Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else here apply around the 18-10VRA announcement? I been stuck at 38% for about 7 months now. Waiting to have my poly scheduled.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      If your waiting on poly why you only at 38%. You waiting on medical? That has to clear before you can do poly.

• WoundedGoose
      WoundedGoose commented
      Editing a comment
      If that's the case that would explain it. I had to resubmit one thing for medical (eye exam). That was back in December and still hasn't cleared.

• pnw360
      pnw360 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 19-1 VRA and still waiting for my poly. Nothing has happened with my application since December when I did the medical.

• How strict is med review? If they hire disabled veterans, wouldn’t they expect those disabled veterans to have aches and pains/mobility limitations? I can still pass the PT test with zero issues and more, just worried it’s a waste of time submitting all of these med review packets if they expect perfection.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      They don't expect perfection. Just that you are capable of doing the job.

• Just finished the drug test. Hoping to get a call soon

Comment

• TheChicagoKid1990
      TheChicagoKid1990 commented
      Editing a comment
      What port did you apply to?

• Swsports22
      Swsports22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Initially for eagle pass. Since that application more ports I’d rather go too opened. When I first spoke to headquarters they said I would have to reapply to the new port do I did. Few days later I was contacted again and told as long as the remaining portions are successful I shouldn’t have an issue getting Baltimore. So we will see. I choose provisional bc I already hold a secret clearance as a federal Leo

• Just came back from SI got a verbal pass. Here's my timeline so far.

Exam - 2/23/2019
    NOResults - 2/26/2019
    NOReferral - 3/1/2019
    Tentative Selection - 3/26/2019
    Eqip Email - 4/1/2019
    Eqip submitted - 4/3/2019 (Green check 4/30)
    Medical - 4/15/2019 (Green check 4/20)
    PFT-1 - 4/16/2019 (Green check 4/19)
    SI - 5/15/2019( Verbal Pass)
    Poly - ?
    BI - ?
    Drug Test - ?
    Final Offer - ?

Comment

• Hi everyone,
      After meeting your bi how long was your waiting time to getting the CALL?

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        The two weeks I believe is for the ones that were granted provisional.

• Gdelgado0220
        Gdelgado0220 commented
        Editing a comment
        Around 2 weeks if you’re granted the provisional. If not you have to wait for the BI to clear which can take a couple months.After it’s cleared you’re scheduled for your drug test Then you’re referred to TSU. then you should get the call a couple days after that

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        It has been way over couple months here.

• TheChicagoKid1990
        TheChicagoKid1990 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my drug test April 23rd and my BI cleared in the CASS app last Friday I’m just waiting for the call. I was cleared for both by BPA 3 weeks ago and they called me but hoping for the CBP spot if they give me the one for Chicago.

• Hello guys, I have a question regarding the EQIP...

On 5/4 I received a call from the hiring center and the gentleman told me that my EQIP was ready to be released to OPR and I needed to verify my it and resubmit, as it was outdated. I did that on the same day and added some additional information. I still haven't received notification that it was released and it is not reflected on CASS. Do you think that adding that additional info will cause it to take longer? In other words, editing it put my back into this "lottery
      ' of having EQIPS looked at?

19-3 sitting at 38%

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Hm hasn't been that long I'd wait a little bit more - When I made changes I was the one who proactively asked them to do so, off the top of my head I don't recall the time frame of it going green on CASS.

• nickg317
        nickg317 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, thanks corsair

• nickg317
        nickg317 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair just got the email today that it was released lol

• CBPO Announcement 19-2

I received a text and an email yesterday from CBP for my polygraph examination. It’s scheduled for late next month. I’m excited and nervous all at the same time.

Comment

• SPX
        SPX commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your update and good luck David, let us know how it goes.

19-2 as well and that gives me hope. I'm currently still sitting at 50% waiting for my polygraph. Can I ask what port did you apply for?
        Last edited by SPX; 05-15-2019, 10:48 PM.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        SPX thanks!! And I applied for Miami

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey David1984 that’s awesome that someone from19-2 has received email about Polygraph so it looks like we are moving along. I am in 19-2 for JFK hopefully I will receive email or phone call for the poly too.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 yea hopefully you hear something soon as well. Check your text and email for them.

• Hello, Anybody know how the salary is for a port like JFK or Newark?

