Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to find out what location you picked during the application process? I do not remember. Is there also any way for me to change that location? And if reapplying is the only way, how does that affect the process of what I have done so far?

Medical, SI, PT, Have all been submitted/completed.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      the location you picked is just a suggestion...it may not be available when they call you...they will offer you a list of what is available...... unless you're VRA..... then you can choose where you might go ......if they have an open slot...dont get hung up on the loc
      Last edited by Evolution81; 05-09-2019, 12:47 PM.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      If I'm regular announcement Will they let me have dfw?

• Swsports22
      Swsports22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just spoke with CBP headquarters. Unfortunately bc of the announcement I initially applied for was a ‘Direct Hire’ one if I want to change locations I have to apply to a new announcement. They said, and I quote, “Direct Hire announcements can only offer you locations within Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.”

So I have now applied to the new announcement CBPO GS9 19-8. I’ve done everything but the BI and Drug Test. Hopefully everything will switch over and not cause too much of a delay.

• Staerr
      Staerr commented
      Editing a comment
      Swsports22 Okay thank you for telling us. I ended up going back and checking and I just did the regular announcement that doesn’t even have the south as an option but I’m assuming I’d still get offered that first and then probably the port I chose during the application. Good luck to you! Yeah I hope it transfers as well. Would be so much easier.

• Apparently, quality control didn't like something because I have to go retake my poly at the end of May. Oh well, we'll see what happens this time around.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Camelbak , I'm in the same boat. Poligrapher said he thought I past but could see some distortion that QC might not like.

Here's to round 2 for us both! :P

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the examiner was pretty positive I would be fine with those results. When I left, he said good luck with the rest of the process. It's whatever really. I get the same examiner and it's only a few weeks away. I'm not worried about it.

• Well well well.....Finally got the call to have my Background Interview. I took my Poly way back in August 2018 and this is the last step other than the drug before I get an EOD. I am 18-3 applicant.
    Last edited by dannyboy33; 05-09-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! After the field investigation you wait for the adjudication, then drug test.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that’s a long time waiting. Congratulations though,you’re almost there.

• JimmyW777
      JimmyW777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I am still on 63% and my background investigation still in process and passed my poly back in OCT 18.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats on reaching the next step. Just and FYI, after you meet with the Background Investigator and he submits you package , the adjudication waiting time can take up to a year depending on how complex your background/how many applications they have, how many people working on it etc. . Mine was submitted in November 27 and I just got contacted by OPR that they are starting the process of adjudicating me now after 5 months.

• Just received a call following up on how my process was going. She said I should be contacted soon. Waiting for BI and drug test.

For those of you that received a follow up call, how long after did your next step start?

Comment

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      So I waited 8 months before I got contacted by the Background investigator after my polygraph passing. I honestly could not believe I waited this long. I am glad they are calling people though I thought I was forgotten since I have been in the game almost 2 years

• Swsports22
      Swsports22 commented
      Editing a comment
      dannyboy33, was the announcement you applied for a regular one or direct hire? I’m being told by a recruiter that direct hire announcements get pushed through quicker.

• Danieldv9
      Danieldv9 commented
      Editing a comment
      So i got the same call about a month ago but still haven’t heard anything I’m 18-1 btw. I decided to also apply for BPA and within a month i did the fitness test, written test, and SI. Hopefully that will speed up the BI process... how long ago did you meet your investigator?

• spilker13
      spilker13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received a call like that the week of thanksgiving last year and less than a week later got a call from BI investigator. Everything turned in right before the shut down so now I still wait. 18-4 applicant

• seeing everyone process moving so fast makes me so impatient. i did my lasik back in dec and and reapply in dec and now i am still waiting for them to send me something for my doctor to fill out... i've been waiting for 3 months already =.=

Comment

• TheChicagoKid1990
      TheChicagoKid1990 commented
      Editing a comment
      The medical did take a while for me too it sucks!

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      @TheChicagoKid1990 yea... 3 months already and just for review... that's a freaking long wait...

• Did anyone choose Nogales, Arizona? Or considering it? I’m kind of considering it because of the incentive and because it’s down south. I want some warm weather. (Coming from NY)

Comment

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Staerr oh ok and thank you... hope everything does go quick for you and see you in Nogales if you choose to come down that way lol.....

• Staerr
      Staerr commented
      Editing a comment
      Scrappydoo lol yup see you down there! What announcement were you?

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Staerr DH 18-6

• Staerr
      Staerr commented
      Editing a comment
      Scrappydoo Ooh okay! Yeah I'm only 19-6.

• I was just asking a question, there is no need to be rude.
    Last edited by Julia1996; 05-10-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Staerr
      Staerr commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not an expert in any of this but I think that would look fishy if you were to change the time in your favor. But they take many consideration into account aside from just what. Usage, time, how much, etc.

“Yes. CBP has guidelines which have an unfavorable recommendation for employment if the applicant has used marijuana, anabolic steroids, or misused prescription drugs (used someone else’s prescription, used a prescription for recreational as opposed to medical purposes, etc.) within the 24 months prior to application to work for CBP. CBP guidelines have an unfavorable recommendation for employment if the applicant has used other Schedule I-V drugs (cocaine, methamphetamine, heroine, etc.) within the 36 months prior to
      application to work for CBP.” From CBP’s site.

• stanford.west
      stanford.west commented
      Editing a comment
      So what you’re saying is that you wanna put falsify your application? Great fed cop you will be. Prime example of why we all have to take polygraphs.

• YOUNG718
      YOUNG718 commented
      Editing a comment
      Please find another line of work.

