300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent A-Hop View Post
    oh okay...gotcha...I don't have any or medical issues like asthma, or anything like that. And I'm not worried about the drug testing thing at ALL... don't and havent even smoked a cigarrette. So I hope everything can go somewhat fast process wise..?
    While you are waiting for it to go fast....pull up a chair.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
      The way I knew I was getting a TO was that they scheduled my Fit test before I even got the TO in the mail or I was able to see my status on CASS; Ya never know!
      Interesting. I thought they needed those forms before anything can begin.

Comment

• New in this forum

Sorry guys, I need some help i took the exam in August 16 2008 at Jacksonville, Florida. In September i received my NOR of 80 since then i havent heard nothing from the cbp office. Should i be worried? Oh im from Puerto Rico Area. Any help would be aprecciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
          Dude that sucks, sorry to hear that man. I'm sure you can reschedule. I'm just curious, if it took you nearly 2 hours to get to a destination that usually takes 30 minutes why did you continue driving in that same direction for an additional 90 minutes after the scheduled test had begun? I would think that once you were considerably late, say for example, 15 minutes you would know that you wouldn't be admitted to the test. Why didn't you just turn around and go back home? Hmmmm, I think you might be exaggerating a tad on you experience this morning. Try waking up a little earlier next time. Good Luck.

takes me 30 minutes to get to palm beach which is 50 miles away. You sure about that? That's 100 mph.
          I am getting over it slowly but surely. Sorry for not being clear. The real distance between myself and Boca Raton is approx 42-48 miles. At a steady 75 mph thats approximately 33 minutes of driving or less if I stick a 80 mph in there when possible. Now it took me 110 minutes to get to the test site. So I did not drive an additional 90 minutes. I actually drove an additional couple of minutes as I did leave out quite early. 826 and Doral area and 836 is a disaster all times of the work day. I continued to the test location to make sure I know what I will need to do next time I need to go there again. Now I know exactly what not to do and do. I hope you enjoy the job when you are done.
          Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by E3CSHARP View Post
            I missed my test date and I am so disturbed. It is as if people in miami don't work or something. I mean there is never any break at all in traffic, throughout the entire day there is always traffic. I mean goodness sake. It took me 1hr and 50 minutes to get to a place that is 23 miles away while it takes me 30 minutes to get to palm beach which is 50 miles away. Now you tell me, what gives? I mean I just dont know what to say thats some serious serious serious traffic there 110 minutes for 23 miles. I am so mad at myself, even though I did not expect that I just want to put on a iron toe boot and kick myself.

Everyone of you stay safe though and good luck to everyone else in LE and aspiring LEOs.

Sorry to hear that. I took my test in San Francisco and the traffic was pretty bad too. I had to park pretty far and had to run to the test site thinking I was going to be late...but they start the test like 20 mins late so I was fine.

Comment

• There was a bomb threat when I took my test in Atlanta yesterday. Took me 30 mins to drive 3 blocks. I had to park a mile and a half away from the testing site and walk. They ended up moving the testing start time back 45mins. I don't know if anyone else has had problems with there testing but mine was extremely unprofessional. I couldn't understand a word the test proctor said and people brought food, drinks, and CELL PHONES into the test. I had to deal with smacking, crunching, and vibrating the entire test! I personally think if you can't go an hour without a snickers bar or diet coke then you've got problems.

Comment

• ^^^^^^
                That's crazy. My test in the GSA building was super strict; no one talked, no one had food, phones or anything, it was VERY by the books.

Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                Sorry to hear that. I took my test in San Francisco and the traffic was pretty bad too. I had to park pretty far and had to run to the test site thinking I was going to be late...but they start the test like 20 mins late so I was fine.
                Did you take it at the SF GSA building? I was gonna say, there's a parking structure right next to it! The lady there even asked me where I was coming from ("GSA building" I said) and she gave me a discount! For next time I suppose, right?
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Thor787 View Post
                  Sorry guys, I need some help i took the exam in August 16 2008 at Jacksonville, Florida. In September i received my NOR of 80 since then i havent heard nothing from the cbp office. Should i be worried? Oh im from Puerto Rico Area. Any help would be aprecciated.
                  Well Thor,
                  You should know that TO's are sent out in order of scores (Higher Scores first), if your Geo pref. had a large pool of testers and there were less open spots available...then you simply fell out of luck on that round. Some people get a TO relatively quick with an 80 and others wait for a very long time. My advice is for you to try and retake the test (it has to be a year from your original testing date) and shoot for a higher score. If this is what you want, go for it (No Te Rindas Boricua!)
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                    When I took my test, if I remember correctly it was at 8am so I predicted high traffic getting into downtown Detroit. I left my house with lots of time to spare. When I got there, at around 7:00, I thought that I'd be the only person there. As I approached the testing room I noticed that there was already a line for admission. I'm really glad that I got there as early as I did because the room filled up and the administrators were turning people away who were scheduled to take their test that morning. They had overbooked the room assuming a certain percentage of people wouldn't show.