Comment

• JDalhoff
        JDalhoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Elgin_87 I’m starting as a GS 5. I’d move to GS 9 in 4 years. Then I would start gaining the steps?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Normal progression each year...
        GS-05...wait 52 weeks
        GS-07...wait 52 weeks
        GS-09... "
        GS-11... "
        GS-12/01
        GS-12/02
        GS-12/03
        GS-12/04
        GS-12/04
        GS-12/05
        GS-12/05
        GS-12/06
        GS-12/06
        GS-12/07
        GS-12/07
        GS-12/07
        GS-12/08
        GS-12/08
        GS-12/08
        GS-12/09
        GS-12/09
        GS-12/09
        GS-12/10
        With 12/10 being the highest step obtainable...outside of promotion or a journeyman increase.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        JDalhoff I think you would go like this Hired 5-1 52 weeks later 6-2 52 weeks 7-3 52 weeks 9-4 52 weeks 11-5 52 weeks 12-6 104weeks (2 years) 12-7 and so forth every 2 years. That's how it is in the BOP I would assume its like that in the CBP as well.

• Rmalard
        Rmalard commented
        Editing a comment
        It tells you in the announcement the progression. but if you start at gs5/1 you will be gs9/1 in 3 years...gs12/1 in 5 years. You may start at a higher step initially at 5 depending on how much time at BOP or other federal time. but 1 year later you will be a gs7 step 1.

• 19-4 and still nothing new, but good thing I went TSA in the meantime. Got hired in 2 months haha. Hopefully, the ball rolls a little faster on the CBP front.

Comment

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Im 19-3, where are you at on CASS?

• rergang3
        rergang3 commented
        Editing a comment
        25%. I've completed the SI, medical and PT. However, medical still hasn't been cleared which is frustrating.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        youre 19-4...there is people with 18s and still waiting to finish the process

• rergang3
        rergang3 commented
        Editing a comment
        xknuckles yea I realize that bud. I wasn't complaining about the length of the process. If you really read my post, you'd see that it was more about going into the TSA while I wait.

• 18-6. 7 months since BI interview, patiently waiting. Any other 18-6’s waiting?

Comment

• Danieldv9
        Danieldv9 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-1 8 months since BI interview and also waiting

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        18-11, met bi 5 and 1/2 months ago, minus shutdown.

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-4 here. Waiting about 5 months after I had last contact with my background investigator.

• Countryrunner
        Countryrunner commented
        Editing a comment
        18-6 here too. Background going since November and still no word. BI said he submitted everything first week in January and noth I'll ng heard since then

• I applied for to the December 2017 announcement for the CBP Officer. Since October 2018 I’ve been waiting to have my medical documents reviewed by a nurse. I did the initial medical exam in January 2018 and in October they wrote me stating they need more info. I sent the info and received a message saying please allow 12 weeks to complete. It’s now May 2019 and I’m still waiting. It has been 7+ months and nothing. I write to the medical unit and they reply saying the same thing every month that the process takes months to complete. I’m still sitting at 38% for almost a year now. Has anyone else had to submit the extra paperwork requested by the medical unit? If so how long did it take for you to get an all clear finally?

Comment

• AdamF2882
        AdamF2882 commented
        Editing a comment
        Case Manager??? I wasn’t assigned a case manager. Been going through the process on my own.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        AdamF2882 yes it should be all the way of the bottom of your email. I believe it’s one of the first emails after you apply. I believe it’s when they ask you to fill out your e-qip.

• AdamF2882
        AdamF2882 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your help, I just emailed the lady that sent me the original email.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        AdamF2882 your welcome glad I could help. Hopefully they will tell you an answer. Keep us posted.
        Last edited by David1984; 05-16-2019, 01:33 AM.

• Hello!

So I started the process in January, and have completed the SI, Medical Exam, Fitness Test, eQIP, and now just recently passed my polygraph. What should I expect next and what should I expect timeline wise? Just trying to figure out what I should do about work. The only steps I have left are background investigation and drug test.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you fill out your application blind? How do you not realize you qualify for GS-9?

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair are going to JFK or EWR?

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally Newark but I switched to Baltimore

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        Corsair oh nice, good luck brother.

• So Ill try to follow the format of everyone else is using for timeline:

Applied 5/8/19 (19-8)
      EQIP sent in 5/15/19
      Medical Exam scheduled for 5/23/19
      SI scheduled for 6/3/19
      Fitness Exam (says in progress)
      Drug test (in progress)
      Poly (pending)
      BI (pending)
      Fitness Exam 2 (Not applicable)
      Final Offer (Pending)

Comment

• corsair being qualified for GS-9 was because of my work experience. i was under the impression my job wouldn't qualify for the experience, thus I didnt apply for it. MattCBP I am apart of announcement 19-6

Comment

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          SpenserJ9 Me too!!!! 19-6 GS-7 have a preference set up as Newark NJ, but will take JFK if offered.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just curious, what do you do for work?

• Belton
          Belton commented
          Editing a comment
          me too 19-6 but I chose Pembina, ND currently at 25%

• CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
        Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
        Accepted CoE - 5/15
        Completed OnBoarding - 5/15

Awaiting Pre-Employment Process to begin
        Last edited by PA_Ed; 05-16-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6553 users online. 236 members and 6317 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X