300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FIU24 View Post
    I live in miami also and I am taking my car. I think its better to take my car so I don't have to depend on any one. Lets say I need to go to wal mart to buy some stuff, I just get into my car and go. Also I plan on flying back to miami about once a month, so I am gonna drive to J'ville and take a plane back to miami. I think its the smartest thing to do if you live within driving distance from FLETC.
    Are you gonna work at miami airport? When do you start preacademy? When do you start FLETC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
      That's one of the reasons why I didn't choose Miami, even though not choosing it has got me waiting forever for a job. My friend works as prosecutor there and says traffic is a big problem.
      Was raised there all my life and couldn't wait to get the hell out of that city (Miami Coral Park Sr.) took that leap 1st chance I had after high school and joined uncle sam ...Hahaa Told myself I'll never live there once I left! Hope I didn't offend anybody...Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
        Are you gonna work at miami airport? When do you start preacademy? When do you start FLETC?
        I start Pre Academy on Dec 22 At Miami Airport. Then I start Fletc on Jan 14th.
        CBPO - Miami
        Pre-Employment Forms - completed
        Qualifications - GS 5
        Medical Exam - completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Drug Screening - completed
        Background Investigation - Completed
        Fitness - completed

Comment

• i have the exact same dates as you, but for Newark, NJ.
          See you in FLETC 923
          CBP officer
          Referred to EOD 07/07/08
          Newark, NJ
          Nov '07 tester
          FLETC class 923

Comment

• Yeah Class 923. See You There!
            Are you driving or flying?
            CBPO - Miami
            Qualifications - GS 5
            Medical Exam - completed
            Fitness - completed

Comment

• What is your work schedule when you finish FLETC? Is it like police officers, where you work five days and have two days off?
              CBPO - Miami
              Qualifications - GS 5
              Medical Exam - completed
              Fitness - completed

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                Was raised there all my life and couldn't wait to get the hell out of that city (Miami Coral Park Sr.) took that leap 1st chance I had after high school and joined uncle sam ...Hahaa Told myself I'll never live there once I left! Hope I didn't offend anybody...Lol
                The best city to visit though. It also seems to be the best location to choose if you want a quick hiring. Congrats to all the new EODers. Im jealous...
                "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Just got off the phone with the medical unit...they are very nice.

To anyone interested...they want depth perception from 70 arc or less.

Now all I have to wait is for my 3 month post-op date...Jan 6!

Comment

• Thanx Yoda for your comment. My cousin and my friend are in the same boat. Their scores are 85 and 90.

Comment

• I have been told that I am waiting for funding for the position in SLC. Does anyone know how long it takes from this point? I am in day 40 of 30-60 days for Scheduling to contact me.

CBPO-Salt Lake City
                      Tested: 7/07
                      TO: 7/08
                      Drug Test: Passed
                      VBT: Passed
                      Fitness: Passed
                      Quals: GS-5
                      Medical: Completed
                      BI: Met with Investigator
                      Sent to Scheduling Unit October 22, 2008

Good news from TSU they said that they have no idea when vacancies come open so I am still waiting.....

Comment

• For those of us in TSU still, did you get a letter confirming that your application was done? I remember getting one for my USBP app, but I've been in TSU for almost two weeks now and haven't gotten a letter saying so. My 30 days for USBP is tomorrow, so I'll call them up and see what they have to say.
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• i plan on flying, unless i can find someone to share a ride down there.
                          CBP officer
                          Referred to EOD 07/07/08
                          Newark, NJ
                          Nov '07 tester
                          FLETC class 923

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            For those of us in TSU still, did you get a letter confirming that your application was done? I remember getting one for my USBP app, but I've been in TSU for almost two weeks now and haven't gotten a letter saying so. My 30 days for USBP is tomorrow, so I'll call them up and see what they have to say.
                            I received a letter telling me to be ready and exercise. but nothing saying I'm done.
                            "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                              I received a letter telling me to be ready and exercise. but nothing saying I'm done.
                              Well not 'done' per se, but more or less that your pre-employment processed was completed (i.e. all things in CASS have been checked off, you're off to TSU). Sorry I didn't clarify further. But yea, since I have to call TSU anyways tomorrow for USBP, I'll ask them to see if they have anything to say about it.

What I can figure at this point is that the January FLETC classes are filled up. So it looks like that those of us in TSU could be looking forwards to calls made later this month to schedule out the February FLETC classes. There's a month of leeway for pre-academy, for the interested.
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Good2GoDOC View Post
                                after the acadamy how hard do you think it is to get in NY....The anoucement last week said FL, DC, TX, and CA...just wondering if there is still a possiblity in getting NY
                                Your spelling certainly won't get you into the port of your choice!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4131 users online. 189 members and 3942 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X