I guess there's a lot of people in Detroit who want to be CBPOs.

Comment

I am getting over it slowly but surely. Sorry for not being clear. The real distance between myself and Boca Raton is approx 42-48 miles. At a steady 75 mph thats approximately 33 minutes of driving or less if I stick a 80 mph in there when possible. Now it took me 110 minutes to get to the test site. So I did not drive an additional 90 minutes. I actually drove an additional couple of minutes as I did leave out quite early. 826 and Doral area and 836 is a disaster all times of the work day. I continued to the test location to make sure I know what I will need to do next time I need to go there again. Now I know exactly what not to do and do. I hope you enjoy the job when you are done.
                      Sorry to hear that man,
                      but I lived in Miami for 5 years and I know that everyone there knew to stay out of the freeway if you had to be on time...
                      and yeah... the stretch from North Miami to Hialeah to Doral up to the exit towards the freeway to the Airport was always packed...the only time you didn't see traffic was from 11pm to 5am...
                      If I were you I would call the examining unit to try and get a reschedule for your test, try to explain what happened and they might do it.
                      Good Luck
                      Last edited by yoda; 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Hey guys, i know there was alot of talk about the run time at FLETC. There is a job announcement for CBP Enforcement Officers and they only have to do the run in 16.5 minutes. I would assume that a regular officer wouldnt have to do it faster than that...
                        I wouldn't assume that.

First, CBPO-E isn't an entry level job, not that I'm aware of. At the very least one needs to be a status candidate to apply. Mostly, it's filled by 'regular' CBPO's.

Second, the CBPO-E job is viewed by many in management and virtually all CBPO-E's as a totally separate job. I could easily see them looking at different requirements, especially since the CBPO-E is a immigration position and much more of a 'desk jockey' type job. Lots of CBPO-E's are looking to make it a plain-clothes position. Investigation/court stuff. No primary. No clearing cargo, climbing containers, scaling ships or trains or the like for the CBPO-E. Or, at least not as likely.

Comment

• Please help!

Hey guys please help!

What is the acceptable depth perception in seconds of arc? Is 25 acceptable? How does the test work, what is like the normal acceptable range? HELP! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            I wouldn't assume that.

First, CBPO-E isn't an entry level job, not that I'm aware of. At the very least one needs to be a status candidate to apply. Mostly, it's filled by 'regular' CBPO's.

Second, the CBPO-E job is viewed by many in management and virtually all CBPO-E's as a totally separate job. I could easily see them looking at different requirements, especially since the CBPO-E is a immigration position and much more of a 'desk jockey' type job. Lots of CBPO-E's are looking to make it a plain-clothes position. Investigation/court stuff. No primary. No clearing cargo, climbing containers, scaling ships or trains or the like for the CBPO-E. Or, at least not as likely.
                            Yeah i understand that. My thinking was that they make you go to Harpers Ferry and do all this self defense and "specialized" training and they dont have to run faster than the average trainee? Seems odd, thats all.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Yeah i understand that. My thinking was that they make you go to Harpers Ferry and do all this self defense and "specialized" training and they dont have to run faster than the average trainee? Seems odd, thats all.
                              In a way, I agree with you.

On the other hand, current CBPO's have already 'proven' themselves, so to speak. Plus lowering the run standard for the 'speciality' positions won't affect most males much, but it would cull out lots of women. Probably far more women than CBP wants to see left out.

Comment

That's the route I take to work everyday. It blows. 826 to 836 everyday, horrible. It takes me 45 minutes on, a good day, to drive 11 miles to work; sometimes over an hour, insane. When I start I will definitely be living as close to my port as possible.
                                Really sorry to hear about that though.
                                GEO Pref: MIA
                                Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                                TO: 9/08
                                Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                                Medical: Completed
                                Fitness: Completed
                                VBT: Completed 12/4
                                BI: Completed
                                Qualifications: Completed
                                TSU: 12/4
                                EOD: 2/17
                                FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12662 users online. 397 members and 12265 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X