traffic ticket. i wrote an statement about that issue. ( didn't write like a degenerate lol)

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 any news on this buddy?

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          nope, sent a follow up email and got no response, it has been a month since my response. How about you? DMC1988?

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nada man. Got a email saying that it has “progressed” to personnel security, but I guess that really means nothing.

• Question for everyone, after you apply to an announcement and your status on USAjobs changes are you guys getting ‘referred’ or ‘selected’. Also everyone is getting this email, right?

Comment

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          which port and which announcement are you?

• Swsports22
          Swsports22 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the 2nd announcement I applied for. Initially i applied to DH 18-7. I just finished my drug test for one. Was supposed to be the last step but bc my medical was too far out I’m now being scheduled for another one. Should be the final step. However, I was told by headquarters at one point that bc the announcement was a DH I can only be offered the southern border. Since then Baltimore has opened so I applied to that announcement. Today I was referred, got a few emails and my USAjobs status changed to ‘selected’. The first announcement I applied for said ‘referred’ and still does. So I was wondering if anyone else has had to status go right to ‘selected’

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          My said selected from the start. They told me it's just a new thing they added when you sign your tentative selection papers.

• EE302
          EE302 commented
          Editing a comment
          once i started getting emails from CBP i didnt even look at what usa jobs were saying.

• Removed...
        Last edited by Staerr; 05-17-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• How are the other 19-1 cbpo’s doing? I’m at 50% now. I picked Seattle. Has anyone moved forward?

Comment

• Hopejoy
            Hopejoy commented
            Editing a comment
            19-1 at 63%.

• Maddoxthe13th
            Maddoxthe13th commented
            Editing a comment
            You two are former Leo or a vet no? I just work tsa is all so I won’t be pushed through faster

• Hopejoy
            Hopejoy commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe TSA officer are desired by CBP and I just heard that TSA will be sending officers to help out at the board.

• pnw360
            pnw360 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 19-1 VRA and at 50%. I'm from the Seattle area as well but my location is TBD

• What are the pros and cons for Corrections Officer and Juvenile Detention Officer?

Comment

• Hopejoy
            Hopejoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Is it because juveniles are more challenging than adults?

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Juveniles have the mindset of just that. They commit crimes just like adults but seem like they should be entitled and spoiled. The state of Texas is horrible for this. These are 16-19 year old kids. The state wants us to spoil them, treat them like 5 year olds. They get incentive days where they get games, food, incentives. They get recreation from 8am to 8pm. They are dangerous. If they assault you they are not held accountable because the prosecutor won't prosecute them. But if you try to restrain them they will fire you and even press charges on you. Saying excessive force. They don't even want us using o.c. spray anymore. It is dangerous for jco' s. This is all due to the new executive director and superintendent who are as liberal and wacky as they get. Which is crazy because gov. Abbot hired them. It is awful but it is a paycheck and need the insurance. County is not so bad but state is horrible and scary. These are murders, rapists, gang bangers and drug dealers and we can't do anything.

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can attest to what Hal29 is saying about juvie. I did it in Texas and it is awwwwwwful! Juveniles have more rights in there than we do it feels like sometimes. Also, like previously mentioned, they have no concept of what they do currently directly effects where they go when they age out. They think they're gonna go home when in reality they're going to the big house.

Hal29, wouldn't happen to work at Gainesville, would ya?

• Jr90037
            Jr90037 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m a probation officer n work with juvenile true story

• I guess i should have asked this at my SI but does anyone know if the Baltimore port is the Harbor seaport or Airport? or either both?

Comment

• So what are the shifts that’s worked down in Arizona? I can’t find anything and I forgot to bring that up to the recruiter. Are shifts 10, 12, 16 hours? I know they say you’ll be doing overtime for like forever so is that 16 hour shifts 7 days a week? Is the work week like law enforcement, 3 on 2 off etc?

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Scheduling depends on the port. 8 hour shifts are standard. 10 and 12 hour shifts might be a possiblity...dependent on location. I have never seen a 16 hour scheduled shift.

Overtime availability depends on port. Overtime scheduling is also port specific...but basically no port could support a 16 hour, 7 days a week schedule...and if one could, soon enough that Officer would run afoul of th 45K premium pay cap and then be removed from that scheduling. Many ports are not all that heavy in overtime agency-wide.

Scheduling is also port specific. Most 8 hour shifts I would say run 6 on, 2 off with a three day weekend every 5th and 6th week...but as I said, it's all specific to the port.
              Last edited by merlin436; 05-18-2019, 04:36 PM.

• Staerr
              Staerr commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, thank you!

• Scrappydoo
              Scrappydoo commented
              Editing a comment
              I heard its 6am to 2pm then 2-10 then 10-6... 8hr shifts you work 6 days then off 2 days and that continues until you get to a weekend and you would get a 4 day weekend

• Staerr
              Staerr commented
              Editing a comment
              Scrappydoo Okay thanks, that makes sense! Doesn’t sound too bad without the overtime.

• Well, today marks 1 year since I first applied. Still sitting at 50%, waiting for poly going on 9 months now. What a bummer.

Comment

• PATEL1990
              PATEL1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here! 18-8 applicant and im nearing the one year mark. I have a recruiter who works at the port I applied to who is looking into it for me. Hopefully there is something she can do, but I'm just staying hopeful at this point. Being patient sucks, but its the only option I get to exercise!

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              ontherunn 9 months not so bad you will probably be next for the poly I’m also looking to get the call for the poly as well hoping to get the call for JFK. Good luck to you I may see you at the academy if 19-2 announcement gets called for the poly soon

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              get used to it...thats normal for 98% of the process

• I am at FLETC now. Few comments..No one in my class spent less than a year to get here..some two years, If your a vet and or Leo use that one to apply more options on port as well as other things and its worth the time! If you want a very well paid LEO job..The time it takes and the road blocks you hit suck Just keep going! Any questions just ask

Comment

• chipperjones
              chipperjones commented
              Editing a comment
              where are peoples stations? SYS I assume? hows it looking if someone wants LAX?

• Scrappydoo
              Scrappydoo commented
              Editing a comment
              Any specifics needed when attending FLETC. I'm scheduled for July 15th.

• Rmalard
              Rmalard commented
              Editing a comment
              Im stationed in MIA. VRA gets to choose from most everything available. LAX was one of mine but that was a few months ago. they change according to need month by month.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5202 users online. 254 members and 4948 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X