• mariosa83
      mariosa83 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Young718 find another line of work. If you are even thinking about falsifying information in your application you are not DHS/BOP/CBP material.

• Please tell me that was a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julia1996 View Post
      I got an e-mail saying I have to make some corrections to e-quip. Now the first time I put that I smoked weed a year ago but I heard that if you smoked less than 2 years ago they won't hire you. Can I change that on the e-quip now or are they gonna know?
      Yall talking crap...bet money she gets hired because that's how the fed works kidos....never mind that Marine with 2 masters degrees that has never done drugs in his life, but fails the poly anyway...give me that 21 year old that works asset protection for Target that just smoked weed last night please!

Comment

• Hey guys I’ve been trying to do research and reached out to ICE recruiting but have not received feedback or answers yet. I need insight if anyone has it regarding this topic.

I accepted my CBPO position. I’m excited and happy I’m in. I would like to eventually be an ice agent for DHS. Is that possible? The academy for an ICE agent is still FLETC. I did see some additional training (56 days + 71 days) besides the academy. So I assume.... I get my experience for a few years, apply and just do the additional training if accepted? I’m just wondering if there is an age limit once you’re in and if you have to go baaaaack through the whole process of (apply, written test, oral board, poly, background etc). Took me over a year. More like a year and a half. I mean it is what it is. Just curious if anyone has insight. Hope everyone is getting some decent if not great news.

Comment

• Staerr
        Staerr commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 Do you know if you still have to go through the second part of academy if you’re fluent in Spanish? Was told there was an extra 5 weeks if you pick south. I brought it up with a recruiter and he was unsure because they were making everyone go through it at one point.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        It used to be that one could test out of Spanish. Then things changed, and everyone attended academy Spanish.

I cannot tell you what the situation for new hires currently is.

• Staerr
        Staerr commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 Alright, thanks!

• ROBYM88
        ROBYM88 commented
        Editing a comment
        You take a Spanish test at FLETC. If you score high enough, you don't have to stay for the class.

• Sitting at 88% on the CASS app pumped to get the call soon!!
      Last edited by TheChicagoKid1990; 05-13-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long after your poly did your BI contact you?

• TheChicagoKid1990
        Editing a comment
        Kinda weird I did my poly in February the BI contacted me 2 weeks later. Took about a month after I met him to get it cleared in CASS. As soon as CASS updated it I got a call for a drug test. I applied for BPA and CBPO but BPA called me the same day I took the test which was 2 or 3 weeks ago but I really want CBP in Chicago which is why I’m hoping they call me soon.

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        My LT at work just informed me the BI called about me. So things are moving.

• What are the odds a rookie could get an overseas port? 0%? Looking at the list there's a few places I wouldn't mind working at.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Virtually zero.

Apply and ask. Maybe you'll get lucky.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nobody goes overseas as a new hire. You have to be a gs12 at the very minimum.

• Originally posted by TheChicagoKid1990 View Post
      Sitting at 88% on the CASSS app pumped to get the call soon!!
      I'm hoping you do! But like Swsports22 I want know too waiting for BI call after poly.

Comment

• TheChicagoKid1990
        Editing a comment
        Just commented about it lol but everyone has different timelines. I was a first time go on the poly some people have to retake it or sometimes fail. If not I’d say 2-4 weeks?

• mariosa83
        mariosa83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! @thechicagokid1990 hopefully this week is the week.

• Are CBP officers now considered actual law enforcement and get the same retirement benefits and health benefits lol. I know before 2008 CBP wasn’t looked at as LE officers. Right? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

• Nextrunnerup
        Nextrunnerup commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 thanks man. Yeah I’ve done prior research and I was looking it up again. I guess I was just getting confused as to if we would be covered under LE retirement and be subject to the same benefits. It looks like we are now. I mean. Lol. I can care less if someone tells me I’m not a LE officer as long as I can do my job, work my way up the ranks, support the mission, and get the retirement benefits we deserve like other LE or firefighters.

So I’m guessing it’s still 37 to 57. I know they moved up the minimum age to 40 years old. I just wasn’t sure if it went to 40 - 60.

Before it was 1% of your high 3 x 20 years of service. But now I assume it’s 1.7%. Correct me if I’m wrong merlin436. My bad to be annoying. Just getting a little confused about the specifics. Thanks man.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's currently age 40 entrance maximum with 20 year retirement. Prior military pretty much can come in at any age and work the full 20 years until retirement. Those who enter prior to age 37 face mandatory retirement at age 57. Unless they're hires prior to 2008...they face no mandated retirement.

1.7% each year for 20 covered years. Any years at 1%.

High three in salary. Up to 50% of the salary cap in overtime earnings counts towards retirement. No other differentials or holiday pay count towards high three calculations.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Double post...
        Last edited by merlin436; 05-10-2019, 10:09 PM.

• Nextrunnerup
        Nextrunnerup commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 thank you for all the insight sir! Greatly appreciated for real.

• I constantly reread this thread over & over. Super old posts to recent posts. Lololol. Im attached

Comment

• Staerr
        Staerr commented
        Editing a comment
        JStyleszx I haven’t read from the start but I think I went back to like 2017 and read from there. It’s just interesting and exciting while we wait lol

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of the older posts have lost some of their relevance since there have been some significant changes that have happened over the years.

Nevertheless, the history on this board is a decent archive. Much of present CBP is structured by influences from years, even decades ago. Some things even go back to the 1950s and before. If you don't have a working grasp on the history of the "whys"... you really won't fully understand the nature of present and recent past.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11273 users online. 470 members and 10803 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X